•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Open Jobs: 2023 Off Season
Does it really matter who coaches where in the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions? Did any you guys watch the state tournament games? Was a Royal beat down of for those three regions with the exception of North Laurel. Next year will be even worse unless some teams in those regions stack up or combine their best. Even the all star teams from these regions would have a hard time winning games at the state tournament.
(03-20-2023, 11:00 AM)Diablo Wrote: Does it really matter who coaches where in the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions? Did any you guys watch the state tournament games? Was a Royal beat down of for those three regions with the exception of North Laurel. Next year will be even worse unless some teams in those regions stack up or combine their best. Even the all star teams from these regions would have a hard time winning games at the state tournament.

I mean considering someone has won a state championship and been to the final 4 from the 13th yes it probably matters
Who won a championship?
(03-20-2023, 11:00 AM)Diablo Wrote: Does it really matter who coaches where in the 13th, 14th, and 15th regions?  Did any you guys watch the state tournament games?  Was a Royal beat down of for those three regions with the exception of North Laurel.  Next year will be even worse unless some teams in those regions stack up or combine their best.  Even the all star teams from these regions would have a hard time winning games at the state tournament.
It all depends on draw at the Sweet 16.  Pikeville gave GRC all they could handle last year. So to say these regions can’t win a game is just not true.
Well Pikeville had Worrix come in from Valley. He was a difference maker I thought. I just think some of the teams will need to add some new guys in order to really compete. Don’t really matter if they change coaches or not. Coaching helps a lot but without the players it don’t matter.
(03-20-2023, 12:31 PM)Diablo Wrote: Well Pikeville had Worrix come in from Valley.  He was a difference maker I thought.  I just think some of the teams will need to add some new guys in order to really compete.  Don’t really matter if they change coaches or not.  Coaching helps a lot but without the players it don’t 

Not sure of any difference makers but it wouldn’t be too far fetched to think that a player or players would transfer.  Especially with uncertainty or speculation with coaching changes.
Yes it matters who coaches let a team have fun not just one or two
These three regions got to load up on local talent or go buy a couple kids from out of state to go with what they have. Personally I like it the local talent loading up better. On the coaching part, I meant about any them guys you all mentioned would do a good job. Especially with some additional talent.
A good program recruits itself I doute out of state talent moving in when you can't even hold your own talent.Its bad when your program so bad you can't even have a basketball banquet at end of season
I come here to see job postings and half of it is ranting back and forth. You all either put it to the DMs or create your own threads.
You could have created an all star team without Sheppard from regions 13,14, 15 & 16 and they'd have been lucky to have beat Frederick Douglas, Woodford, GRC or Warren Central. Just my opinion, but I think the gap exist and it's growing exponentially. Unless you see classifications or divisions on enrollments it's going to be a tough future.
any in the 13th region
Apollo and Marion County are open.
Clay county open or will be opened who be front runner for this job

OPEN
1.) Apollo
2.) Breathitt County
3.) Campbell County
4.) Central Hardin
5.) Clay County 
6 Hancock County
7.) Louisville Central
8.) Louisville Moore
9.) Louisville Southern
10.) Louisville Valley
11.) Madison Southern
12.) Marion County
13.) Nicholas County
14.) Pendleton County
15.) Russell County
16.) Shelby Valley
17.) Todd County Central
18.) University Heights

FILLED
1.) Buckhorn - Shannon Blank
2.) Montgomery County - Jason Mays
OhHereWeGo. Get you a need paper go to the want adds.
knox county open
(03-22-2023, 11:04 AM)Turnover Wrote: OhHereWeGo. Get you a need paper go to the want adds.

I would do that if they had it. Much more to the point than the arguing and taking the thread off track.

Btw, quote me next time so I can respond to your commend in a more timely fashion.
OPEN
1.) Apollo
2.) Breathitt County
3.) Campbell County
4.) Central Hardin
5.) Clay County 
6.) Hancock County
7.) Knox Central
8.) Louisville Central
9.) Louisville Moore
10.) Louisville Southern
11.) Louisville Valley
12.) Madison Southern
13.) Marion County
14.) Nicholas County
15.) Pendleton County
16.) Russell County
17.) Shelby Valley
18.) Todd County Central
19.) University Heights

FILLED
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyPattern's post:
  • OhHereWeGo
You couldn't respond if I drew you a picture Get you a suck bottle and HUSH
(03-22-2023, 09:24 PM)Turnover Wrote: You couldn't respond if I drew you a picture Get you a suck bottle and  HUSH

I do not need to hush to keep a thread on track. Or do I need to draw a picture for you to help you understand as you seem technologically challenged?
OPEN
1.) Apollo
2.) Beechwood
3.) Breathitt County
4.) Campbell County
5.) Central Hardin
6.) Clay County 
7.) Hancock County
8.) Knox Central
9.) Louisville Central
10.) Louisville Moore
11.) Louisville Southern
12.) Louisville Valley
13.) Madison Southern
14.) Marion County
15.) Mercer County
16.) Nicholas County
17.) Pendleton County
18.) Russell County
19.) Shelby Valley
20.) Todd County Central
21.) University Heights

FILLED
OPEN
1.) Apollo
2.) Beechwood
3.) Breathitt County
4.) Central Hardin
5.) Clay County 
6.) Hancock County
7.) Knox Central
8.) Louisville Central
9.) Louisville Moore
10.) Louisville Southern
11.) Louisville Valley
12.) Madison Southern
13.) Marion County
14.) Mercer County
15.) Nicholas County
16.) Pendleton County
17.) Russell County
18.) Shelby Valley
19.) Todd County Central
20.) University Heights

FILLED
2.) Campbell County - Brent Sowder
3.) Montgomery County - Jason Mays
OPEN
1.) Beechwood
2.) Breathitt County
3.) Central Hardin
4.) Clay County 
5.) Hancock County
6.) Knox Central
7.) Louisville Central
8.) Louisville Moore
9.) Louisville Southern
10.) Louisville Valley
11.) Madison Southern
12.) Marion County
13.) Mercer County
14.) Nicholas County
15.) Pendleton County
16.) Russell County
17.) Shelby Valley
18.) Todd County Central
19.) University Heights

FILLED
1.) Apollo - Ryne Tinsley
2.) Buckhorn - Shannon Blank
3.) Campbell County - Brent Sowder
4.) Montgomery County - Jason Mays
Ashland open...?
Any rumors on the Pendleton job?
(03-28-2023, 08:06 PM)IAM22 Wrote: Ashland open...?

From what I understand it is but it's not posted on open jobs. (A volleyball job is, so I'm assuming they post all athletic jobs there as well). 

https://ashlandky.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx

(03-29-2023, 02:44 PM)Explorer Wrote:
(03-28-2023, 08:06 PM)IAM22 Wrote: Ashland open...?

From what I understand it is but it's not posted on open jobs. (A volleyball job is, so I'm assuming they post all athletic jobs there as well). 

https://ashlandky.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx

Job filled. 

Per Ashland twitter. 
Ryan Bonner is officially head coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Explorer's post:
  • UKisN1
Madison Southern's position has been filled, just not announced yet. Should be very soon. This from a source who sent a coaching resume and received an email saying the position was no longer available.
Bethlehem opened up
(03-29-2023, 07:01 PM)bball_fan Wrote: Madison Southern's position has been filled, just not announced yet. Should be very soon. This from a source who sent a coaching resume and received an email saying the position was no longer available.
Correct and most people in the South end of Madison County are NOT happy about it! I’ll wait until the official announcement…from 2 of the coaches who went through the interview there…this was not handled very well.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next