Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
28.57%
Corbin
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/18 Dreaded 3rd Round
(11-13-2022, 06:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:17 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:10 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:06 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 05:26 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I wondered where you were. You've been busy with your thesaurus, or does your wife write insults for you? All kidding aside, you should lay off the booze.

I was busy ( I was also inside your head) enjoying my Sunday and made some tater salad to go with chicken and biscuits to have dinner with family and friends. A whiner like you probably doesn't have any true friends. Go Redhounds!
It's usually the keyboard warriors who boast about having a bunch of friends who actually have none.

This keyboard warrior will be in Corbin. Will you? I never boast about anything . You  make it obvious that you're a narcissist.
I doubt that I will be making the 12 hour drive to watch the game live. You make it obvious that you a jerk. I pity your caretaker.
Will I be there? Hell you idiot my son plays on the team. I’ve made that known numerous times. You can park at my house if you like. I live like 200 yds from the field. I’ll even let you ride to the game with me. I’ll be that loud, narcissistic fan under the pa booth. I’m not hard to find. You should know about the pa booth right ? I told you I’d give you a seat up there. You should feel right at home

(11-13-2022, 02:43 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:04 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 01:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central does not need long, sustained drives to beat Corbin. They averaged 8.4 yards per carry against Corbin in last year's game and it does not take long to cover 80 yards at that rate. If the JC OL plays well, then it will be a long, tiring night for Corbin's defense because the same running backs have given Corbin fits before. Having Carter Conley back and freshman Logan Music available just gives Corbin's more to worry about. McCoart and Price have rushed for over 1,000 yards each and either Conley or Lawson would have also rushed for 1,000 yards if either of them had started the entire season.
I wouldn’t compare what you did to us last year to this year. Different kids , different team. Totally different Defense. Yea we give up yards but as long as we can keep jc out of the end zone I don’t care how many yds per carry they get. I’m glad all your backs are healthy and ready. I would venture to say big frank and Eli Bolton may have a lot to say about how many yds you get up this middle this year.
This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..

(11-13-2022, 02:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:06 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 01:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Johnson Central does not need long, sustained drives to beat Corbin. They averaged 8.4 yards per carry against Corbin in last year's game and it does not take long to cover 80 yards at that rate. If the JC OL plays well, then it will be a long, tiring night for Corbin's defense because the same running backs have given Corbin fits before. Having Carter Conley back and freshman Logan Music available just gives Corbin's more to worry about. McCoart and Price have rushed for over 1,000 yards each and either Conley or Lawson would have also rushed for 1,000 yards if either of them had started the entire season.

Hound5 and I could have  rushed for 1,000 yards each against the competition that JC has faced.
How would Hound5 and you have done against last season's Hounds? Would you have rushed for 454 yards against them? 

JC returned 4 of its top 5 rushers from last year's team and their 2nd leading rusher from the 2020 team. McCoart, Price, Lawson, and Conley have all made significant contributions to Johnson Central's past wins against Corbin and all of them have more playoff experience against stronger teams than Corbin's current players have. Maybe Corbin's coaches will finally figure out how to slow down Johnson Central's running attack but it hasn't happened yet.  Big Grin
Man The more you keep talking and poking fun the more I’m gonna troll you until the end of time. Nah I really just genuinely don’t like you. Lol. Hell I don’t even know you and don’t like you.

Give 'em hell, Sarge !!!  Dammit, you're firing my @ss up and it's not even Monday yet.  Don't let these bozos throw shade at our statewide #2 ranked boys.  Corbin and Freddie D are the best teams I've watched this season. No team that loses to North Laurel and barely escapes a home loss to poor Letcher Central is going to beat Simon Kenton or gonna be dancing on the big C at Campbell Field.

(11-13-2022, 02:42 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: What is clear to Hoot is that the same yahoos that were predicting a huge Corbin win and trip to Kroger field a year ago are making the same predictions again. Maybe this is finally Corbin's year, maybe not, but all of the Corbin trash talkers are climbing out on the same limb that was sawed off a year ago. If your coaches let you down again this season, then maybe next year some of you will try the confident, but humble approach to the game. j/k - that will never happen.

You've never been humble in your life. Don't start pretending to be humble now. No one's buying it.
Oh my. I forgot all about NL game. SMH.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Hound05
(11-13-2022, 06:23 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: For Mr. Gibson's further edification, recently updated  Massey ratings has JC rated #22 in the state, just behind a Highlands team that was ousted in the second round.  

Corbin is rated #5 , behind only  Fred DouglassTrinity, St. and Male.

Tongue
There is not much that you could teach me. I am very familiar with Massey and CalPreps. Last season, you boasted that Corbin was ranked #2 in all classes. How accurate was that ranking? What difference do rankings make when a head-to-head game is only a week away? None. 

Johnson Central has a young team with plenty of experience in the backfield. Maybe they are a year away from another appearance in the state finals or maybe Friday night's game will get them one step closer. All I know is that where Corbin is ranked will not make any difference in the outcome of the game. The winner of the Boyle County and Lexington Catholic game should be favored to win 4A, IMO, regardless of who wins the game in Corbin.
(11-13-2022, 03:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:23 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: This is the same Corbin defense that gave up 7 yards/carry to Simon Kenton, which had one running back who carried the ball 33 times. Johnson Central's running game will not be as easy to contain as SK was. Did big Frank and Eli Bolton play against Simon Kenton?

Neither team can afford many turnovers and expect to win but all of the bragging and efforts to make Corbin into a huge favorite are not going to have any impact on the game. There are enough Corbin players who have already played Johnson Central twice, who know they are in for a battle. Anything is possible, but a huge blowout win by either team is unlikely, IMO.
Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..

(11-13-2022, 02:29 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: How would Hound5 and you have done against last season's Hounds? Would you have rushed for 454 yards against them? 

JC returned 4 of its top 5 rushers from last year's team and their 2nd leading rusher from the 2020 team. McCoart, Price, Lawson, and Conley have all made significant contributions to Johnson Central's past wins against Corbin and all of them have more playoff experience against stronger teams than Corbin's current players have. Maybe Corbin's coaches will finally figure out how to slow down Johnson Central's running attack but it hasn't happened yet.  Big Grin
Man The more you keep talking and poking fun the more I’m gonna troll you until the end of time. Nah I really just genuinely don’t like you. Lol. Hell I don’t even know you and don’t like you.
The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
All I have done is typed facts and pointed out the obviously weak defense that Corbin played against Simon Kenton. You are obviously somebody who cannot handle the truth. What I am picking up is a vibe of a sensitive guy who can dish out insults but can't take it when people stand up for themselves. Maybe Corbin has turned things around since the Simon Kenton game or maybe the weaker schedule has made the defense look much improved. We will find out soon.
Son I live my life in a sea of insults lol. I’ve got 4 kids. And that’s insulting. I’m not sensitive. I didn’t cry when ol yelled died. Sad  you’ve hurt my itty bitty feelings. Last year with that line you wore us out harder than my mama did with her switch when I got in papa’s liquor cabinet. You may have the horses in the back , but you don’t have the hogs leading the pack. You compare last year to this year? You better take a good look at your team.
I almost cried when Dan and Ann cried.
(11-13-2022, 06:40 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I almost cried when Dan and Ann cried.
I did I’m just weak like that
(11-13-2022, 06:26 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:22 PM)He Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..
Classy. Just what I expect from you. Ironton is more talented than Corbin. Johnson Central lost to Ironton and will need to play better to beat Corbin. I will never understand what makes braggarts like you tick. That Simon Kenton game was one of the worst displays of defense that I have seen. Simon Kenton is good, but not that good. They have two very good offensive threats and if you contain one of them, then they are in trouble. Corbin let them run wild, just like Corbin let Johnson Central's offense run wild last season.
Oh living on last season still. Please respond with something different. Simon Kenton had more than one threat. Lol. And their line is better than yours. And classy I am not sir. I assure you. Lol. I’m about as far as classy as a two legged horse is to be the fav in ky derby. I’m about the most blunt and straight forward person their is. I’ll call your bs all day long and still put money in the offering plate on Sunday. Jc ran as wild like stallions do on the Great Plains of the Midwest last year no doubt. This years team is that team that’ll shank you in the feeding trough and let you run like you did last year , and follow until you bleed out and step on you just to make sure.
Like I said, Simon Kenton had two main offensive threats. Corbin did not stop either one of them. Putting together a string of shutouts against the weakest part of the schedule does not make up for that extremely poor defensive showing. Johnson Central dominated Crone and SK in a two game series and SK dropped them from the schedule and picked up Corbin. I guess SK thought they had a better shot at beating the Redhounds. They were right, but the Pioneers found a way to lose a game in which they rolled up 528 total yards of offense, and that is not an easy thing to do.
Oh wow. It’s not like I haven’t heard that statistic like 10k times already. But yet we found a way to shut them out second half. Come on man it’s gonna be a long week. You’ve got to come up with better material. That’s why we play a week schedule. We like shutting ppl out at the back end of the schedule. Makes us look tough. Isn’t that the redhound way? All talk ? What happened to jc schedule this year. It was a real tough , grinding one i suppose ?
Johnson Central played a typical schedule for them. Ending with a weak district schedule, just like Corbin, with a final game against a Belfry team that was way down this season. I have never tried to exaggerate the toughness of Johnson Central's schedule. I would like to see JC play a tougher schedule but they played some games that helped them prepare for the playoffs. Ironton has been the best team that Johnson Central has played this season. JC always tries to schedule a few teams with strong passing games and that is Ironton's strength.
I wouldn’t compare what you did to us last year to this year. Different kids , different team. Totally different Defense. Yea we give up yards but as long as we can keep jc out of the end zone I don’t care how many yds per carry they get. I’m glad all your backs are healthy and ready. I would venture to say big frank and Eli Bolton may have a lot to say about how many yds you get up this middle this year.

Hound5 and I could have  rushed for 1,000 yards each against the competition that JC has faced.
How would Hound5 and you have done against last season's Hounds? Would you have rushed for 454 yards against them? 

Honest to god, we’ll quit reading at “last year”. When grant Bingham gets off that bus, I’ll rethink my game plans
(11-13-2022, 06:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Classy. Just what I expect from you. Ironton is more talented than Corbin. Johnson Central lost to Ironton and will need to play better to beat Corbin. I will never understand what makes braggarts like you tick. That Simon Kenton game was one of the worst displays of defense that I have seen. Simon Kenton is good, but not that good. They have two very good offensive threats and if you contain one of them, then they are in trouble. Corbin let them run wild, just like Corbin let Johnson Central's offense run wild last season.
Oh living on last season still. Please respond with something different. Simon Kenton had more than one threat. Lol. And their line is better than yours. And classy I am not sir. I assure you. Lol. I’m about as far as classy as a two legged horse is to be the fav in ky derby. I’m about the most blunt and straight forward person their is. I’ll call your bs all day long and still put money in the offering plate on Sunday. Jc ran as wild like stallions do on the Great Plains of the Midwest last year no doubt. This years team is that team that’ll shank you in the feeding trough and let you run like you did last year , and follow until you bleed out and step on you just to make sure.
Like I said, Simon Kenton had two main offensive threats. Corbin did not stop either one of them. Putting together a string of shutouts against the weakest part of the schedule does not make up for that extremely poor defensive showing. Johnson Central dominated Crone and SK in a two game series and SK dropped them from the schedule and picked up Corbin. I guess SK thought they had a better shot at beating the Redhounds. They were right, but the Pioneers found a way to lose a game in which they rolled up 528 total yards of offense, and that is not an easy thing to do.
Oh wow. It’s not like I haven’t heard that statistic like 10k times already. But yet we found a way to shut them out second half. Come on man it’s gonna be a long week. You’ve got to come up with better material. That’s why we play a week schedule. We like shutting ppl out at the back end of the schedule. Makes us look tough. Isn’t that the redhound way? All talk ? What happened to jc schedule this year. It was a real tough , grinding one i suppose ?
Johnson Central played a typical schedule for them. Ending with a weak district schedule, just like Corbin, with a final game against a Belfry team that was way down this season. I have never tried to exaggerate the toughness of Johnson Central's schedule. I would like to see JC play a tougher schedule but they played some games that helped them prepare for the playoffs. Ironton has been the best team that Johnson Central has played this season. JC always tries to schedule a few teams with strong passing games and that is Ironton's strength.
Las year. Last year. Last year. Corbin dominated Sk last year. So they dropped them. Then Jc went and picked up a juggernaut in north laurel. 

And LCC or north being right at Ironton or just barely behind.
(11-13-2022, 06:36 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Nope neither one played both sides of the ball. Bragging. ? Hell who doesn’t brag on their team? I don’t give a dogs turd what type of huge advantage you think pumping our team up will help. I’ll brag and make it seem like we can run through a brick wall all I want. I don’t need some turd like you giving me advice on what a true fan can say or do for our team. Never said a blow out either. But I assure you these aren’t the same kids , so for you to think you’re gonna run all over us is dumb on your part. Oh and you’re no Simon Kenton either. Who have you played to that caliber this year ? Waiting…..

The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
Nope I don’t have many friends. It helps at Xmas time. Not much of a blowhard either. Scars on my knuckles and face kinda trumps that. But, you seem as much as a blow hard than I’ve ever read about. You talk a big game , but I’d wouldn’t label you a blow hard. More like a internet gangster. All talk behind a keyboard kinda guy. But i do appreciate the compliment though. Almost and I mean almost brought a tear to my left glass eye.
All I have done is typed facts and pointed out the obviously weak defense that Corbin played against Simon Kenton. You are obviously somebody who cannot handle the truth. What I am picking up is a vibe of a sensitive guy who can dish out insults but can't take it when people stand up for themselves. Maybe Corbin has turned things around since the Simon Kenton game or maybe the weaker schedule has made the defense look much improved. We will find out soon.
Son I live my life in a sea of insults lol. I’ve got 4 kids. And that’s insulting. I’m not sensitive. I didn’t cry when ol yelled died. Sad  you’ve hurt my itty bitty feelings.  Last year with that line you wore us out harder than my mama did with her switch when I got in papa’s liquor cabinet. You may have the horses in the back , but you don’t have the hogs leading the pack. You compare last year to this year? You better take a good look at your team.
I am just a spectator. Obviously the offensive line is not as big and experienced this season but nobody has shut down JC's running game this season, although North Laurel did a pretty good job after Conley left the game with a broken leg. Johnson Central relies more on its running backs blocking for each other than they did last season but those running backs are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were a season ago, so maybe JC's young linemen will play well enough to win. Johnson Central has a great track record of producing great linemen, so don't be surprised if they play much better than you expect.
(11-13-2022, 06:49 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Honest to god, we’ll quit reading at “last year”. When grant Bingham gets off that bus, I’ll rethink my game plan
Haha yea that big boy was a monster.
(11-13-2022, 06:55 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 03:11 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote: Oh living on last season still. Please respond with something different. Simon Kenton had more than one threat. Lol. And their line is better than yours. And classy I am not sir. I assure you. Lol. I’m about as far as classy as a two legged horse is to be the fav in ky derby. I’m about the most blunt and straight forward person their is. I’ll call your bs all day long and still put money in the offering plate on Sunday. Jc ran as wild like stallions do on the Great Plains of the Midwest last year no doubt. This years team is that team that’ll shank you in the feeding trough and let you run like you did last year , and follow until you bleed out and step on you just to make sure.
And LCC or north being right at Ironton or just barely behind.
No, Corbin being right at Ironton or just barely behind. Ironton is loaded with talent and like Corbin, they are still undefeated. Johnson Central played well against Ironton but lost, and that was the week after the North Laurel game and the loss of Carter Conley.
I just think it’s funny how early season games dont mean anything, but last year does haha.

Yea I watched Ironton. Not a bad team. But from what I saw not world beaters.
(11-13-2022, 07:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I just think it’s funny how early season games dont mean anything, but last year does haha.

No I’d say rebounds clock ironton in 1st quarter
(11-13-2022, 06:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 06:36 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The feeling is mutual, Sarge. I am sure that somebody likes you, but I have never cared much for blowhards.
Son I live my life in a sea of insults lol. I’ve got 4 kids. And that’s insulting. I’m not sensitive. I didn’t cry when ol yelled died. Sad  you’ve hurt my itty bitty feelings.  Last year with that line you wore us out harder than my mama did with her switch when I got in papa’s liquor cabinet. You may have the horses in the back , but you don’t have the hogs leading the pack. You compare last year to this year? You better take a good look at your team.
I am just a spectator. Obviously the offensive line is not as big and experienced this season but nobody has shut down JC's running game this season, although North Laurel did a pretty good job after Conley left the game with a broken leg. Johnson Central relies more on its running backs blocking for each other than they did last season but those running backs are bigger, stronger, and faster than they were a season ago, so maybe JC's young linemen will play well enough to win. Johnson Central has a great track record of producing great linemen, so don't be surprised if they play much better than you 
I hope they do play at a level that they haven’t all year. I don’t want any excuses or doubt about this game. Win or lose I want the best of what you have. Bring on the filet mignon of JC. That way I know we have the best you’ve got. I want that nasty fight. I know my boy And his buddies do as well. I’m selling this fight as a back yard bully fight. In one corner you’ve got the big red headed kids w/freckles and a dip in their mouths who has beat everyone’s ass on the playground since pre school ( JC ). The other corner you’ve got the kids who just wants to be able to eat in piece. Ya know kinda just wants to eat their  pizza and scroll over notes, but gets picked on because they’ve never stood up to the bullies. ( C ) when the bell rings which Group  is gonna throw the first punch ? The bullies or the kids who ya never know what kinda fight they got until they get hit and decide enough is enough ? If these boys have anything by god it’s guts and a will to win. Entry is free but donations are appreciated
(11-13-2022, 07:02 PM)Hound05 Wrote: I just think it’s funny how early season games dont mean anything, but last year does haha.

Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?
This is getting a little too personal even for me and that’s saying a ton lol
Come on guys we’re all buddies here.

By my early calculations at this pace this thread will crash the site before Friday night
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Diogenes, Westside
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?
We had 5 kids committed to D1 or received offers last year. That don’t mean crap as you can tell. We’ve got 3 ready to sign this year. That doesn’t mean crap. Most schools go off size and potential. Also numbers they have from combines. Very few major d1 schools will even see a kid play until they narrow it down. Unless your from a powerhouse school thats well known. That come from Big V himself from KY

(11-13-2022, 04:06 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Let me make this clear to Hoot the only big red wave you’re going to see in November is the New Corbin Red wall defense. Lol
Im loving being a new found Corbin fan more and more. Redhound nation full of democrats should be plenty of EBT to swap come Friday night, forget selling em. 
#GimmeThatPinNumber
I ain’t no snow flake democrat Lol. I voted for trump. If you’ve got a extra ebt card I’d sure love to have one. Need to buy some milk and eggs

(11-13-2022, 04:45 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 04:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 02:37 PM)64SUR Wrote: Let me make this clear to Hoot the only big red wave you’re going to see in November is the New Corbin Red wall defense. Lol
Im loving being a new found Corbin fan more and more. Redhound nation full of democrats should be plenty of EBT to swap come Friday night, forget selling em. 
#GimmeThatPinNumber

Casting shade on the 1 of 4 impoverished in our area who need EBT to help feed their families.  Nice...  Typical.

Just another reason to hand out parting gifts to JC at the exit gate on Friday after the game. I'll have a dozen or two ready to go after Friday's beatdown.
You can’t give away your EBT card at the gate silly old man. Cmon old school There’s less than 90 miles that separate us nobody’s casting shade on anyone we all obviously live pretty similar life styles just making light of a situation that people like you are embarrassing yourselves acting like you are strapping up this Friday night.
How are we embarrassing ourselves. By throwing shade at the other team? Hell I love it. I’m sick and a little twisted anyway. It’s all part of the game. Defending your team is a matter of pride and tradition. I wouldn’t call it embarrassing. But call it what you will. I really like the pic of Justin. That red brings out his skin completion

(11-13-2022, 04:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's funny, this thread about a game between the state's overall second-ranked team(Corbin) and a team(JC) with a RPI  WELL below that of Williamsburg will get five times the number of views of the thread about the big rematch between 4A's second and third ranked teams.

#GimmeThatPinNumber

Casting shade on the 1 of 4 impoverished in our area who need EBT to help feed their families.  Nice...  Typical.

Just another reason to hand out parting gifts to JC at the exit gate on Friday after the game. I'll have a dozen or two ready to go after Friday's beatdown.
You can’t give away your EBT card at the gate silly old man. Cmon old school There’s less than 90 miles that separate us nobody’s casting shade on anyone we all obviously live pretty similar life styles just making light of a situation that people like you are embarrassing yourselves acting like you are strapping up this Friday night.

Sarge and I are strapping on our fighting gear on Friday.     Smile
This vet is strapped 365. Lol
(11-13-2022, 08:16 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

We had 5 kids committed to D1 or received offers last year. That don’t mean crap as you can tell. We’ve got 3 ready to sign this year. That doesn’t mean crap. Most schools go off size and potential. Also numbers they have from combines. Very few major d1 schools will even see a kid play until they narrow it down. Unless your from a powerhouse school thats well known. That come from Big V himself from KY

#GimmeThatPinNumber
I ain’t no snow flake democrat Lol. I voted for trump. If you’ve got a extra ebt card I’d sure love to have one. Need to buy some milk and eggs

#GimmeThatPinNumber

How are we embarrassing ourselves. By throwing shade at the other team? Hell I love it. I’m sick and a little twisted anyway. It’s all part of the game. Defending your team is a matter of pride and tradition. I wouldn’t call it embarrassing. But call it what you will. I really like the pic of Justin. That red brings out his skin completion

(11-13-2022, 04:49 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's funny, this thread about a game between the state's overall second-ranked team(Corbin) and a team(JC) with a RPI  WELL below that of Williamsburg will get five times the number of views of the thread about the big rematch between 4A's second and third ranked teams.

(11-13-2022, 04:06 PM)Gold River Wrote: Im loving being a new found Corbin fan more and more. Redhound nation full of democrats should be plenty of EBT to swap come Friday night, forget selling em. 
#GimmeThatPinNumber

I agree with what you said about D1 recruits. Colleges recruit based on potential to excel at the next level, but some of the best high school football players that I have ever seen were not recruited by any major D1 schools. Lots of great high school players were born not quite tall enough or fast enough to succeed at a major college level but a lot of players who have the potential to be great college players are not standout high school players.

I just mentioned Ironton's D1 commits to show that they have some athleticism in their starting lineup. They have a 3-star or 4-star Wisconsin recruit who was held under 50 yards in the game against Johnson Central. The kid is built like a tank and has great speed, but he wasn't really much of a factor, aside from being a great decoy. Ironton is a Division V school in Ohio but they were that division's state runner-up and played Moeller last season. Ironton is frequently accused of recruiting by teams in southern Ohio, northern Kentucky, and West Virginia, so they are usually one of the best teams in the area.

The town of Ironton's football tradition is second to none. They once had a professional team that beat the Chicago Bears and the New York Giants in the same season. When the Ironton Tanks dissolved, some of their players, along with players from a professional Portsmouth team, became part of the the newly formed Detroit Lions team. The tradition of the NFL Thanksgiving day games started with games between Ironton and Portsmouth, and the Lions continued the tradition. Ironton's high school team still plays in Tanks Stadium.

Knox central had 3 D1 players too. Worked out good for them. I’ve watched Ironton. They are a good football team. But 4A and above they wouldn’t win a title here. Probably not 1 or 2A. They have a good QB. But nothing exceptionally stands out. But it’s a invalid point for either side. The eagles always have the possibility of winning this game, but JC hasn’t played an offense with the firepower of Corbin this season. Time shall tell for them though. And just like us last year, you don’t really know how well the offense and defense are because of a weak schedule. The offense and defense line apparently didn’t have experience in the NL game. They’ve got the experience now, and the same line gave up over 30 points to an LCC team that was trading scores with the eagles, outside of their two turnovers. Their offensive line held JC’s 3 headed monster to 30 sometbing points. Anything can happen, but those are just facts of the matchup
(11-13-2022, 08:56 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:16 PM)Sgt Slaughter Wrote:

#GimmeThatPinNumber

(11-13-2022, 04:06 PM)Gold River Wrote: Im loving being a new found Corbin fan more and more. Redhound nation full of democrats should be plenty of EBT to swap come Friday night, forget selling em. 
#GimmeThatPinNumber

(11-13-2022, 04:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Casting shade on the 1 of 4 impoverished in our area who need EBT to help feed their families.  Nice...  Typical.

I agree with what you said about D1 recruits. Colleges recruit based on potential to excel at the next level, but some of the best high school football players that I have ever seen were not recruited by any major D1 schools. Lots of great high school players were born not quite tall enough or fast enough to succeed at a major college level but a lot of players who have the potential to be great college players are not standout high school players.

I just mentioned Ironton's D1 commits to show that they have some athleticism in their starting lineup. They have a 3-star or 4-star Wisconsin recruit who was held under 50 yards in the game against Johnson Central. The kid is built like a tank and has great speed, but he wasn't really much of a factor, aside from being a great decoy. Ironton is a Division V school in Ohio but they were that division's state runner-up and played Moeller last season. Ironton is frequently accused of recruiting by teams in southern Ohio, northern Kentucky, and West Virginia, so they are usually one of the best teams in the area.

The town of Ironton's football tradition is second to none. They once had a professional team that beat the Chicago Bears and the New York Giants in the same season. When the Ironton Tanks dissolved, some of their players, along with players from a professional Portsmouth team, became part of the the newly formed Detroit Lions team. The tradition of the NFL Thanksgiving day games started with games between Ironton and Portsmouth, and the Lions continued the tradition. Ironton's high school team still plays in Tanks Stadium.
It’s J. Keyes. A 3 star who ran 10 times in that game for 37 yard. If he’s that good I would have given him the ball more. But yea I’ll admit the eagles did a good job containing him. I
Guess everyone forgot about the 3-4* guy that is going to KY that Corbin held down.
But last weeks stats are out. Franklin, Ironton, you can’t really compare JC or Corbin to them because they didn’t play. But both did play LCC. This defense that played so “well” against Ironton allowed Jonah little to rush for 135 yards and pass for 130. Corbins defense which which was implied to not be as good a JC, held him for 35 yards. Actually we held the whole team to less than what Jc allowed little to rush for and that was
With our JV in the 2nd half since it was a clock right before halftime. Again, I don’t know what we are gonna do
(11-13-2022, 09:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Knox central had 3 D1 players too. Worked out good for them. I’ve watched Ironton. They are a good football team. But 4A and above they wouldn’t win a title here. Probably not 1 or 2A. They have a good QB. But nothing exceptionally stands out. But it’s a invalid point for either side. The eagles always have the possibility of winning this game, but JC hasn’t played an offense with the firepower of Corbin this season. Time shall tell for them though. And just like us last year, you don’t really know how well the offense and defense are because of a weak schedule. The offense and defense line apparently didn’t have experience in the NL game. They’ve got the experience now, and the same line gave up over 30 points to an LCC team that was trading scores with the eagles, outside of their two turnovers. Their offensive line held JC’s 3 headed monster to 30 sometbing points. Anything can happen, but those are just facts of the matchup
You didn't watch the LCC game very closely. LCC's defensive line did not hold JC scoring down, their offense cut into the number of JC possessions and JC's special teams allowed a couple of big plays. JC rushed for over 370 yards in the game. You can look at that game and hope that it showed weaknesses that Corbin can exploit, just as I can look at the Simon Kenton game and hope that is an indication of how Corbin's defense will play against a good running attack. I am sure that both teams learned from those experiences.
Eagles win this game, everyone has been happy for their loses early this season but what I’ve seen they are a solid group that blocks for each other and are all team players. Corbin should win by the stats and talk but I don’t think they will. No score predictions all it take is 1 more point, should be a good one wish I could be there
I still hate Laetner. Lol
[-] The following 3 users Like Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!, Diogenes, Hound05
(11-13-2022, 09:35 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You didn't watch the LCC game very closely. LCC's defensive line did not hold JC scoring down, their offense cut into the number of JC possessions and JC's special teams allowed a couple of big plays. JC rushed for over 370 yards in the game. You can look at that game and hope that it showed weaknesses that Corbin can exploit, just as I can look at the Simon Kenton game and hope that is an indication of how Corbin's defense will play against a good running attack. I am sure that both teams learned from those experiences.

I think the big gains from what I saw was off Tackle on the edges for Johnson Central in that Letcher game. Of course you have to run all over the field to set it up but the edges was wide open and the reverse QB run. I think the Letcher td they ran back for a score changed the momentum and then it was a shootout.
(11-13-2022, 09:41 PM)Old guy Wrote: I still hate Laetner. Lol

If only he had been ejected.. Just sayin... Smile
(11-13-2022, 09:29 PM)Hound05 Wrote: But last weeks stats are out.  Franklin, Ironton, you can’t really compare JC or Corbin to them because they didn’t play. But both did play LCC. This defense that played so “well” against Ironton allowed Jonah little to rush for 135 yards and pass for 130. Corbins defense which which was implied to not be as good a JC, held him for 35 yards. Actually we held the whole team to less than what Jc allowed little to rush for and that was
With our JV in the 2nd half since it was a clock right before halftime. Again, I don’t know what we are gonna do
You are really running all of the comparisons into the ground, over, and over, and over. The game is less than a week away. The game will most likely be decided along the line of scrimmage. If Johnson Central's offensive line creates holes for the running backs, then I think Corbin is going to have a difficult time slowing down JC's offense. That is really the key to the game. If Johnson Central consistently moves the chains, then I like Johnson Central's chances of winning. If Corbin forces a few punts early, then it could be a long night for JC.
(11-13-2022, 09:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:29 PM)Hound05 Wrote: But last weeks stats are out.  Franklin, Ironton, you can’t really compare JC or Corbin to them because they didn’t play. But both did play LCC. This defense that played so “well” against Ironton allowed Jonah little to rush for 135 yards and pass for 130. Corbins defense which which was implied to not be as good a JC, held him for 35 yards. Actually we held the whole team to less than what Jc allowed little to rush for and that was
You are really running all of the comparisons into the ground, over, and over, and over. The game is less than a week away. The game will most likely be decided along the line of scrimmage. If Johnson Central's offensive line creates holes for the running backs, then I think Corbin is going to have a difficult time slowing down JC's offense. That is really the key to the game. If Johnson Central consistently moves the chains, then I like Johnson Central's chances of winning. If Corbin forces a few punts early, then it could be a long night for JC.
I do agree to that. That was the whole problem last year was the type of defense that was used and the players that wasn't used on both sides of the ball. So this year, of course we will have to wait till game time to see the plan, but Letcher at least tried and had some success on defense enough to make it a game. Corbin has the weapons and the confidence to stop the run. I do expect a different look from Corbin this time around. Johnson Central also has to defend the Corbin offense and put pressure on the QB and stop Corbins run in which no one has been able to do so far..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(11-13-2022, 09:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I think the big gains from what I saw was off Tackle on the edges for Johnson Central in that Letcher game. Of course you have to run all over the field to set it up but the edges was wide open and the reverse QB run. I think the Letcher td they ran back for a score changed the momentum and then it was a shootout.
I agree. That kickoff return was a huge momentum shifter. Some JC player missed their assignment on that play. Either the kicker did not place the ball correctly, or somebody screwed up on the coverage because one of JC's coaches was irate, pointing and waving his arms during the return. I was watching a live stream with no sound but I felt sorry for whoever screwed up. Johnson Central's coaches are usually pretty calm on the sidelines. That was probably the most animated that I have seen any of them get this season.
(11-13-2022, 09:56 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 09:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Players who returned and played a big role in beating Corbin the past two years do mean something. Losing an early season game or two after losing your starting running back to an injury, replacing last season's starting quarterback, and replacing the entire offensive line, not so much. Your assessment of Ironton makes me wonder why they have three starters on offense committed to major D1 programs. I wonder what you know that the recruiters missed?

I agree. That kickoff return was a huge momentum shifter. Some JC player missed their assignment on that play. Either the kicker did not place the ball correctly, or somebody screwed up on the coverage because one of JC's coaches was irate, pointing and waving his arms during the return. I was watching a live stream with no sound but I felt sorry for whoever screwed up. Johnson Central's coaches are usually pretty calm on the sidelines. That was probably the most animated that I have seen any of them get this season.

I didn't see it, I missed it. I did see that JC scored easily when they needed a score as time was running out.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next