Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ Gov. Christie Vetoes Gay Marriage Bill
WideRight05 Wrote:Awesome to hear about going to church Vundy!! I don't know you in person, but judging by the passion you express on here there is no doubt any church would be blessed to have you. I can tell you put your 110% into everything. Can't beat that!

To reference your second question - a good majority of the New Testament writers were either an apostle, had direct contact with the apostles, or were related to Jesus. The Four Gospels were the only books of the new testament with any real historical reference, since the writers were the ones who followed Jesus around. Acts (written by Luke) also has some historical reference, since it shows how the apostles carried out the mission that Jesus laid out for them after he resurrected. Revelation is the only other book that references anything historical other than these books, and that book goes more into detail about the future than the past. All the others are mostly letters directed to someone and/or a group of people to provide encouragement and advice. Even though most of the books were written after Jesus' time on earth, they were written by people who were there, who had witnessed seeing him.

Thanks for the reply bro. And FINALLY, someone who puts it into English that someone can understand! I couldn't find an explanation even close to as good as yours is with an hour of Googling and reading. Thanks again, I appreciate it. Answered some of my questions.

This helped me a bit too..

http://www.christiancourier.com/articles...ascus-road
Bob Seger Wrote:As did the Apostle Paul, both pre Demascus road and post. And yeah, I'm leading up to something.

Really Bob? I'm interested in hearing that...
WideRight05 Wrote:Okay, first off TheRealVille, I do have a couple of questions before I address this issue:

1. I can tell that you do not believe in Christianity, which you have mentioned, but I can tell from your posts that you do not like it as well. What is your reasoning? Did you have a bad experience in the Church? If you're not comfortable with that on here PM me...I had a bad experience in a Church growing up and it nearly chased me away for good too.

2. I would like to know what area it is of the Bible you do not believe in. To clarify, what do you think it is that (doesn't have to be in long detail) that reinforces your belief that the Bible isn't true?

If you're not comfortable openly on here, PM me. I am just trying to learn where your beliefs stem from on here so I can answer you better.
None of it.

Let's start with one simple question. Why doesn't god heal amputees? With all the "healing" that goes on, and all the "prayers answered" stuff in the bible, why does he completely ignore these people and their prayers?

We might should take this to PM, so as not to mess up the thread anymore.
^ PM has been sent!

Also Vundy, it's a thrill to see that you picked up on it so well! Some of those sites go way, way in depth - much further than needed lol. Also liked the link you shared - it has a lot of good points.

Yeah, forgot this thread was about vetoing a gay marriage bill...back to debating haha.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ PM has been sent!

Also Vundy, it's a thrill to see that you picked up on it so well! Some of those sites go way, way in depth - much further than needed lol. Also liked the link you shared - it has a lot of good points.

Yeah, forgot this thread was about vetoing a gay marriage bill...back to debating haha.
I've sent you a couple of PM's, they must not be going through.
Some aren't TRV. We're having some problems with them right now.
TheRealVille Wrote:I've sent you a couple of PM's, they must not be going through.

Yeah, I haven't received anything right now. I also notice that the message I sent you isn't in my sent items box.
Sorry dudes. Working on it.
It's totally cool. That's what you get when you have guys like Spud6 and Stardust on here. Big Grin

J/K. You guys do an excellent job and we appreciate this great and FREE site.