Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer vs. Johnson Central
outsidein Wrote:I have to say it is so refreshing to know that we have so many people that would admit to a bad call. I guess when they play football and if a ref misses a holding call the player raises his hand and goes over to the ref and gets the flag and throws it against himself. Tells the ref sorry but I was holding over here and you missed it so I through the flag myself. Good to see when a bad call is obviously made that we have so many saints that they would tell on themselves. Leave a base early and safe at home they go back to the umpire and say sorry you missed the call I was out. Bad this happened but guess what it's not the first time and it won't be the last. Shoot google bad calls and you can see many.

It wasn't a missed call...It was an overturned call of one that was previously the right call.:eyeroll:
outsidein Wrote:I have to say it is so refreshing to know that we have so many people that would admit to a bad call. I guess when they play football and if a ref misses a holding call the player raises his hand and goes over to the ref and gets the flag and throws it against himself. Tells the ref sorry but I was holding over here and you missed it so I through the flag myself. Good to see when a bad call is obviously made that we have so many saints that they would tell on themselves. Leave a base early and safe at home they go back to the umpire and say sorry you missed the call I was out. Bad this happened but guess what it's not the first time and it won't be the last. Shoot google bad calls and you can see many.

I agree bad calls happen all the time and is part of the game, however at the state tournament level and how this developed, it is INEXCUSABLE. Lets assume Ashland had won the whole thing after being given a game they did not win. Would they truly feel like State Champions and would the KHSAA feel like the whole tournament was a farce? In the course of a regular season things happen but dont carry the same implications as it being an elimination game at the state tournament, much less it being the last inning.

For what its worth, I am not even from Johnson County. But I do have a sense of reality and what this call costs a group of young ladies who worked so hard to be in that position, let alone the young lady who was robbed of the glory of hitting a homerun(which she did) at the state tournament. And if the situation was reversed I would feel the same way for Ashland girls. I think PHSForever nailed it pretty much in the above post.

Some of you have downplayed this as a part of the game and I assume you are not outside looking in but on the inside looking out.

KYRock you are still an idiot.:ChairHit::HitWall:

Lastly noone has ever answered the question of how Ashland feels good about this. They have lost respect from others and I suspect from themselves. They are the ones sleeping with this every night.
:
Lot of golfers on the site.

:biggrin:
American Dream Wrote:Not bad at all just wanting to discuss the difference we have on this subject.

I thought we were discussing our differences, I am not from Johnson county, have no connections to either program, I just call 'em like I see 'em. I watched the video and saw two Ashland players watch a ball go over the fence, then stood by and watched their coach get that call overturned. I just assumed that anyone with a sense of morals and ethics would see the things that I saw.
Commanche Wrote:I agree bad calls happen all the time and is part of the game, however at the state tournament level and how this developed, it is INEXCUSABLE. Lets assume Ashland had won the whole thing after being given a game they did not win. Would they truly feel like State Champions and would the KHSAA feel like the whole tournament was a farce? In the course of a regular season things happen but dont carry the same implications as it being an elimination game at the state tournament, much less it being the last inning.

For what its worth, I am not even from Johnson County. But I do have a sense of reality and what this call costs a group of young ladies who worked so hard to be in that position, let alone the young lady who was robbed of the glory of hitting a homerun(which she did) at the state tournament. And if the situation was reversed I would feel the same way for Ashland girls. I think PHSForever nailed it pretty much in the above post.

Some of you have downplayed this as a part of the game and I assume you are not outside looking in but on the inside looking out.

KYRock you are still an idiot.:ChairHit::HitWall:

Lastly noone has ever answered the question of how Ashland feels good about this. They have lost respect from others and I suspect from themselves. They are the ones sleeping with this every night.

:yawn:
I know JC plays Ashland in football (JC has had their way) and softball (Ashland has dominated). Do they play in boys and girls basketball?
Luther Rackley Wrote:I know JC plays Ashland in football (JC has had their way) and softball (Ashland has dominated). Do they play in boys and girls basketball?

Dominated? Cheated!
Commanche Wrote:Dominated? Cheated!

:yawn:
Rock you keep coming back! Lol you agree don't you.
Commanche Wrote:Rock you keep coming back! Lol you agree don't you.

Yes I agree JC did get robbed! It surprises me this thread is still going :yawn:. Khsaa crooks I mean officials are not gonna overturn or reverse the call. No use going on and on about it because its not gonna change a thing. :yawn: I guess it is something to do though I am bored has Football Season started yet? :yawn:
And no I am not taking sides with Ashland! I put them between the sight of you're dog taking a dump and eating it and people from Ohio. :yawn:
Good ending point.

Close this thread please.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Thread is getting pretty childish. LET IT GO!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No matter what happened or the outcoome..... it's sports.

There are more important things in life than sports.

The only thing that will matter when this life is over isn't what's on your sports resume' ... it will be if you are Saved through and by The Blood of Jesus.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed