•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Corbin (State Semifinals)11/23
Hound05 Wrote:Like highviz said. Just our CB. A lot of kids you might remember play different spots this year. That kid was one of the RBs last year. Why didn’t barlteson play Friday?

Bartleson played the whole game Friday, not sure if he carried the ball or not but played defense the whole game and caught several passes as a slot receiver.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:We can break this down until we are blue in the face, but at the end of the day these three things are going to determine the winner:

1. Who does a better job of getting their players in the open field? Both teams love working the edges and love getting the ball in open area in the secondary and letting them work their magic. Both teams know this and both teams will do everything to stop it from happening, so when the opportunity presents itself the team who takes advantage the most will have a big edge.

2. Who can force the opposing QB to come off their primary reads? The biggest takeaway I had from studying up on Boyle is Reed Lanter was a heck of a lot better than I was thinking he would be. Lanter is perhaps the most accurate QB in the State and can pick you apart if it is simply footwork and throws. Chase Estep is going to surprise Boyle fans in a similar manner. I loved Sizemore, but he was far from a true passer. I always called him the Tim Tebow of KY HS Football as a compliment but it also held true because he was a marginal passer. Estep may not be the yardage grinder Sizemore was, but he is a very, very good passer.

If both times are given space and their first read has a window to catch the ball they will hit passes all night. You have to force Lanter to be uncomfortable and you have to bait Estep into trying to do too much. If the game slows down for either they are very good and lethal.

3. So cliche, but empty possessions will be the currency that determines the winner the most and every possession is valuable to flip the field. Simply put, turnovers are lethal and 3 and Outs are almost just as bad as a turnover. Both coaching staffs are great at setting up the "big one" where they scheme and scheme to set up a calculated shot down the field, misdirection in the running game, or a trick play. If you are constantly playing Defense near midfield you are begging for that big play to come out and bite you for 6.

Even on drives that come up empty, picking up two or three First Downs is big. Additionally, a 10-15 yard penalty at any point is a killer in more ways than one. Both teams are good enough that even without free yards they are hard to stop for 4 downs (which by the way both coaches love going for it on 4th Down).

I think this will be a dandy.

If memory serves me right I believe Lanter was the MVP of the state title game last year.
Watched some tape of Boyle today. Wow. I think they're better than last year.
2face Wrote:Would either team go for 2 in ot for the win

No guts; no glory. I love Maryland now!!!!
Jack Lambert told me that Hound05's mama was ugly!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Jack Lambert told me that Hound05's mama was ugly!!!

Is she? 😜
Hound05 Wrote:Like highviz said. Just our CB. A lot of kids you might remember play different spots this year. That kid was one of the RBs last year. Why didn’t barlteson play Friday?
Sounds like you all are in much better shape than we are then. I know we have several big time players out and several playing through being banged up. Could be the difference in the outcome. I can’t pick against my Rebels but I think this is a dog fight.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Sounds like you all are in much better shape than we are then. I know we have several big time players out and several playing through being banged up. Could be the difference in the outcome. I can’t pick against my Rebels but I think this is a dog fight.

Do I detect a little sarcasm?
Wr Receiver stats top 6 players

Boyle County
Reese Smith 51 pass reception 1172 yds 20Td
Relley Colwick 52 pass reception 682 yds 6Td
Luke Sheperson 16 pass reception 310 yds 5Td
Cameron Yates 15 pass reception 162 yds 1Td
Marquis Kinley 5 pass reception 92 yds 1Td
Drew Baker 6 pass reception 79 yds 4Td

Corbin
Jacob Steely 51 pass reception 914 yds 10Td
Treyveon Longmire 19 reception 465 yd 6Td
Christian Gosselin 22 reception 421 yd 9Td
Devyn Sams 20 reception 294 yds 2Yds 2Td
Dylan Massengil 20 reception 293 yds 5Td
Jordan Fox 17 reception 266 yds 4 Td
Granny Bear Wrote:Jack Lambert told me that Hound05's mama was ugly!!!

Did he lie?
FoSho Wrote:Is she? 😜

:thatsfunn
FoSho Wrote:Is she? 😜

Yep. But she hits harder the Boyle though too haha
Jack Lambert Wrote:Bartleson played the whole game Friday, not sure if he carried the ball or not but played defense the whole game and caught several passes as a slot receiver.
Oh I must have missed it. I looked on the stat sheet and didn’t see his name rushing so I thought he didn’t play
Hound05 Wrote:Yep. But she hits harder the Boyle though too haha

lol.
hound05 Wrote:yep. But she hits harder the boyle though too haha

☹️
Jack Lambert Wrote:Do I detect a little sarcasm?

Not at all, we have several starters out right? Looks like they are healthy and have everybody other than one kid. From everybody i have talked with that has personally seen both teams play they say its a coin flip.
blackandgold4life Wrote:Not at all, we have several starters out right? Looks like they are healthy and have everybody other than one kid. From everybody i have talked with that has personally seen both teams play they say its a coin flip.

I got no idea what you're talking about. Boyle Co is healthier than they've been since the Ballard game. In fact, it got even a little bit better today.
FoSho Wrote:I got no idea what you're talking about. Boyle Co is healthier than they've been since the Ballard game. In fact, it got even a little bit better today.

Ok so i didn't realize Hotchkiss, Baker, and a D lineman that i don't know his name were back i thought they were out for the year which would not make us a 100% but i guess i have been out of the loop and they are back which makes Boyle absolutely loaded.
I mean to say “Corbin is 100%” except for the kid we have out isn’t entirely true. We’ve got some key guys who are banged up. They’ll play but they aren’t 100%. Including some real key players. But yes the only one out would be maguet
blackandgold4life Wrote:Ok so i didn't realize Hotchkiss, Baker, and a D lineman that i don't know his name were back i thought they were out for the year which would not make us a 100% but i guess i have been out of the loop and they are back which makes Boyle absolutely loaded.

Hotchkiss has been out since the first game, Baker for five games (neither will return). All others that have missed time or were "banged up" have all returned.
Was hotchkiss the good Dlineman? What’d baker play, I don’t remember him
Hound05 Wrote:Was hotchkiss the good Dlineman? What’d baker play, I don’t remember him

Hotchkiss was a WR that would have had a huge year. He's a baseball player with D1 potential that has been injury plagued. He tore his labrum vs Ballard that required surgery.

Baker is our other potential D1 baseball player and was a starting LB/TE. He reinjured his elbow vs Western Hills on a freak accident and has undergone his second Tommy John surgery in 18 months.

To my knowledge, everyone else is ready to go.
[quote=FoSho]Hotchkiss has been out since the first game, Baker for five games (neither will return). All others that have missed time or were "banged up" have all returned.

What I was thinking, don’t know of any other injuries.
Rooting for the team with the Clifford the dog mascot. 27-21 Corbin. Plus, I can't stand the title town crap either.
There happens to be 19 state championships between Boyle County and Danville that’s why we call it TITLE TOWN and I happen to like it.
Jack Lambert Wrote:There happens to be 19 state championships between Boyle County and Danville that’s why we call it TITLE TOWN and I happen to like it.

I need a title town coach to come south.
FoSho Wrote:Hotchkiss was a WR that would have had a huge year. He's a baseball player with D1 potential that has been injury plagued. He tore his labrum vs Ballard that required surgery.

Baker is our other potential D1 baseball player and was a starting LB/TE. He reinjured his elbow vs Western Hills on a freak accident and has undergone his second Tommy John surgery in 18 months.

To my knowledge, everyone else is ready to go.

Ok it’s comjng back to me now. I’ve heard of hotchkiss in baseball. The other kid I haven’t. Didn’t a DL go out for the year or am I dreaming that up?
pjdoug Wrote:I need a title town coach to come south.

Maybe you can get Clevenger from Danville.
dt812005 Wrote:Rooting for the team with the Clifford the dog mascot. 27-21 Corbin. Plus, I can't stand the title town crap either.

Haha. Thanks I guess? I know he looks ferocious when they actually use to get him out. Titletown, there’s about 15 of them. And that’s in KY alone. But boule ans Danville do have a lot between them.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Maybe you can get Clevenger from Danville.

Do you think he would leave title town?
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next