Poll: LJ or KB?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LeBron James
59.46%
Kobe Bryant
40.54%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron James or Kobe Bryant?
K_Mac Wrote:Exactly, I seen his interview, he was simply cocky! Which is where i got my line from an earlier post from. I will never cheer for him, period.

What did hesay..he said this is an individual award but i owe it all to my playersm we have one goal to accomplish and thats what we are going to do, thanks go cavs...Thats real **** isnt it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:What did hesay..he said this is an individual award but i owe it all to my playersm we have one goal to accomplish and thats what we are going to do, thanks go cavs...Thats real **** isnt it

He talked about himself, said he wants everyone to look at him as the best player on the court, all i saw, he said nothing about wanting people to think his team is the best. I saw enough to change the channel
K_Mac Wrote:He talked about himself, said he wants everyone to look at him as the best player on the court, all i saw, he said nothing about wanting people to think his team is the best. I saw enough to change the channel

you need to watch it again my friend...He talked about his teama nd how they had this goal to win a ring and thats what they were going to do...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:you need to watch it again my friend...He talked about his teama nd how they had this goal to win a ring and thats what they were going to do...

I hate that for them. Because they certainly won't be doing that this year.
K_Mac Wrote:I hate that for them. Because they certainly won't be doing that this year.

Lol, Lebron only invited his team mates up to look good to the public.
LeBron James is a all around better player then Kobe yes kobe can shoot the ball and drive and be the clutch player but he could go down low or anything LeBron is just a better player...So Hands Down LeBron
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, Lebron only invited his team mates up to look good to the public.

Same for kobe?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Same for kobe?

Not the same for Kobe. He doesn't brag on himself 90% of the time and only toss in team 10% like Lebron does. From the word go, Kobe doesnt want credit, and he talks about his team and winning a championship with 12 individuals playing as one!
K_Mac Wrote:Not the same for Kobe. He doesn't brag on himself 90% of the time and only toss in team 10% like Lebron does. From the word go, Kobe doesnt want credit, and he talks about his team and winning a championship with 12 individuals playing as one!

LBJ is the best player to play the game so I think he has the right to brag on himself... He's the KING, he can say anything he wants for that matter!!! :biggrin:
What about when kobe says, "I could go out and score 50 every night, but we play better when i dont." That doesnt show a bit of cockiness?
LClion4life Wrote:What about when kobe says, "I could go out and score 50 every night, but we play better when i dont." That doesnt show a bit of cockiness?

not one bit...Or atleast ot KMAC, and wildcat...They somehow thing kobe is better than LBJ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
It's hard to see how anybody could compare Kobe's regular season or playoff stats and argue with a straight face that Kobe is the better player. It's not even close and Durrant will probably move up to become the second best player in the league within a year or two.
When Kobe was Lebrons age and played as many years as Lebron has Kobe was not near as good...so that tells me that Lebron should be better at all stages of age and years played wise from now on...Lebron is defiently a more complete player for he has better floor games everynight consistently better then Kobe...and I got to agree with Gibson from above...when Kevin Durant learns a little more and starts to play a good floor game with rebounding and playing better defense he will move ahead of Kobe for Kobe is on his down fall...I watch that special they had on espn the other day and it was showing hoe sore Kobe was after every game...his body has about 2-3 good years left...GOOD YEARS...he can still play for a little while longer. Lebron is the better player now and always will be!!!
Im so tired of this argument. When the Lakers win again this year I want some respect for Kobe to come from every one of you haters.
If Lebron continues to out shoot, out rebound, and out assist Kobe but the Lakers still manage to win the title - it would only prove that the Lakers were a better team at the end of the day.

Wilt Chamberlain was the most dominant center to ever play the game but he only managed to win two NBA titles well after he peaked as a player. Will Perdue won four NBA titles but nobody would mistake him for a HOF center.
If Lebron "out plays" Kobe in ur eyes but the Lakers win the championship. I dont care. Kobe will be wearing the ring. As long as Lebron doesnt win, im happy.
K_Mac Wrote:If Lebron "out plays" Kobe in ur eyes but the Lakers win the championship. I dont care. Kobe will be wearing the ring. As long as Lebron doesnt win, im happy.
If the Lakers win the title, Kobe will not be the only player wearing a ring but none of them will be better individual players than Lebron. If Kobe were a better player, then after 82 regular games and the playoffs, he would have stats to prove it. He won't.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the Lakers win the title, Kobe will not be the only player wearing a ring but none of them will be better individual players than Lebron. If Kobe were a better player, then after 82 regular games and the playoffs, he would have stats to prove it. He won't.

The way I look at it. Kobe has a better team, so he don't have to do as much for his team to win, thus LeBron has better stats. Yes, I know the Cavs had a better record but the Lakers played uninspired at times, and also had to deal with a ton of injuries to deal with. With those two factors, the Lakers still had the best record in the West Conference. The Cavs also had the best record in the league last year and they didn't even make it out of the East.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the Lakers win the title, Kobe will not be the only player wearing a ring but none of them will be better individual players than Lebron. If Kobe were a better player, then after 82 regular games and the playoffs, he would have stats to prove it. He won't.

So since Wade had the better stats last year he was the best player in the league?
Aslan Wrote:The way I look at it. Kobe has a better team, so he don't have to do as much for his team to win, thus LeBron has better stats. Yes, I know the Cavs had a better record but the Lakers played uninspired at times, and also had to deal with a ton of injuries to deal with. With those two factors, the Lakers still had the best record in the West Conference. The Cavs also had the best record in the league last year and they didn't even make it out of the East.

Exactly. He doesnt have to put up stats like Lebron, although I guarantee u on any given night he can.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So since Wade had the better stats last year he was the best player in the league?

And since Kobe did the year before that he was then, last year was Wade and this year Durant! We have this figured out.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So since Wade had the better stats last year he was the best player in the league?
Wade won the scoring title but his overall stats were almost identical to Lebron's. If Kobe's stats were as close to James' stats as Wades were last season, then you would have a leg to stand on.

Also, you keep saying that if he wanted to, Kobe could match Lebron's stats. That makes no sense. Generally, as a player forces more shots, his shooting percentages drop and his defense suffers.

Lebron already has a much better shooting percentage than Kobe and I would agree that Kobe could win the scoring title if he wanted to win it, his shooting accuracy would drop. James also averages more assists than Kobe does. If Kobe shot more, then James' lead in that department would increase as well.

Kobe is certainly capable of getting hot and dominating a playoff series but Lebron has easily been the better player to this point in this season.
The way its looking Rondo could get his second ring before James gets his first
K_Mac Wrote:And since Kobe did the year before that he was then, last year was Wade and this year Durant! We have this figured out.
II think that I have it figured out too. The debate has shifted from who has been the best player this season, which clearly has been Lebron, to which player was better last season and the season before. It sounds like a couple of posters have suddenly realized that the stats do not support their case in the here and now. Nice fallback position - Kobe used to be a better player than Lebron. :biggrin:

I will agree with you on that point.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Wade won the scoring title but his overall stats were almost identical to Lebron's. If Kobe's stats were as close to James' stats as Wades were last season, then you would have a leg to stand on.

Also, you keep saying that if he wanted to, Kobe could match Lebron's stats. That makes no sense. Generally, as a player forces more shots, his shooting percentages drop and his defense suffers.

Lebron already has a much better shooting percentage than Kobe and I would agree that Kobe could win the scoring title if he wanted to win it, his shooting accuracy would drop. James also averages more assists than Kobe does. If Kobe shot more, then James' lead in that department would increase as well.

Kobe is certainly capable of getting hot and dominating a playoff series but Lebron has easily been the better player to this point in this season.

Ok im guessing that the rest of your post was for K Mac. I wasnt referring to wade winning the scoring title. He averaged more assist, steals, blocks if im not mistaken.

Lebron james is the most dominate player in the league today. He is the complete package. But come playoff time im taking kobe bryant over any player in the league.

Hoot Gibson Wrote:II think that I have it figured out too. The debate has shifted from who has been the best player this season, which clearly has been Lebron, to which player was better last season and the season before. It sounds like a couple of posters have suddenly realized that the stats do not support their case in the here and now. Nice fallback position - Kobe used to be a better player than Lebron. :biggrin:

I will agree with you on that point.

Now we posters are still upset that the better player (Wade) with better stats was denied MVP, and now that lebron has better stats his fans are saying thats why he won MVP. When clearly its a Popularity contest. Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Ok im guessing that the rest of your post was for K Mac. I wasnt referring to wade winning the scoring title. He averaged more assist, steals, blocks if im not mistaken.

Lebron james is the most dominate player in the league today. He is the complete package. But come playoff time im taking kobe bryant over any player in the league.
When it comes playoff time, I will take the best all around player. That player is Lebron and he will get better. Kobe has peaked and the gap between Lebron and him will get bigger as time goes on.

Wildcatk23 Wrote:Now we posters are still upset that the better player (Wade) with better stats was denied MVP, and now that lebron has better stats his fans are saying thats why he won MVP. When clearly its a Popularity contest. Smile
Lebron had a better FG% and more rebounds. The stats were pretty much a wash between the two of them. I think a case could be made for either one last season. The winner is more clear cut this season. Kobe is not close enough to belong in the conversation. Whether Kobe wins a title or not will not change the fact that Lebron has outplayed him this season in almost every area.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:When it comes playoff time, I will take the best all around player. That player is Lebron and he will get better. Kobe has peaked and the gap between Lebron and him will get bigger as time goes on.

The best all around player in the season isnt always the best all around player come crunch time.

Lebron had a better FG% and more rebounds. The stats were pretty much a wash between the two of them. I think a case could be made for either one last season. The winner is more clear cut this season. Kobe is not close enough to belong in the conversation. Whether Kobe wins a title or not will not change the fact that Lebron has outplayed him this season in almost every area.

I didnt say Kobe was, I am not a kobe lover, nor lebron. Yet i think the NBA is using lebron to make money. Therefor wanting him to win championships and MVP's. The Tv stations and broadcasters. Every one would benefit from a Kobe Vs Lebron Showdown. And its wrong how the calls go against the teams they play.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I didnt say Kobe was, I am not a kobe lover, nor lebron. Yet i think the NBA is using lebron to make money. Therefor wanting him to win championships and MVP's. The Tv stations and broadcasters. Every one would benefit from a Kobe Vs Lebron Showdown. And its wrong how the calls go against the teams they play.
I'm not a fan of either one. I am not really an NBA fan, although I enjoy watching unselfish team play such as Steve Nash, Chris Paul, and a handful of other NBA players still play. I do know that the stats will usually settle debates over which player had the best season after 82 regular season games. The NBA has always protected veteran star players, which I have always felt is bad for the game, but Lebron has not received any more special treatment than Kobe has.
Kobe Bryant
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I'm not a fan of either one. I am not really an NBA fan, although I enjoy watching unselfish team play such as Steve Nash, Chris Paul, and a handful of other NBA players still play. I do know that the stats will usually settle debates over which player had the best season after 82 regular season games. The NBA has always protected veteran star players, which I have always felt is bad for the game, but Lebron has not received any more special treatment than Kobe has.

How could you know this not being a NBA fan? I watch every game possible throughout the season. And Lebron James and Kevin Durant clearly get every call possible.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next