Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Football next season
What should fans expect? Any good recruits coming in? Predictions? Who do they lose to graduation? The draft? Who will be a breakout player/players? etc...
I expect a better season for next year!
Pink_Panther Wrote:I expect a better season for next year!

Glad you do!!! Our defense stinks, Rick Minter or not but I'll give him next season since it was short notice. No Mr. Everything in Randall Cobb. Our top recruits are backing out of their commits? Why? Joker starts losing top commits and it means trouble because he's already dropped a few scholarships from some of the others.

:igiveup:

You are one of very few!
The Blue Blur Wrote:Glad you do!!! Our defense stinks, Rick Minter or not but I'll give him next season since it was short notice. No Mr. Everything in Randall Cobb. Our top recruits are backing out of their commits? Why? Joker starts losing top commits and it means trouble because he's already dropped a few scholarships from some of the others.

2011 all 3 star recruits or higher.
2010 8 2 star recruits
2009 8 2 star recruits
1 no star recruit
2008 11 2 star recruits
2007 18 2 star recruits
2006 17 2 star recruits

See the trend.
I expect 6-6 our offense will be not be very good refer back to 2008 season.

No Hartline, Locke, Cobb, or Matthews means a long season.

Our defense will be improved.
Even going by UK football standards, my expectations are low. Losing a lot of good players off this years team and I don't see anybody ready to fill there shoes. 6-6 is the best possible record I see us having and imo that's very doubtful.
I see it as a rebuilding year...
we lose too much IMO.
^Then again...
I seem to think that every year we aren't going to do as good the next season...
but as long as we keep up the whole cupcake thing we'll stay right on par with where we are every year Wink
Just as Pink Panther said, I expect a better season as well.
Look at the SEC:
Auburn without Cam Newton or Fairley, etc...
Alabama without the Heisman winner etc...
Florida without Urban Meyer and etc....
Arkansas without Mallett, etc...
Tennessee will be better
South Carolina loses the starting QB and the main reciever, right?
Miss. State loses the QB, etc...

The list goes on and on. If Cobb comes back, UK might be able to get back to a bowl game. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this season's record could be the same as next season, but I will not have the expectations for next seasons unit, as I did for this one.

With that said, If UK has the same record next season, as it did this season, I will consider it an accomplishment.
LWC Wrote:Just as Pink Panther said, I expect a better season as well.
Look at the SEC:
Tennessee will be better

The list goes on and on. If Cobb comes back, UK might be able to get back to a bowl game. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this season's record could be the same as next season, but I will not have the expectations for next seasons unit, as I did for this one.

With that said, If UK has the same record next season, as it did this season, I will consider it an accomplishment.

Actually, I seen where Gracia got restated for a 5th year of eligibility and will returning and I think Jefferys the WR you speak of is also coming back for his JR year. SC will also return Lattimore which was a beast for a freshman. South Carolina will be tough.

UK Loses-

Ricky Lumpkin (DL)
Brad Durham (OL)
Mike Hartline (QB)
Derek Locke (RB)
Moncell Allen (FB)
Chris Matthews-(WR)
DeQuinn Evans (DE)
Shane McCord (DL)
*Maybe Randall Cobb

All those were starters. It'll be tough to replace these but positive thing is we return 4/5 on the O line and 9 on the defensive side of the ball so the experience will be there at some positions.
Central's outstanding linebacker Tim Patterson a couple of years ago, will be eligible for next season and is enrolled and taking class this spring semester.
Hopefully Minter can teach the defensive players how to tackle during the off-season. If we can improve on that we may stop some teams on 3rd down. I also hope Joker & Sanders take off their skirts and get more aggressive with the play calling and stop with all of these 3 yard drag routes and screens.

Next year is a time for a player to emerge as the new leader. We've lost Hartline, Cobb, and Locke. So I expect players like Newton or Mossakowski, LaRod King, Raymond Sanders, or a Gene McCaskill to really step up and be the play maker. On defense if we can keep Trevathan from entering the draft, then he'll return as the leader. If he doesn't return we can look at Winston Guy or Ronnie Sneed to become the leaders.

As of right now our schedule next season looks like this:

WKU
Central Michigan
Louisville
Florida
@ LSU
@ South Carolina
Open
Jacksonville State
Miss. State
Ole Miss
@ Vanderbilt
@ Georgia
Tennessee

I see 3 for sure wins over WKU, CMU, Jacksonville St. Possible wins over Louisville, South Carolina, Miss. St, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt.

Could be a long season for the Cats.
Look at the SEC:
Tennessee will be better

Those teams might lose a lot but they recruit better than Kentucky and most of them will just reload. Gotta keep in mind UK is losing a lot, Cobb is almost for sure gone. I just can't see this team becoming bowl eligible next year.
WKU - W
Central Michigan - W
Louisville - W 50/50 game, it's at home I'll take UK.
Florida -L
@ LSU - L
@ South Carolina - L winnable
Open
Jacksonville State - W
Miss. State - L
Ole Miss - L winnable
@ Vanderbilt W 50/50
@ Georgia - L
Tennessee - L

IMO they'll go 5-7.
Worst scenario 3-9
Best scenario 7-5
Aslan Wrote:Those teams might lose a lot but they recruit better than Kentucky and most of them will just reload. Gotta keep in mind UK is losing a lot, Cobb is almost for sure gone. I just can't see this team becoming bowl eligible next year.

You gotta believe Mr Lion. The Cats will extend that bowl streak in 2011!
After seeing that Randall Cobb will be leaving, it is hard to be optimistic about the offense.

UK fans need to cross their fingers and hope that our defensive gem returns.
If Trevathan doesn't return, then it will take approximately 2-3 plays for a SEC offense to score on us. (kidding)

Our front seven honestly cannot get any worse. I do like our secondary though, as they're a tough group, just eats me up seeing Bailey & Guy miss tackles.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
^He acts as if someone takes him seriously
Look at the SEC:
Tennessee will be better

And UK is without Hartline and Cobb
That's as devastating to UK is as any of these losses are to there respective teams
ESPN has UK's 2011 recruiting class just outside the top 25. If they can land Lamar Dawson they could make a push to be a top 25 recruiting class.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-footb...ssrankings
And just for the troll....WVU outside of the top 50 for 2011 recruiting according to Rivals

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...11/all/all
Jerrell Moore could be a huge pickup for the Cats as well. He was committed to the Cards but the Fern Creek prospect is now considering Illinois and Kentucky.

It takes a Great Coach and A Great Recruiter to win in college football! ANd we dont have neither.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:And just for the troll....WVU outside of the top 50 for 2011 recruiting according to Rivals

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...11/all/all

But Hal Mumme has great things to say about WVU HCIW Dana Holgerson.
The kentucky football fan is the worst fan in all of sports. We seem to forget that up until about 5 years ago we were the laughing stock of College football. We seem to forget that this is not basketball you can't recruit six good players and be set in football. You have to build a football program from the ground up. What I see next year is a oppurtunity for kentucky they are expected to be awful, I fully expect Us to do as good if not better than this year for a few reasons.

1- Joker is getting the recruits next year, and If dawson commits we will have a solid defense for years to come.

2- The offense looses playmakers sure, But the offensive line that did very well imo in sec play stays for the most part intact.

3- We now have a good defensive coordinator. Maybe some fundamental and attacking defense will be taught.

4- We have the best QB coach in the friggen country, along with a pretty good cast of characters working with the other positions.

5- Hopefully we will fix the friggen Special teams.

However I am also the most optimistic UK Football Fan out there, As I have a older brother that played there in the late 90's and He is extremely proud of where joker is taking the program, and the job Brooks did. Remember we don't run some bullcrap gimmick offense like when he played we line it up toe to toe with the best in the country every saturday and don't back down from any of them.

Till the battle is won. Go get em next year cat's
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:The kentucky football fan is the worst fan in all of sports. We seem to forget that up until about 5 years ago we were the laughing stock of College football. We seem to forget that this is not basketball you can't recruit six good players and be set in football. You have to build a football program from the ground up. What I see next year is a oppurtunity for kentucky they are expected to be awful, I fully expect Us to do as good if not better than this year for a few reasons.

1- Joker is getting the recruits next year, and If dawson commits we will have a solid defense for years to come.

2- The offense looses playmakers sure, But the offensive line that did very well imo in sec play stays for the most part intact.

3- We now have a good defensive coordinator. Maybe some fundamental and attacking defense will be taught.

4- We have the best QB coach in the friggen country, along with a pretty good cast of characters working with the other positions.

5- Hopefully we will fix the friggen Special teams.

However I am also the most optimistic UK Football Fan out there, As I have a older brother that played there in the late 90's and He is extremely proud of where joker is taking the program, and the job Brooks did. Remember we don't run some bullcrap gimmick offense like when he played we line it up toe to toe with the best in the country every saturday and don't back down from any of them.

Till the battle is won. Go get em next year cat's

Yes, you are.