3. Perry Central
4. Knott Co. Central
5. Buckhorn
6. East Ridge
7. Betsy Layne
8. Pikeville
9. Corbin
10. Whitley Co.
I just don't see how Bell could have dropped out after slaughtering North Laurel and losing to Harlan without the best player in the region in the lineup.
Me neither??? But hey don't matter a whole lot in the middle of Jan.
^True
Rankings don't mean a lot anytime to be honest.
but I never appreciate being disrespected lol
Still no love for Pulaski County? 13-3 on the season, only losses to Ballard, Moore and @ Wayne. They are dismantling most of the teams in the 12th(lost @ Wayne). Guess they will have to run the table to get the 10 spot.
Just can't see ER being in there. Just my Opinion though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Just can't see ER being in there. Just my Opinion though.

They're 11-2
They get the 10 spot on the examiner list simply because of their record
They just haven't beaten anyone and I have a hard time recognizing them as anything other than a team with a great record
When they play a few games against contenders we will know more about em
Forever Maroon Wrote:Still no love for Pulaski County? 13-3 on the season, only losses to Ballard, Moore and @ Wayne. They are dismantling most of the teams in the 12th(lost @ Wayne). Guess they will have to run the table to get the 10 spot.

Does WYMT recognize anyone that isn't in the 13th, 14th, and 15th as a part of Mountain Basketball?
^ Agreed

But, the way I look at that. What if Phelps went out next season and just scheduled teams like Riverside, Piarist and teams like that for the entire season. Would that record warrant a rating? Not knocking ER, decent team...just don't feel they are proven and warrant a ranking just yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
zaga_fan Wrote:Does WYMT recognize anyone that isn't in the 13th, 14th, and 15th as a part of Mountain Basketball?
They have Southwestern girls in the Mt top 10, so I was assuming they are still recognizing Pulaski, Somerset, Southwestern, just as in years past.
They supposively cover anything east of I75 and south of like Ashland.
But, with that being said, they have always covered teams from pulaski county, including somerset, pulaski, and southwestern.
I think its a good thing as well. I mean they do always have their good sports teams in pulaski, and lets not forget it was just a few years ago that South and North Laurel were in the 12th region.
So, other than those three, i dont think anyone else out of the 12th or west of I75 is covered.
My top 10.

1.Clay
2.Perry Central
3.Hazard
4.Whitley County
5.Corbin
6.Bell Co.
7.South Laurel
8.Pikeville
9.Knott Co. Central
10.Pulaski Co.
My Top 10

1. Clay Co.
2. Perry Central
3. Hazard
4. Bell Co.
5. Buckhorn
6. East Ridge
7. Betsy Layne
8. Corbin
9. Pikeville
10. Knott Co. Central
OffTheHook Wrote:^ Agreed

But, the way I look at that. What if Phelps went out next season and just scheduled teams like Riverside, Piarist and teams like that for the entire season. Would that record warrant a rating? Not knocking ER, decent team...just don't feel they are proven and warrant a ranking just yet.

You are knocking ER, like you always have. They've played alot of crappy teams, but have also beaten Belfry and SF handily, and those are both really decent teams. ER didn't schedule teams crap teams like that the entire season, what are you talking about? They have just as tough a schedule as anyone else around, it's just not started at the first of the season. It starts tonight with district play against Valley.

They definitely warrant being in the top 10, they're playing very solid ball and haven't choked against horrible teams, not even once, like most other teams that have been in the top 5 of the rankings, i.e. JC. But, I do agree with them not being as good at #6. I think they should be between 10-8.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My top 10.

1.Clay
2.Perry Central
3.Hazard
4.Whitley County
5.Corbin
6.Bell Co.
7.South Laurel
8.Pikeville
9.Knott Co. Central
10.Pulaski Co.

I like the list..
I will say that Perry is better than Hazard.. In all honesty I think Perry Central is #1, but after blowing that lead to Clay in the Classic Clay deserves the #1 spot.
I'd love to see them play this season (Hazard vs Perry) that's for sure.
My Top 10

1.Perry Central
2.Clay
3.Hazard
4.Bell Co
5.Knott Central
6.Buckhorn
7.Betsy Layne
8.Whitley
9.East Ridge
10.Corbin
vundy33 Wrote:You are knocking ER, like you always have. They've played alot of crappy teams, but have also beaten Belfry and SF handily, and those are both really decent teams. ER didn't schedule teams crap teams like that the entire season, what are you talking about? They have just as tough a schedule as anyone else around, it's just not started at the first of the season. It starts tonight with district play against Valley.

They definitely warrant being in the top 10, they're playing very solid ball and haven't choked against horrible teams, not even once, like most other teams that have been in the top 5 of the rankings, i.e. JC. But, I do agree with them not being as good at #6. I think they should be between 10-8.

Like I always have? Don't even try it. I have NEVER said anything about ER. All I did was give an opinion, which a few people agree with. ER hasn't proven anything yet. They just beat a SV team by what..8 tonight. That same SV team that Paintsville just beat by 20.

WHY on earth would I EVER "knock" on ER? When they beat a Top 5 team in the own Region, then I'll agree a Top 10 is warranted. That's just an opinion. NOT a "Knock".

OH, and what "horrible" team did JC choke against? BL ? Pikeville ? Paintsville ? To me that is 3 pretty decent teams. At least ALL of them have at least 7 wins and they were ALL on the road.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
With the win against Clay, that should make PCC #1 in the mountains. I predicted this in the Clay vs. Perry rematch a few days ago. Perry is the BEST team in the mountains. You have to take into consideration tonight against Clay was the FIRST true home game of the season, and they are about 4 or 5 games lacking vs. the amount of games most other teams have under their belt. Not to mention, Perry has had several injuries along with the fact that everyone seems to think they have such a "young", inexperienced team this year. I guess the statement someone made weeks ago about their "guard play" being down...was a much underestimated statement...watch the highlights tonight...the proof is in the pudding. Just my opinion, but that statement should be irrelevant effective immediately. Perry's whole team is finally healthy on the floor, and things are finally coming together.
Refer to my last post for the two teams ER beat. Belfry is a **** good team, Pikeville barely beat them tonight.

You don't knock on ER? What are you doing now?

I agree that Paintsville isn't horrible, but they are bad. You and I both know that ER would've beat SV by double digits easily if their best player hadn't been out.

All I'm saying is that they can't help what their schedule is. You're giving them credit for beating crappy teams, but not for their skill, and they have alot of it, as much as any other team in the region. I've watched all of the top teams and this is just a fact. You can say what you want about them, but they deserve their ranking and you'll see once they get into the thick of their schedule, which starts, for real, on the 22.
Clay going to lose that #1 spot next time the rankings come out. Will be interesting to see if Perry will jump Hazard at #1. IMO they should, but I'm a PCC homer Big Grin
Perry & Hazard are consistently the best teams in the mountains.
ROLL TRIBE!!!!!!!!! nuff said
My top 10 after tonight:

1) Perry
2) Clay
3) Hazard
4) Pikeville
5) Betsy Layne
6) Knott
7) Bell
8) Buckhorn
9) East Ridge
10) Corbin
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:My top 10 after tonight:

1) Perry
2) Clay
3) Hazard
4) Pikeville
5) Betsy Layne
6) Knott
7) Bell
8) Buckhorn
9) East Ridge
10) Corbin

Ok, Betsy Layne just beat Pikeville to win the 15th region All "A". but yet, you have Pikeville above them. Knott Central beat Betsy Layne twice, once @ BL and once on a nuetural court. Could you explain a little why you have them in that order?
MVP2 Wrote:Ok, Betsy Layne just beat Pikeville to win the 15th region All "A". but yet, you have Pikeville above them. Knott Central beat Betsy Layne twice, once @ BL and once on a nuetural court. Could you explain a little why you have them in that order?

You can play the roundabout game all night. I assume you are saying that Knott should be ahead of Betsy Layne due to the head-to-head wins, and then BL should be ahead of Pikeville since they won their matchup. But by that logic, how could Knott be over Pikeville, since the Panthers beat them head-to-head as well?

Based on head-to-head matchups, all three teams could be ranked either ahead or behind each other. Everyone will have their own opinion on how to rank them, this is mine.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:My Top 10

1.Perry Central
2.Clay
3.Hazard
4.Bell Co
5.Knott Central
6.Buckhorn
7.Betsy Layne
8.Whitley
9.East Ridge
10.Corbin

Now, I will ask why you don't have Pikeville ranked at all, while at the same time you have Knott up at #5 (a team Pikeville already beat by 10 points)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vundy33 Wrote:Refer to my last post for the two teams ER beat. Belfry is a **** good team, Pikeville barely beat them tonight.

You don't knock on ER? What are you doing now?

I agree that Paintsville isn't horrible, but they are bad. You and I both know that ER would've beat SV by double digits easily if their best player hadn't been out.

All I'm saying is that they can't help what their schedule is. You're giving them credit for beating crappy teams, but not for their skill, and they have alot of it, as much as any other team in the region. I've watched all of the top teams and this is just a fact. You can say what you want about them, but they deserve their ranking and you'll see once they get into the thick of their schedule, which starts, for real, on the 22.

What ever Vundy. Sorry I gave an opinion about one of your precious Pike County Teams. ""If" a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ***". Seems to me the other kid stepped in and done pretty well.
You are blowing this out of proportion. I'm NOY saqying that they aren't a good team. Just that IMO a Top 10 isn't warranted just yet.
But, as you say...come the 22nd, we will find out. If they pick up a win in one of those first two, then I'll agree. Fair enough? :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
After last night, my new top 10.

1.Perry Central
2.Clay Co.
3.Hazard
4.Bell Co.
5.Knott Co.
6.Corbin
7.Whitley co.
8.Betsy Layne
9.South Laurel
10.Pulaski Co.
Perry is your new #1, there you have it.
More Cowbell Wrote:Now, I will ask why you don't have Pikeville ranked at all, while at the same time you have Knott up at #5 (a team Pikeville already beat by 10 points)?

Knott Central Best Wins- Bullitt East (Best team in the 6th region), Betsy Layne twice (best team in the 15th IMO), and a win @ Hazard.

Pikeville Best Wins- Knott Central, Johnson Central, and Sheldon Clark.
zaga_fan Wrote:BOYS

1. Clay Co.
2. Hazard
3. Perry Central
4. Knott Co. Central
5. Buckhorn
6. East Ridge
7. Betsy Layne
8. Pikeville
9. Corbin
10. Whitley Co.

i know this aint the right time to talk about Knott and BEll, but is it really true that the reasons why Knott Cancelled on Bell twice this year was bc they were afraid of the physical play of bell..