Belfry vs. Franklin County

Then whatever match ups of the others.
who does ER play?
East Ridge Vs. Valley
Pikeville vs Harrison County
Belfry vs. Franklin County
East Ridge vs Phelps
Pike Co Central vs Shelby Valley

Outside the Belfry/Pikeville games, ER/PHS/PCC/SV will always alternate in a sense where East Ridge and Pike Central don't play. It's not a hard concept to wrap your mind around.
why cant ER play PCC in the pcb ??
It's a district game?
We have shelby valley for the next 2 years in the pcb
why do they hafe to play valley for the next two years
Why cant Pikeville drop down and play Valley or ER for a year. Their history is much more grand than their future, while Pike Central looks to be becoming the little brother to Belfry.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Why cant Pikeville drop down and play Valley or ER for a year. Their history is much more grand than their future, while Pike Central looks to be becoming the little brother to Belfry.

Since we're making wild guesses on the future, my guess is Pike Central never wins anything in football. I know, not really going out on a limb here lol...
jetpilot Wrote:Since we're making wild guesses on the future, my guess is Pike Central never wins anything in football. I know, not really going out on a limb here lol...
unfortunatley you are probley right considering they dont have Phelps, Paintsville, South Floyd, Betsy Layne, Harlan, Allen Central and Jenkins etc. in their district/region. Instead they have Lawrence, Belfry, Mason, Sheldon Clark and Russell. Would love to see Pikeville play up they may be able to pick up one win over the Ridge.
^^^A Pike Central fan lecturing a Pikeville fan about football cracks me up every time.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Why cant Pikeville drop down and play Valley or ER for a year. Their history is much more grand than their future, while Pike Central looks to be becoming the little brother to Belfry.

well Valley is supposed to on the our schedule this season,so it looks like we may be playing them anyway, but not in the P.C. bowl. I guess we could have ask to schedule Phelps(not to belittle them) in the P.C. bowl like you people did last season , but we ask to continue to play up as always like our history and tradition indicate. Future looks very bight in all sports, btw.:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:^^^A Pike Central fan lecturing a Pikeville fan about football cracks me up every time.

Pikeville at best would be in the same boat as Pike Central in their respectful district/region. Might as well admit that. I agree Pikeville has a great tradition when looking at what they did 20/30 years ago but now they no longer compete well with the P-Burgs/Belfrys or Sheldon Clarks is all im saying. Why not give a rising program such as Pike Central's a chance to compete against the upstate programs?
Big Five-0- Wrote:well Valley is supposed to on the our schedule this season,so it looks like we may be playing them anyway, but not in the P.C. bowl. I guess we could have ask to schedule Phelps(not to belittle them) in the P.C. bowl like you people did last season , but we ask to continue to play up as always like our history and tradition indicate. Future looks very bight in all sports, btw.:Thumbs:
I understand that and that is fine I just wish the commitee would allow for once Pike Central (now that they have something better than a bottom feeder program), to play someone other than Phelps, ER or Valley. BTW baseball will continue to be the over dominant sport at Pikeville, Basketball will take several steps back for Bart after this season unfortunantley because I like to see him doing well. Football will improve under MAC but its only time untill he is forced out again. Because I just do not see them gaining the talent to become a power on the overall perspective. But that is JMO
Belfry v Franklin County 8:30 pm

should be a good game. Belfry went 10-5 Last Year while Franklin County went 7-4
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pikeville at best would be in the same boat as Pike Central in their respectful district/region. Might as well admit that. I agree Pikeville has a great tradition when looking at what they did 20/30 years ago but now they no longer compete well with the P-Burgs/Belfrys or Sheldon Clarks is all im saying. Why not give a rising program such as Pike Central's a chance to compete against the upstate programs?

Pike Central should get to play a decent upstate opponent. I don't know how the committee makes it happen, but something that will never happen is Pikeville playing a Pike Co. school in the bowl. Maybe adding a game or two to the bowl is the way to go.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Pikeville at best would be in the same boat as Pike Central in their respectful district/region. Might as well admit that. I agree Pikeville has a great tradition when looking at what they did 20/30 years ago but now they no longer compete well with the P-Burgs/Belfrys or Sheldon Clarks is all im saying. Why not give a rising program such as Pike Central's a chance to compete against the upstate programs?
As bad as Pikeville has been the past 3-4 years, in relative terms, they played Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg very tough this past year.

Pikeville also has a regional championship in 2004. And more in the 90s. Not the 20-30 years you are making it out to be.

Like it or not, without Pikeville and Belfry there would be no PCB. The bowl honors the programs that have been tradition rich in Pike County. In terms of their respective classes, Pikeville and Pike Central both have a regional runner-up in the past 2 years. It is going to take more than a regional runner-up (Which got Copley FIRED, Chapman is a hero for it.) and a first round loss to get Pike Central into the marquee game in the PCB. I'm talking 10-15 years of consistent success.
jetpilot Wrote:Pike Central should get to play a decent upstate opponent. I don't know how the committee makes it happen, but something that will never happen is Pikeville playing a Pike Co. school in the bowl. Maybe adding a game or two to the bowl is the way to go.
Friday @ Belfry

6:00 Pike Central vs. ?????
8:45 Belfry vs. ?????

Saturday @ Pikeville

6:00 SV vs. ER/Phelps
8:45 Pikeville vs. ?????
The reason east ridge is playing valley for the next 2 years is because ER coach went to a meeting over the pikecounty bowl last year and valleys coach said they wanna to play ER for the next 3 years so were gonna bring it again just like last year!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Friday @ Belfry

6:00 Pike Central vs. ?????
8:45 Belfry vs. ?????

Saturday @ Pikeville

6:00 SV vs. ER/Phelps
8:45 Pikeville vs. ?????

Panther Thunder Belfry plays Franklin County
Panther Thunder Wrote:As bad as Pikeville has been the past 3-4 years, in relative terms, they played Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg very tough this past year.

Pikeville also has a regional championship in 2004. And more in the 90s. Not the 20-30 years you are making it out to be.

Like it or not, without Pikeville and Belfry there would be no PCB. The bowl honors the programs that have been tradition rich in Pike County. In terms of their respective classes, Pikeville and Pike Central both have a regional runner-up in the past 2 years. It is going to take more than a regional runner-up (Which got Copley FIRED, Chapman is a hero for it.) and a first round loss to get Pike Central into the marquee game in the PCB. I'm talking 10-15 years of consistent success.

Was that the Harlan OT game?

Thats fair and I could agree with that however, as jetpilot stated there should be ways for the commitee to open it up for Pike Central as well.

I also would not no affense call a 22 point loss playing someone tough. Now that was early on in the season and would agree Pikeville improved alot down the stretch. In addition Pike Central beat both Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg last year. However, I will state this as well both P-Burg and SC played bad games and got Central's best. Vise Versa for Pikeville both played as good as the could against Pikeville.

As stated im not against Pikeville at all I just think it would be nice for Pikeville, Belfry and Pike Central the 3 best schools in the county to all get the chance. Otherwise, we get this nonsense of a weak schedule.

Just wondering what does Pikeville have returning, they lost alot correct? What is the feeder program looking like?
Strikeout King Wrote:Panther Thunder Belfry plays Franklin County
That was just what a mock schedule could look like if PC played a non County team.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:unfortunatley you are probley right considering they dont have Phelps, Paintsville, South Floyd, Betsy Layne, Harlan, Allen Central and Jenkins etc. in their district/region. Instead they have Lawrence, Belfry, Mason, Sheldon Clark and Russell. Would love to see Pikeville play up they may be able to pick up one win over the Ridge.

Mason and Russell won't be in their region next year. Their district is district 6 so no district 8 team will be able to meet either of them until the final 4.
LClion4life Wrote:Mason and Russell won't be in their region next year. Their district is district 6 so no district 8 team will be able to meet either of them until the final 4.

I was refering to past and present.
...I swear......

Friday @ Belfry HS
East Ridge vs Phelps
Belfry vs Franklin Co.

Saturday @ Pikeville HS
Pike Co Central vs Shelby Valley
Pikeville vs Harrison County

Also, Pikeville > Pike Co Central.

(That is not a 'We're Back' joke, just FYI)
Pike Central gets no credit around here. Yes they have just up and started their success, but they will be no flash in the pan. They will continue to have great success in the future. Pikeville lives in the past and thrives on history kind of like loitering. They have no rush for progression it's all about we won 3 state titles in the 80's and such and such. I'm not dissing Pikeville at all I'm just stating the obvious. The reason Chapman is a hero for winning a Regional Runner-Up is because he took a team from a 4 win season to a 7 win team. He lead them to their first home playoff game and their first playoff win in school history. There is a huge difference in Pikeville and Pike Central.
HawksRule Wrote:Pike Central gets no credit around here. Yes they have just up and started their success, but they will be no flash in the pan. They will continue to have great success in the future. Pikeville lives in the past and thrives on history kind of like loitering. They have no rush for progression it's all about we won 3 state titles in the 80's and such and such. I'm not dissing Pikeville at all I'm just stating the obvious. The reason Chapman is a hero for winning a Regional Runner-Up is because he took a team from a 4 win season to a 7 win team. He lead them to their first home playoff game and their first playoff win in school history. There is a huge difference in Pikeville and Pike Central.

Lol,oh yeah! Pike Central does get credit around here. For getting in trouble with the KHSAA!:biggrin: