Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(23) Kentucky 68 - (20) Vanderbilt 66
Final
Relief.
The streak remains alive under Cal after two full seasons! Smile....Going to miss big #55.
Thank God it's over. Shouldn't have even been close. Just like everyone on KSR's live blog said, the refs single handidly got Vandy in a place where they could come back. I mean really how many And 1's in a row can you get?

I hate Vandy. Stallings. That ****** Tinsley. And Jimmy Dykes.
Aslan Wrote:Too much suspense!

Your Telling me, by he time i got halfway down ur sig......

Oh the game.

We Got so tired. Stamina was gone. We actually made some good plays down the stretch.

I haven't seen that many walks called on jones all season.
I hate fouling at the end of the game when up 3. I would rather play tough D and make them make the 3 pt shot. Not a very good game for Jones, he continues to show he is not the go to guy in crunch time.
sstack Wrote:I hate fouling at the end of the game when up 3. I would rather play tough D and make them make the 3 pt shot. Not a very good game for Jones, he continues to show he is not the go to guy in crunch time.

I thought he done well. Made some crucial free throws. Just some bad walks.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I thought he done well. Made some crucial free throws. Just some bad walks.
First walk, ok. Second was bad call. The third??? He didn't call a timeout? Everyone setting on that side seemed to think so.
Amun-Ra Wrote:First walk, ok. Second was bad call. The third??? He didn't call a timeout? Everyone setting on that side seemed to think so.

Same ref all three times.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Same ref all three times.
If that's the case the first one was bad too. It looked that way to me but Matt Jones said it was good call.
sstack Wrote:I hate fouling at the end of the game when up 3. I would rather play tough D and make them make the 3 pt shot. Not a very good game for Jones, he continues to show he is not the go to guy in crunch time.

When your playing a such good 3 point shooting team its not a bad call.
Amun-Ra Wrote:If that's the case the first one was bad too. It looked that way to me but Matt Jones said it was good call.

I just didn't see how he walked any of the times. He didn't get in foul trouble tonight so i think they was just wanting to call something on him.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:When your playing a such good 3 point shooting team its not a bad call.

Yes they are a good 3 shooting team. But do not foul and they get one attempt. We fouled and gave them a free one at the line, and then two more chances (one with missed rebound and one with the turnover). I want a team to have to beat me on good plays and not on free attempts and lucky breaks.
sstack Wrote:Yes they are a good 3 shooting team. But do not foul and they get one attempt. We fouled and gave them a free one at the line, and then two more chances (one with missed rebound and one with the turnover). I want a team to have to beat me on good plays and not on free attempts and lucky breaks.

They shouldnt have got the ball back without us scoring again. And if that jenkins guy gets a decent looking three..... I would rather them shoot free throws any night.

We shouldn't have turned the ball over. In this case were still up 2 with the ball with a chance to go up 4. Its a good plan.
sstack Wrote:Yes they are a good 3 shooting team. But do not foul and they get one attempt. We fouled and gave them a free one at the line, and then two more chances (one with missed rebound and one with the turnover). I want a team to have to beat me on good plays and not on free attempts and lucky breaks.

I can buy this argument. It's all about how it works out though. The coach (whoever it may be) looks like a genious when his strategy works out and is on the hot seat when it doesn't work out.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I just didn't see how he walked any of the times. He didn't get in foul trouble tonight so i think they was just wanting to call something on him.

ESPN did not show any replays of the questionable calls. Would have been nice to see a few of those calls from different angles.
I applaud Vandy for their effort in the 2nd half. They played some great basketball, inside & out.

Jenkins is one tough player to guard, props to Lamb & Liggins on the job well done on him.

Kentucky played great in the 1st half and got lazy in the 2nd half and allowed Vandy to get right back in the game and just about let them have it at the end of the game.

I've never looked at it like this, but you make a compelling arrangement.
At the time, I thought it was the right Cal, and still do. We won the game Big Grin
Man, what an environment. I think that we finally rounded that corner. I just have to keep up hope that this game spurs on the confidence that this team needs.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Either way....BIG WIN!
The Cats were completely exhausted down the stretch. I feel they had to take the easy way out and foul. They had no legs left to run down offensive players and prevent the three from going up. Depth is what will knock this team out of the SEC and NCAA tournament, not skill.
Stardust Wrote:The Cats were completely exhausted down the stretch. I feel they had to take the easy way out and foul. They had no legs left to run down offensive players and prevent the three from going up. Depth is what will knock this team out of the SEC and NCAA tournament, not skill.

I sort of agree with this. But I think the foul was the right call and not just because the cats were exhausted.

They were tired and that meant keeping up with Jenkins would prove to be tough. Given that he was hot at the time and moving very well without the ball was looking bad for the cats. Now had he stroked a three and tied the game I don't believe the cats could have got a decent shot off in time sending the game to OT. And since we were already tired OT would have spelled doom for ky. If I was coach I would have called the same thing at the time.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
The difference of the game was at the free throw line,as the Cats made 14-17 and Vandy made 12-17.Good win for the Cats,now its on to Tennessee.GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe lamb played the best defense he played all year....he shut the best scorer in the SEC down last night in the first half. Nice to see his efforts on the other end for once. Whoever was on Jenkins last night saw at least 3 to 4 screens every time down the court.
Great win for the Cats, regardless.
Nice win CATS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
beasy_bo Wrote:I believe lamb played the best defense he played all year....he shut the best scorer in the SEC down last night in the first half. Nice to see his efforts on the other end for once. Whoever was on Jenkins last night saw at least 3 to 4 screens every time down the court.

I thought Liggins was the one that guarded him the first half?
Aslan Wrote:I thought Liggins was the one that guarded him the first half?

Lamb & Liggins split time on Jenkins.
Thank God we won this one...that's about all I have to say. On to Tennessee!