Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet 16 --Who are the favorites\Dark Horses?
I think that Bardstown is a sleeper team out of the 5th. They are playing great at the right time.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Not being a 14th homer but I really like PCC chances to be a sleeper in that bottom half of the bracket. I think with Hatchers style of play, it may be hard for a athletic team that likes to run and gun to to beat PCC. The favorites IMO are Clark and Eastern but look that that top bracket it is brutal. Eastern, Clark, Christain, Lex Cath, and Warren Central all in the upper bracket. It should be a fun sweet 16, good luck to all.
Fave - Eastern
Dark Horse - PCC
MVP2 Wrote:Not being a 14th homer but I really like PCC chances to be a sleeper in that bottom half of the bracket. I think with Hatchers style of play, it may be hard for a athletic team that likes to run and gun to to beat PCC. The favorites IMO are Clark and Eastern but look that that top bracket it is brutal. Eastern, Clark, Christain, Lex Cath, and Warren Central all in the upper bracket. It should be a fun sweet 16, good luck to all.

:Thumbs:
Don't be surprised if Perry is playing Saturday mourning!
Bell Co. Winning streak right now with wins over PCC, Harlan Co, Barbourville, Whitley Co, and Corbin.

Madon had 26 pts Saturday against Knox Central.
Lee had 26 pts Monday against Corbin.

Those 2 can score that much on any given night.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co. Winning streak right now with wins over PCC, Harlan Co, Barbourville, Whitley Co, and Corbin.

Madon had 26 pts Saturday against Knox Central.
Lee had 26 pts Monday against Corbin.

Those 2 can score that much on any given night.

Bell Co has been playing great of late and congrats to them on the 13th region title. Who do they play first round?
On a neutral court, I think Perry would win though Big Grin
Aslan Wrote:Bell Co has been playing great of late and congrats to them on the 13th region title. Who do they play first round?
On a neutral court, I think Perry would win though Big Grin

HAHA....:biggrin: We play Marshall Co first. A team who plays man d which is in our favor. Madon will burn them.
The Bottom Bracket seems wide open, the top loaded, makes for good pre-final games.

Eastern fav
Bullitt east dark horse.
zaga_fan Wrote:Fave - Eastern
Dark Horse - PCC

This. I agree about Eastern but I think that a case can be made for both Christian Co. and Warren Central as favorites.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My favorite: Louisville Eastern- just too much talent on that team to pass up. they won every 7th region tournament game by double digits. Gains, Abell, and Woods will be too much to handle.

Dark Horses: Bardstown- playing very good basketball lately, would not be surprised to see them on saturday night in the finals.
Anyone know how much tickets are?

Quick question for any stats historian on here. Does anyone know the last team to be in the sweet 16 with a losing record?? Valley may be the first one in a long time.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
toussaints Wrote:My favorite: Louisville Eastern- just too much talent on that team to pass up. they won every 7th region tournament game by double digits. Gains, Abell, and Woods will be too much to handle.

Dark Horses: Bardstown- playing very good basketball lately, would not be surprised to see them on saturday night in the finals.

I too think Eastern is the favorite. IF GRC wins their first game against Oldham Co and Eastern wins, this matchup of Eastern and GRC could be the "finals" game of the tourney. Personally would have liked to see these two teams meet in the finals on Saturday night. Agree that the top bracket is loaded with most of the top teams.

Agree on Perry Co Central making some noise. Also like Bullitt East as my dark horse.
Rowan County will make the final four in my opinion
fav. would have to be Eastern 31-2 is an outstanding record.

dark horse, hm i could see bardstown or marshall county
Platinum & Gold Wrote:Rowan County will make the final four in my opinion

i agree they have a pretty easy rode. i believe they will loose to Bullitt East in the final 4
favorites are eastern and GRC. perry and bell are the dark horses. perry could be playing on saturday.
Rowan has some pure shooters...i see them going deep
Eastern is the favorite in this, and will be very tough for anybody to beat. The real championship will come in the semi's of the top bracket unfortunately. I guess anybody in the bottom bracket can be considered a dark horse, but I actually see Bullitt East coming out of the bottom, but any of those teams can easily be playing Saturday night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Favorite: Eastern
Dark Horse: Perry
I wonder how the attendance will be this year. How does Perry usually travel for the state tourney.
[SIZE="4"]
Favorite has to be Eastern.
The Dark Horse IMO is Perry County Central, I would love to see them do some real damage in the Sweet 16
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Anyone know how much tickets are?

...?

Bell Co sold their 2 sections today in 3 hrs. They were $8 each.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co sold their 2 sections today in 3 hrs. They were $8 each.

Thanks!

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co sold their 2 sections today in 3 hrs. They were $8 each.

Someone I know called the high school today and I informed me that Valley had 400 tickets of which we could not get until Monday. I think they may be taking the students orders and their families first.
[SIZE="4"]
Rowan out of the 16th, has the speed, size, and shooting ability to compete with anyone. IMO
I think Bullitt East has a great chance to be in the championship game.
GRC starts selling theirs tomorrow....also for $8.00