Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**As of 4/25/11 - All Trout Stockings Will Be Postponed Until Further Notice**
**As of 4/25/11 - All Trout Stockings Will Be Postponed Until Further Notice**
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Does anyone know why exactly?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
For someone that is fishing ignorant, what exactly does this mean and why? If I go fishing, which I might do once per year, and I get a good haul, what happens if I catch a trout? etc...
^It means no Trout are going to be ''stocked''(physically putting fish into a lake) into the lakes. Most logical reason I can come up with is, the trout are becoming over-populated in certain lakes.

And as far as you catching a trout, I don't think nothing will happen. But I would recommend not keeping it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:^It means no Trout are going to be ''stocked''(physically putting fish into a lake) into the lakes. Most logical reason I can come up with is, the trout are becoming over-populated in certain lakes.

And as far as you catching a trout, I don't think nothing will happen. But I would recommend not keeping it.

Gotcha. Them fish are being fruitful and multiplying! :lmao:
MisterPerfect Wrote:^It means no Trout are going to be ''stocked''(physically putting fish into a lake) into the lakes. Most logical reason I can come up with is, the trout are becoming over-populated in certain lakes.

NO....LMAO......Sorry guys!

It is because of all the rain and the waters being up and the flooding. If they stock the streams now. The trout will either die or just be swept away.

Hope that answered your questions...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:NO....LMAO......Sorry guys!

It is because of all the rain and the waters being up and the flooding. If they stock the streams now. The trout will either die or just be swept away.

Hope that answered your questions...lol.

Well, now I feel stupid. lol

Thanks for clearing that up partner. I had no idea lol. I was just saying what I thought the reasoning might be. :biggrin:
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Well, now I feel stupid. lol

Thanks for clearing that up partner. I had no idea lol. I was just saying what I thought the reasoning might be. :biggrin:

"Momma always said,"Stupid is as stupid does"".

LOL....No problem!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
^Haha. That's about the truth.
#BBFL
^Naaaa. Unless you keep up with this stuff year in and year out like some of us do. You wouldn't have any idea.

Trout fishing is lots of fun though. Especially when they stock like they do. i would recommend it to anyone. Get your permit and trout stamp and you can have a blast for three or four days after they stock. If you have a young child or a GF who has never fished before. It is a GREAT opportunity to teach them and make memories that will last forever! My son and I have followed the trout stocking schedule since before he could read. NOW...we never miss the chance and hopefully never will.

You meet so many GREAT people and here so MANY GREAT storys!

When they start stocking again and you get a chance to go or you get a chance to come to paintsville or Jenny Wiley....Let me know. I will go with you and teach you or you can teach me! Just let me know. Hope to see you there!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:^Naaaa. Unless you keep up with this stuff year in and year out like some of us do. You wouldn't have any idea.

Trout fishing is lots of fun though. Especially when they stock like they do. i would recommend it to anyone. Get your permit and trout stamp and you can have a blast for three or four days after they stock. If you have a young child or a GF who has never fished before. It is a GREAT opportunity to teach them and make memories that will last forever! My son and I have followed the trout stocking schedule since before he could read. NOW...we never miss the chance and hopefully never will.

You meet so many GREAT people and here so MANY GREAT storys!

When they start stocking again and you get a chance to go or you get a chance to come to paintsville or Jenny Wiley....Let me know. I will go with you and teach you or you can teach me! Just let me know. Hope to see you there!

I take my girlfriend fishing to the spillway all the time there. She absolutely loves fishing about 20x more than me. Although she loves catching catfish it truly is fun to have outdoor memories with loved one!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I take my girlfriend fishing to the spillway all the time there. She absolutely loves fishing about 20x more than me. Although she loves catching catfish it truly is fun to have outdoor memories with loved one!

You got yourself a keeper!
#BBFL