Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry/LC updates
NO SCORE after 4...
jetpilot Wrote:NO SCORE after 4...
Hmmm, imagine that.
LC leads 1-0 after 5 innings.
jetpilot Wrote:LC leads 1-0 after 5 innings.
That'll probably do it. I have no faith in Belfry winning from behind.

I wouldn't mind being wrong though.

God knows I was on my 12-0 prediction haha.
LC escapes with 2 runners on 1st and 2nd, Pirates fly out to Compton for 3rd out.
1-0 after 5 1/2...LC coming up in the 6th.
I would think Shepherd will come in to close it out.
^Agreed.
End of 6th 1-0 LC
and Shepherd is in...
Shepherd in to try and close it out.
Great pitched game by Tate Banks, 10 K's on the night.
Williams from Belfry was not too shabby...LC got their only run due to a bad hop in the outfield.
Chandler strikes out the last 3 batters to win the game. LC 1 Belfry 0
1-0 LC final...
jetpilot Wrote:1-0 LC final...
Wow...Belfry gave 'em all they could handle. I will be the first to admit I was wrong about Belfry getting shut out, but it sounds like that runner on 2nd and 3rd was a dicey situation for LC. Way to go, Belfry, represented yourselves well tonight, and kudos to LC as well.
StrayBullet Wrote:Chandler strikes out the last 3 batters to win the game. LC 1 Belfry 0

IMHO, I feel that Tate should have been left in the game.... To me, taking him out (regardless of how many pitches he had thrown) makes me wonder about his coach having faith in his ability to finish it up. He threw a great game (as did Williams from Belfry) so why take him out when all he had to do was get 3 outs? (I do understand the coaching strategy on this but just curious as to why not let him finish)..... This game was one of the best I've ever witnessed.

... Shepard finished up the 7th inning.... with the bottom of the line-up... NOT the top... The next batter up was the one who was safe on first on his first at bat and Smokey missed the call.... Neither team hit like they could, just goes to show you that the pitching ... was on tonight!
PHSForever Wrote:Wow...Belfry gave 'em all they could handle. I will be the first to admit I was wrong about Belfry getting shut out, but it sounds like that runner on 2nd and 3rd was a dicey situation for LC. Way to go, Belfry, represented yourselves well tonight, and kudos to LC as well.

You are correct. Those young men held their own tonight and proved a LOT of people wrong. Many predicted a "shut out" with Belfry allowing 10 or more runs... Well, take away the bad hop in the outfield along with a couple of other things I won't mention and this game could still be goin on! LOL
long_time_pirate Wrote:IMHO, I feel that Tate should have been left in the game.... To me, taking him out (regardless of how many pitches he had thrown) makes me wonder about his coach having faith in his ability to finish it up. He threw a great game (as did Williams from Belfry) so why take him out when all he had to do was get 3 outs? (I do understand the coaching strategy on this but just curious as to why not let him finish)..... This game was one of the best I've ever witnessed.

... Shepard finished up the 7th inning.... with the bottom of the line-up... NOT the top... The next batter up was the one who was safe on first on his first at bat and Smokey missed the call.... Neither team hit like they could, just goes to show you that the pitching ... was on tonight!

It was a great decision to pull Banks for Shepherd. Had nothing to do with faith in a player. Banks pitched an outstanding game. It was a hot day, very humid, and why send a kid back out and have him have one bad pitch to possibly lose or send it in to extra innings when you got a healthy and FRESH All-American throwing low 90's?

I thought LC hit the ball very well. They had a few balls that were frozen ropes that were snagged. Not to mention the bomb that Banks hit to left center that is a HR in all other 15th region fields. Shepherd, Daniel, Banks, Moore, Rice, Musick, and Cline ALL had hard line drive hits or ropes that were caught. How does that equate to not hitting it well? That is taking away from Belfry's defense and Williams' pitching. They did a fine job.
LC got 5 hits and 1 run that was the result of a bad hop in the outfield. 1 run on 5 hits on the night. If you can spin that as a good hitting night then have at it dude haha. LC was a lucky bad hop away from being shut out in this game.
long_time_pirate Wrote:IMHO, I feel that Tate should have been left in the game.... To me, taking him out (regardless of how many pitches he had thrown) makes me wonder about his coach having faith in his ability to finish it up. He threw a great game (as did Williams from Belfry) so why take him out when all he had to do was get 3 outs? (I do understand the coaching strategy on this but just curious as to why not let him finish)..... This game was one of the best I've ever witnessed.

Well if it rains Thursday, Tate will be available on Friday, which is why I wished Pikeville would have sent Maynard in the 7th. But, both staffs obviously had different plans. LC will have Shepherd, Cline, and Musick. Pikeville will have Hamilton, Burton, and Maynard.

So, it has nothing to do with lack of faith, but why not put a close to sure thing out there and save Tate's ability to come back if rains were to come Thursday night.
jetpilot Wrote:LC got 5 hits and 1 run that was the result of a bad hop in the outfield. 1 run on 5 hits on the night. If you can spin that as a good hitting night then have at it dude haha. LC was a lucky bad hop away from being shut out in this game.

If you can say that, then I can say that Belfry was a lucky catch away from getting 3 or 4 runs hung on them in the 2nd inning. The CF made a great catch to save the game for them. If he doesn't, LC scores two runs with a runner on 3B with less than 2 outs and probably adds another run on then.

I know you hate LC. But Williams isn't a bad pitcher. I bet he was mid 80's with his fastball last night with a good curve. But of course, Pikeville never struggles against fastball pitchers. :eyeroll:
dawgeers Wrote:If you can say that, then I can say that Belfry was a lucky catch away from getting 3 or 4 runs hung on them in the 2nd inning. The CF made a great catch to save the game for them. If he doesn't, LC scores two runs with a runner on 3B with less than 2 outs and probably adds another run on then.

I know you hate LC. But Williams isn't a bad pitcher. I bet he was mid 80's with his fastball last night with a good curve. But of course, Pikeville never struggles against fastball pitchers. :eyeroll:

First, we the family and friends of the CF appreciate the compliment. We feel he is exceptional in the position he plays.

Secondly, no one hates LC. I have several friends from there and have watched a few of the present and past players play summer ball therefore know what kind of caliber players they are. Williams pitched an outstanding game last night. He should have nothing taken away from him either. Nor should Tate. This game was one for the record books in my opinion. Both teams wanted it and LC had to earn what they got with the bad hop.
long_time_pirate Wrote:First, we the family and friends of the CF appreciate the compliment. We feel he is exceptional in the position he plays.

Secondly, no one hates LC. I have several friends from there and have watched a few of the present and past players play summer ball therefore know what kind of caliber players they are. Williams pitched an outstanding game last night. He should have nothing taken away from him either. Nor should Tate. This game was one for the record books in my opinion. Both teams wanted it and LC had to earn what they got with the bad hop.

That is my point. Some of these Pikeville fans want to take shots at LC's offense when it was the credit of Williams and the Belfry defense as to why LC had 1 run on 5 hits. If anyone can use the "bad hop" as an excuse, the LC fans could also use the Williams stab of the liner off of Banks bat in the 1st for a double play, the throw from the catcher to get Shepherd stealing in the 1st, and the catch by the CF to save 2-3 runs in the 2nd. I thought Williams was a bit shaky early on, but after the CF's catch he got stronger and settled down.
dawgeers Wrote:That is my point. Some of these Pikeville fans want to take shots at LC's offense when it was the credit of Williams and the Belfry defense as to why LC had 1 run on 5 hits. If anyone can use the "bad hop" as an excuse, the LC fans could also use the Williams stab of the liner off of Banks bat in the 1st for a double play, the throw from the catcher to get Shepherd stealing in the 1st, and the catch by the CF to save 2-3 runs in the 2nd. I thought Williams was a bit shaky early on, but after the CF's catch he got stronger and settled down.

The throw from the catcher was legit! Nice play IMHO
CF was on his game last night and would NOT have let the "bad hop" one by him..he was ON the ball and it "popped" right over his head after hitting something in the grass.
CF and Williams (along with 1st base and 3rd base last night) are all playing well together. These young men have been together for a while and will all be back next year.
IF I wanted to get technical, I have a picture of the CF's first hit (well, his run to base) and he was a step and a half PAST the bag and that was a huge missed call as he is fast and could have maybe made some noise himself with the help of his teammates. Now, I'm not going to beat a dead horse to death but this game could have went either way... I do however believe that Belfry shocked LC as they did NOT expect what they saw last night.
long_time_pirate Wrote:The throw from the catcher was legit! Nice play IMHO
CF was on his game last night and would NOT have let the "bad hop" one by him..he was ON the ball and it "popped" right over his head after hitting something in the grass.
CF and Williams (along with 1st base and 3rd base last night) are all playing well together. These young men have been together for a while and will all be back next year.
IF I wanted to get technical, I have a picture of the CF's first hit (well, his run to base) and he was a step and a half PAST the bag and that was a huge missed call as he is fast and could have maybe made some noise himself with the help of his teammates. Now, I'm not going to beat a dead horse to death but this game could have went either way... I do however believe that Belfry shocked LC as they did NOT expect what they saw last night.

Shocked?? How do you shock anyone with 0 runs scored? It only takes 1 run to win the game! Confusedhh:
Hats off to LC & Belfry. Both teams had errors and I feel there was missed opportunities and missed calls on both sides. On the up side, Both teams played hard, they showed up and wanted the win. This game could have been anyone's game
But LC came out On top. Every player on the field should be proud of what they accomplished. Hats off to Cline for his double and scoring the only run & to Daniel for the game winning RBI. Hats off to Banks & Williams. These 2 really put up a fight.
Thanks Belfry for a classy hard played game.Tyler you and your team played well tonight. You guys may have struggled at time this year but improvement is quite obvious.We discussed this earlier this year with one of the Pirate faithful.Some on here would like to take away from this game which might show a touch of insecurity. Again Thanks.
Wildcats11 Wrote:Shocked?? How do you shock anyone with 0 runs scored? It only takes 1 run to win the game! Confusedhh:

Yes shocked. According to all that I've read on here the LC faithful (to be nice about it) seemed to think that LC would walk away with a mercy in 5 innings. FYI, the shock was noticed during the 1st inning so I'm not sure what game you were at but the one I attended, showed exactly by the "reactions".... IF you know what I mean! hahahaha