Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pau Gasol Trade Rumors
The topic of Pau Gasol and the Minnesota Timberwolves was discussed last week (Pincus: Multiple Rumors Out of LA) based on the word of ESPN's Chad Ford that the Wolves had interest in the Los Angeles Laker All-Star forward/center.

Further research revealed that the Wolves do indeed have interest in Gasol, notably because of his relationship with guard Ricky Rubio.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1PYHbWfqN
K-Love better be involved in this trade!
Aslan Wrote:Me no likely.

Dude, this is seriously the third typo in a row that I have found..
Aslan is wasted lol...

I say, let Gasol go!
Or, trade Gasol for Rubio.

Rubio is a young guard, top tier..
Not sure how he will pan out in the NBA, but its worth the risk IMO.
Not to mention, cleaning out that space for Howard next year Big Grin

But all of that doesn't matter I guess...
Gasol wants to be with Rubio..
Give T'wolves a few players for Rubio and let him go to L.A. - Even better.
Ballers Wrote:Dude, this is seriously the third typo in a row that I have found..
Aslan is wasted lol...

I say, let Gasol go!
Or, trade Gasol for Rubio.

Rubio is a young guard, top tier..
Not sure how he will pan out in the NBA, but its worth the risk IMO.
Not to mention, cleaning out that space for Howard next year Big Grin

Meow, meow, skeow.
Got to get rid of him to make room for D-WHITE
^Exactly!!
This trade would hurt any chance the Lakers or winning another championship, until Kobe's contract expires.
^ Why? Kevin Love is much better than Pau.
Id trade gasol for love abd the first round draft pick. Regardless of the scrubs we trade around to make it work that doesnt sound like a terrible trade really. Give LA a still good pf (Love isnt as good as gasol) But he can shoot the 3 ball, and he is 8 years younger. Add in a young point guard from the draft (perhaps a kyrie irving or brandon knight) and the lakers have youth in the back court (something they lack majorly). So I dont see it really being a bad trade. I love the Lakers and I wouldnt complain a bit Gasol for #2 draft pick plus Love. It has to be both in the deal though. No way we trade just for love or for the draft pick and scrubs. Bad deal unless we get both. Either way, this trade wont happen IMO.
K_Mac Wrote:Id trade gasol for love abd the first round draft pick. Regardless of the scrubs we trade around to make it work that doesnt sound like a terrible trade really. Give LA a still good pf (Love isnt as good as gasol) But he can shoot the 3 ball, and he is 8 years younger. Add in a young point guard from the draft (perhaps a kyrie irving or brandon knight) and the lakers have youth in the back court (something they lack majorly). So I dont see it really being a bad trade. I love the Lakers and I wouldnt complain a bit Gasol for #2 draft pick plus Love. It has to be both in the deal though. No way we trade just for love or for the draft pick and scrubs. Bad deal unless we get both. Either way, this trade wont happen IMO.

LOL, you are calling a NBA player a scrub??
Stardust Wrote:Got to get rid of him to make room for D-WHITE

My same thoughts.
K_Mac Wrote:Id trade gasol for love abd the first round draft pick. Regardless of the scrubs we trade around to make it work that doesnt sound like a terrible trade really. Give LA a still good pf (Love isnt as good as gasol) But he can shoot the 3 ball, and he is 8 years younger. Add in a young point guard from the draft (perhaps a kyrie irving or brandon knight) and the lakers have youth in the back court (something they lack majorly). So I dont see it really being a bad trade. I love the Lakers and I wouldnt complain a bit Gasol for #2 draft pick plus Love. It has to be both in the deal though. No way we trade just for love or for the draft pick and scrubs. Bad deal unless we get both. Either way, this trade wont happen IMO.

There's no way the Lakers would get Love AND the 1st round pick. They'd be lucky to get Love straight up for Gasol. I thought it would be like Gasol and a second round pick for Love. Love averaged 20 and 15 this year! And he's 8 years younger than Gasol. C'mon!
Tailback44 Wrote:LOL, you are calling a NBA player a scrub??

Come on now. Luke Walton is clearly a scrub, there is definitely scrubs in the NBA.
LClion4life Wrote:There's no way the Lakers would get Love AND the 1st round pick. They'd be lucky to get Love straight up for Gasol. I thought it would be like Gasol and a second round pick for Love. Love averaged 20 and 15 this year! And he's 8 years younger than Gasol. C'mon!

They can get both if the T-Wolves want Gasol to play with Rubio bad enough. And idc if Love averaged 20 and 15, no way ur saying he is as good as Gasol right???
Yes he is as good as Gasol! If not better. What are you thinking? Numbers don't lie. 20 and 15 is pretty damn good. Love is twice the rebounder that Gasol is, he'll give 110% every day, and he won't force his own offense. He's smart on the offensive end.
LClion4life Wrote:Yes he is as good as Gasol! If not better. What are you thinking? Numbers don't lie. 20 and 15 is pretty damn good. Love is twice the rebounder that Gasol is, he'll give 110% every day, and he won't force his own offense. He's smart on the offensive end.

20 and 15 on the T-Wolves is 14 and 9 anywhere else
Agree with Zaga ^. Love is good no question, but he wouldnt post those numbers anywhere else. And he most definitely couldnt average 20 points playing on a team like the Lakers where he isnt the 1, 2, 3, and 4 option LOL. Gasol would average 25+ for the T-wolves.
zaga_fan Wrote:20 and 15 on the T-Wolves is 14 and 9 anywhere else

I disagree. if on the Lakers, T-wovles,Nuggets or any other NBA, you are still playing the same compeletion. Love is on a bad team but he is going up against good teams every night and still getting 20-15 with some of the best bigs in the NBA guarding him. Love goes up against PFs like D West, Gasol, Duncan and still puts up those numbers. I understand the connection that Rubio/Gasol has but I personally would keep Love, he has talent, younger, and a lot more left in the tank.
Thank you MVP2. I can see where some can give a case that his offensive numbers may be bloated because of who he plays for but I don't see how you can explain the rebounds. Hell, he posted the NBA's first 30-30 game in 28 years this year!
Lakers just need to "chill!"

Gasol is still a All-Star, I do like K. Love a lot but he's not the answer....

Lakers don't need to trade anyone... All they need to do is let Brown be the PG, he has a lot of upside...

The Lakers inside game is sick, ^No one scores on Gasol and Bynum together (dirk shot a lot of jumpers) they just need to let Bynum get about 15 shots a game and Gasol get about 17 a game...
MVP2 Wrote:I disagree. if on the Lakers, T-wovles,Nuggets or any other NBA, you are still playing the same compeletion. Love is on a bad team but he is going up against good teams every night and still getting 20-15 with some of the best bigs in the NBA guarding him. Love goes up against PFs like D West, Gasol, Duncan and still puts up those numbers. I understand the connection that Rubio/Gasol has but I personally would keep Love, he has talent, younger, and a lot more left in the tank.

Would K-Love get 20-15 if he takes Pau's spot in LA?
^ agree
Love's points are inflated because he's the guy on a bad team. His rebounding however is not. If you can rebound for a bad team, you can for a good team as well. Love has good stats, but he is NOT a better player than Pau Gasol. Love plays little to no defense and he's also not blessed with Gasols height and extremely long arms to play defense at a championship level. Also remember before this postseason Gasol was considered an elite power forward(top 3). Love will never be at that level. If getting Rubeu is this important to Minnesota, the Lakers should demand Love, Flynn(not going to need him anyway if they do indeed get Rubeu), and a first round pick. Gasol for Love straight up is not even close to being even.
I do believe the Lakers need to make some trades and get younger though. The core of the team(besides Bynum) are all 31 or older. Love is not the answer IMO. He's not shown that he has the ability to be a great defensive player and IMO he couldn't be that second scorer LA needs. I'm looking for LA to get Dwight shortly before the trade deadline. They have good players and draft picks to offer Orlando to at least keep them a competitive team.
ekff Wrote:Lakers just need to "chill!"

Gasol is still a All-Star, I do like K. Love a lot but he's not the answer....

Lakers don't need to trade anyone... All they need to do is let Brown be the PG, he has a lot of upside...

The Lakers inside game is sick, ^No one scores on Gasol and Bynum together (dirk shot a lot of jumpers) they just need to let Bynum get about 15 shots a game and Gasol get about 17 a game...

Agree with the bolded.
Also agree that Bynum and Gasol should get that many shot attempts a game. Problem with Gasol is that he is too passive to attempt that many shots. If he did take 17 shots a game, he could average somewhere around 25 & 10, instead of his career average of 18 & 10.
zaga_fan Wrote:Would K-Love get 20-15 if he takes Pau's spot in LA?

Maybe not 20-15 but I do think it would be better than 14-9. He is pretty much the go to guy in Minnesota so he wouldnt get as many touches in LA like he did for Minn. I'd say love would be like a 17/13 guy in LA.
Aslan Wrote:Love's points are inflated because he's the guy on a bad team. His rebounding however is not. If you can rebound for a bad team, you can for a good team as well. Love has good stats, but he is NOT a better player than Pau Gasol. Love plays little to no defense and he's also not blessed with Gasols height and extremely long arms to play defense at a championship level. Also remember before this postseason Gasol was considered an elite power forward(top 3). Love will never be at that level. If getting Rubeu is this important to Minnesota, the Lakers should demand Love, Flynn(not going to need him anyway if they do indeed get Rubeu), and a first round pick. Gasol for Love straight up is not even close to being even.
I do believe the Lakers need to make some trades and get younger though. The core of the team(besides Bynum) are all 31 or older. Love is not the answer IMO. He's not shown that he has the ability to be a great defensive player and IMO he couldn't be that second scorer LA needs. I'm looking for LA to get Dwight shortly before the trade deadline. They have good players and draft picks to offer Orlando to at least keep them a competitive team.

Agree. I think this is basically what I said, you probably just explained it better.
Love, Flynn, and a 1st round pick?! Are you crazy? As high as the T'Wolves first round pick will be? That's incredibly unfair to Minnesota! Is no one catching that Love is 8 years younger than Gasol? He has many, many more productive years left than Pau. And just as a side note, I never saw Pau as a top 3 PF in this league.
LClion4life Wrote:Love, Flynn, and a 1st round pick?! Are you crazy? As high as the T'Wolves first round pick will be? That's incredibly unfair to Minnesota! Is no one catching that Love is 8 years younger than Gasol? He has many, many more productive years left than Pau. And just as a side note, I never saw Pau as a top 3 PF in this league.

Yeah, Love is much younger, but he's never been on Gasols elite level(on BOTH sides of the court). One good player(Love), a decent player(Flynn), and a first round pick(in an extremely weak draft), for an elite power forward sounds good to me.
BEFORE this post season name three power forwards better than Gasol.
Nowitzki, Stoudemire, Griffin, Bosh, Garnett. I named 5.