Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011/12 Kentucky Showdown at Rupp Arena
Bleid Sports, a company that hosts basketball events across the country is hosting this event. They have venues that include: Cameron Indoor, Matthew Knight Arena (Oregon), Yum Center, etc.

The schedule of teams:
December 11, 2011
Letcher County Central, West Jessamine, Buckhorn, Scott County, South Warren, Mercer County, Harrison County, Mccreary Central, St. Marys, Dixe Heights, Danville, Wolfe County, Southwestern, Butler, Boyle County, Harlan County, Mercer and Clinton Girls

January 8
Shelby Co, Sayre, Scott County, Pulaski County, Perry County Central, Clinton, Boone, Bourbon Co, Madison Southern, Leslie, Frankfort, Fulton, Henry Co, Carroll Co, St. patricks, Hopkinsville, Rowan County, Bryan Station
I was told Boyle County will play Harlan County. I can't wait.
SK, who does PCC play?
Ballers Wrote:SK, who does PCC play?

Not sure just yet. I just asked someone about it and as soon as they get back to me I'll pass the msg along
Strikeout King Wrote:Not sure just yet. I just asked someone about it and as soon as they get back to me I'll pass the msg along

Appreciate it - what is this exactly a tourney or what?
Ballers Wrote:Appreciate it - what is this exactly a tourney or what?

I believe it's just a one game invitational for every team that is in it.

as of today (7/15/11) here are the matchups:

December 8th:

Letcher County Central vs. West Jessamine 1:30 pm

Dixie Heights vs. Scott County 7:00 pm

Harrison County vs. Mercer County

McCreary Central vs. TBA

January 8th

Rowan County vs. Hopkinsville

Fulton County vs. Henry County

St. Patrick vs. Frankfort
I think that this showcase shounds amazing. I am really excited to see it on ESPN for the big nationwide matchups. I love it!!! Kentucky is the mecca of basketball. Does anyone know the lineup for the classic down in Pikeville. Oh and Strikeout King..... Just as a reference, who is that lovely lady in your avatar.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that this showcase shounds amazing. I am really excited to see it on ESPN for the big nationwide matchups. I love it!!! Kentucky is the mecca of basketball. Does anyone know the lineup for the classic down in Pikeville. Oh and Strikeout King..... Just as a reference, who is that lovely lady in your avatar.

There will also be an ESPN game featuring Chicago Simeone (likely number 1 team with the #1 recruit) vs Huntington Prep (Likely number 2 team)

Another game between Brewster Academy and Kiske. Brewster has two potential UK guys on their team

I forgot her name. I'll try and look it up. She is pretty hot Big Grin
Strikeout King Wrote:I believe it's just a one game invitational for every team that is in it.

as of today (7/15/11) here are the matchups:

December 8th:

McCreary Central vs. TBA

January 8th

I believe Boyle County and Harlan County will be at 3:00 pm on Dec. 11th.
Looks like a good event for the teams involved and KY HS basketball. Can't wait!
Interesting opening game, Letcher vs West Jessamine. Current LCC coach Hammonds came from WJ.
I have to make my way over to Rupp to see these games. I love this lineup.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Ballers Wrote:SK, who does PCC play?

PCC plays Australian Travel Team, Millbrook, NC and Bryan Station. Games/Dates listed below!

Sunday Dec. 11th

McCreary Central vs. TBA

Sunday Jan. 1st

Bourbon County vs. Madison Southern

Bardstown vs. Pleasure Ridge Park

Friday Jan. 6th

Perry County Central vs. Australian Travel Team

Saturday Jan. 7th

Perry County Central vs. Millbrook, NC

Sunday Jan. 8th

Perry County Central vs. Bryan Station

Clinton County vs. TBA
I believe Buckhorn plays Boone Co. on Dec. 11 at Rupp, also. Not sure of the time, though
Perry Central sure upped the schedule this yr it seems. Just took a glance at khsaa website and they will be lucky to finish .500 this season. Got 3 tuff games at rupp as well.
I may actually try to go to this here in Lexington
[SIZE="4"]
just seen PCC's schedule. They the Australian Travel team listed to play in the Kentucky Showdown at Rupp on Jan 6 but they also have a home game against Mercer County listed for that date. what's up with that?
RebelPride12 Wrote:I was told Boyle County will play Harlan County. I can't wait.

RebelPride12 Wrote:I believe Boyle County and Harlan County will be at 3:00 pm on Dec. 11th.

Harlan County plays Mercer County at 3:00 pm

worker1 Wrote:I believe Buckhorn plays Boone Co. on Dec. 11 at Rupp, also. Not sure of the time, though

Buckhorn plays South Warren instead of Boone County
looks like im gonna have to try n stay in lexington for a few days to watch the commodores!
Sunday, December 11, 2011
McCreary Central - vs.TBA (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown
Dixie Heights - vs.Scott County (at Rupp Arena) - 7:00 PM Kentucky Showdown
Letcher County Central - vs.West Jessamine (at Rupp Arena) - 1:30 PM Kentucky Showdown
Harlan County - vs.Mercer County (at Rupp Arena) - 3:00 PM Kentucky Showdown

Sunday, January 1, 2012
Leslie County - vs.Carroll County (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown
Bardstown - vs.Pleasure Ridge Park (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown
Fulton County - vs.Henry County (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown

Sunday, January 8, 2012
Perry County Central - vs.Boone County (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown
St. Patrick - vs.Frankfort (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown
Bourbon County - vs.Madison Southern (at Rupp Arena) - 9:30 AM Kentucky Showdown
Clinton County - vs.TBA (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown
Rowan County - vs.Hopkinsville (at Rupp Arena) - Kentucky Showdown
I'll have to see if I can score some media credentials for this one
ballstar Wrote:Perry Central sure upped the schedule this yr it seems. Just took a glance at khsaa website and they will be lucky to finish .500 this season. Got 3 tuff games at rupp as well.

lucky to finish .500? c'mon now! :Shaking:
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:lucky to finish .500? c'mon now! :Shaking:

This was posted b4 the new kid. lol
ballstar Wrote:This was posted b4 the new kid. lol

lol ic, well i think they still would of done better than .500 without him!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:lol ic, well i think they still would of done better than .500 without him!

Ur right. I was just saying the schedule looks really tuff!!! Is this new kid as good as all the hype????
ballstar Wrote:Ur right. I was just saying the schedule looks really tuff!!! Is this new kid as good as all the hype????

This kid is the real deal.
I saw another article were his coach in NY is complaing and making some recruiting accusations against a few people. Said there might be an investigation.
It's not called recruiting it's called boosting the economy by putting people to work. :popcorn:
ballstar Wrote:Ur right. I was just saying the schedule looks really tuff!!! Is this new kid as good as all the hype????

yessir! he is tough! maybe a mr basketball canidate??? who knows!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:yessir! he is tough! maybe a mr basketball canidate??? who knows!

Calm er down blue sack, we dont wanna press our luck
dore20 Wrote:Calm er down blue sack, we dont wanna press our luck

i would calm errr down, but its a real good chance im right! :Thumbs:
Harlan & Boyle will be a good game!!!