Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky-38 Jacksonville State-14
I was off by a Fg.
Final from Commonwealth.

The Cats proved a lot of people wrong today. I'm sure we will still hear negative comments.
I can't believe people actually picked us to lose, lol..
^
I know, 14 people picked JSU in the prediction thread.
MVP2 Wrote:^
I know, 14 people picked JSU in the prediction thread.

Fair weather fans my friend. When things start going bad they start to go crazy and don't even use logic. Anyone that thought we would lose this game was crazy.

As for the game we looked good on offense, I think we can make a run at a bowl game.
It was a statement prediction for me. It was to state how little I think of the current UK team. They have some very talented freshmen so the cupboard is not bare. Next season is hopefully better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:It was a statement prediction for me. It was to state how little I think of the current UK team. They have some very talented freshmen so the cupboard is not bare. Next season is hopefully better.

Have some faith for the rest of this year.
they beat a nobody by not even really all that much and you say to have faith? yeah like they will win out the rest of the season.....:trolldad:
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Have some faith for the rest of this year.

I will give you this, UK plays Ole Miss and Miss State who have a combined record of 0-8 in the SEC and a 5-9 record overall and they play both IN Commonwealth Stadium. They also played an improved Vandy team, yet it is still Vandy. Georgia without their starting QB and Tennessee at home.

None of those SHOULD be as hard as SC, Florida, LSU, etc.... so UK should be more competitive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thank God we won. Offensive looked better. Still can't see us making a bowl game. Vandy, Georgia, and Tennessee are better. Ole Miss is winnable though.
Every game from hear on out is very winnable, Georgia being the exception. I see this team doing good for the rest of the year. They looked today like they had grown into themselves alot more.
Aslan Wrote:Vandy and Tennessee is not winnable.

I very much beg to differ about this. We will win 3 more games this year. Beating both Mississippi schools, and then splitting with the Tennessee schools. We will beat vandy imo. They are still vandy they might be having a good year but we have had their number.

I'll put it too you this way if the offense can start scoring on the SEC teams more than once or twice a game, then we will lose one more game, if not the above scenario applies. This defense will when us games down the stretch.
Also got to say that Morgan Newton looks good after he has been jacked up a few times. He needs to be hit to throw a good ball.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I very much beg to differ about this. We will win 3 more games this year. Beating both Mississippi schools, and then splitting with the Tennessee schools. We will beat vandy imo. They are still vandy they might be having a good year but we have had their number.

I'll put it too you this way if the offense can start scoring on the SEC teams more than once or twice a game, then we will lose one more game, if not the above scenario applies. This defense will when us games down the stretch.

You can beg to differ all you want, but you're dead wrong. UK will not win three more games this year. Let's be realistic about this.
^
They'll be lucky to win 1 more game....
I think Joker was a very poor selection to replace Rick Brooks. But there is nothing we can do about that now. I hope Joker improves each game along with his team. I am rooting for UK regardless. I think UK has improved alot on D this year. Hopefully Joker can pull this team together and win some more games. I hope the offensive line can come together and finally be the unit everybody expected them to be this year. I am interested in seeing UK improve. Its going to be tough for them to make a bowl game but its not impossible. This is the time of year when coaching is so important. I'd love to see this team play a SEC game were they didn't drop passes and fumble the ball and the O-line played like they are capable. I think Newton throws the Deep ball best. I'd like to see fewer short passes and more balls thrown down the field. I just hope they keep improving and maybe be on Point for the Tenn game. They can lose the rest and win the Tenn game and the fans base will be jumping for Joy. Or atleast I will! GO FOOTBALL WILDCATS!
Aslan Wrote:You can beg to differ all you want, but you're dead wrong. UK will not win three more games this year. Let's be realistic about this.

Quite frankly I couldn't care less what you say about Kentucky this year. You and everyone else that posted about the JSU game was dead wrong. I was off by three points. We came out and finally got it together on offense. If we play like that the rest of this year we will win games. All we have to do is keep the other teams offense off the field and score a few touchdowns our defense will do the rest. Look at the competition we have faced this year. We got upset by louisville but other than that we have played three very good football teams with a team that was young at every skill position on offense. Now we are out of that stretch and are better for it. Give them a damn chance instead of wishing for failure because you don't like the coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
They'll be lucky to win 1 more game....

I believe you said that before this game.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I think Joker was a very poor selection to replace Rick Brooks. But there is nothing we can do about that now. I hope Joker improves each game along with his team. I am rooting for UK regardless. I think UK has improved alot on D this year. Hopefully Joker can pull this team together and win some more games. I hope the offensive line can come together and finally be the unit everybody expected them to be this year. I am interested in seeing UK improve. Its going to be tough for them to make a bowl game but its not impossible. This is the time of year when coaching is so important. I'd love to see this team play a SEC game were they didn't drop passes and fumble the ball and the O-line played like they are capable. I think Newton throws the Deep ball best. I'd like to see fewer short passes and more balls thrown down the field. I just hope they keep improving and maybe be on Point for the Tenn game. They can lose the rest and win the Tenn game and the fans base will be jumping for Joy. Or atleast I will! GO FOOTBALL WILDCATS!

That might be the best thing I have ever read on this site. Wishing for failure because you don't like the head coach is a terrible thing to do. Barnhart will not fire joker before he gives him a fair chance, and leach will not be our coach its not gonna happen you can wish all you want but it won't happen. So instead of constantly being negative about the program we should at least try to support them.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I believe you said that before this game.

Yea, 3 wins is a success....

They'll be a time when you look down at the floor this year and finally say, damn, we suck. When you do, come back to us and agree.
Im all for supporting your team and all that bull, but there is no way in any possibility that you can actually believe we are okay and that Joker is a good coach and he just needs time.
You can preach fairweathered fans all you want, when we suck i admit it. When were good ill rub it. Thats not fairweathered, its unbiased. Until Joker and his QB are gone, we have no shot.
Im personally the most pissed that i spent over a grand on season tickets and went to two games. You would be mad to...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yea, 3 wins is a success....

They'll be a time when you look down at the floor this year and finally say, damn, we suck. When you do, come back to us and agree.
Im all for supporting your team and all that bull, but there is no way in any possibility that you can actually believe we are okay and that Joker is a good coach and he just needs time.
You can preach fairweathered fans all you want, when we suck i admit it. When were good ill rub it. Thats not fairweathered, its unbiased. Until Joker and his QB are gone, we have no shot.
Im personally the most pissed that i spent over a grand on season tickets and went to two games. You would be mad to...

And what happens if we finish strong this year then are you gonna admit you were wrong? We did suck it up in the first half of SEC play but honestly we werent gonna win those games anyway so why use that to judge this team. Honestly the only thing this team has done diferently than the decent teams we have had the past few years is get upset by louisville. And in 06 we got beat to death by louisville. then in the second half of the season the coach everyone wanted gone, and the quarterback everyone hated suddenly became fan favorites and heroes of UK Football. I guess we all forgot about that didnt we?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Quite frankly I couldn't care less what you say about Kentucky this year. You and everyone else that posted about the JSU game was dead wrong. I was off by three points. We came out and finally got it together on offense. If we play like that the rest of this year we will win games. All we have to do is keep the other teams offense off the field and score a few touchdowns our defense will do the rest. Look at the competition we have faced this year. We got upset by louisville but other than that we have played three very good football teams with a team that was young at every skill position on offense. Now we are out of that stretch and are better for it. Give them a damn chance instead of wishing for failure because you don't like the coach.

Alright I was wrong about the UK/JSU state. But you've been dead wrong ALL YEAR about UK football. I'm not wishing for failure at all, I don't know where you get that. I like Joker and think he can turn it around, but this year we have a very bad football team. You can call me a fair weather fan all you want, but just because I'm a UK fan don't mean I think they're going to win every game. It's called taking the goggles off and being realistic.
I'm being realistic...Miss St, Ole Miss are winnable games....Vandy @ Vandy this year dont look so promising but anything is possible....GA and TN, well I dont think the Cats will win those games. A Bowl isnt out of the question just yet. I'd say 30% yes and 70% no at this point. Lets go Cats!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:And what happens if we finish strong this year then are you gonna admit you were wrong? We did suck it up in the first half of SEC play but honestly we werent gonna win those games anyway so why use that to judge this team. Honestly the only thing this team has done diferently than the decent teams we have had the past few years is get upset by louisville. And in 06 we got beat to death by louisville. then in the second half of the season the coach everyone wanted gone, and the quarterback everyone hated suddenly became fan favorites and heroes of UK Football. I guess we all forgot about that didnt we?

Ya dang skippy.
If we finish strong ill eat crow.
Im not one to not admit when im wrong.
But it wont happen, 1 more win 2 at the most if we pull an upset.
I went back and looked threw the prediction thread, and I hate how many people picked UK to get beat. I picked UK by a field goal because I had no idea about who or what Jacksonville was about. But I knew the Cats would win.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:And what happens if we finish strong this year then are you gonna admit you were wrong? We did suck it up in the first half of SEC play but honestly we werent gonna win those games anyway so why use that to judge this team. Honestly the only thing this team has done diferently than the decent teams we have had the past few years is get upset by louisville. And in 06 we got beat to death by louisville. then in the second half of the season the coach everyone wanted gone, and the quarterback everyone hated suddenly became fan favorites and heroes of UK Football. I guess we all forgot about that didnt we?
I thought UK's Defense played LSU a pretty respectable game. They had some bad calls go against them plus the Offense failed to hold onto the ball. LSU beat the crap out of Auburn today. Myself I was expecting UK to be better on Offense than they have played this year. I was not expecting a explosive Offense like they had with Cobb. I was expecting a Offense more like the one they had when Newton was a freshmen. That year when Newton took over at QB they ran alot of 2 tight end sets and gave him max protection. In the UL game I thought UK was going to find its way Clemons broke the long run and UK kicked a field goal and I was thinking Clemons was going to have a big game. For some odd reason Clemons never got many touchs after that and it seemed like the coaching staff panicked. Joker has took a lot of heat because of the way his team has played. All the dropped passes and fumbles and negitive yardage plays gets under any fans skin. It's up to Joker to come up with Offensive game plans that gives his team a chance. Newton can throw the fade and throw the ball deep. When I say deep I mean passes that have a lot a air under them, he is not accurate enough for a short passing game like Hartline ran last year. I really think UK can win some more games this season but they have to play solid smart football. Hopefully Joker is a better coach than I think he is. I honeslty think UK has the talent to win every game they have left this season but its all up to the Coaching staff to fit the puzzle together and find a way to win. If Joker expects Newton to line up in the Shotgun and throw it 35 times a game then you can expect UK to lose every game it has left. Either way I will be watching and rooting you the CATS!
IM truly glad UK got a win today. Offense looked good today. I hope these boys can keep it up. Defense still lookin good.
This victory was the absolute best news of the day for all SEC fans of teams other than UK! It means Joker keeps his job, and they continue with their easy victory's over UK for another year as the Cats languish with a DIII coach at the helm!