Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is As Political As I Get On Here...
.... Just got butt-raped by the Federal Government in taxes on my last paycheck to the tune of 35%. Had a very good commission month that knocked me into the upper tax bracket and boy did I pay for it.

Hope the freeloaders who are too dumb to stop reproducing enjoy my contribution.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:.... Just got butt-raped by the Federal Government in taxes on my last paycheck to the tune of 35%. Had a very good commission month that knocked me into the upper tax bracket and boy did I pay for it.

Hope the freeloaders who are too dumb to stop reproducing enjoy my contribution.

Sadly when you venture over to this side of the website, you'll find out that there are a select few on here who will say that you have still not done your fair share.
EKU, it sounds like you are perilously close to becoming an evil one-percenter. You are lucky that the federal government allows you to keep so much of their money. :biggrin:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:.... Just got butt-raped by the Federal Government in taxes on my last paycheck to the tune of 35%. Had a very good commission month that knocked me into the upper tax bracket and boy did I pay for it.

The republicans want you to give that share, so that the rich can get off scott free. The middle pay the biggest percent of the taxes.
Like the sign in my dads offices says "work harder millions on welfare depend on u"

I honestly feel the same way.
I to get the majority of my income from commision.
The past two years i have been barely over the middle tax bracket meaning ive paid for it, and by paid i mean butt raped just like youve said.
I got cut over 20,000 last year and ended up getting a check back actually for $3.41. lol.
I even owed the state 18 dollars.

I just really hope my tax money makes the finest quality of meth a man can buy.
I have paid into taxes for the past 3 years. The first one was to the tune of 3500. The second 2400. And this year went down. Only had to pay back 1000. That's on top of paying in close to 20,000 through the year. And I'm freaking married.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
^WOW! How much do y'all make?!?!?!?! 70,000? 80,000? 6 figures?

Be thankful that you can survive and thrive after that is taken away. It is okay to complain but never forget to be thankful for what is left as well Wink
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^WOW! How much do y'all make?!?!?!?! 70,000? 80,000? 6 figures?

Be thankful that you can survive and thrive after that is taken away. It is okay to complain but never forget to be thankful for what is left as well Wink

im not complaining, im very blessed and lucky tht i have the job that i do and make the money that i do. However, i also work 60 hours a week most weeks in order to make that money.
Uncle Sam takes away all the OT after about 50 hours and that aint right.
Personally i would love to see the flat tax come in. Everybody pay the same, everytime, everywhere.
I get paid around $2,100 a month. After taxes are taken out, it's around $1,500. I did get a $4,000 tax return this year though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:im not complaining, im very blessed and lucky tht i have the job that i do and make the money that i do. However, i also work 60 hours a week most weeks in order to make that money.
Uncle Sam takes away all the OT after about 50 hours and that aint right.
Personally i would love to see the flat tax come in. Everybody pay the same, everytime, everywhere.
I doubt you are "lucky". You seem to be blessed with a good work ethic and it's paying off now. Don't shortchange yourself RunItUpTheGut, I'm safe in saying you've earned your way.

Disclaimer: I am in no way implying that those that do not earn a lot of money, do not work hard.
^A good work ethic does not always add up to a staggeringly high salary/wage. Some very very hard working people make a little over $8 per hour or less. My wife worked herself sick sometimes 10-12 hours a day as a CNA/SRNA in different nursing homes at different times. One of them she made a little over $8 per hour and the other was $9 per hour. Both of them she would have 8-9 hours on an entire wing by herself. Sometimes moving 250 pound people by herself. For those that know her, that is at LEAST double her weight. In case you do not know what a nurse aide does at a nursing home, it would gross you out to know half of it.

Also, A buddy of mine that is in the same field as me works 60 hours per week not counting Sunday when he is in the pulpit and in meetings most of the day. Nor does that count funerals, unplanned hospital visits, etc... He makes about $30,000 salary. May not sound like much to many, but it is double what I make and I pastor two churches. (he works more hours than me with one though, I am not patting myself on the back by any means)

Don't get me wrong, the last thing I am concerned with is money. I am not chastising anyone that is concerned with it, it is hard to get by without it. I never said living by faith is an easy thing. John Wesley, a famous church leader and leader of the Methodist/Holiness movement even stated, "Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can." So nothing wrong with being rewarded for your work.

*Disclaimer* I am one of the laziest people that I know, and I am being dead honest. It is sad to say, but true. I am just saying that work-ethic does not always equal high-income. It certainly helps and aids in promotions and higher salary/wages but does not always equate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I have paid into taxes for the past 3 years. The first one was to the tune of 3500. The second 2400. And this year went down. Only had to pay back 1000. That's on top of paying in close to 20,000 through the year. And I'm freaking married.
You can't count FICA on each check as part of that 20K. That's not taxes, that's social security and medicare. I highly doubt you pay 20K in Federal and State taxes of that amount. If you do, you make a ton of money.
^^That's what takes the biggest chunk out of my paydays. I really don't know much when it comes to taxes, so I just lump it all together when talking about what's taken out of my pay, lol.
LWC Wrote:^A good work ethic does not always add up to a staggeringly high salary/wage. Some very very hard working people make a little over $8 per hour or less. My wife worked herself sick sometimes 10-12 hours a day as a CNA/SRNA in different nursing homes at different times. One of them she made a little over $8 per hour and the other was $9 per hour. Both of them she would have 8-9 hours on an entire wing by herself. Sometimes moving 250 pound people by herself. For those that know her, that is at LEAST double her weight. In case you do not know what a nurse aide does at a nursing home, it would gross you out to know half of it.

Also, A buddy of mine that is in the same field as me works 60 hours per week not counting Sunday when he is in the pulpit and in meetings most of the day. Nor does that count funerals, unplanned hospital visits, etc... He makes about $30,000 salary. May not sound like much to many, but it is double what I make and I pastor two churches. (he works more hours than me with one though, I am not patting myself on the back by any means)

Don't get me wrong, the last thing I am concerned with is money. I am not chastising anyone that is concerned with it, it is hard to get by without it. I never said living by faith is an easy thing. John Wesley, a famous church leader and leader of the Methodist/Holiness movement even stated, "Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can." So nothing wrong with being rewarded for your work.

*Disclaimer* I am one of the laziest people that I know, and I am being dead honest. It is sad to say, but true. I am just saying that work-ethic does not always equal high-income. It certainly helps and aids in promotions and higher salary/wages but does not always equate.
I don't think always was in or implied in my post. I will say that "most" people that succeed while working for themselves or for the man are more likely to be hard workers than lucky. That's all.
TheRealVille Wrote:You can't count FICA on each check as part of that 20K. That's not taxes, that's social security and medicare. I highly doubt you pay 20K in Federal and State taxes of that amount. If you do, you make a ton of money.

I'm going by what my W2 said..

And it's not like I make a lot of money.. I worked between 77 and 66 hours a week at 19 an hour. I didn't even take a day off all last october. I claimed married and 0 through the year..

So believe me or not. that's how it goes.. I was deducted at least 800 dollars depending on what I made from each check i recieved. So at 26 checks plus a couple extra ones for bonuses do the math.. Like I said.. it was close to 20,000.

And even if that is FICA (which some of it could be) it doesnt' matter cause it's not like i'll ever get to see that money. After my generation I don't konw if there will be anyone left to pay into it.. So if it automatically comes out of what I earn. then who else to blame but the government.

And I have no deductions. No kids, and I don't own a home no more.. So maybe the cpa or tax person is shitty.. I don't know.. But I'm absolutely sick of paying in every year.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.