Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA players reject owners' offer
NEW YORK -- NBA players delivered a resounding but risky response to one more ultimatum from NBA commissioner David Stern: See you in court.

The players' association rejected the league's latest proposal for a new labor deal Monday and began disbanding, paving the way for a yet-to-be filed lawsuit and throwing the 2011-12 season into jeopardy.

Negotiating went nowhere, so now the union is going away.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/723418...unter-says

Looks as if the NBA Season may NOT happen.

OH WELL. GO CATS!!!!! :Cheerlead
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Greed on both sides.
OffTheHook Wrote:NEW YORK -- NBA players delivered a resounding but risky response to one more ultimatum from NBA commissioner David Stern: See you in court.

The players' association rejected the league's latest proposal for a new labor deal Monday and began disbanding, paving the way for a yet-to-be filed lawsuit and throwing the 2011-12 season into jeopardy.

Negotiating went nowhere, so now the union is going away.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/723418...unter-says

Looks as if the NBA Season may NOT happen.

OH WELL. GO CATS!!!!! :Cheerlead

Yepper, Paypal Cal has a nice semi pro team in Lexington. This bunch of one and done's better think twice before jumping to the pros next year. There may not be any NBA for some time to come.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:[/B]

Yepper, Paypal Cal has a nice semi pro team in Lexington. This bunch of one and done's better think twice before jumping to the pros next year. There may not be any NBA for some time to come.

Sucks for the rest of the college nation then .
^Great for us though!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I don't get it, wasn't it a 50/50 deal? How can the players pass on that?

Word is Kobe was in favor of the deal, he went and spoke to Fisher and several of the players urging them to accept the deal.
It was 50/50 but it had a lot of clauses added in that weren't in favor of the players.
The players said they would take 50/50 if they cut them a break in a few other spots.
This deal raised the age limit and gave the owners an option to drop two of their roster players down to the D-League at any time and didn't have to pay them according to their contract when doing so. There was a couple of other big issues but I don't remember the details.
IMO they're better off letting a court handle this if they ever want to get anywhere.
Both sides are acting like grade school children on the playground fighting over the jungle gym.
If I have to hear another statement from David Stern I'm going to get sick.
He said with this last deal they offered that if the players rejected they wouldn't get another one that was as favorable.
Then when they disband because they obviously don't like the best they can offer...
he says that they were getting close to a deal and the players "blew it up".
Heaven forbid someone call their bluff....
How "irresponsible" of them!
The thing is....
the players aren't asking for a better deal...
they're just asking for one that isn't miles away from the last one.
The fact that most franchises are losing money throws a real wrench into the whole thing.
I bet Liggions and Knight wished they would have stayed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
^Maybe not. They are getting paid to sit on their behinds, I'd take it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^Maybe not. They are getting paid to sit on their behinds, I'd take it.

Do they get paid anyway?
Greed, Greed, Greed
Westside Wrote:Do they get paid anyway?

You would think so, they signed contracts that they are obligated to, you figure owners would be obligated to do the same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I thought you couldn't sign until the lockout was done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]