Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Paul deal on hold
after owners who didnt get paul got butt hurt this happened

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story...ources-say
LOL i absolutely love it!
lol
I wonder what happens now.
I think it was a bad trade for the lakers anyway. I wonder how Gasol feels now about being on the trade bubble.
what do you have to say now Wildcat?
after saying the league was pushing Paul to LA and now Stern cockblocks it
Best thing that ever happened to Paul....
The NBA is rigged? but more improtantly I think this causes team chemistry issues with the lakers. If I were gasol I would be upset and hurt about this. As well as Odom. Like Aslan said the other day CP3 is aging and prone to injuries so he isnt that good anymore, right? I still disagree with that. Laker or not he is the best PG in the league! There will finally be a member of the lakers team that I like. But my hate for Kobe more than cancels that out
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
All 3 teams are filing an appeal to reverse the decision and Paul is looking to file a lawsuit....

Dan Gilbert sent a heated email urging that this be overturned but I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

IMO the Rockets and the Hornets were the winners in this one. With the Hornets being the biggest winner of all.

Sure the Lakers got CP3 but they gave up the most versatile big man in the league(maybe ever) and the reigning 6th man of the year. The Hornets were getting 3 quality players who will all play big minutes and a first round draft pick to boot.
If the Lakers don't get Howard the trade would have been a BUST.
David Stern is a joke. Period.

I obviously don't have enough evidence to go around saying the NBA is rigged, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if some big scandal involving him broke loose on the news one day.
^ Take a look on YouTube for the 1985 NBA draft lottery. Somebody made a video on there pointing out and leaving "bubble" comments on the screen as he selects the New York Knicks to have the number one overall pick (which they used for Patrick Ewing). It will definitely make you wonder about Stern!

I also have nothing really either for or against the Knicks.
Hornets have resubmitted the trade
^ Just heard that as well. I wonder what this means. I wonder if they had to restructure, or if they just resubmitted the same deal
League wants Hornets to take more draft picks and Lakers can't get rid of so much salary. It's all BS. Only interest Stern has in this is he wants to make the Hornets franchise more promising and easier to sell.
I would LOVE to give up more draft picks in order to keep Odom!
Aslan Wrote:League wants Hornets to take more draft picks and Lakers can't get rid of so much salary. It's all BS. Only interest Stern has in this is he wants to make the Hornets franchise more promising and easier to sell.

Well, that's good business and not so stupid....
Virtually all of the owners issue going into the labor negotiations was the "Carmello Affect". Teams going into the debate wanted to end players working themselves out of the contracts that they signed by demanding not only a trade, but those players brokering those trades. so, what do we get no sooner than the ink has dried, players such as CP3 and howard saying "I want out, and this is where I want to go". Screw them! I hope the league office holds on this crap!

To have players sign HUGE deals and then demand they want out of those deals and go to where they want to go is what's BS! Honor your contract. Go into Free Agency and then sign with whoever you want!
Stardust Wrote:Virtually all of the owners issue going into the labor negotiations was the "Carmello Affect". Teams going into the debate wanted to end players working themselves out of the contracts that they signed by demanding not only a trade, but those players brokering those trades. so, what do we get no sooner than the ink has dried, players such as CP3 and howard saying "I want out, and this is where I want to go". Screw them! I hope the league office holds on this crap!

To have players sign HUGE deals and then demand they want out of those deals and go to where they want to go is what's BS! Honor your contract. Go into Free Agency and then sign with whoever you want!

All of that sounds great...
but the players STILL have leverage that the owners have to respect.
Let's say Stern cockblocks this trade again to make the Hornets more "marketable".
Then at the end of the season Chris Paul signs with the Lakers as a free agent.
They get one more season of "marketability", their superstar leaves, and they get absolutely NOTHING.
If they really want to stop this.....they will take the ability to "opt out" of a contract away from a player.
Melo and Paul had/have all the leverage they want because if they don't like the trade they don't have to sign the extension.
zaga_fan Wrote:All of that sounds great...
but the players STILL have leverage that the owners have to respect.
Let's say Stern cockblocks this trade again to make the Hornets more "marketable".
Then at the end of the season Chris Paul signs with the Lakers as a free agent.
They get one more season of "marketability", their superstar leaves, and they get absolutely NOTHING.
If they really want to stop this.....they will take the ability to "opt out" of a contract away from a player.
Melo and Paul had/have all the leverage they want because if they don't like the trade they don't have to sign the extension.

Wait a minute, how do the players have the leverage? By sitting out? Trades happen ALL the time, but not because the players "COCKBLOCK" the team that has them under contract. The Opt Out is for both player and team, so, it's just as easy for the team who just paid the salary of a player who never lives up to his contract, to opt out of it just as easy as it is for a player to opt out of a trade. Opt Out is not just one way. As for players killing trades, that perfectly fine. A player that has been in the league for 5 years gets that right, and I have no problem with having a say in their trades. Play within the rules, thus players sign a contract, honor it! If your team can't find you a home that you want, take your chances of going to the team that you want in Free Agency. BUT, let's not forget, players who decide to go to Free Agency know that they can't sign MAX deals, thus, that's the reason they want to hold their teams hostages! The only way that small market teams have a chance is to end this crap of players demanding trades in the middle of their contracts! The small market teams still have an advantage once the contract is up because a player cannot make as much money at the new team than they can their current team. Like I said, Carmello screwed the Nuggets and set the tone for the current NBA. It's time for this to be nipped now!
The New Orleans Hornets' three-team trade with the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets that would land Chris Paul in L.A. has been resubmitted to the league office for approval, according to sources close to the talks.

The specific changes to the original trade scenario were not immediately available, but sources told ESPN.com that a reconfigured trade has been presented by the league-owned Hornets to NBA commissioner David Stern in hopes that he'll approve this construction after vetoing Thursday's trade in principle.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story...esubmitted
^ We know, we've been talking about it for an hour
^ SK is always lateConfusednicker:
Stardust Wrote:Wait a minute, how do the players have the leverage? By sitting out? Trades happen ALL the time, but not because the players "COCKBLOCK" the team that has them under contract. The Opt Out is for both player and team, so, it's just as easy for the team who just paid the salary of a player who never lives up to his contract, to opt out of it just as easy as it is for a player to opt out of a trade. Opt Out is not just one way. As for players killing trades, that perfectly fine. A player that has been in the league for 5 years gets that right, and I have no problem with having a say in their trades. Play within the rules, thus players sign a contract, honor it! If your team can't find you a home that you want, take your chances of going to the team that you want in Free Agency. BUT, let's not forget, players who decide to go to Free Agency know that they can't sign MAX deals, thus, that's the reason they want to hold their teams hostages! The only way that small market teams have a chance is to end this crap of players demanding trades in the middle of their contracts! The small market teams still have an advantage once the contract is up because a player cannot make as much money at the new team than they can their current team. Like I said, Carmello screwed the Nuggets and set the tone for the current NBA. It's time for this to be nipped now!

The players have leverage because the team can...
A.)Trade them and get something
or
B.)Keep them and get nothing

That's about as simple as I can put it
zaga_fan Wrote:The players have leverage because the team can...
A.)Trade them and get something
or
B.)Keep them and get nothing

That's about as simple as I can put it

In a day where the player wants to get, as they say " get PAID", they can leave and make less money. So, it does not sound like the player who has all the leverage! Lebron did not need to go to another team to make a big salary. He was one of the few who makes more away from basketball then he does with basketball. If the Nuggets would have held firm on Carmello, he would have caved to the money he would have got at Denver. Denver did not want to take the chance, that was their stupidity.