Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 66 - Perry County Central 56
Final
I would have loved to have watched this game.
Scott County's work on the boards won them this game.
Perry probably held them to a respectable percentage...
but they got 2 and 3 looks at the basket on offense half the night.

Jaysean had a good game. Dalton struggled finishing in the paint. Braxton did alright but had a few plays he wishes he had back. Trevor was in foul trouble and struggled shooting. And Austin Pray needed to get his head in the game. I know it's frustrating with the playing time that he's losing....but he would have had a lot of minutes tonight if it wasn't for the mental mistakes. When you're one of the few players that has someone to sub in your spot on a team that isn't very deep you're always on a short leash. I expect this team to get better as they start to feel each other out and play some more of that 2-3 matchup they were playing tonight.
It's a hard defense to run, and Scott County made them pay tonight.

It's safe to say that after this loss Knott County is the best team in the 14th right now.
Perry hasn't played up to their potential yet but they've had plenty of chances.
This may even drop them down below Buckhorn.
However, the Wildcats did blow a pretty safe lead late in their game tonight.
It was a great game would of loved to waited about another month to played this game.pcc needs a little more time to transition paige into the plays hes getting better with ever game.by the end of the season we should be a force to reckon with. i hope
Hey zaga are you nuts? below buckhorn, really. PCC plays the best D in the mountains, it's not like Scott is a terrible team. They are in the top 3 in the state. Perry played a good game against them, but they do need to learn to rebound out of the zone. That really killed them tonight. Beverly had a tough time against their quickness coming up the floor, but was getting man handled "a little bit" tonight. They were running two guys at him all night and it definitely wore him down. No one in the 14th can do that to them. Perry will definitely be playing better after Christmas when all is said and done. I too believe that Knott is a little ahead in the offense department, but Knott hasn't went against any teams that play defense yet either. Will be a tough matchup when they meet in Feb. But I do believe that these two teams are far above everyone else in the 14th region. Congrats to Scott for a good win, good luck to all the 14th region teams as they play in their holiday tourneys, Merry Christmas to you all!
I didn't see Dalton Cornett on the floor all night..Am I missing something?
He didn't rebound very well, but he was there waiting on the dish inside, sometimes he finished, sometimes he didn't. He definitely needs to quit dribbling the ball everytime he gets it, he is too big for that. He needs to get it and go up strong without the extra dribble. I would make his butt run sprints everytime he does it. He will get better, but they all have some work to do.
Perry looked better tonight. But can still get better. Cornett is really going to have to step up. Biggest guy on the court tonight but sure didn't play like it.
Ballers and MVP2 was suppose to keep me updated on the games tonight. Don't know what happened there
Congrats Scott County
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think a big key in the game was Scott County did a very good job defending Beverly. He had to work extremely hard just to get the ball across center line, and then the defense disrupted the flow of Perry's offense which relies on Beverly to get it going. Billy kept throwing fresh legs against him. He is a very good player, being an 8th grader and handling himself like he does is amazing. But Scott took him out of his rythem tonight.

The other factor that hurt Perry was they gave Scott too many 2nd and 3rd attempts to score, but with all fairness to the Perry kids Scott is a long, quick team. They challenged every interior shot taken by Perry.

And Perry's Cornett did not impress me with his play. He's a little slow, has weak hands, and missed or fumbled numerous passes where he should have had easy baskets. Oh, he'll do all right against most mountain competition due to lack of size by the huge majority of those teams, but against the Big Boys from the Golden Triangle and western Kentucky he will struggle, if what I saw tonight was an indication of how he usually plays. Maybe he just had a bad game. I haven't seen him play but a few times.

Paige looked like the real deal tonight. He sometimes tries to do too much and not involve his teammates, but tonight it work well for him. He hit some big 3's and battled hard on the boards. He also had a fantastic dunk toward the end of the game that got the crowd excited.

I also was impressed with the Gilbert kid who transferred to Scott County from Wolfe County after his 8th grade year. He was deadeye from 3 land late in the game, at one time hitting 3 straight.
PCC didnt play well again tonite. Not making excuses because Scott is the better team and with the pressure defense they have its really hard to look good on offense. PCC got killed on the boards tonight as zaga fan said, scott got 2 or 3 looks every trip down it seemed. I have to agree we zaga that KCC is the best team in the mtns and buckhorn is in 2nd. Until someone knocks them off thats the way it is. PCC better start gettn better fast or this team could fall apart!!!!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I think a big key in the game was Scott County did a very good job defending Beverly. He had to work extremely hard just to get the ball across center line, and then the defense disrupted the flow of Perry's offense which relies on Beverly to get it going. Billy kept throwing fresh legs against him. He is a very good player, being an 8th grader and handling himself like he does is amazing. But Scott took him out of his rythem tonight.

The other factor that hurt Perry was they gave Scott too many 2nd and 3rd attempts to score, but with all fairness to the Perry kids Scott is a long, quick team. They challenged every interior shot taken by Perry.

And Perry's Cornett did not impress me with his play. He's a little slow, has weak hands, and missed or fumbled numerous passes where he should have had easy baskets. Oh, he'll do all right against most mountain competition due to lack of size by the huge majority of those teams, but against the Big Boys from the Golden Triangle and western Kentucky he will struggle, if what I saw tonight was an indication of how he usually plays. Maybe he just had a bad game. I haven't seen him play but a few times.

Paige looked like the real deal tonight. He sometimes tries to do too much and not involve his teammates, but tonight it work well for him. He hit some big 3's and battled hard on the boards. He also had a fantastic dunk toward the end of the game that got the crowd excited.

I also was impressed with the Gilbert kid who transferred to Scott County from Wolfe County after his 8th grade year. He was deadeye from 3 land late in the game, at one time hitting 3 straight.

GREAT POST!!! Everything he is saying is true. Until this team grows up to be men, they will continue struggling against great teams.
I'm glad I was at this game. People in the mountains, and especially the 14th region, are being treated to fantastic year with the eligibility of Paige. I'm sorry to those of you who are waiting for the next Richie Farmer or Shannon Hoskins (legit country boy ballers), but Jaysean Paige is here! This kid was hyped up so much, I went just to find something wrong with his game. I expected a showboating city kid that would struggle mightily against one of the top teams in the state due to his lack of practice time. What I got to see was an amazing athlete put on quite a show. Playing against 2 of the better players in the state, Paige was the best player on the floor, PERIOD! The lob he went up and got in the second quarter, although it wasn't a clean finish, gave me goosebumps. He made moves around the basket that I haven't seen in this area EVER. His jumpshot is a smooth stroke, and consistent. I was in awe, and it was a joy to watch.

As for the rest of the game, Scott County is excellent. They play defense, and I mean they get in your shorts. Beverly was a total non-factor. They took him completely out of his game. Cornett was very inconsistent down low and looked simply lost at times on defense. He has to be better in order for Perry to edge Knott Central. Perry, a very good high school team, just didn't have the ability to jump with the Cards in the paint and gave up too many second and third chance opportunities.

I haven't seen Knott play yet this year, but I believe the region comes down to them and PCC. Buckhorn is capable of beating anyone on a given night, but they are NOT as good as PCC.

Great day of basketball in Hazard, and for those of you curious to see Paige play, don't put it off. The kid is a baller!
norm Wrote:i'm glad i was at this game. People in the mountains, and especially the 14th region, are being treated to fantastic year with the eligibility of paige. I'm sorry to those of you who are waiting for the next richie farmer or shannon hoskins (legit country boy ballers), but jaysean paige is here! This kid was hyped up so much, i went just to find something wrong with his game. I expected a showboating city kid that would struggle mightily against one of the top teams in the state due to his lack of practice time. What i got to see was an amazing athlete put on quite a show. Playing against 2 of the better players in the state, paige was the best player on the floor, period! The lob he went up and got in the second quarter, although it wasn't a clean finish, gave me goosebumps. He made moves around the basket that i haven't seen in this area ever. His jumpshot is a smooth stroke, and consistent. I was in awe, and it was a joy to watch.

As for the rest of the game, scott county is excellent. They play defense, and i mean they get in your shorts. beverly was a total non-factor. They took him completely out of his game. Cornett was very inconsistent down low and looked simply lost at times on defense. He has to be better in order for perry to edge knott central. Perry, a very good high school team, just didn't have the ability to jump with the cards in the paint and gave up too many second and third chance opportunities.

I haven't seen knott play yet this year, but i believe the region comes down to them and pcc. Buckhorn is capable of beating anyone on a given night, but they are not as good as pcc.

Great day of basketball in hazard, and for those of you curious to see paige play, don't put it off. the kid is a baller!

true!!! And true!!!!!!
I totally agree with the above post by Norm....
Congrats to Scott County. I sure would have liked to have been at this game.
PCC has all the pieces to be considered as one of the best teams in the state. NOT the BEST, but one of the best. Im wondering if they are going to be able to put it together and get everyone on the same page. I think the 50's is not where they win games. Just hope he lets this team go!!!
I have posted before that Paige would be truly amazing in an uptempo offense, he's pretty spectacular in this boring slow down thing at Perry now. So, how tall is the Beverly kid going to end up? He really had a hard time with the long athletic Scott Co. bunch.
I'm so glad that Norm enjoyed Paige so much. I for one wish he would recruit Paige over to his school. I think bringing in Paige is what is wrong with the PCC team They seemed a much more organized team and were winning their ballgames before Paige became eligable. Paige hasn't come around to the Commodore type of play and the team has to be on the same page (pun intended). As a coach, is Hatcher going to try to make his entire team adjust to fit Paige's style after Hatcher has spent so much time training them to do what he wants? Also, knowing that next year Paige will be gone and he will need to go back to what he has always had.

As for me, I wanted so bad to pull for PCC this years, mainly because I really like the player that Beverly is. But, I have now watched 3 PCC games since Paige became eligable, and I'm just not going to be able to jump on the Jaysean Paige train. I just do not like the fact that he was brought in from New York and has taken the playing time away from our local boys. I can't enjoy the game because I sit there all night wanting to boo him even when he does something great. I am just not going to be able to support any of the teams that has made the decision to bring these kids in here this year.

Guess I will be a Patriot fan at least one more year!
"I was really amazed at the scott/pcc game last night. I cant believe we bring a very good team all the way to pcc and treat them this way. The refs were a complete joke lastnight. No excuse to call the game that way!!! It was totally one sided for the whole game!! When you look at the 4th quarter scoring you will see exactly what im talking about. No excuse for this at all, sure hope scott gets a little better treatment where ever they may go. I understand the home team gets the 50/50 and a couple more calls, but no excuse for that lastnight."

I borrowed most of this quote from ballstar in the Scott vs. Hazard thread, just replaced hhs with pcc!

Can't believe no one is talking about the officals. At one time in the second half the foul difference was 10 on Scott 1 on perry. Shameful!!! On a neutral Scott wins by 30!!!
ANEWPAT Wrote:Guess I will be a Patriot fan at least one more year!

So what your saying is its ok to recruit mountain kids, just not kids from out of state......
Congrats to Scott. I'm going to try to find a game i can catch of Paige to see what all the hype is about. Would also like to see the Beverly kid in action.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:"I was really amazed at the scott/pcc game last night. I cant believe we bring a very good team all the way to pcc and treat them this way. The refs were a complete joke lastnight. No excuse to call the game that way!!! It was totally one sided for the whole game!! When you look at the 4th quarter scoring you will see exactly what im talking about. No excuse for this at all, sure hope scott gets a little better treatment where ever they may go. I understand the home team gets the 50/50 and a couple more calls, but no excuse for that lastnight."

I borrowed most of this quote from ballstar in the Scott vs. Hazard thread, just replaced hhs with pcc!

Can't believe no one is talking about the officals. At one time in the second half the foul difference was 10 on Scott 1 on perry. Shameful!!! On a neutral Scott wins by 30!!!

:haters::haters::haters:
ANEWPAT Wrote:I'm so glad that Norm enjoyed Paige so much. I for one wish he would recruit Paige over to his school.

With my whole heart, I do too!
ANEWPAT Wrote:As a coach, is Hatcher going to try to make his entire team adjust to fit Paige's style after Hatcher has spent so much time training them to do what he wants?

He will, and he should!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:"I was really amazed at the scott/pcc game last night. I cant believe we bring a very good team all the way to pcc and treat them this way. The refs were a complete joke lastnight. No excuse to call the game that way!!! It was totally one sided for the whole game!! When you look at the 4th quarter scoring you will see exactly what im talking about. No excuse for this at all, sure hope scott gets a little better treatment where ever they may go. I understand the home team gets the 50/50 and a couple more calls, but no excuse for that lastnight."

I really can't even take you serious any more. :dudecomeon:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I really can't even take you serious any more. :dudecomeon:

Its the truth gt75!!! Or the score board was wrong!!!

Honestly, if both games were on a neutral floor with neutral ref's Scott would have beat Hazard by as bad as they wanted and Scott would have beat pcc by 20 plus!!!

And being even more honest Paige would be the third or fourth best player on Scott County's team!!!

And I really don't care if you take me serious any more gt75 because I've never taken you serious!!!
So at first, PCC fans were so ecited to get Paige thinking he would put them as a lock to win region.
Now, some of you are saying he's whats wrong with the team and needs to go?

lol
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Its the truth gt75!!! Or the score board was wrong!!!

Honestly, if both games were on a neutral floor with neutral ref's Scott would have beat Hazard by as bad as they wanted and Scott would have beat pcc by 20 plus!!!

And being even more honest Paige would be the third or fourth best player on Scott County's team!!!

And I really don't care if you take me serious any more gt75 because I've never taken you serious!!!

To the first bolded part, your just mad Paige didn't go to Hazard. To the second, good to know, feeling is mutual.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So at first, PCC fans were so ecited to get Paige thinking he would put them as a lock to win region.
Now, some of you are saying he's whats wrong with the team and needs to go?

lol

I can't figure that one out either. People don't seem to realize 3 games and 4 practices isn't enough to get him completely gelled with the team, they will be singing a different tune next month.