Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else won't be watching the rematch on Monday?
I will not be watching nor will I watch any highlights of this rematch.
May I ask why?

And I for one will be watching it, and I will be recording it so I can watch it over and over again!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'll tune in here and there...but I always watch Monday Night Raw.
Cincy vs. Gtown Basketball, and I'll be checking in to see how Cincinnatian Spencer Ware is doing for LSU
I can't watch it, I have a game that night. If I get home in time I might watch the tail end of it
I'm not watching it either. I've already seen it, and I hate reruns!
Yes i will.
Its the best two teams in the country playing the game of football.
Won't watch because I refuse to watch a national championship game where one team could not even win their own conference.

And before anyone cries it's me hating on the SEC, it's not.Ohio State could be the could be playing in this as the 2nd best team in their own divison on the big ten and I would not watch.
The two best teams are playing.

If you don't watch it you'll be mad at yourself because this could go down as one of the best games ever..

Hard hitting football = good stuff.

Alabama - 24
LSU - 21

Bama kicker game winner.. Yes Bama kicker
To go through the entire football season and then not watch that sports crowning moment, because you don't think the team should be there because they didn't win their conference???? Full well knowing that this is legitimately two GREAT teams and if there was a playoff system, these two teams would be in the same spot, that's remarkably ludicrous.

We don't have a playoff system, we we are playing with the rules that are in place. This reason would be like saying I won't watch LA Lakers play in the finals, because they didn't even win their conference! It's the system, and this system is not flawed for this game. Anyone who does not think these are the TWO best teams in the country really does not know football!

Neither of these teams are my favorite team. My favorite team does not play in the SEC. But because I have invested the past five months on a sport that I love, I'll be damned if I will miss the "Super Bowl" of the sport, no matter who is playing in it!
2 best teams in the nation of course im watching this one
The first game(I did not watch)I was told by a guy at work who tried to watch it put him to sleep.
I will be watching it
No matter how much some people dont like it, they cant deny that these are the two best teams in the country.
Of course I'll be watching. At first I was really, really against an LSU-Bama National Championship because of the reasons mentioned...and I still think Ok St should be in it instead of Bama, but, these are the 2 best teams, in New Orleans at the Sugar Bowl...these fans are going to be crazy and so so loud.

I can't freakin' wait. I think it'll be alot different, and higher scoring, than the first match-up.
Okay I have a question. If (because I'm not convinced these are the two best teams, I think OK St. and their vertical attack could play with LSU, remember WVU put over 500 yards of total offense against them), LSU is the best team and Bama the second best team then why are some AP voters saying that if LSU loses, they will still vote LSU #1? If Bama beats them they have split during the year and what have we proved? And trying to compare this will the NFL or NBA is dumb, both of those leagues have a playoff, college football doesn't have a playoff.
Absolutely ill be watching. I can see why some people dont like the idea of a rematch, they want to see OK State get a chance. If there was a playoff though, in all honesty how many people think the championship game would be any different? With a plus 1 it would have been LSU-Stanford Bama-Ok State. Could Stanford or Ok State play that type of competition in consecutive weeks and keep the game close? I for one dont think so. Neither of the 2 played ranked teams in consecutive weeks all season and combined have only done it once in the past 4 years. Any other year I would say they would put up a fight but even though this year is a rematch for the title game, its the way it should be. The 2 best teams, who are head and shoulders above anyone else are playing for the national title.
Big East, I think we would have the same voters saying the same thing if OK State was in the game.
NothingTrivial Wrote:Absolutely ill be watching. I can see why some people dont like the idea of a rematch, they want to see OK State get a chance. If there was a playoff though, in all honesty how many people think the championship game would be any different? With a plus 1 it would have been LSU-Stanford Bama-Ok State. Could Stanford or Ok State play that type of competition in consecutive weeks and keep the game close? I for one dont think so. Neither of the 2 played ranked teams in consecutive weeks all season and combined have only done it once in the past 4 years. Any other year I would say they would put up a fight but even though this year is a rematch for the title game, its the way it should be. The 2 best teams, who are head and shoulders above anyone else are playing for the national title.

But how could theyjustify not watching this game just because they think OSU (or any other team) should be in this game? I'd want to watch it so I could prove to myself and then tell others why another team should be in this game. This thread is about not watching the Championship just because you think another team should be in it?????
The first game was a beast! Fans now are dead set on high scoring offenses and arieal shootouts. Defense, Defense, Defense! The two correct teams are playing for a title. if you dont watch this game its your fault! Bama would beat OK state by 2 tds!
I just rationalizing these peoples thoughts SD. I for one will watch and enjoy. Personally I dont think any other team in the nation comes close to deserving to be there more than Alabama. Im watching for the same reason as you, I dont see why anyone who enjoyed the sport would follow for 4+ months and not watch the championship.
I'm exciting right now for it. Hell yeah I'll will be watching. A hard hitting SEC matchup for to the National Title. How the hell could you miss it or even to think to watch something else? Go Tigers!
I don't see why everyone is starting to like a high scoring game so much. You give me a smash mouth/low scoring game with amazing Defense. I'll be a happy man!

Roll Tide! Smile
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Finally the day is here - "Let's get it on"
If you dont watch this game you just dont like football.........:insane:
I will watch it. Last game of the season.
These are the two best teams in the country, regardless if they are in the same conference. The first game was a defensive battle, and I assume this one will be the same, because they are also the best two defensive teams in the country.

Why would I want to watch LSU beat Oklahoma State 45-7 when I can watch these two powerhouses go at it again? The goal of the BCS is not to make sure two teams who have already played a conference game, and one lost, doesn't play again, the goal is to have the best two teams in the nation in the championship game, and they have succeeded.
Dr. B Wrote:If you dont watch this game you just dont like football.........:insane:

...or maybe the SEC.Confusedhh:
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:...or maybe the SEC.Confusedhh:
I think you just hit the nail on the head, for the ones that aren't watching. But, I'm watching.