Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batman: Superhero Yes/No
An old debate, but one that I don't think I have seen here. Is Batman a superhero, or do superhero's require super powers? Bruce Wayne is a SUPER Rich man, who has developed super great toys. Just as Tony Stark is a Rich genius who has manufactured a super weapon, Bruce is a mere mortal until he puts on his expensive suit and gadgets.

Does he maintain the same status as say, Superman who was born with Super Powers, Spiderman who developed and has maintained Super Powers after being bit by a Spider? What is Robo-Cop?

What are your thoughts, what is a Superhero? Is Batman any more of a Superhero than say, Rambo, Jason Bourne or - - - - Chuck Norris:biggrin:
Hmmmm....
Well, in my (old) opinion, I think you are defined by the works that you do or choose not to do. So, being a superhero wouldn't have much to do with what you obtained from a spider bite or congenital abilities.
For example, take Spiderman who may choose to sit back and not afford the effort to save a helpless child from falling from a tree. Then take Stardust, who would break his neck to get to the same child. Who's the superhero???
Stardust, of course.
^Don't inflate Dusty's ego any more than it already is, lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wow, LWC, you are right!!! Never entered my mind that he would take that personally...I'm so stupid.

Sooooo, here's the story:
For example, take Spiderman who may choose to sit back and not afford the effort to save a helpless child from falling from a tree. Then take LWC, who would break his neck to get to the same child. Who's the superhero???
LWC, of course.

(better?) LOL
Granny Bear Wrote:Wow, LWC, you are right!!! Never entered my mind that he would take that personally...I'm so stupid.

For example, take Spiderman who may choose to sit back and not afford the effort to save a helpless child from falling from a tree. Then take LWC, who would break his neck to get to the same child. Who's the superhero???
LWC, of course.

(better?) LOL

Ok, now this thread has gotten STUPID!!!!Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Wow, LWC, you are right!!! Never entered my mind that he would take that personally...I'm so stupid.

LWC, of course.

(better?) LOL

Now that's more like it Big Grin :1: :Clap: j/k
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You guys and your egos!!
Love it.
I don't think he's a super-hero but a hero...look how many times he's protected Gotham City
^ I can buy Hero

I'd say LWC could be a HERO

But, we all have to admit, Stardust is a SUPERHERO
Aww com'on Dusty, where's your self esteem??
Oh, and by the way, I want another green bar!!
You gave that hack, RunItUpTheGut another one!!
Batman is a super hero and his super power is the bat mobile
Superpowers are simply extra.

The Punisher, Iron Man, The Green Lantern...
Superheroes just need a comic book lol
speaking of green bars, how do you get them to go up? I'm still stuck on distinguished road lol
^
I haven't a clue!!
Batman is a superhero, his "super powers" just happen to be man made...
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh, and by the way, I want another green bar!!
You gave that hack, RunItUpTheGut another one!!

lol, there pointless anyways....
^^
So why did YOU ask for it??
Dusty your my hero Confusednicker:
It's basicly the old "Like" system where you approve someones reputation under the "REP" button on the lower right radio buttons.

Granny, I'm shocked that you even have one green dot....... hehehehe Wink
but it won't let you up your own rep tho
^ LOL, well duhhh. If so, Wideright and HawksRule would have had enough dots to do this for each other

[Image: http://www.drawshop.com/graphics/518/wat...371-35.jpg]
^ lmao
Stardust Wrote:It's basicly the old "Like" system where you approve someones reputation under the "REP" button on the lower right radio buttons.

Granny, I'm shocked that you even have one green dot....... hehehehe Wink

Wow. Me too.
Confusednicker:
Correct me if I'm wrong....

Didn't Batman's character start off as a Detective in the DC comic books???
Then over time, the "Super Criminals" Batman was investigating became to much for Gotham's police to handle, and that's when Batman became a crime fighter of Super Criminals..... Making him a Super Hero.
Wow, never heard that before..
^
In the first ever apperance of "The Bat-Man" (DC Comics, # 27, May 1939), "The Bat-Man" begins to investigate a murder.... The more he investigates, the more people die. "The Bat-Man" gathers clues to who is committing the murders. And "The Bat-Man" is able to defeat the murderous villian.
That is so cool!!

AND not unlike superman, who was a reporter (under cover).
Granny Bear Wrote:^^
So why did YOU ask for it??

Never did. I was asking about it.
^
Bruce Wayne is introduced... (Shown smoking a pipe)
Commissioner Gordon is introduced (Shown smoking a cigar)

Bruce Wayne is at Commissioner Gordon's house, Mr. Wayne asks if there is "anything exciting happening these days". Thats when Commissioner Gordon tells Mr. Wayne about "This fellow called The "Bat-Man', who puzzles me". Then Gordon gets a call about a murder, and the knife found at the scene has the victim's fingerprints all over it. So Gordon and Bruce Wayne go to the crime scene.