Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd O6-07
How do you think south floyd lady raiders will do in the upcoming season?
Depends on if they get a new coach...
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
I think they will improve because the young girls got some experience last year.
they have alrdy improved they r playin team ball and their attitudes r 100% bttr they finally have confidence which is wat they needed! their schedule 4 next yr they shuld win almost evry game! good luck ladies!
I really hope to see the S.F. girl's program get back on its feet. I know these are a good bunch of girls who still go out and play hard even though they are not predicted to do well. I see a bigger improvement from last year too.
they have a little bitty girl that plays for them. I believe her number is 1, not sure oh. What grade is she in? IMO she is a little bit to little to be playing varsity ball. She could hurt really bad. I know when we played them the Hall girl didn't play.
They should be a little better... but I don't see them winning districts or anything
They'll be a little better than last year but won't win districts
baller25 Wrote:they have a little bitty girl that plays for them. I believe her number is 1, not sure oh. What grade is she in? IMO she is a little bit to little to be playing varsity ball. She could hurt really bad. I know when we played them the Hall girl didn't play.

You are crazy if you think Ashley is too small to play. She's one of the best players on the team regardless of her size - and she's a darn good volleyball player too. Maybe you should have watched her play against Sheldon Clark in the All 'A' Classic, just to name one game. She stole the ball several times, and just played awesome what time she was in.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
When I seen South Floyd play they didn't look to good. Dean is what everyone says she is and the point guard could barely handle the ball.
baller25, do not knoww much about basketball, earl bokins do you know who he is if not find out before you talkk about the size of a player, cali was right 7 pts, 4 steal, 1 reb against sheldon clark in 2 minutes. I have talked with at least two of coaches that are in th 15th and they said they would have started her all year if the where in the raiders situation.
The Raiders look a lot better and I think it is Conn (not sure) but when she gets more experience at poiint she will be as good as any in the district and with both tacketts playing well and Damron helping out down low the ywill be fine. tuttle got experience last year and will improve and dean is dean 15 reb 4 points but Tackett and damron will help with the scoring.
58th Dirstrict next season
Pburg 6-0
Betsy Layne 3-3
South Floyd 3-3
Allen Central 0-6
(JMO)
meganwillis10 Wrote:baller25, do not knoww much about basketball, earl bokins do you know who he is if not find out before you talkk about the size of a player, cali was right 7 pts, 4 steal, 1 reb against sheldon clark in 2 minutes. I have talked with at least two of coaches that are in th 15th and they said they would have started her all year if the where in the raiders situation.
The Raiders look a lot better and I think it is Conn (not sure) but when she gets more experience at poiint she will be as good as any in the district and with both tacketts playing well and Damron helping out down low the ywill be fine. tuttle got experience last year and will improve and dean is dean 15 reb 4 points but Tackett and damron will help with the scoring.
58th Dirstrict next season
Pburg 6-0
Betsy Layne 3-3
South Floyd 3-3
Allen Central 0-6
(JMO)

I know plenty about basketball. I live and breath basketball. It is my life. And yes, I know who Earl "Boykins" is. Plays for Denver he is 5'5 the same height as me. With the situation of the "Little Girl" for South Floyd, she is to small. You know there is a difference between small and to small. When being to small and playing varsity ball, you risk injury due to "Bigger, Stronger" girls. And yes, I can see her doing all that, 7 pts, 4 steal, 1 reb. What type of defense was Sheldon Clark playing? How big is teh biggest girl for Sheldon Clark? When the team I play on played South Floyd the entire South Floyd team looked horrible. In an earlier post I said Dean is what everyone said she was..That was a typo being my mistake. It was suppose to say she isn't what everyone said she was. She didn't get a blocked shot against us. And the majority of our shots came from foul line in. The most the "little girl" did was crack us up. At one point during the game our coach was laughing at us because we felt guilty guarding some one that small. All I am sayng is the "little girl" is to SMALL to be playing varsity basketball.
It aint the size of the dog it's the size of the fight in the dog. You can't measure heart.....she has it. U seem more concerned about her safety than she does....If you're worried about hurting people in competitive sports maybe you should play ones with less contact like powder puff football, or join the air hockey team.
Ashley plays hard all the time she never stops hustling whether they are down 10 or 50. She is a joy to watch play, it doesn't matter how tall she is.
You obviously don't know her because if you did you'd know that her size doesn't bother her at all. She has more heart than anyone on that team and is already a great player, and will improve. I mean she was in the 6th grade last year.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
tubthumper Wrote:It aint the size of the dog it's the size of the fight in the dog. You can't measure heart.....she has it. U seem more concerned about her safety than she does....If you're worried about hurting people in competitive sports maybe you should play ones with less contact like powder puff football, or join the air hockey team.

The only reason I am concerned is becuase I am not the one who is going have all the "you hurt the little one". SHE IS TO SMALL!!!
Let's change the subject everybody... back to how the team will be this coming season or something of that sort
The Raiders will be fine and you must play for a team that has NO CLASS!!!!!!!, if you and your coach where laughing you must play for someone that is a joke and the team has no class.

I agree get back on topic. The raiders all have a year experenice and played well over the summer beating Hazard and Cordia, taking Pburg to the wire and should have won it lost by 4 points. lost another game in overtime. Conn broke the press pretty easy and with more playing time she will be the key to the raiders. With Allen Central losing what the did and Betsy Layne being just as young as South Floyd I think they will far pretty well in the district. They will not far so well outside like Magoffin or Pike Central but they still only have one senior this year. So maybe in 2008 they might be a team to watch out for.
Back on topic, depends on how much they improve this summer.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Does any one know why the Hall girl..I believe her first name might be Kayla, didn't play in the Hazard camp?
Never win the 58th!!!!! Pburg has it this year again!
baller25 Wrote:Does any one know why the Hall girl..I believe her first name might be Kayla, didn't play in the Hazard camp?

She injured her arm maybe? She's out for the entire summer I heard.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Cali Wrote:She injured her arm maybe? She's out for the entire summer I heard.

Do you know what she did to her arm. I hope it isnt anything serious. From what I hear she was a pretty good player.
baller25 Wrote:Do you know what she did to her arm. I hope it isnt anything serious. From what I hear she was a pretty good player.

I'm not really sure. I can ask around and find something out though.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
I believe she reinjured her arm again (chiped bone in her elbow).
meganwillis10 Wrote:I believe she reinjured her arm again (chiped bone in her elbow).

Ouch..that could be a bad thing if she doesnt do something about it. I heard someone say the otehr day she tore something in her elbow, which isnt good either.
well i think that the Lady Raiders will do better that ppl r expectin them to do....cause all the players have got high School experience now and they r playing good team ball and there attitudes r GREAT!! good luck lady raiders
Yeah
baller25 Wrote:When I seen South Floyd play they didn't look to good. Dean is what everyone says she is and the point guard could barely handle the ball.
If im not mistaken the point gaurd was danielle tackett and i dont know what you are talking bout she can handle the ball shoot and pass total all around player and heather dean out rebounds most teams she plays aginst
baller25 Wrote:I know plenty about basketball. I live and breath basketball. It is my life. And yes, I know who Earl "Boykins" is. Plays for Denver he is 5'5 the same height as me. With the situation of the "Little Girl" for South Floyd, she is to small. You know there is a difference between small and to small. When being to small and playing varsity ball, you risk injury due to "Bigger, Stronger" girls. And yes, I can see her doing all that, 7 pts, 4 steal, 1 reb. What type of defense was Sheldon Clark playing? How big is teh biggest girl for Sheldon Clark? When the team I play on played South Floyd the entire South Floyd team looked horrible. In an earlier post I said Dean is what everyone said she was..That was a typo being my mistake. It was suppose to say she isn't what everyone said she was. She didn't get a blocked shot against us. And the majority of our shots came from foul line in. The most the "little girl" did was crack us up. At one point during the game our coach was laughing at us because we felt guilty guarding some one that small. All I am sayng is the "little girl" is to SMALL to be playing varsity basketball.

Obvioulsy I dont think you know so much about baskeball as you think you do. Shes is a very small girl very small but I was at the SC and SF game last year this little girl has heart and speed. She was on fire that night. Its not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. Hustle and flow quoate there baby! LOL but maybe you don't wanna be the girl that hurts the little girl. But maybe you ever thought she wants to be the one who comes to the locker room sayign whooooooo I'm playign the game of my life aginst these bigger girls. But if shes good enought to make the team and Obviously she is let her play, you dont think she knows the risk of payign with bigger girls, and she dont care.

A few great short players-Nate Robinson,SPUDD Webb, Mugsy Bouges(sp?), Earl Boykins.