Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(14) Florida 38 - Kentucky 0
I put this loss SOLELY on Morgan Newton and Joker Phillips, along with the rest of the offensive staff decision makers. Newton should've been benched after his 2nd INT and especially at the start of the 2nd half. But nope, didn't happen. Also, the play calling from Newton's 2nd INT on was HORRIBLE.

Our defense played good with the exception of the young secondary (who, let's be honest, played decent considering how young and bet up they are) and made considerable advances in skill and experience. I think we can expect a much better defense for the rest of the season.

This game really doesn't shatter the season for me or anything. I'm confident that when Max is back next week and with our defense doing a lot better, that we can still have a decent season. But, I am sure that THIS game is the proverbial nail in the coffin for Joker at UK, unless he pulls 8 straight out of his ass, which just isn't happening.
Joker's done after this year. I am actually somewhat content with the score, I thought it would be much, much worse.
I think we all see that Newton should not play QB, ever
How in the hell was Newton that highly rated in high school? He sucks
It just shows how poorly this coaching staff has done with evaluating talent!
Newton's OFFERS:

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Kentucky COMMITTED (08/21/2008) Offered None Joker Phillips, Chuck Smith
Clemson None Offered None Rob Spence
Florida None Offered None Dan Mullen
Illinois None Offered None Curt Mallory
Indiana None Offered None Billy Lynch
Miami (FL) None Offered None Patrick Nix
Purdue None Offered None Mark Hagen
South Carolina None Offered None David Reaves
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't see how because he sucks
Much closer than I expected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Newton looked like he had some promise as a freshman. His first year, he always performed well when called upon. Instead of progressing, he seemed to slide backward as he went on. It is disappointing to see him not live up to his potential.
Newton does not fit this offense period!
If they are going to play Newton at QB, then the offense should have changed.

Joker's idea on stuff like this is what lets us know he is not a good coach, at all.
Newton could be a hell of an athlete, a Randall Cobb type (who btw was a QB also, remember) but Joker doesn't know what he's doing.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Newton does not fit this offense period!
If they are going to play Newton at QB, then the offense should have changed.

Joker's idea on stuff like this is what lets us know he is not a good coach, at all.
Newton could be a hell of an athlete, a Randall Cobb type (who btw was a QB also, remember) but Joker doesn't know what he's doing.

I agree. The problem with Joker is he tries to make the players play to his style - he doesn't make adjustments based on the talents of the players.
IMO Joker threw Newton to the Wolves. There is no way that Newton can look good enough in practice to start at QB in the SEC!
toussaints Wrote:I think we all see that Newton should not play QB, ever

I think most of us already knew that.
Damn! At least we aren't Vandy.
Until kentucky decides to spend a little money to get a quality coach, this is as good as it will get. Kentucky has plenty of talent but if you can't organize and mesh it together then its useless. Offense in the 2nd half was lifeless, players looked disgusted and dejected. Sad, sad
lol FBALL, i think Vandy will destroy us this year.

Not ragging on you, but that program is getting better.
Newton was a great high school quarterback. The biggest mistake that he has made since coming to Kentucky was not transferring to a school with a good football program and coaching staff.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol FBALL, i think Vandy will destroy us this year.

Not ragging on you, but that program is getting better.

I was referring to the ass whipping Georgia put on them.
^
I hate to think of what Georgia will do to us....
I understand what your saying though.
Can't be any worse. That was ugly.
Yes newton sucked. But, Hell....When we did have a QB in, that could hit a receiver. They couldn't catch the freakin thing any way !!!!!! I have never seen so many dropped passes!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
sos...dd
FBALL Wrote:Damn! At least we aren't Vandy.

UK may not be as good as Vanderbilt. And, at least Vanderbilt is a fine academic university.

Why did Jim Bunning's grandson go to UK? It was not a wise choice. From FTH to UK is a bit of a drop .
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:UK may not be as good as Vanderbilt. And, at least Vanderbilt is a fine academic university.

Why did Jim Bunning's grandson go to UK? It was not a wise choice. From FTH to UK is a bit of a drop .

Refer to post 19. It was in the context of at that moment not going forward.

I'm glad he's there and hopefully has a good career.