Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Fields in the 15th region ?
Pike Central , Phelps , Shelby Valley . In no particular order.
South Floyd's is bad for holes in the outfield. There use to be a really bad one in center field.
South Floyd's by far.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
There was usually glass on Allen Centrals when we played there
greenwave Wrote:Pike Central , Phelps , Shelby Valley . In no particular order.

It is a shame that the Pike Co. BOE has dropped the ball here. What is it that makes these facilities the "WORST". It doesn't appear that anyone except the players, parents, and coaches are concerned with the safety of the participants and spectators at these fields. It is simply a smack in the face to those of us who love to watch the young ladies compete! Shame...Shame...Shame...:dontthink ...Maybe Mr. Welch will donate some of his "sick day pay" to these programs...$150,000 divided by 3 is $50,000...
Well Betsy Laynes is hard as a rock. South Floyds is just plain out horrible.
eagerbeaver Wrote:It is a shame that the Pike Co. BOE has dropped the ball here. What is it that makes these facilities the "WORST". It doesn't appear that anyone except the players, parents, and coaches are concerned with the safety of the participants and spectators at these fields. It is simply a smack in the face to those of us who love to watch the young ladies compete! Shame...Shame...Shame...:dontthink ...Maybe Mr. Welch will donate some of his "sick day pay" to these programs...$150,000 divided by 3 is $50,000...

Bad cheap shot.

Pike Central will get their feild when the new middle school is built, Shelby Valley has a field correct, it is up to the school to work on and maintain the filed and Phelps, I'm not close to that situations.
eagerbeaver Wrote:It is a shame that the Pike Co. BOE has dropped the ball here. What is it that makes these facilities the "WORST". It doesn't appear that anyone except the players, parents, and coaches are concerned with the safety of the participants and spectators at these fields. It is simply a smack in the face to those of us who love to watch the young ladies compete! Shame...Shame...Shame...:dontthink ......
Uncalled for and unfair personal attack edited by foxsports.
What type of Baseball fields do these schools have?? I have filed complaints to the KSHAA before concerning the difference between my local high school baseball field and the softball field Believe me the KSHAA takes this seriously changes will be made especially if the condition of the field could be a safety issue Thy will actually end baseball play until the softball field is brought up to par!!
It is a shame that Pike Central doesn't have a field at the school already. The school has been in existence for over 10 yrs now. The girls' sports program has always been on the back burner at PC and it isn't fair. I played there and it was pathetic to have to go to either Mullins or Johns Creek to play basketball games and to Johns Creek to play softball. The ball has been dropped when it comes to girls' athletics at PC. The sports facilities should have been completed long before the doors of PC opened. the ones to suffer are the athletes. As for a new field for the softball team when the new school comes, I wouldn't hold my breath. It could be at least 5 years for it to be completed. Again, it is the girls who lose out.
Shelby Valley Softball field has old wooden bleachers , no concession stand , bathrooms are inside the school , no locker rooms , and the drainage on the field is bad , but at least they have their own field . It is a shame , with the success that this program has had that this is what they have to play on . The next you travel down U.S.23 look at the baseball field and then look at the softball field and tell me they are equal .
PC's field is horrible.
Blame those fields on the former Super. of Pike County. PC was not built on big enough land for the baseball/softball fields but in the next 2 years they will have one. SV well like I said, it is up to the school to maintain and update what was built 16-17 years ago.
Magoffin County has to share their field with little league softball and cal ripken. As I understand they have a time limit for practice. They have to be off the field by 5:30. How can a team compete when they barely have 1 1/2 hours to practice. The girls are getting the short end of the stick and it needs to stop.
paintsville the worse they dont have one
Sv has the third best field in the 15th! Quit crying!!!!!!!!
It's a shame they build any field without restrooms! You have to walk a mile to the school or playground.
firebird Wrote:paintsville the worse they dont have one

Actually we do have a field. We're working on our 3rd "5 year plan" with the KHSAA!

Too bad Bambino couldn't build us a field 16 years ago only to argue and disband to join PLL, yet leaving behind a perfectly nice field with lights, dugouts, scoreboard, and so forth. The same folks (more or less) went to PLL, only to argue and go have CRL build more fields for your school.

Are you as mean as your posts imply? What are you so upset about.
I can say "Thank you for giving me another opportunity to point out how difficient the Paintsville City School has been about bringing themselves into Title IX complaince and how they "play dumb" with Boucher and the Title IX folks from the KHSAA whenever they come sniffing around." Thanks Firebird!
BTW- We play on PLL major field and it's a damn sight better than where we've been playing the 57th District Tournament!
IISnakE Wrote:Actually we do have a field. We're working on our 3rd "5 year plan" with the KHSAA!

Too bad Bambino couldn't build us a field 16 years ago only to argue and disband to join PLL, yet leaving behind a perfectly nice field with lights, dugouts, scoreboard, and so forth. The same folks (more or less) went to PLL, only to argue and go have CRL build more fields for your school.

Are you as mean as your posts imply? What are you so upset about.
I can say "Thank you for giving me another opportunity to point out how difficient the Paintsville City School has been about bringing themselves into Title IX complaince and how they "play dumb" with Boucher and the Title IX folks from the KHSAA whenever they come sniffing around." Thanks Firebird!
BTW- We play on PLL major field and it's a damn sight better than where we've been playing the 57th District Tournament!
no i really think it sucks paintsville dont have a field, and i think it is nothing but a manly power struggle because they dont want to share with the football team that keeps them from having a field pisses me off and i dont have a dog in the fight.i know its sad they dont have one but put jchs boys feild up against the girls dang what a difference.i remember the first year my daughter played tyhere uniforms were even embarrasing and the boys had three uniforms how fare is that.i truly just love the sport and i hate to see girls screwed
It does suck that we're getting screwed by people we have grown up respecting. The field we're getting to use is better than Thealka & it's better than playing a district tournament on a minor league field with no scoreboard. Hey as far as comparing your baseball field to your softball field... I'd ten-to-one rather play on the softball field! At least your batters aren't looking into the sun along with your catcher.... at least there's not tobacco spittle all over the seats, and you can see the game without having to risk losing your balance to ascend the bleachers. Don't complain... until you have to walk a mile in our cleats! Be thankful for what you have.

Then do like I just did and fire off a letter to Brigid DeVries and request a working scoreboard for the Final game of the 57th District Softball Tournament. The longer we all sit back and watch our daughters sports be treated unfairly when we have the Federal Government on our side, we deserve what we get. [email=bdevries@khsaa.org]bdevries@khsaa.org[/email]

I was thanking you for allowing me another opportunity to fire one off concerning the inequity of things @ PHS. I'll have to give JC props... they have found a way to get facilities without having to pay out initially for them... smart .... they also have coaches who practice practice practice with them and it shows, and you're right, their uniforms were ugly in the past and now they look better. I'm just not a fan of yellow, mustard, gold, or whatever it's called. I love pastel yellow.
inthestands Wrote:Sv has the third best field in the 15th! Quit crying!!!!!!!!

We are not crying about the field. The field itself simply needs a little grade work to reduce the safety issues, but the "facility"...no the lack of a facility...is a disgrace. Our concerns are related to safety and fan convience. Seating is limited and the lack of protective barriers on existing bleachers raises a number of liability issues. Restrooms are non-existent. Dugouts which would protect the players from severe weather (lightning, hail, heavy rain)are a true necessity, and the construction of sidewalks to make the field handicap accessible would be nice...etc. East Ridge has the best field and facility, eventhough the infield cover is somewhat thick, Johnson Central and Pikeville are 2 & 3, and Shelby Valley would be fourth.
Throw belfry in there somewhere also . that would make S.V. 5th
Belfry has a bad softball field? How can that be withb all the new construction and so forth?
No they was saying throw Belfry in the top 4 fields which would make SV's field 5th best. Belfry's new softball field is pretty nice.
eagerbeaver Wrote:We are not crying about the field. The field itself simply needs a little grade work to reduce the safety issues, but the "facility"...no the lack of a facility...is a disgrace. Our concerns are related to safety and fan convience. Seating is limited and the lack of protective barriers on existing bleachers raises a number of liability issues. Restrooms are non-existent. Dugouts which would protect the players from severe weather (lightning, hail, heavy rain)are a true necessity, and the construction of sidewalks to make the field handicap accessible would be nice...etc. East Ridge has the best field and facility, eventhough the infield cover is somewhat thick, Johnson Central and Pikeville are 2 & 3, and Shelby Valley would be fourth.
lawrence county has a state of the art complex due to formal complaints filed with khsaa and kea under title IX.it can pour the rain and the field is ready to play on in thirty minutes.
here's my question.... did they shut down lawrence county's baseball program til the softball field was complete?
That makes S.V. the 6th best in the region
Well.... if u ask me Phelps has to have the worst feild in the 15th region simply because it isnt even a softball feild.... it's a baseball feild that comes off of the fotball feild that doubles for the softball feild...and our track team (yea i know suprising that we have one) even has to practice out there.... plus inorder to go to the bathroom u have to walk like miles to the gym and go in there to use the restroom.... and our concession stand (when we have one) is a little pepsi thing but i think they may be in the process of getting us a new one...hopefully.... but yea it is a pretty sucky feild!...but hey im not complaining... im just gladd we have somewhere to play softball!
IISnakE Wrote:here's my question.... did they shut down lawrence county's baseball program til the softball field was complete?
No did have to be The girls had no bleachers, dug outs partially completed with no roofs and were at one point sitting on benches inside the fence while the baseball team just had an all new very expensive scoreboard (very professional if you've ever seen it installed)and work had been started on all new bleachers for the football team--in April did not seem like high priority to me. Mr May the LC Superintendent was contacted by the softball division given a time frame for completion and was told if not completed by that particular date which was late in season the boys would forfeit participation in any post season play within 2 weeks all was completed If you have seen the girls softball field now it is nicer than many college fields. I will be glad to find contact numbers and names for you Remember the squeaky wheel saying!!!
PM me & Thanks!