Region 9: Newport Central Catholic
Region 10: Bishop Brossart
Region 11: Frankfort
Region 12: Danville
Region 13: Barbourville
Region 14: Leslie County
Region 15: Shelby Valley
Region 16: Bath Co

Agree or Disagre? Also, who are some of the best players in these Regions (All-A Teams only)?
Top 8th Region All A players
Walton Verona-Courtney Sandlin-SR (injured), Michelle Judy-SR
Gallatin County-Brooke Dossett-JR, Hannah Dossett-SOPH
Owen County-Hannah Neely-SR, Madison Reed-JR
Top 15th Region All "A" players:
Shelby Valley- Taylor Rowe, Briana Fraley
Sheldon Clark- Katelyn Newsome, Kandice Porter
Magoffin County- Jamie Castle, Jazzy Howard
Pikeville- Rachel Potter
Lawerence County- Taylor Porter
Paintsville- Shelby Carroll
SamPeckinpah Wrote:Top 8th Region All A players
Walton Verona-Courtney Sandlin-SR (injured), Michelle Judy-SR
Gallatin County-Brooke Dossett-JR, Hannah Dossett-SOPH
Owen County-Hannah Neely-SR, Madison Reed-JR

I didn't know that Courtney was injured. When did that happen?
blue1424 Wrote:I didn't know that Courtney was injured. When did that happen?
Fractured wrist/hand. Happened in Montgomery County tournament last week.
SamPeckinpah Wrote:Fractured wrist/hand. Happened in Montgomery County tournament last week.

Thanks. Hope she recovers quickly and is back to playing again soon!
I would pick Sheldon Clark in the 15th and Knott Central in the 14th
The 9th will come down to NCC and Cov. Holy Cross, both teams play very aggressive defense and like to attack the paint. HC has more talent, but NCC has more depth and experience

also, Walton Verona is the favorite to win it all, they look good
14th Region

1. Katie Moore---Leslie County
2. Brooke Sharpey---Hazard
3. Paige Slone---Knott Co. Central
4. Whitney Creech---Jenkins
5. Ashley Dougherty---Jackson City

Maddison Niece- Hazard
Candice Rice- Buckhorn
Kenedy King- Knott
Fee- leslie

This is top ones in the 14th. I added a few at the end that are not far from the list. I can't remember Fee's first name and excuse my spelling.
Well Bville was playing good in the 13th, but Lynn Camp knocked them out tonight.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Well Bville was playing good in the 13th, but Lynn Camp knocked them out tonight.

I was SHOCKED! The Class "A" tournament is not going how I expected. I thought for sure Barbourville would make it to state. :1:
The remaining teams need to have some respect for each other. You never know come tournament time who will step it up. Better not overlook Middlesboro. Green, a 7th grader, can really play. She is her teams leading scorer and rebounder. She has stepped it up since the stephanae injury, averaging almost 16ppg and 7 rebounds. Green is going to be fun to watch for the next 6 years.
bball lover Wrote:The remaining teams need to have some respect for each other. You never know come tournament time who will step it up. Better not overlook Middlesboro. Green, a 7th grader, can really play. She is her teams leading scorer and rebounder. She has stepped it up since the stephanae injury, averaging almost 16ppg and 7 rebounds. Green is going to be fun to watch for the next 6 years.

I agree that Green is very impressive and she has really stepped into a big roll and helped her team out a lot, and with NO disrespect, I am thinking she should be a freshman this year.
JohnDeere Wrote:I agree that Green is very impressive and she has really stepped into a big roll and helped her team out a lot, and with NO disrespect, I am thinking she should be a freshman this year.

None taken. She may be a hold back, but that would make her a true 8th grader. However, 16pt and 7 rbds /game is still impressive and as good or better than many of the top players in the region who are juniors and seniors. Green has better stats than all of Clay's team except for Madden. Has better stats than all of Harlan Co. team, except Evan's rebounds and better stats than all of Whitley's entire team excpept for Smith's scoring. Pretty good for a 7th or 8th grader or Freshman over the two previously mentioned seniors and junior.
SV in the 15th
^ Absolutely, she is definitely a good little ball player who will do nothing but get better over time. It seems like there is quite a bit of young talent coming up in the 13th. It will be fun to watch all of them improve their game and compete in the coming years.
Owen all the way
I know Middlesboro Lynn camp game is listed to play tomorrow but does OBI and Pineville also play?
JohnDeere Wrote:I agree that Green is very impressive and she has really stepped into a big roll and helped her team out a lot, and with NO disrespect, I am thinking she should be a freshman this year.

Quotes like this drive me crazy. She is a 7th grader, plain and simple. If she stayed back or not, she will be able to play as a senior and therefore it makes her a 7th grader now. Everybody has the same right, you can hold your child back if you want, as long as they meet the age requirement.
With girls it is important because girls often regress physically as they mature. A lot of girls are often full grown at 14. Some girls peak as freshmen and sophomores. I hope she continues to grow and improve but this is less likely with a 14 year old than a 12 year old.
I doubt she is done growing, you can look at her and tell she still has a way to go height wise and is not very developed physically.. I think her parents are the coaches which look to be like 6'8 and 6'0..Both played D1 basketball, so she has a shot for big time! I heard they may move her to a private school in TN, where her travel team is..Her travel team was supposedly National champs and are ranked #1 in nation this coming season..Already getting big time looks..6ft 7th grader, she could already play at some small NAIA school..we'd love to have her at Clay!
If you are referring to the Webb School of Knoxville, that is a tremendous opportunity. They have won the state tournament like 3 times in the last 4 years. Their coach is a former Lady Vol and they have produced players like Glory Johnson (Lady Vol) and Margorie Butler (GA Lady Bulldogs). Man if she goes to Clay they will continue to dominate this region for sure. She probably still isnt playing to her potential, just think if Stephany hadnt torn her ACL......