Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia vs Knott Central 53 District Final
This should be a dandy. Big crowd District Championship on the line. Loser faces the possibility of having to play Perry Central the first game of the Region as added incentive.

Thoughts. Comments.
I can remember a few years ago when JBS lost to Letcher and had to take an early exit in the Region to Perry.

I think that the Lions match up well with the Pats and they get them this time around.

JBS gets stunned at the Hindman Campus!!!!
[Image: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0drel...o1_250.gif]
I bet that gym will be wild
This is gonna be one heck of a game.
No love lost between these rivals. Add a packed house. Also the incentive of a tough first round game for the loser should be a madhouse.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Or the winner of this game could still go in the same bracket as Perry which would automatically put the loser in the opposite bracket. Could work for the winner or end up being a better scenario for the loser. Nonetheless, they will have to beat Perry to win the region no matter when they play them..
CuJo Wrote:Or the winner of this game could still go in the same bracket as Perry which would automatically put the loser in the opposite bracket. Could work for the winner or end up being a better scenario for the loser. Nonetheless, they will have to beat Perry to win the region no matter when they play them..

You can never tell what happens in the draw...
but to avoid Perry in the first round you have to lose.

This is assuming that the Commodores win the district. You never know what could happen.
I don't think Knott has played Jenkins yet..
I expect a similar game to the one played in Jackson.
Runnin Wrote:I don't think Knott has played Jenkins yet..

LoL
zaga_fan Wrote:You can never tell what happens in the draw...
but to avoid Perry in the first round you have to lose.

This is assuming that the Commodores win the district. You never know what could happen.

If Knott ends up having to play Perry, I would rather play them in the first round than the semi finals. If they play Perry in the semi finals, they would have to come back the next day and probably play Cordia in the finals for the 5th time this year. At least if they played one of them in the first round they would get a couple days to prepare for the other with a weaker team in between both games. I think only 3 teams could win the region now with Hazard out of it. Those being Perry, Knott and Cordia in that order.. The only team that can play with Perry is Knott but both games between the two this year havent really been close. Maybe it will be a different story when the play away from Punkin Palace...
CuJo Wrote:If Knott ends up having to play Perry, I would rather play them in the first round than the semi finals. If they play Perry in the semi finals, they would have to come back the next day and probably play Cordia in the finals for the 5th time this year. At least if they played one of them in the first round they would get a couple days to prepare for the other with a weaker team in between both games. I think only 3 teams could win the region now with Hazard out of it. Those being Perry, Knott and Cordia in that order.. The only team that can play with Perry is Knott but both games between the two this year havent really been close. Maybe it will be a different story when the play away from Punkin Palace...

Breathitt has played Perry close on two separate occasions.
Their defense has stifled Perry twice.
I say Knott beats them for the 4th staright time 65-60. and the loser draws Perry in the first game of the region
I'm shutting this thread down until after the Jenkins-Knott game...
have at it
It looks like this region will be between Perry and Knott. Now that Hazard is out of it, those two just seem like the superior teams. Cordia matches up with Knott well with the quick guards, but Knott still has Camron Justice.. With that said, Perry is the overall best team, but that doesn't mean they will take region.
Jbs vs the maple leaves, whoever wins this will play Sheldon Clark west for all the marbles
If Cordia has improved their zone offense then I believe they win no questions asked. If not then they'll need some thing in their favor. I believe the loser of this game will play either Perry or Breathitt in 1st round of region, which would be a hard matchup. I'm going with Cordia in this one
CORDIA-69
KCC-66
Random but has anybody watched Marquis Nowell play, he's in 7th grade at cordia
Predictions......

Knott Central - 61
Cordia - 62

Upset In Hindman!!!!
Heisenberg2010 Wrote:Random but has anybody watched Marquis Nowell play, he's in 7th grade at cordia

Yes. He is an athlete..very quick!
Think he will be a factor for cordia next year?
Should get some playing time next season!
If another group of Canadian Express dont come in and take his spot!!!!
Until Cordia proves they can beat one of the big boys you have to give the edge to Knott. Especially playing on their home floor. Knott 72 Cordia 63.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
:igiveup:
Brother Cecil Wrote:Until Cordia proves they can beat one of the big boys you have to give the edge to Knott. Especially playing on their home floor. Knott 72 Cordia 63.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
All this talk about the Canadians. I really like the way AJ Tagaloa plays. Consistent every game and check out Warren's stats. Plus Matt Neace who is doing well in the Lotts Creek environment and the role players on the bench. It takes a team to win.
Should be a good game, interesting to see if Rhodes sticks with the box and chaser or goes with a different defense
Heisenberg2010 Wrote:Random but has anybody watched Marquis Nowell play, he's in 7th grade at cordia
He is A great player beat emmalena jv pretty much by his self. He did outscore them I think. Has some great post on babyballers.com. He is 12 years old and Emmalena has about 4 or 5 holdbacks that are good students just stayed back to play ball. Has help coming next year more than likely will win ths Knott co championship again.
Will he get any playing time for the varsity team next year with owootoah graduating?
If Cordia plays like they did against Perry then Knott will win easy. If they play like they did in the 2nd half against Letcher then Cordia could come out on top. Knott has beat them 3 times and it is hard to beat anyone with talent 3 times in a season much less 4. But since Knott is home I think Knott will win in a close one by 5.