Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson County 65 - Shelby Valley 23
Final from Diddle
No surprise here. Congrats to AC!
I was surprised by the score, I thought it would be a much closer game.
Scoring by quarter

Shelby Valley: 8-6-5-4 = 23
Anderson Co: 23-14-18-10 = 65

http://khsaa.org/basketball/girls/sweet1.../xlive.htm
Eriel McKee had 24 points and 12 rebounds and Makenzie Cann had 11 points and 10 assists for Anderson County.
Nice Season Valley! Congrats to coach Rowe.
What a beatdown.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What a beatdown.

Ah SV beat your weak little 13th region team by 7 and they played horrible against them.

You haven't seen Anderson, they are tough.
A game like this shows just how much of a gap there is this year, between the top mountain schools and the top teams downstate. I can say with complete confidence that not one team in the 13th-16th regions would be able to stay within 30 points of Anderson Co.

At least Shelby Valley can take solace in the fact that they were the last mountain team standing. Congrats Lady Cats!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Warthog Wrote:Ah SV beat your weak little 13th region team by 7 and they played horrible against them.

You haven't seen Anderson, they are tough.

Corbin is good, but IMO wasnt the best team in the region. They went on a little run and got some breaks, actually some major breaks. IMHO, they were the 4th to 5th best team in the region.

Had Whitley not lost four starters this year, i promise you SV wouldnt have stayed within 20 points of them.
More Cowbell Wrote:A game like this shows just how much of a gap there is this year, between the top mountain schools and the top teams downstate. I can say with complete confidence that not one team in the 13th-16th regions would be able to stay within 30 points of Anderson Co.

At least Shelby Valley can take solace in the fact that they were the last mountain team standing. Congrats Lady Cats!

A healthy Whitley could have competed with Anderson.
Are we talking about this year or last year?!? Most teams lose seniors haha. Did Whitley Co make it to state last year? I know they didn't this year. I am proud of the SV LadyCats and what they accomplished this season, as well as the Corbin Lady RedHounds and the Letcher Central Lady Cougars! You should be happy that a Mountain team made it to the Elite 8 instead of just worrying about the 13th region. Quit hatin lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Corbin is good, but IMO wasnt the best team in the region. They went on a little run and got some breaks, actually some major breaks. IMHO, they were the 4th to 5th best team in the region.

Had Whitley not lost four starters this year, i promise you SV wouldnt have stayed within 20 points of them.

Corbin was the 4th or 5th best in the region and won region? Well lord buddy what happen to the dominat Whitley? If you say the could compete with Anderson then they must have had a bench that couldve win region without their starters. I'm from Valley, honestly I Watched Whitley play healthy and they are good but they are NOTHING like you make them out to be lol. You think their the 95' Bulls or Somthin. Not that good, would've gave SV a game but lost. Best team in the 13th was Harlan. Whitley didn't even make it to the championship game of region lol, must've not been that good. Seriously if they were that good to compete with Anderson NO ONE in the mountains should've came with in 15 pts of them all year and could've win their region Healthy or Unhealty. Go sit down. Your making your self look stupid.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A healthy Whitley could have competed with Anderson.

I need some of the stuff that you are on man.
Healthy or not Valleys bench could beat Whiltey.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A healthy Whitley could have competed with Anderson.

Anderson would have beat Whitley by 60
Lmfao

:truestory:
All i do is win Wrote:Corbin was the 4th or 5th best in the region and won region? Well lord buddy what happen to the dominat Whitley? If you say the could compete with Anderson then they must have had a bench that couldve win region without their starters. I'm from Valley, honestly I Watched Whitley play healthy and they are good but they are NOTHING like you make them out to be lol. You think their the 95' Bulls or Somthin. Not that good, would've gave SV a game but lost. Best team in the 13th was Harlan. Whitley didn't even make it to the championship game of region lol, must've not been that good. Seriously if they were that good to compete with Anderson NO ONE in the mountains should've came with in 15 pts of them all year and could've win their region Healthy or Unhealty. Go sit down. Your making your self look stupid.

I told you in the first post.
They lost four starters to INJURIES, not graduation.
Does 15th region fans have a slight reading disorder?
Warthog Wrote:I need some of the stuff that you are on man.
Healthy or not Valleys bench could beat Whiltey.

Confusednicker:

This truly goes to show how much you actually know about the 13th region and Whitley.
My guess is the only team you know about is the one you root for.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I told you in the first post.
They lost four starters to INJURIES, not graduation.
Does 15th region fans have a slight reading disorder?

Not one time did I say how they lost 4 starters? I honesty don't care if it was because of graduation or injuries.
13th Region fans must have a slight mental disorder if you think that just because you have a good team you can go compete with Anderson. If Whitley was as good as you made them out to be they would've went through their season undefeated. They could've made it to state by just playin their bench. That's how your making them look when your saying they could compete with Anderson.
All i do is win Wrote:Corbin was the 4th or 5th best in the region and won region? Well lord buddy what happen to the dominat Whitley? If you say the could compete with Anderson then they must have had a bench that couldve win region without their starters. I'm from Valley, honestly I Watched Whitley play healthy and they are good but they are NOTHING like you make them out to be lol. You think their the 95' Bulls or Somthin. Not that good, would've gave SV a game but lost. Best team in the 13th was Harlan. Whitley didn't even make it to the championship game of region lol, must've not been that good. Seriously if they were that good to compete with Anderson NO ONE in the mountains should've came with in 15 pts of them all year and could've win their region Healthy or Unhealty. Go sit down. Your making your self look stupid.

Once again, you all know nothing about Whitley or what happened to them this year.
You claim you watched Whitley play healthy....if so what game was that?

They were undefeated and drubbing teams when they were fully healthy.

Healthy
Nov 26, 12 Harlan away 62 - 38 (W)
Nov 30, 12 McCreary Central home 61 - 49 (W)
Dec 4, 12 South Laurel away 67 - 44 (W)
Dec 8, 12 Lafayette at Bryan Station 66 - 55 (W)
Dec 10, 12 Clay County away 58 - 55 (W)
Dec 14, 12 Casey County away 49 - 35 (W)
Dec 20, 12 Northwest (Clarksville), TN at Calloway County 61 - 38 (W)
Dec 21, 12 Calloway County away 63 - 25 (W)
Dec 22, 12 Obion County Central, TN at Calloway County 47 - 45 (W)

One Starter Out
Dec 22, 12 Dyersburg, TN home 53 - 55 (L)
Dec 26, 12 Sacred Heart at Mercer County 44 - 47 (L)
Dec 27, 12 Seneca at Mercer County 72 - 49 (W)

Two Starters Out
Dec 28, 12 Tates Creek at Mercer County 62 - 70 (L) Click Titans Christmas Clash
Jan 3, 13 Lynn Camp home 68 - 42 (W) Click
Jan 7, 13 Lincoln County home 55 - 58 (L) Click
Jan 11, 13 Corbin away 76 - 67 (W) Click
Jan 18, 13 South Laurel home 48 - 54 (L) Click
Jan 22, 13 Williamsburg home 68 - 62 (W) Click
Jan 29, 13 Knox Central home 49 - 31 (W)

Three Starters Out/One Bench
Feb 1, 13 Corbin home 62 - 65 (L) Click (2 OT)
Feb 4, 13 Williamsburg away 46 - 26 (W)
Feb 5, 13 Middlesboro home 49 - 35 (W)
Feb 8, 13 North Laurel home 41 - 36 (W)
Feb 9, 13 Nelson County 21 - 45 (L)
Feb 11, 13 Jackson County away 66 - 32 (W)
Feb 13, 13 Harlan County away 36 - 38 (L)
Feb 15, 13 Bell County away 54 - 64 (L)

There were 3 players that came back from injuries, but they werent 100%.
Our senior starting PG was playing on a tore ACL.

So please, "all i do is win" tell me when you seen Whitley play "healthy"?

You have about 7 from to choose from, and if you from the Shelby Valley area, then your atleast 2 1/2 hours away.
And BTW, a common opponent just for kicks.....

Whitley 66 Lafayette 55
Lafayette 48 Shelby Valley 38

Whitley beat Corbin just as bad as SV did while Whitley had two starters out, and took Corbin to two OT's with 3 out.

Please keep entertaining me.
All i do is win Wrote:Not one time did I say how they lost 4 starters? I honesty don't care if it was because of graduation or injuries.
13th Region fans must have a slight mental disorder if you think that just because you have a good team you can go compete with Anderson. If Whitley was as good as you made them out to be they would've went through their season undefeated. They could've made it to state by just playin their bench. That's how your making them look when your saying they could compete with Anderson.

Had the injury bug not hit Whitley, and undefeated season would have been possible. Not saying it would of happened, but they didnt play anybody that they didnt have a shot against.
But looking at SV's schedule, it was extremely weak.

I still want to know where you watched Whitley at?
Im very curious as to why you would drive three hours to see a fully healthy Whitley team.
Yes SV did lose to Lafyette by 11. But they played Bullet East 2 hours before that and beat them by 15 before Lafyette had played a game and SV had a starter put. That's the only common opponent? And from the looks of their schedule it didn't seem to be that bad either? Regardless your saying they could've competed with Anderson. Gut, if they were that good why wasn't anyone else talking about them all year long?!?!? SV played terrible against Corbin. If Whitley was so good, good enough to play with Anderson they should've still won their region unhealthy. If they can't win their own region with some health issues what makes you think they can go compete with the #2 team in the state? I admit I'm a little high on SV but you should also Admit your high on Whitley. It's not like I said SV would blow Whitley out. I said it wold be a good game and your still so high on them you wouldn't even agree with that lol
All i do is win Wrote:Yes SV did lose to Lafyette by 11. But they played Bullet East 2 hours before that and beat them by 15 before Lafyette had played a game and SV had a starter put. That's the only common opponent? And from the looks of their schedule it didn't seem to be that bad either? Regardless your saying they could've competed with Anderson. Gut, if they were that good why wasn't anyone else talking about them all year long?!?!? SV played terrible against Corbin. If Whitley was so good, good enough to play with Anderson they should've still won their region unhealthy. If they can't win their own region with some health issues what makes you think they can go compete with the #2 team in the state? I admit I'm a little high on SV but you should also Admit your high on Whitley. It's not like I said SV would blow Whitley out. I said it wold be a good game and your still so high on them you wouldn't even agree with that lol

People were talking about them.
They were preseason top 15 in the state if im not mistaken. They were also picked to win region by almost every newspaper in the state.
Thats what im trying to explain to you, my intent wasnt to troll SV, just make a comment.
I fully believe had Whitley been fully healthy all year with no injuries they could play with Anderson. Whitley played over half there season without a true center, and had to play mostly with smaller forwards.
SV was good, every region champ was, but IMHO, i dont think you all understand exactly how good they could have been.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And BTW, a common opponent just for kicks.....

Whitley 66 Lafayette 55
Lafayette 48 Shelby Valley 38

Whitley beat Corbin just as bad as SV did while Whitley had two starters out, and took Corbin to two OT's with 3 out.

Please keep entertaining me.

And they lost when it mattered most.

Where was the Lafayette game at?
Warthog Wrote:And they lost when it mattered most.

Where was the Lafayette game at?

Whitley/Lafayette was at Bryan Station

Lafayette/Shelby Valley was at Bourbon County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:People were talking about them.
They were preseason top 15 in the state if im not mistaken. They were also picked to win region by almost every newspaper in the state.
Thats what im trying to explain to you, my intent wasnt to troll SV, just make a comment.
I fully believe had Whitley been fully healthy all year with no injuries they could play with Anderson. Whitley played over half there season without a true center, and had to play mostly with smaller forwards.
SV was good, every region champ was, but IMHO, i dont think you all understand exactly how good they could have been.

I understand where u say I they were fully healty they could have played with Anderson. But what im trying to explain to you is that if they was as good as you say they are. Then they would have won their region regardless of injuries. I honestly don't think you'd be saying that if you had seen Anderson play. They are unreal. They would've beaten Whitley as bad as SV gut. SV didn't play a good game at all and couldn't hit a shot this game. But I'm not making excuses. Even if SV had hit their shots like usual they prob still would've lost by 20. You said whitly didnt have a true center all season. Anderson had about 3 true centers for the mountain area that started and dominated. They were just to big and strong. This is the difference between mountain teams and big city teams. SV or Whitley at their very best couldn't have best Anderson. & btw I forgot to add the fact that bullet east beat Lafayette. SV beat bullet east. Whitley beat Lafyette. You cant judge teams by just 1 game guy. C'mon now, give some credit where credit is due.
Lafayette had 2 starters out the game against Whitley at Bryan Station
All i do is win Wrote:I understand where u say I they were fully healty they could have played with Anderson. But what im trying to explain to you is that if they was as good as you say they are. Then they would have won their region regardless of injuries. I honestly don't think you'd be saying that if you had seen Anderson play. They are unreal. They would've beaten Whitley as bad as SV gut. SV didn't play a good game at all and couldn't hit a shot this game. But I'm not making excuses. Even if SV had hit their shots like usual they prob still would've lost by 20. You said whitly didnt have a true center all season. Anderson had about 3 true centers for the mountain area that started and dominated. They were just to big and strong. This is the difference between mountain teams and big city teams. SV or Whitley at their very best couldn't have best Anderson. & btw I forgot to add the fact that bullet east beat Lafayette. SV beat bullet east. Whitley beat Lafyette. You cant judge teams by just 1 game guy. C'mon now, give some credit where credit is due.

Im giving credit.
SV was a good team that deserved to win region.
My statements earlier in the year that the 13th was a stronger region overall than the 14th and 15th are true IMHO.
I understand what your saying about how even a good team could win with injuries, but how many teams would win with four starters out or hurt the majority of the year? Even Marion County would have got destroyed with four starters out.

I was bringing up the Lafayette game because it was the ONLY common opponent. It appeard SV didnt travel out of the mountains much, but Whitley did. Whitley played Sacred Heart, two or three teams from TN, Lincoln, Casey, Nelson, etc.
It actually surprised me that there were no other common opponents.
It appeared Whitley was overlooked and underestimated all year. There starting five was one of the best around, and with several players that could shoot lights out, it was still a good year even with the injuries.
Had they not been so cold against Bell and let Morris run all over them (coaching mistake) then i believed you would have seen them won regardless.

Good discussion though. Its very rare to go indepth and have a sensible one sometimes.
Don't really have a dog in this fight but the 13th region had a much better schedule resume throughout the year hands down no question. Shelby valley played a decent schedule at best. The 13th region had 7 wins against teams from Louisville and Lexington areas that were ranked in the 25 at the time... 1 for the 15th. Clay county alone played and beat more top 25 teams than the entire 15th region combined.
Didn't Shelby Valley lose their best or second best player for the entire season with a knee injury in the preseason?