Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since When?
I heard that President Obama commended some NBA player for admitting he was gay today.

Since when does some dude coming out of the closet warrant a statement from the POTUS? Does anyone really care? I could think of a million things more worthy of comment.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I heard that President Obama commended some NBA player for admitting he was gay today.

Since when does some dude coming out of the closet warrant a statement from the POTUS? Does anyone really care? I could think of a million things more worthy of comment.

Two words, SOCIAL JUSTICE
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hes got to keep those who voted for him happy!

I hope Manti is next!
if only obama would pay this much attention to the economy

prey the gay away
WideMiddle03 Wrote:if only obama would pay this much attention to the economy

prey the gay away
come on give him a break. He isn't resting[YOUTUBE="He must be really tired"]Y3Y-owlgGG4[/YOUTUBE]
WideMiddle03 Wrote:if only obama would pay this much attention to the economy

prey the gay away

Prey? Good one.

The gay rights movement is similar to that of the African American and Women's rights movements of the past.

It doens't affect me either way, so I can't say that I'm all for or against this, but "some" of the comments you guys make are pathetic regarding something like this.

I'm not bashing who started the thread, because I do believe this is a legit question. Not sure how I feel about the President making a comment about it..
Disco Stu Wrote:Prey? Good one.

The gay rights movement is similar to that of the African American and Women's rights movements of the past.

It doens't affect me either way, so I can't say that I'm all for or against this, but "some" of the comments you guys make are pathetic regarding something like this.

I'm not bashing who started the thread, because I do believe this is a legit question. Not sure how I feel about the President making a comment about it..

And are we to assume you to be the 'Johnny Come Authority' on what is and is not pathetic? The thread starter asked why the POTUS would feel compelled to make a public statement about a gay basketball player coming out. I think Skinny asked a very good question, why would Obama want to do something like that? Since when do presidents talk about individual's sexual revelries? I know we can't get him to say jack about Benghazi, LOL.

I didn't think the equal rights goals of the African American movement had anything to do with having sexually depraved behavior justified through the courts. Although advocates of women's rights may well bear some similarities with those of gay rights, in that both groups seem happy to hide acts of murder or the exploits of their homosexual bent, behind the modern day legalese of those particular repackaged and relabeled sins and social stigma, in the name of self indulgence.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Explain this one for me can you?

WildcatK23 has a new friend!
I assume by your avatar pic, you lean a little toward the movement.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:WildcatK23 has a new friend!
I assume by your avatar pic, you lean a little toward the movement.
If you weren't still pooping yellow in the disco days, you would know it wasn't a gay thing.
There is no lean toward the "movement" or any of that. Either for, or against, or couldn't care less.

I'm more toward the latter, but gay people don't bother me and just because I don't agree with their lifestyle, doesn't mean I'm going to campaign against their every move I just don't care what they do.

I like that he did this, and respect him more for having the balls (ucwutididthur? hahah) to come out as gay in sports, even today. Always like him as a player, seemed like a great and loyal teammate and played so hard on defense, so I've always been a fan. I don't care who his date is, just doesn't matter to me, whether it's against my beliefs/religion or not.

On the topic of POTUS calling him or whatever, I can see the reasoning, but I'd much rather hear some explanation of Benghazi than hear about him calling an NBA player, I don't care if it's for coming out as gay (which I do think is a hell of a thing today in sports as an active player), or saving baby animals from a forest fire, or shooting lightning bolts out of his rear into the basket from halfcourt.
Im not a Tim Tebow fan but It's sad that people make fun of him for being Christian but defend Jason Collins for being gay...
^ In progressive America Christianity is ignorant, only followed by mouthbreathers who won't get with the movement to progress our society towards communism. Sarcasm aside this is how progressives think
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Im not a Tim Tebow fan but It's sad that people make fun of him for being Christian but defend Jason Collins for being gay...
I don't make fun of him for being Christian. I make fun of people that became his "fans" because of him being a Christian, all the while ignoring the fact that he couldn't quarterback for shit, on the "big stage". They didn't care that he was out of his league, they only saw through tunnel vision that he was Christian, and that was enough. I also don't give a squat whether Jason Collins is gay, or not. If he is gay, he should be able to do what he wants, though. I do admire that he had the courage to admit he was gay, if he wanted to. I don't watch NBA, so I don't know a thing about Jason's balling ability.
^
"balling" ability.Confusednicker:
^lol
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Im not a Tim Tebow fan but It's sad that people make fun of him for being Christian but defend Jason Collins for being gay...

It's sad and, it is an example of how folks who worship the One True God are castigated for their faith. Why do you suppose this kind of thing is happening in America? Honoring homosexuals while vilifying Christians as frauds? Have you picked up on the contempt many have for Christians in our time?
Matthew 24:9-10 (KJV)
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:If you weren't still pooping yellow in the disco days, you would know it wasn't a gay thing.

Might not have been then
But its a proven fact threw multiple sources, (MSN, Fox, CNN, BGR) that anybody wearing disco blew the doors off the closet years ago.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Might not have been then
But its a proven fact threw multiple sources, (MSN, Fox, CNN, BGR) that anybody wearing disco blew the doors off the closet years ago.
Confusednicker: You might want to check with Hoot, and a few more here before you accuse them of being gay.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Might not have been then
yup
[Image: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto...c6f4ac.jpg]
TheRealVille Wrote:Confusednicker: You might want to check with Hoot, and a few more here before you accuse them of being gay.

Atleast he doesnt want to marry another man Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Atleast he doesnt want to marry another man Confusednicker:
I got a pretty "smokin" wife, I don't want to marry another man either.

Edit: The difference in me, and you, is that I understand that I don't have the right to say someone can't marry another of the same sex.
TheRealVille Wrote:I don't make fun of him for being Christian. I make fun of people that became his "fans" because of him being a Christian, all the while ignoring the fact that he couldn't quarterback for shit, on the "big stage". They didn't care that he was out of his league, they only saw through tunnel vision that he was Christian, and that was enough. I also don't give a squat whether Jason Collins is gay, or not. If he is gay, he should be able to do what he wants, though. I do admire that he had the courage to admit he was gay, if he wanted to. I don't watch NBA, so I don't know a thing about Jason's balling ability.

Christians didn't create the Tebow cirus the media did. No he not a great QB but he did get Denver in the playoffs and won a playoff game, granted the wins were lets say different. But here's something I would bet a million bucks on. If Tebow had came out as gay he would still be on NY roster.
TheRealVille Wrote:I got a pretty "smokin" wife, I don't want to marry another man either.

Edit: The difference in me, and you, is that I understand that I don't have the right to say someone can't marry another of the same sex.

Look to your liberal scientist to see if its scientifically correct for two gay men to fornicate.....

If were not going to listen to them on that, then we might as well forget about the mythological global warming epidemic and get rid of the EPA.
A lot of fear of homosexuality on this board. How would your life change in any way if 2 men or 2 women are allowed to marry or be homosexual?

I think a lot of people would enjoy their lives a lot more if they let God do the judging and just relaxed a little.
Disco Stu Wrote:A lot of fear of homosexuality on this board. How would your life change in any way if 2 men or 2 women are allowed to marry or be homosexual?

I think a lot of people would enjoy their lives a lot more if they let God do the judging and just relaxed a little.

youve mentioned, "bigetry," "fear," whats next
people have diffiring opinions
you cant seem to understand that
just because somebody disagrees with the behavior doesnt mean they fear it or are a bigot
you are the one who is intolirant
Disco Stu Wrote:A lot of fear of homosexuality on this board. How would your life change in any way if 2 men or 2 women are allowed to marry or be homosexual?

[YOUTUBE="New Zealand Gay Marriage"]gl8oKO7BAuU[/YOUTUBE]
WideMiddle03 Wrote:youve mentioned, "bigetry," "fear," whats next
people have diffiring opinions
you cant seem to understand that
just because somebody disagrees with the behavior doesnt mean they fear it or are a bigot
you are the one who is intolirant

And you're the one who can't spell or present an argument that makes any sense at all.

The English language is difficult, but maybe one day when the Conservative Revolution takes hold again you'll learn how to do these simple things.

Sad to see what has happened to the education system under this Adminstration ^
Disco Stu Wrote:And you're the one who can't spell or present an argument that makes any sense at all.

The English language is difficult, but maybe one day when the Conservative Revolution takes hold again you'll learn how to do these simple things.

Sad to see what has happened to the education system under this Adminstration ^

whats it matter that i cant spell
you sertainly have no problem with vector or 4 real's spelling
if you can comprehend the point that is good enough
once again you fail too address the points and just take cheap shots

and just what argument r u presenting
im yet to see you present anything other than cheap shots
another clone perhaps