Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge are you going to name a coach anytime soon?
School is started and these kids still don't know who there basketball coach is going to be. Kick it in gear guys you need a coach.
Just got a principal...Kevin Justice.
ER had to hire a principal before they could hire a coach.
I would think this will be one of the top priorities for Justice.
Rolleyes Maybe Randy McCoy. Rolleyes
Any word on who is interested in this job???
I haven't heard anything new since the last thread covering the issue. Like they said, Justice just got the job..much to my dismay buuuut after things calm down and Mercer gets over his disappointment they will be getting a coach. Mercer won't let them go too long without one. I'd call it a high priority.

Everything that goes on at East Ridge is "much to your dismay". I hear Mr. Justice is a great guy and a hard worker. Oh yea, maybe you don't want nice guys and hard workers at your school. Do you really think Mr. Mercer would want the job after being as disappointed as you say he is? Wouldn't it be a slap in the face to have to take it???
I have heard that Les Trimble may be interested.
He could help that program get back on track in a hurry. I liked him at JC. He got a raw deal at that school. Good luck to East Ridge in the coaching search.
They need to lol
thepharmacist Wrote:Everything that goes on at East Ridge is "much to your dismay". I hear Mr. Justice is a great guy and a hard worker. Oh yea, maybe you don't want nice guys and hard workers at your school. Do you really think Mr. Mercer would want the job after being as disappointed as you say he is? Wouldn't it be a slap in the face to have to take it???

When people like Denny Paul May and Kevin Justice get involved with positions of authority within the school then yes, it IS to my dismay. Justice is a decent guy but he is really strict and has had very little experience in the position that he got. To be honest with you, I don't even know HOW he got it considering that the committee votes on it and the teacher's vote was in favor of Mercer. Mercer deserved that position to say the very least.

I wasn't talking about Mercer wanting the coaching position so I have no idea why that is being brought up. For all I know, Mercer may end up being the coach or at least an assistant to whoeover fills the position. But I don't see him taking the job as head coach and no where in my previously post was I implying that he would.

If you don't know Justice personally then don't label him as a "nice guy and a hard worker" because you have no clue what he is all about. Furthermore, it's not up to you to question what I want "in my school" and second of all, it's not "my school" anymore.

"Really strict" is what's needed these days ....because most parents are "Really lax" when it comes to having discipline and being a parent instead of trying to be their buddy and trying not to make them mad. Parents expect coaches/administrators to provide things that they don't want to..i.e. discipline. But when a kid steps out of line and the coach disciplines, the parents come and jump the coach...using such words as "you aren't being fair" or, "my baby wouldn't do that". My principle and coaches were "really strict" when I was growing up and the older I get, the more I appreciate it!
Also...Kevin Justice ran a nice baseball program both at Millard and at East Ridge. His kids played hard and represented their school the right way while being far less talented than the other team on most occasions. I have much respect for Kevin purely on this basis. If he runs his school like he ran his baseball program then Rast Ridge will be respected thoughout eastern Kentucky as a high school. If your new basketball coach runs a tight ship in the same manner he will bring respect and class to the Ridge.
Also, Trimble is not interested.
This is to bad for the Warriors...They will have a pretty good team this season...Especially with the right coach
You just answered your own question. Justice got it because the committee voted for him. Just because a site based council askes for a poll of the teachers and students doesn't mean they have to accept it. Sounds like a great move on the councils part to find out who the students preferred and then go the other way. We don't want the inmates running the asylum, do we??

By the way,I happen to know all the guys you've mentioned and they are all great guys.
Hoops Lover Wrote:"Really strict" is what's needed these days ....because most parents are "Really lax" when it comes to having discipline and being a parent instead of trying to be their buddy and trying not to make them mad. Parents expect coaches/administrators to provide things that they don't want to..i.e. discipline. But when a kid steps out of line and the coach disciplines, the parents come and jump the coach...using such words as "you aren't being fair" or, "my baby wouldn't do that". My principle and coaches were "really strict" when I was growing up and the older I get, the more I appreciate it!
Best post that I have read in a long time!!!!!!!
Hoops Lover Wrote:Also...Kevin Justice ran a nice baseball program both at Millard and at East Ridge. His kids played hard and represented their school the right way while being far less talented than the other team on most occasions. I have much respect for Kevin purely on this basis. If he runs his school like he ran his baseball program then Rast Ridge will be respected thoughout eastern Kentucky as a high school. If your new basketball coach runs a tight ship in the same manner he will bring respect and class to the Ridge.

Now onto the East Ridge coaching job who ever gets it is going to have there hands full, the team will be in ball games against a lot of teams but will have a tough season at best. Who ever comes in they need to be patient and let them put there mark on the program.
ER Fans:
You wanted rid of D.P. May....you got your wish!
You wanted rid of Ralph Kilgore...you got your wish.

Now it sounds like you've got chaos!! Careful what you wish for.
May and Kilgore are good people that have been around the block a time or two!!
Have they named a coach yet? conditioning should start next month
My bet is that Joe Marson is the new coach and assistant principal, because he is real good friends with the new principal Kevin Justice. That is my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.:moon:
Is Matt Mercer still at East Ridge???
ducky Wrote:Is Matt Mercer still at East Ridge???

No.

As far as the post that said Joe Marson that won't happen either Joe left and went to South Floyd where he is either Princpal or the assistant I talked to him last year when South Floyd came to ER and he said he was happy doing what he was doing.
There will be no Marson, saw him at the SF ER football game tonight. As for the coach job, im guessing it will go to Randy Mccoy. Rodney Rowe is who they need to be after.
I don't think Mr. Marshal would leave SF to get back into coaching even though he would be a great person to fill the vacancy.
Yes he is...Mercer is still at ER as Assistant Principal....he has no interest in the basketball job..also Marson coached last year at SF...was an assistant...so he never left coaching..
You are correct on Mr. M not leaving coaching. He was as much the main coach last year as anyone over there. I hope The Ridge names someone pretty quick because the players deserve to know what to expect.
Exactly. The longer they wait the more then will be rushed into hiring a coach, which could result in a diaster.
i agree Jim
Is East Ridge having open gym, weight lifting, or anything else like that now? If not, the longer they wait the more it is going to hurt them.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
baseschucked Wrote:I have heard that Les Trimble may be interested.

I heard that Les is now teaching at ER if so when did he leave Lawrence Co.