• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGR Regional Power Rankings- CKY/Lex Metro
1. Scott County
2. Boyle County
3. LexCath
4. Henry Clay
5. Franklin County
Looks good to me.
I'm not real sure how Franklin got on this list. Their opponents are a combined 4-13 ...

and

I'm not sure Boyle is #2 they just squeaked one out at home against an Anderson Co. team who either A. isn't all that good or B. should be #3 on this list
I would like to see Anderson on that list. They will continue to surprise people. Who on that list is better than Boyle County(excluding Scott County)? Lexington Catholic? They will have a chance to prove it two weeks from tomorrow.
Well I mean how is the list made?

Lexington Catholic has lost to the 2 best teams in the state of Kentucky, do they lose points for that?

If you are judging from this year, its early in the season, Boyle is undefeated, but so are Franklin, Henry Clay, and Bourbon County all have easy schedules thus far, so why Boyle?

If you are judging from last year and this year, the you have Catholic who beat Boyle twice last year, a Henry Clay team returns its 3 best players,a Franklin Co. team who only lost 1 significant player (very significant) and a Bourbon County team who returns something like 13 starters from a semi finalist team.

I just remember Boyle stayed on this list all last season, even after losing 3 of their first 4 games including a loss at home to what turned out to be a pretty average 1a football team. Sounds like there is some favoritism involved....
sorry that should be 2A Danville not 1A
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. Scott County
2. Boyle County
3. LexCath
4. Henry Clay
5. Franklin County

Who ranks these teams? Cause if you go by Kentucky.com top 25 teams in the state. Lex Cath is #6 and Boyle Co. is #7. Just wondering who people should go by. Your ranking or the guy(s) from Kentucky.com
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Well I mean how is the list made?

Lexington Catholic has lost to the 2 best teams in the state of Kentucky, do they lose points for that?

If you are judging from this year, its early in the season, Boyle is undefeated, but so are Franklin, Henry Clay, and Bourbon County all have easy schedules thus far, so why Boyle?

If you are judging from last year and this year, the you have Catholic who beat Boyle twice last year, a Henry Clay team returns its 3 best players,a Franklin Co. team who only lost 1 significant player (very significant) and a Bourbon County team who returns something like 13 starters from a semi finalist team.

I just remember Boyle stayed on this list all last season, even after losing 3 of their first 4 games including a loss at home to what turned out to be a pretty average 1a football team. Sounds like there is some favoritism involved....

Lets try this. Who is your top 5?
BoyleCounty Wrote:Lets try this. Who is your top 5?

Just wondering which ranking or ranking system we should believe or go by. One mentioned the other team is higher and another system said its the other team. That's all im asking. BTW you can't go wrong with above list. Definitely 1. Scott Co 2. The rest of the field.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Well I mean how is the list made?

Ok so lets start with Lexington Catholic losing to 2 of the best teams in the state. You made it sound as if getting dominated by Bowling Green and St. Xavier is suppose is to help these guys in the rankings. If the games were competitive I could see the argument.

It is early in the season but Boyle County has played and beaten two top 10 5A teams. Sure the other two games weren't as competitive but thats just how it is sometimes.

Henry Clay, well everyone is still trying to figure out where they belong. They are a good team and will have opportunities to prove themselves. They are so up and down.

Honestly, you sound hurt that Boyle County is #2 and somehow convinced of favoritism. Quite frankly its not that big of a deal because, like you said, it is early in the season. Every team has several more games to go to prove themselves and that is when these rankings really shape up. Another thing, do you believe Henry Clay, Bourbon County, Lexington Catholic and Franklin County could beat Boyle County?
FBfan4life Wrote:Just wondering which ranking or ranking system we should believe or go by. One mentioned the other team is higher and another system said its the other team. That's all im asking. BTW you can't go wrong with above list. Definitely 1. Scott Co 2. The rest of the field.

Scott County is the best team in CKY this year. They are a definite #1. As for the rest, every ranking is different and all are a guess at this point of the season. Like you said, can't go wrong with this list. It will play itself out.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Ok so lets start with Lexington Catholic losing to 2 of the best teams in the state. You made it sound as if getting dominated by Bowling Green and St. Xavier is suppose is to help these guys in the rankings. If the games were competitive I could see the argument.

It is early in the season but Boyle County has played and beaten two top 10 5A teams. Sure the other two games weren't as competitive but thats just how it is sometimes.

Henry Clay, well everyone is still trying to figure out where they belong. They are a good team and will have opportunities to prove themselves. They are so up and down.

Honestly, you sound hurt that Boyle County is #2 and somehow convinced of favoritism. Quite frankly its not that big of a deal because, like you said, it is early in the season. Every team has several more games to go to prove themselves and that is when these rankings really shape up. Another thing, do you believe Henry Clay, Bourbon County, Lexington Catholic and Franklin County could beat Boyle County?

You got it all wrong bub, I could care less what the rankings are, I was just wondering how EKU came up with them.

I said the 2 best teams in the state, not 2 of the best teams, so yes I think you should throw those losses out.

Warren Central is not a top 10 5a team, and to answer your question:

Henry Clay - yes
LC - yes
Bourbon - Toss Up
Franklin - Probably not

Well I've only seen Boyle once, and they struggled with what seemed to be not a very good Warren Central team. So if Boyle is what I think they are I see it like this...

Scott
Lexington Catholic
Henry Clay
Bourbon
Boyle/Anderson

If Boyle is what you think they are I see it like this ...

Scott
Catholic
Henry Clay
Boyle
Anderson
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:You got it all wrong bub, I could care less what the rankings are, I was just wondering how EKU came up with them.

I said the 2 best teams in the state, not 2 of the best teams, so yes I think you should throw those losses out.

Warren Central is not a top 10 5a team, and to answer your question:

Henry Clay - yes
LC - yes
Bourbon - Toss Up
Franklin - Probably not

Trinity is better than St. Xavier. Bowling Green and Trinity are the two best teams. Regardless, Catholic has beat Lafayette and squeaked by Station after those losses. Less than impressive wins, but it is EARLY.

As for the teams. The only toss up is Catholic, Boyle County would definitely beat Henry Clay and Bourbon. But thats my and 90% of BGR's opinion vs yours. Now we will just have to wait to see how the season plays out.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Well I've only seen Boyle once, and they struggled with what seemed to be not a very good Warren Central team. So if Boyle is what I think they are I see it like this...

Scott
Lexington Catholic
Henry Clay
Bourbon
Boyle/Anderson

If Boyle is what you think they are I see it like this ...

Scott
Catholic
Henry Clay
Boyle
Anderson

No you got it wrong bub. If Boyle County is what I think they are then I see it like this...

SCOTT COUNTY
BOYLE COUNTY
LEXINGTON CATHOLIC
ANDERSON COUNTY
HENRY CLAY

Thats an honest unbiased opinion. If you base Boyle Countys ranking off one game then theres your problem.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Trinity is better than St. Xavier. Bowling Green and Trinity are the two best teams. Regardless, Catholic has beat Lafayette and squeaked by Station after those losses. Less than impressive wins, but it is EARLY.

As for the teams. The only toss up is Catholic, Boyle County would definitely beat Henry Clay and Bourbon. But thats my and 90% of BGR's opinion vs yours. Now we will just have to wait to see how the season plays out.

LOL Well I am 90% certain that 90% of percentages are made up, just like that one, and that my friend is a fact :hilarious:

X is better than Trinity in 2013 and Henry Clay and Catholic are better than Boyle in 2013, Bourbon would give Boyle all they wanted and then some ...
BoyleCounty Wrote:No you got it wrong bub. If Boyle County is what I think they are then I see it like this...

SCOTT COUNTY
BOYLE COUNTY
LEXINGTON CATHOLIC
ANDERSON COUNTY
HENRY CLAY

Thats an honest unbiased opinion. If you base Boyle Countys ranking off one game then theres your problem.

How can I be wrong about my opinion?

This just keeps getting better and better!
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:LOL Well I am 90% certain that 90% of percentages are made up, just like that one, and that my friend is a fact :hilarious:

X is better than Trinity in 2013 and Henry Clay and Catholic are better than Boyle in 2013, Bourbon would give Boyle all they wanted and then some ...

Ok. The fact that you make a joke out of it says it all. Time will tell.

Btw, how do you like your crow served? :biggrin:
BoyleCounty Wrote:Trinity is better than St. Xavier. Bowling Green and Trinity are the two best teams. Regardless, Catholic has beat Lafayette and squeaked by Station after those losses. Less than impressive wins, but it is EARLY.

Pretty much nailed my thinking right here... to be fair CKY is possibly the toughest region to rank 5 teams in the state. I just like Boyle's wins better than LexCath's and a "good" loss is one thing, but it is hard to have a "good" blowout loss. Hence why I give the slight edge to Boyle.

IMHO, there are about 5 teams who then have a claim to the #4 and #5 spots.

Anderson County just had their first real quality game and they lost.. Bourbon has been super impressive but against nobody... Franklin County may be a paper tiger, but they are undefeated with a better schedule than Bourbon, Madison Southern is undefeated but are a one man show and beating up on weak competition, Tates Creek just lost to Henry Clay, but proved they at least deserve to be in the conversation.

If it was expanded it would be:
4. Henry Clay
5. Franklin County
6. Anderson County
7. Bourbon County
8. Tates Creek
9. Mad. Southern

I really don't see a huge gap between 4 and 9, to be honest, there is a noticable gap between 2/3 and the rest...but it isn't a big one..maybe a TD to 2 TD's most.. with some of those 4-9 teams capable of winning if they played and had the bounces go their way
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:How can I be wrong about my opinion?

This just keeps getting better and better!

It does keep getting better. The fact that you try to undermine somebody through a HS Football board cracks me up
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:LOL Well I am 90% certain that 90% of percentages are made up, just like that one, and that my friend is a fact :hilarious:

Based on what, your opinion? Confusednicker:
Tates Creek would beat Bourbon and Franklin County. As would Bryan Station. But it's all for discussion anyway. Tates Creek lost a 1 score game to Top 5 Henry Clay. Bryan Station lost to Highlands and Bowling Green. They would both handle Bourbon and Franklin. I watched Dunbar beat Franklin County in a scrimmage at Franklin.

Boyle deserves its recognition as does Lex Cath, Henry Clay, and nothing wrong with Bourbon and Franklin getting love. Scott County is far and away the #1, Anderson is in the group with Franklin and Bourbon, all good teams.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pretty much nailed my thinking right here... to be fair CKY is possibly the toughest region to rank 5 teams in the state. I just like Boyle's wins better than LexCath's and a "good" loss is one thing, but it is hard to have a "good" blowout loss. Hence why I give the slight edge to Boyle.

IMHO, there are about 5 teams who then have a claim to the #4 and #5 spots.

Anderson County just had their first real quality game and they lost.. Bourbon has been super impressive but against nobody... Franklin County may be a paper tiger, but they are undefeated with a better schedule than Bourbon, Madison Southern is undefeated but are a one man show and beating up on weak competition, Tates Creek just lost to Henry Clay, but proved they at least deserve to be in the conversation.

If it was expanded it would be:
4. Henry Clay
5. Franklin County
6. Anderson County
7. Bourbon County
8. Tates Creek
9. Mad. Southern

I really don't see a huge gap between 4 and 9, to be honest, there is a noticable gap between 2/3 and the rest...but it isn't a big one..maybe a TD to 2 TD's most.. with some of those 4-9 teams capable of winning if they played and had the bounces go their way

I like this break down and I didnt see this the first time. Id have some of these moved around a bit differently, but I like the rationale behind this ranking list. Sound reason and thought went into it.
And having played both Henry Clay and Boyle County Id definitely give the nod in talent to Henry Clay, with so much team speed. Boyle is a very well coached group and solid across the board, real solid. But if I were handicapping this game and we saw both up close and personal, Id say Henry Clay favored by (-9). IMO. Both good teams.
UNDECIDED Wrote:Tates Creek would beat Bourbon and Franklin County. As would Bryan Station. But it's all for discussion anyway. Tates Creek lost a 1 score game to Top 5 Henry Clay. Bryan Station lost to Highlands and Bowling Green. They would both handle Bourbon and Franklin. I watched Dunbar beat Franklin County in a scrimmage at Franklin.

Boyle deserves its recognition as does Lex Cath, Henry Clay, and nothing wrong with Bourbon and Franklin getting love. Scott County is far and away the #1, Anderson is in the group with Franklin and Bourbon, all good teams.

I'm not really sure what you were watching by my account it was 21-21 after 3 quarters with FC driving. Tates creek would not even play within 3 scores of FC.
BoyleCounty Wrote:It does keep getting better. The fact that you try to undermine somebody through a HS Football board cracks me up

Undermining? A little condescending I'll give you, but I am definitely not undermining you.

All I am saying is that I believe Scott, Catholic and Henry Clay would handle Boyle, and Bourbon and Franklin are right there. Time will tell.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Undermining? A little condescending I'll give you, but I am definitely not undermining you.

All I am saying is that I believe Scott, Catholic and Henry Clay would handle Boyle, and Bourbon and Franklin are right there. Time will tell.

Hey HS dude... drop it brother. All your doing is stirring the pot bro. We all know Scott Co is # 1 and like I mentioned # 2 is the rest of the field. I was just trying to inquire who ranks these schools. As I mentioned before, EKU Alum has Boyle Co higher than Lex Cath, but you look at Kentucky.Com has Lex Cath #6 and Boyle Co #7 in the state. Regardless It's Friday Night Lights. Good luck tonight Knights, Rebels, Cards, Devils and whoever else in the top 5.
FBfan4life Wrote:Hey HS dude... drop it brother. All your doing is stirring the pot bro. We all know Scott Co is # 1 and like I mentioned # 2 is the rest of the field. I was just trying to inquire who ranks these schools. As I mentioned before, EKU Alum has Boyle Co higher than Lex Cath, but you look at Kentucky.Com has Lex Cath #6 and Boyle Co #7 in the state. Regardless It's Friday Night Lights. Good luck tonight Knights, Rebels, Cards, Devils and whoever else in the top 5.

Yes Sir.

You keep giving your opinions, I will keep mine to myself.
oline Wrote:I'm not really sure what you were watching by my account it was 21-21 after 3 quarters with FC driving. Tates creek would not even play within 3 scores of FC.
To the FC poster saying Creek wouldn't play within 3 scored of Franklin. Being unbiased in opinion, Dunbar played Franklin to an even game at Franklin, Tates Creek beat Dunbar in its game but somehow wouldn't play within 3 scores of Franklin. Smh. Sounds reasonable to me.
HSFOOTBALL Wrote:Undermining? A little condescending I'll give you, but I am definitely not undermining you.

Ok! As I have tried doing a thousand times before I will leave it at that. Time will certainly tell. :Thumbs: