Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All 10th Region preseason Team
Ok guys give me your all 10th Region Preseason Players. And give me your preseason ranking for the 10th Region. I know it's January and it's cold so lets warm it up with some softball talk.
Top 10 teams in10th

1.Bourbon County -solid and I feel the team to beat in the 10th
2-10 could fall in any order but IMO here is 2-10
2. George Rogers Clark
3. Montgomery County
4. Nicholas County
5. Bracken County
6. Harrison County
7. Bishop Brossart
8. Campbel County
9. Mason County
10. Calvary Christian
Only a few players come to mind in the 10th so please forgive me if I leave someone out but IMO here are a few:

1.Destinee Arnold - Sr., Bourbon Co. Lead off/CF hitting .505, OBP .690
2. Aerial Dailey - So., Bourbon Co. P/2ND hitting .490, lead team in RBIs, tremedous pitcher. Will be hard to beat Bourbon when Aerial is on the mound
3. Megan Bretz - Jr., Nicholas County
4. Megan Arrasmith - Jr., Montgomery County
5. Emma Conley - Sr., Bracken Co.
The 10th Region should be balanced this year. Great for competition.Bourbon has had a real good team the last couple years but will be average this year due to losing some good seniors and lacking a good head coach. Here is my top 5:
1a. Montgomery Co
1b. Harrison Co
2. Clark Co
3. Bracken Co
4.Bourbon Co
This is just my opinion. But I do think that any of the top 5 could win the Region. This is great for our Region.
Here is my 10th Region Top teams:
1a. Harrison Co
1b. Montgomery Co
2. Clark Co
3. Bourbon Co
4.Bracken Co
Sorry my second list is what I intended to go by. But like I said, very balanced Region this year. Gonna be great to watch this year
How much exposure have you had to the 10th Region SoftballKnowledge?

Just curious.:Thumbs:
[quote=softballknowledge]Here is my 10th Region Top teams:
1a. Harrison Co - lost its only weapon to graduation
1b. Montgomery Co - lost coaching staff that kept them competitive and lost majority of weapons in earlier years.
2. Clark Co- sleeper...they are a well groomed team
3. Bourbon Co - Still has an arsenal of weapons that will make them hard to beat
4. Bracket Co.- long shot IMO.

At the end of the day, it should be a FAN-tactic Region to watch!!
Looking forward to it
I have had a lot of exposure to the 10th Region. I really think that Montgomery Co and Harrison Co will surprise some people this year. Harrison Co did lose Ky Miss Softball, but think they will still be good. Montgomery Co has the best pitcher in the Region and I think they will be good also. Bracken Co has 7 seniors this year and along with Conley pitching, will surprise some people. Clark will be good also. I shouldn't have used the word average for Bourbon Co. They will be good just not as good as the last two years. Bourbon Co problem is they lack a good head coach. He has won with talent. Should have won the Region the last two years and did not due to lack of good coaching. But like I said in previous post, any one of the five could win it. I think its great to have this kind of parity in our region. It shows are region is getting stronger.
I agree that the Region is getting stronger.
I have to apologize because I do not mean to come off as argumenative.
Those majority of those teams are in my top 5 as well, so the possibility is there.
I am going to make a few mad in Bourbon County but the bulk of talent on the field the last 2 years has been from the class of 2014. The rise in athletism has come from the now senior class and a few underclassmen that have stepped up.

So no sour grapes on my part, just believe the team to beat this year is Bourbon.

I hope to see some great games out the 10th.

Looking forward to it and counting down the days to the season!!

Like no one could figure out.... GO LADY COLONELS!!
1. Bourbon County Great Pitching/ Hitting
2. Mongomery County Pitching
3. Clark County Pitching ?
4. Bishop Brossart Pitching ?
5. Bracken County 7 Seniors
Sleepers: Harrision County Pitching / Hitting ?
My question is did harrison county replace there pitching?
Megan Areosmith JR vs Areil Dailey Fr Head to head 2013
Game 1 Bourbon 10 Mongomery Co 2 Ariel WP
Game 2 Bourbon 13 Mongomery Co 4 Ariel WP
Game 3 Bourbon 11 Mongomery Co 1 District Final Ariel WP
Game 4 Mongomery Co 2 Bourbon County 0 Regional Final Aerosmith WP

4 Games Ariel gave up 7 Runs 1.75 Game
4 Games Aerosmith gave up 34 Runs 8.5 Game

Please explain to me who is the best pitcher.
I saw that you have Bourbon as a great hitting team and question Harrison Co hitting. Everyone I talk to including Bourbon Co parents that say that the Coppage guy is the reason they are a great hitting team and isn't he a coach at Harrison Co? He produced this years Ky Miss Softball, something that won't probably ever happen in this region again. I think they will hit just fine. I'm trying to get my daughter in to take lessons with him. I think the Arrasmith and Dailey girls are best pitchers in region but give Arrasmith the edge cause she knows how to win big games, like the region. Also the Edwards girl transferred from Estill Co to Clark Co, so I think Clark Co pitching will be fine. Should be a great year for our region.
So your saying Arrasmith is a big game pitcher and Ariel as a 8th grader was not. So I guess we will see how it all comes out. And about the hitting who won the game with Harrision county last year, I belive it was 10-3 just saying. And I dont belive he works with all the Bourbon County girls.

Ok and Coppage works with all of Bourbons hitters.
I'm glad that Bourbon is doubted....just more fuel for the fire.

But I believe there will be some crow eaten at the end of year just not sure who because games still have be played.

As far as Coppage giving lessons to Bourbon girls....last year he had a high 13 girls and he is good at it. Bourbon carries almost 30 on the roster. Roger does give lessons to many girls and not one discredits that. IMO opinion the question about Harrison hitting is the inconsistentency from game to game. During the Bourbon game last year I believe there was about 5 hits total for Harrison with the 3 runs off of home runs by Ashley. With Ashley gone, they no longer have a threat in the line up to produce at the plate. They may get a hit here and there but IMO will be limited. Harrison pitching will ne an issue as well. If you cant score as much...defensively you have to shut teams down and that starts with pitching. You cant give almost 15 hits per game and numerous walks and win.

Clark is the sleeper. They have a young team that has been getting seasoned and more comfortable with game. They will be much more to handle than most would think. I look forward to see tg email and Bourbon play.

Bourbon pitching will be tougher than last year. Hands down Ariel will be THE dominate pitcher in district and region.
Didn't mean to strike a nerve. It's obvious who you are cause you think your daughter is the best player in the world. I was warned about you by a lot of people throughout the region. Very classless towards other teams and teammates of your own team. I hope ur actions don't hurt ur daughters chances of going to a good school. So, I am done chatting with you. Don't want people to think I am associated with such a classless person. I do wish your daughter the best of luck though, I think she can be a special player.
1. Bourbon
2. Montgomery
3. Harrison
4. Clark
A big hello and welcomeSoftballSister.
:Cheerlead
1a. Bourbon
1b. Montgomery
3. GRC
4. Harrison
All very capable of winning the region. Lots of things can happen.
This is gonna be the strongest 10th Region ever. A lot of good teams. Where are all the District Tourneys in the 10th Region gonna be held? This could give a team the edge especially with Montgomery, Bourbon and Clark in the same District. I think it's bad that not every good team will make the Region Tourney. Something that needs to be changed. Good luck to all teams, gonna be an exciting year for the 10th Region.
softballknowledge Wrote:This is gonna be the strongest 10th Region ever. A lot of good teams. Where are all the District Tourneys in the 10th Region gonna be held? This could give a team the edge especially with Montgomery, Bourbon and Clark in the same District. I think it's bad that not every good team will make the Region Tourney. Something that needs to be changed. Good luck to all teams, gonna be an exciting year for the 10th Region.

From what I saw, 37th is @ Bishop Brossart, 38th is @ Nicholas Co., 39th is @ St. Pat?, 40th is @ GRC.
Region is at Scott High.

Gonna be some great softball this year and can't waitTongueirateShoTongueirateSho:popcorn::popcorn:definitely have to have popcorn!!!
Just saw on Georgetown College website that this years Miss Softball, Ashley Coppage is on their softball roster. This is great news for Georgetown College. She was the best hitter I had ever seen. Great for her to represent her roots, the 10th Region.
Should be a good season for the 10th. Kind of surprise Coppage Miss Softball. Not convince she was the best in the state last year. Buzz Ray, Jordan Mcnary, Mallory Young, Autumn Mcduffie, Kathryn Downing, Angela Adkins, Hannah Miniard, I could go on and on. Coppage is a nice player but I just seen to many young ladies that are better. How many miss softball, in the past, go to Georgetown college to play? I believe most have gone on to play at d1 schools. Softballknowledge if she is the best you have seen you havn't seen much fastpitch... Don't put into this much because she is a nice player and glad she is going to Georgetown and Roger is a great guy but IMO there were some politics with Mcalister. JMO
Roger is a great guy. I talked to him about the Miss Softball a couple months ago. He said he knew she would be In the running but surprised she got it. And I'm sure McAlister had nothing to do with her getting Miss Softball because it is voted on by coaches throughout the state. From what I was told, she got alOT of Western Ky votes and the majority of Eastern Ky votes. I agree, there were a lot of great players in the state. I said Ashley was the best hitter I saw, not the best overall. I respect your opinion though. Will go out on a limb and say that the Moss girl from Greenwood will get Miss Softball next year. And very deserving on what she did this year.
Trust me McAlister has alot to do with it, I know how it's voted on and I know alot of western Ky coaches and they were all surprised.You have to remember not all coaches vote. You only get to vote if your member of KSCA. I wonder why they don't make the voting public. Show how all coaches voted and that way everything is out in the open. I know why they don't. But good for her and I hope she does well at Georgetown. That's why I said if she is the best you have seen you havn't seen much fastpitch. You said she was the best you have seen. But anyways.. You mean Miss softball this year? Ashley was 2013 and this year is 2014. Moss will be good but she has had a back issue. She had it last season and she had a problem with it during the summer. I don't know. I would think she would be front runner start of season but there are some nice players. Nikolao, Adell, Quint, Wireman, Slone ..... there several great players
This years 10th Region Tourney is being held at Scott High. I heard its a beautiful facility. Anyone been there? Would like to get ur opinion of this facility.
It is a very nice place... nice field
Boyrbon County plays Scott Co. Boyle Co. Anderson Co. Male, and Owensboro Cathlic to get ready for region this year a pretty good schedule should go a long way for getting them over the hump for this season.
EasternKentucky2017 those are nice teams to get ready for postseason play. Male is loaded and Owensboro Catholic is always good. I think both Scott Co and Boyle will be good, just not as good as last year. They both lost key players. Tevis will keep Scott in games though with her pitching. Who is the coach at Anderson now? Heard they wouldn't Glass be head coach because of his brother getting a principal job. That's crazy, he's a good coach. But good luck to Bourbon Co. Your district is gonna be brutal. Region is gonna be crazy good this year. Can't wait.
40th District is brutal every year. :ChairHit:

Looking forwad to watching some exciting softball and rooting on Bourbon Co.
The group they have back on the starting 9, if they play to their max capacity -----:flame: look out!!

Wish all teams the best of years, successful and injury free!!!!