Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the best offense in AA?
This is a no brainer IMO. Russell,Belfry,Middlesboro all have great offenses.
Mercer has tremendous fire power on the offensive end as well.
Check this out:
Ronnie Darden (Lou. Western) 1300 yards this season.
Justin Collins (Lou. Western) 1100 yards this season(out last game with bruised ankle)
Brett Norman(Lou. Western qb) rushed for 600 yards this season.
Plus they have a 240lb fullback who has 5 td's this season.
Their backfield has accounted for over 3000 yards this year with 3 games left.
They run a Wishbone offense, So all 4 of these guys have to be accounted for by a defense. I've said it from day 1 , 2A champion will be Western.
They run the heck out of Belly, With backs like that and a qb that can run, Very hard to stop. Multi demensional as well, Breathitt put 11 in the box to stop the run, Western went spread and scored on the first play from the gun. Western's wishbone offense pounds you and wears you down, 5 yard gainers in the first quarter turn into 60 yard touchdown runs in the 4th. Stack a goal line D on them, They'll go spread.
Most AA teams from the west are more finesse which is a bad matchup for a Belfry or Russell who are simply too physical for finesse teams. Western will run right at you with 2 running backs who have the potential to break a big one on you on any play.
Western went back to the Bone with 23 seconds left in the half against Breathitt, Broke a 60 yard touchdown run. Came out 3rd quarter, Broke a 70 yard touchdown run on the very first play.
You better have 1 hell of a defense to have a chance of beating Western, Because you cannot go athelete to athelete with them, You'll get out Atheleted.
I'll go as far as this. We'll just have to wait and see how good they are. Just like Mercer Co this year and Ft. Campbell last year. They all look good on paper and all should advance far but that's why the games are played and we don't go by stats. Ft. Campbell, on paper, should have dominated last year with all they had. Got put out early in the playoffs by OC. OC who runs Tony Franklin's offense was supposed to go up there and dominate at state with their hurry up offense. No matter what offense you run it does no good if you can't get them on the field. So will the battle tested Belfry and Russell teams prevail again? Will a somewhat unknown from the western part of the state step up and make some noise? All we can do is wait week by week and we will all know for sure come Dec. 1st.
If SV wouldn't have lost their QB their offense would've been awsome this year. Because he is a great player, and probably benn in the state top-5 in TD passes this year.
No offense, But SV isn't even in comparison with the other teams on this thread.
coach hager and his cardinals have the best offense
Forest Wrote:coach hager and his cardinals have the best offense

What team is this?
Forest Wrote:coach hager and his cardinals have the best offense

Really? Boy they sure hads that offense firing on all cylinders against Prestonsburg, that was some offensive performance!
Belfry_99 Wrote:Really? Boy they sure hads that offense firing on all cylinders against Prestonsburg, that was some offensive performance!

it was a bad game but aleast they almost didnt get beat by pikeville
Forest Wrote:it was a bad game but aleast they almost didnt get beat by pikeville

In region 4 alone just basing it off of stats. Belfry and Breathitt Co are above Sheldon Clark. Providing SC has posted any stats.
Forest Wrote:it was a bad game but aleast they almost didnt get beat by pikeville

Your one to talk..lol Pburg got beat 22-6 by Pikeville, and then SC got beat by Pburg, seems like your argument about Pikeville just doesnt hold water, Pikeville has a very nice ballclub, if SC would take the time and play some decent ballclubs on thier non-district schedule then they would knowthat.

Almost got beat by Pikeville means nothing. Whether they won by 1 or 100 a win is a win.
What's almost getting beat by Pikeville have to do with this thread at all?
We are talking about best offenses in AA(BEST).
[QUOTE=Belfry_99]Really? Boy they sure hads that offense firing on all cylinders against Prestonsburg, that was some offensive performance![/QUOTE

TongueirateSho Get um choppin..This is where that arguement started from..this statment wasn't called for
I mean were talkin bout Western, Mercer,Belfry,Russell( The Best).
Nothing against Shelby Valley or Sheldon Clark but they do not belong amongthe best'.
Easy ! Western, Middlesboro, Mercer, Russel, Belfry, and Larue ! !
Russell is not known for passing but we are in the top 10. top 10 rushing, top 10 passing, top 10 scoring,, yea we dont have 2 backs that have 1000000 yards already but we have PLAYERS who can score from anywhere and anytime..... be it run or pass... This is a first for RUSSELL.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
western or russel ..and i mean i a sc fan but i know that there not the best but there not the worst either.....
blackcat_student Wrote:Easy ! Western, Middlesboro, Mercer, Russel, Belfry, and Larue ! !
You know what I mean(LOL) and the above mentioned are some of the Best. Thread is about the very Best, Dont need to throw everybody in the mix. Just the Best. No, By No means is SC the worste, They're a pretty good football team.:thumpsup:
Russell
Mercer by default.
no question bout it GO TITANS!!!
Belfry_99 Wrote:Really? Boy they sure hads that offense firing on all cylinders against Prestonsburg, that was some offensive performance!

They sure did have trouble with Pburg. But not Belfry. I would take SC's offense and their backs over belfry's anyday.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:You know what I mean(LOL) and the above mentioned are some of the Best. Thread is about the very Best, Dont need to throw everybody in the mix. Just the Best. No, By No means is SC the worste, They're a pretty good football team.:thumpsup:
Hey, Have to re-quote on this one.
I guess Sheldon Clark is a lil' better than pretty good. Sheldon Clark is very good and they proved it .:thumpsup:
Russell hands down
NYY10 Wrote:Russell hands down
Mercer
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Western or Mercer
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Getum-Choppin Wrote:Hey, Have to re-quote on this one.
I guess Sheldon Clark is a lil' better than pretty good. Sheldon Clark is very good and they proved it .:thumpsup:

glad you went back and fixed this...lol...wish more people could have as much class as you.....hopefully now sc will get some of the credit they deserve...