• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Ashland Predictions and Bets!
Figured I'd start a thread that a lot of people are going to view. Let's hear it, the game everyone has been looking forward to since last year. I think JC wins this one by 21 on Homecoming night.

JC-28
Ashland-7

Ashland fans, do you think its disrespectful that JC has scheduled their Homecoming on the night they play you? Traditionally schools put their cup-cake opponent as that game, maybe they done it for extra motivation after that controversial game last week.
PHSCARD Wrote:Ashland fans, do you think its disrespectful that JC has scheduled their Homecoming on the night they play you? Traditionally schools put their cup-cake opponent as that game, maybe they done it for extra motivation after that controversial game last week.

Not only is it Homecoming for the Golden Eagles, but it is also Senior Night. Should make for a long halftime show.

As for the game, Johnson Central has the upper hand. They're home, it's senior night, it's homecoming, it's revenge, it's for the district crown.

Ashland has had trouble stopping the bone offense this season. Ironton was successful in a scrimmage, and Lawrence was also successful tonight. Ashland's defense will have to play the game of the year to keep the JC offense in check.

Ashland has great skill positions, but are still suspect along the offensive line. They must open up holes for Matt Thomas, Fields Davis, and Josh Cordle, while still keeping a pocket for Darrell Mahan to throw the ball down the field to Drew McDavid, Kevin Burns, Adam Johnson, Luke Bonner, and Ryan Bonner.

Should be a great game, but Johnson Central should be able to pull out the emotional victory.

JC - 21
Ashland - 20
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Going to be a Great Game,I'll say Johnson Central by 1 TD
i think central will win this one, but i think it will also be a better fight that JC has put up with all season..

JC 34
ashland 21
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
Where is this game going to be at?
The Game will be at JC

I know this will be JC's toughest game of the season.
Old School Wrote:The Game will be at JC

I know this will be JC's toughest game of the season.

yea, it will be,but they have home field
JC all the way!!!!
JC-36
Ashland-20 (That is if Dials,Johnson and Tackett don't wear them down. Oh, yea, chasing Shawn Grim can be very exhausting!!!)

:Cheerlead Go Eagles!!!
Johnson Central 42 Ashland 14
Johnson Central best bring there A game ! Cause honestly they've played No one ! Ashland on the other hand has played Mason Co, Belfry, Russel, Raceland, and Prestonsburg ! So I'll go with the Tomcats !

Ash-24
JC--21 overtime
JC by a couple
I heard several JC players were at the Pburg game tonight, if I were them I'd made the journey to watch Ashland tonight. But preparing for a team for 2 weeks does get kind of tiring. JC should be well prepared for this contest.
PHSCARD Wrote:Figured I'd start a thread that a lot of people are going to view. Let's hear it, the game everyone has been looking forward to since last year. I think JC wins this one by 21 on Homecoming night.

JC-28
Ashland-7

Ashland fans, do you think its disrespectful that JC has scheduled their Homecoming on the night they play you? Traditionally schools put their cup-cake opponent as that game, maybe they done it for extra motivation after that controversial game last week.

Not at all. I like it that they've scheduled us for homecoming, and in fact, we've done the same thing before. In 2003, we scheduled Mason County (Who went 12-2 and won the region that year) for our homecoming game (which we lost 25-14). Back to the answer, I think it will make the game mean that much more, and it should make for an even better atmosphere.

As for the game, I know this Johnson Central team has played a weak schedule, but I also know that this team is very dangerous, and regardless of what type of schedule they play, they're going to win a lot of games.

Shawn Grimm (Who is putting up numbers that are comparable to Ron Blume's numbers from last year) and Blake Johnson (Who caused us problems last year) are enough to give any defense fits. The Eagles are going to be fired up for this game since it is their homecoming AND senior night, and they're looking for revenge from last year. We HAVE to match their intensity. If not, it could make for a really long game.

I've never been to Johnson Central to see a game and I have a feeling this will be a hostile environment, but I think we know what's at stake here and I feel that we will match the intensity of the Eagles. I'll take my Tomcats in a nail biter.

My prediction:

Ashland- 20
Johnson Central- 14

I look for this to be a hard fought battle! Go Tomcats! :redboxer:
hoopster Wrote:JC all the way!!!!
JC-36
Ashland-20 (That is if Dials,Johnson and Tackett don't wear them down. Oh, yea, chasing Shawn Grim can be very exhausting!!!)

:Cheerlead Go Eagles!!!
I agree with you, JC just has way too much talent. People say they aint played anyone. But i guess well see friday. Grimm has blazing speed and Johnson's a beast. but overall i just think JC will wear em down.
JC-35
Ashland_20
Well if you haven't been to JC, all I have to say is bring some binnoculars, I really don't like how far away you are from the action up in the stands. Hopefully they'll get their new field like everyone is talking about. I think the problem you all will have the most is dealing with Grimm. Johnson I saw him twice this year, he is a down hill runner, but runs straight up which leaves him open for an easier tackle compared to if he lowered his pad level before contact. If he done that it would help him in gaining yards, breaking tackles, and in the long run prevent injuries.
PHSCARD Wrote:I heard several JC players were at the Pburg game tonight, if I were them I'd made the journey to watch Ashland tonight. But preparing for a team for 2 weeks does get kind of tiring. JC should be well prepared for this contest.

Don't know who was there but about 25 went to Ashland tonight along with the coaching staff. But these guy's are teens and they can go to any game they want. Don't worry they will be ready Friday night. Everyone will be. :rockon:
eaglehoops Wrote:Don't know who was there but about 25 went to Ashland tonight along with the coaching staff. But these guy's are teens and they can go to any game they want. Don't worry they will be ready Friday night. Everyone will be. :rockon:

Didn't you read where I said they should be ready, they've prepared for 2 weeks now. I'm just going by my brother and his girlfriend said about seeing some players up at Pburg in JC jackets. I'm just saying, why not make it a team function to go watch Ashland, show off the boys and let them know you mean buisness come Friday. I know when we had an off week at Paintsville, a lot if not all of us would go get something to eat then go to the game of whoever we played the following week.
I honestly feel tha JC will blowout Ashland just like they have everyone else this season...50-12 Johnson Central comes away with the win..Johnson Central could very well be the top team in the state in any class and thats my opinion on that.
I think it will be a low scoring game.

JC-21
Ashland-14
JC 34
Ashland 7
jc by 2 td's
Johnson Cenrtal needs to avoid going into this game thinking they are going to get another blowout or they could get beat.
This will be Johnson Central's hardest game of the season
Man..SO WISH I COULD WATCH THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone send me a tape of this game after it is played????? PLEASE!!!!
This is the game of the week in Eastern KY! I have Johnson Central as the slight favorite in this game. I will take JC by 3!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Ashland will be JC's toughest opponent of the year to-date. And if Ashland can stop Grimm, JC could have trouble. But I think that JC has too much firepower for Ashland. The fact that the game is at JC, that they have had 2 weeks to prepare, that they have an excellent coaching staff, that it is homecoming and senior night, that JC is in a position to avenge last years loss and to essentially win the District don't hurt their chances either.

I'll say JC by 14.
Go Golden Eagles........
This should be one of the most exciting games in the state. Should be a huge crowd, and the atmosphere at JC is always great. We shouldn't have to worry about a wet field this year unless another firetruck is brought in. I look for JC to hit Ashland hard and early. I really don't see Ashland running any at all on JC. I will give them one passing touchdown with Thomas and thats it. Look for JC to play their best football of the year, considering they have yet to do so.

JC- 35
Ashland- 12
blackcat_student Wrote:Johnson Central best bring there A game ! Cause honestly they've played No one ! Ashland on the other hand has played Mason Co, Belfry, Russel, Raceland, and Prestonsburg ! So I'll go with the Tomcats !

Ash-24
JC--21 overtime

JC hasn't played anyone? Honestly, lets think about this. JC played South Point, Ohio and held the number 1 ranked QB in Ohio (16th in the nation) to under 100 yards total offense. Jc has also played Belfry. Yes, it was a scrimmage and at the first of the season, but Belfry didn't want any more (27 to 3). As for Ashland playing P-burg, without a couple of turnovers P-burg could have upset the Tomcats. P-burg defeated Paintsville but with a little trouble. JC defeated Paintsville basically in the first half of the Apple Bowl after going on to finish the game 56 to 6. I will give Mason, credit when it is due and with last nights performance against Greenup County it isn't due right now. I think the score was 7 to 0, Mason county. Greenup gave Raceland more fits than Ashland did. I will say that Russell is the only team that Ashland has played that could give JC fits as of right now.

Saying that JChasn't played anyone could very well be a hypocritical statement on anyones part.
SunDoctor I don't think JC could play Highlands and win against them and get the respect they (JC) deserve. Even if we did win against them someone would still say we have not been tested. It is the same thing every game we play " JC has not been tested". But thats ok we win the games that matter. And as much as it is worth I think Ashland goes home with a "L" this coming week.
  • 1(current)
  • Next