Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Rumble predictions
Who wins the Rumble, the Triple Threat match and does Rollins cash in (successfully or not)?

What I want to happen... Brock wins the Triple Threat and Rollins cashes in. Ambrose wins the Rumble setting up Ambrose and Rollins at Mania. It won't happen, but I can hope.

What I think will happen... Reigns wins the Rumble. Brock wins the Triple Threat and Rollins cashes in BUT Ambrose takes him out before he can win. Reigns picks up the title at Mania and Brock goes back into hiding.
I think that was Sting's first ever appearance on Raw. It was great. Brief, but great. I wish
In the Triple Threat title match at the Royal Rumble, Cena will pin Lesnar... Rollins will cash in his MITB case. Cena will get beat down by the Authority and the security team. Sting will come out, clean house..... Sting will put Cena on top of Rollins and Triple H will go insane.

Not sure who will win the Rumble.... I don't see a Reigns vs. Cena match at WM 31.
I could see a Rollins vs. Reigns or a Lesnar vs. Reigns with Reigns winning over both.
No way Vince turns Reigns in to a 'heel'. He is a great "non-hero" Hero.

Sting will wrestle Triple H at WM 31.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
The Royal Rumble peaked in 1992. That is the best Rumble in history.

There have been some great Rumble's since then and some amazing 'saves'.... but the overall Rumble match was the best in 1992.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I think that was Sting's first ever appearance on Raw. It was great. Brief, but great. I wish
In the Triple Threat title match at the Royal Rumble, Cena will pin Lesnar... Rollins will cash in his MITB case. Cena will get beat down by the Authority and the security team. Sting will come out, clean house..... Sting will put Cena on top of Rollins and Triple H will go insane.

Not sure who will win the Rumble.... I don't see a Reigns vs. Cena match at WM 31.
I could see a Rollins vs. Reigns or a Lesnar vs. Reigns with Reigns winning over both.
No way Vince turns Reigns in to a 'heel'. He is a great "non-hero" Hero.

Sting will wrestle Triple H at WM 31.

That was my first thought - but it would also be a mistake IMO.
Why use the Royal Rumble to build into a match between a part-timer and a part-time/short-timer?

I know if they want Sting to do Mania they'll need to set it up sometime soon and this may be their best shot, but the headline at Wrestlemania needs to be new talent and at the end of the day that's what people should be looking forward to.
If I recall correctly, I do believe that Brock has it in his contract to either hold the title or Main Event WM. I can't recall the details, but I would assume holding the title means you headline the event. Since Brock did not Main Event last year, and his appearances are far and in-between, then it seems inevitable that Brock is in the Main Event this year. Now, there are different ways to get him there, thus he does not have to be in the Main Event as the champ.

I do like the idea of Seth cashing in, but to get Brock in the Main Event, it somehow has to cause a swerve. What everyone is discounting is a "Turn" by Paul. Everything is leading me to see Paul join the Authority. That means he could turn on Brock, causing him to lose to Cena. As Cena is covering Brock, Seth curb stomps Cena and cashes in. What that does is set Paul up to be with Seth, Brock enraged, thus wanting revenge on Paul and enraged that Seth won the title without beating Brock. Then we get a three-way in the Main Event.

What I don't like about this scenario is that it would only make Seth a champ for 2 months. I see the winner of the Rumble winning WM, thus why would you kill Seth so soon.

Going back to the summer, the early plans were for Reigns to beat Brock, thus giving him the credibility of beating the man who beat the streak. The injury could have changed the WWE's plans for Roman. But right now, I do expect Roman to win the Rumble setting him up with Brock.

What we don't know are the plans for Cena and Daniel Bryan. If they are not in the Main Event, how do you sell a big match for either of them. In the summer, it was supposed to be Cena and Bray. Bray's pop's are beginning to die down some. So, who really wants to see Cena and Bray? DB, who would you get excited to see him battle in WM? I think that they have too many strong Faces, and not enough quality Heels.

Is it Time?????? Could the heel turn for Cena be approaching? I don't see it since his worth to WWE is estimated at $150M and there is not another face on the roster that can pull in that kind of money.

I'm liking this lead-up to WM than in the past five years. It's the first time in a long time that we don't already have the top matches already inked. An even after Rumble, there still will be a huge 2 months of surprises that will lead us into WM.
As for Sting & HHH, that has been inferred for two months now. They can have Sting involved in the Main Event at Rumble, but last night proved that the set-up is already there for a match with HHH. So, it's not necessary that Sting gets involved directly with the match. I could see Sting showing up after Seth wins the title, lights go out, and there sits Sting, disgusted by what he just witnessed, in the rafters looking down on HHH.
Dusty turns in to Pai Mei from Kill Bill Vol. 2 when he talks about Pro Wrestling......

[Image: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110...iPromo.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:As for Sting & HHH, that has been inferred for two months now. They can have Sting involved in the Main Event at Rumble, but last night proved that the set-up is already there for a match with HHH. So, it's not necessary that Sting gets involved directly with the match. I could see Sting showing up after Seth wins the title, lights go out, and there sits Sting, disgusted by what he just witnessed, in the rafters looking down on HHH.

IF the WWE let's Sting in the Rafters after the Owen Hart incident.... I WOULD JUMP OVER MY HOUSE if they show Sting in the rafters at the Rumble.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:IF the WWE let's Sting in the Rafters after the Owen Hart incident.... I WOULD JUMP OVER MY HOUSE if they show Sting in the rafters at the Rumble.

You do know they have walkways up in the rafters of arenas right?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:IF the WWE let's Sting in the Rafters after the Owen Hart incident.... I WOULD JUMP OVER MY HOUSE if they show Sting in the rafters at the Rumble.

plantmanky Wrote:You do know they have walkways up in the rafters of arenas right?

Yes... I do. But does the WWE really let a Superstar be seen in the rafters of an arena after Owen Hart's death? Owen Hart was coming down on a cable, but there is no way VKM (or at least I don't think he will) allow any rafters/entrances from the roof to be used as long as he is alive.
^ Yet VKM allowed these to happen after Owen's death. I disagree, Vince will never say NEVER!
[YOUTUBE="Shane o Mac"]HXDWGUQpTZ0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Jeff Hardy 30' leap"]5Kk8we4-CrE[/YOUTUBE]
Has any rumors leaked out about any 'surprise' entrants in this years Rumble?

I'm gonna say we see 2-3 'Legends' get thrown over the Top Rope this year.
I anticipate Orton to be back. It's possible we could see the Mizdow face turn in Rumble, but they may be holding off for a WM match.

I'm guessing Monday was to set-up an Outlaws/Ascension match at Rumble.

I'm liking the thought that Bryan wins Rumble. Brock wins the 3-way. And Rollins cashes in at WM on a destroyed Bryan who will squeak out the surprise win over Brock.....
If Dusty didn't live so far away...... I would so come over to his house and we would have a Royal Rumble party.
Stardust Wrote:I anticipate Orton to be back. It's possible we could see the Mizdow face turn in Rumble, but they may be holding off for a WM match.

I'm guessing Monday was to set-up an Outlaws/Ascension match at Rumble.

I'm liking the thought that Bryan wins Rumble. Brock wins the 3-way. And Rollins cashes in at WM on a destroyed Bryan who will squeak out the surprise win over Brock.....

Orton should be returning soon... I halfway expected it at Survivor Series. Royal Rumble makes a lot of sense if he's done filming.

The Mizdow face turn is coming, and I think it'll be really high-quality midcard stuff when it happens.

I thought the Outlaws thing was a one-time deal... I just remember seeing that they were probably done with wrestling and were going to stick behind the scenes. Maybe they're healthy and ready for another run though. They honestly did fine the last time around.
I could see Lesnar winning and then Seth cashing in the money in bank only to be stopped again by Sting coming out.....Brock would take out Rollins and hang on to the title. As far as the rumble match.....it just depends on which route they want to go if Bryan doesn't win I think there will be boos (including for Regins) just like last year.....but if they want to stick with the orginal plan they will go with Regins......I personally would like to see Ziggler win it but all of his momentum was killed with the firing.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Has any rumors leaked out about any 'surprise' entrants in this years Rumble?

I'm gonna say we see 2-3 'Legends' get thrown over the Top Rope this year.

I like and I don't like the legends coming into the Royal Rumble.
People get excited and think.. Oh there back!! It's exciting to see legendary wrestlers come out and usually put out a heel or two, but in the end it leaves a lot of fans confused.
Smackdown pretty much confirmed the Mizdow face turn tonight.

I'm still hoping for an Ambrose win at Royal Rumble but I just don't think the momentum is there. It stinks because his feud with Rollins was the best thing on WWE all of last year.
cchsfan4life Wrote:I could see Lesnar winning and then Seth cashing in the money in bank only to be stopped again by Sting coming out.....Brock would take out Rollins and hang on to the title. As far as the rumble match.....it just depends on which route they want to go if Bryan doesn't win I think there will be boos (including for Regins) just like last year.....but if they want to stick with the orginal plan they will go with Regins......I personally would like to see Ziggler win it but all of his momentum was killed with the firing.

I just don't see Rollins not cashing in and WIN the title. You can get away with Cena cashing in and losing, but not anyone else on the Roster. When Seth cashes in, he WILL be the champion. I'm just not sure they can lead into WM with him as the Main Event. I believe he can, I'm not sure Vince does though.
Stardust Wrote:I just don't see Rollins not cashing in and WIN the title. You can get away with Cena cashing in and losing, but not anyone else on the Roster. When Seth cashes in, he WILL be the champion. I'm just not sure they can lead into WM with him as the Main Event. I believe he can, I'm not sure Vince does though.

Ever since the Rollins/Ambrose feud started, I've always felt like they want Rollins to cash in and Ambrose to screw it up for him.
The Ascension beat the New Age Outlaws
So we pretty much just had a promo confirming Sting will wrestler at WM 31.......
Tag Titles match is next. The Miz/Mizdow vs. The Usos ©
Usos retain the tag titles
Divas match is next
The Bella Twins win the divas match against Paige and Natayla
Up next: WWE Title; Lesnar © vs. Cena vs. Rollins