Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region Tournament at Corbin
Monday Upper Bracket 12:00 North Laurel vr Harlan Co.
2:00 Knox Central vr Corbin
Lower Bracket 4:00 Middlesboro vr Lynn Camp
6:00 South Laurel vr Clay County
Tuesday Semi's 6:00 and 7:45
Thursday Finals 6:30
North will be playing without shortstop Kailin Yantz, a Junior East- West All-Star. The South Clay game should be a good one. I still think it'll be a North vr South final. I'm not as confident in North without Yantz, but you never know what you're gonna get with South's defense. Lawson's performance in the circle will be key. Vires will be steady. I still think North wins.
A good draw for North, I thought, will give them a couple more games to adjust to not having Nantz. South got a much tougher road, Clay and Middlesboro could pull off an upset. Be interesting to see how Burns handles his pitching, I think they have to ride Lawson in the circle. If Salva is out there too long, they may not make the finals.
North will cruise to the finals. Rebecca Riley will do just fine at shortstop and Abbey Proffitt will be fine at third base. The key is Vires. it's going to be interesting to see who Burns throws. I'd going with the Texas girl as long as possible. South Laurel's 1-3 hitters have been impressive all year. If they can get on and Powenski and Lawson comes through at the plate then South can win the region again. Defense is key, too.
1st round
North
Corbin

Mboro
South

Semis
North
South

Champion
South

North and South will be in the finals. No doubt about that one.
You don't know softball if you think there is no doubt it's gonna be North and South. Times have changed both Middlesboro and Clay can beat South Laurel.
Updates from Today games

North Laurel 6 Harlan County 0 Top two
Final North Laurel 10 Harlan County 0

North Laurel will advance to play tomorrow at 6:00 vs the winner of Corbin vs Knox Central
Corbin vs Knox Central first pitch at 2:00
Mountaindew Wrote:You don't know softball if you think there is no doubt it's gonna be North and South. Times have changed both Middlesboro and Clay can beat South Laurel.

You don't know me if you don't know that ive been calling Mboro the only team with a reasonable chance of winning region besides North and South. Ive said it all year long.

Now, those three teams, plus Corbin are the only ones left.
North should breeze by Corbin. The South/Mboro game could be a good one, but id be surprised if Mboro won. Either way, I hope Mboro wins the whole thing.
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Clay has narrowed the gap but just can't get over the hump. South will beat Middlesboro and it'll be a North- South final. North has the stopper, Vires. North wins.
Clay will be fine....they are young and have an amazing 8th grade class coming up.....if they stay together there is no reason they shouldn't have at least a few regional titles.
Corbin up 4-2 on North going into the 7th....
North comes back to win.
North comes back in 7th to win against Corbin 6-5.

South/Mboro up next if it don't rain.