Poll: Taylor County - at Adair County - 7:00 PM
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Taylor County
83.33%
Adair County
16.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taylor County - at Adair County - 7:00 PM
Taylor County - at Adair County - 7:00 PM
looking forward to seeing what Dudley will do with Taylor Co this year. How many players does he have back ?

Dudley will have a full year with this team this year that he had a good turn around with them last year. I will be watching this team closely
Should be a fun game. These two are natural rivals in baseball and basketball as is, being in the 19th district.

Adair returns the farm (and, will again in '16) from the best team in school history last year that was largely dominated by sophomores, and some VERY talented skill kids in that class. They finished 9-4 and the first playoff win in school history.

Taylor returns some key spots as well, while also getting a few transfers (two of which being the sons of one of the new assistant coaches). I don't think Taylor will be as big as they were last year, but it would be hard for them or any team to be that. Dudley wouldn't have gone there if he didn't think he could be succeful. His style perfectly matches what Taylor County will havr year in year out.

Should be a great game. I'm giving Adair the edge. Scoring points will not be an issue with that bunch. Some great talent and great coaching going on there...put those two things together and things happen.
^^^
Minor note... Adair was 9-3... dont want to give them an extra loss

I am kind of excited to see what happens in 3A District 2. Adair and Etown both are bit of Wildcards. Both teams didn't quite put it together enough to be one of the Top 10 teams and a serious threat last year, but both return basically everyone and should be even more improved.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:^^^
Minor note... Adair was 9-3... dont want to give them an extra loss

I am kind of excited to see what happens in 3A District 2. Adair and Etown both are bit of Wildcards. Both teams didn't quite put it together enough to be one of the Top 10 teams and a serious threat last year, but both return basically everyone and should be even more improved.

Right you are! My fault there.

Yes they do. Adair I would say returns quite a bit more. I think it's something like 8 on D and 10 return on O.

E-town returns most, if not all of their skill kids with some new transfers in those spots, but really took a hit up front on both sides of the ball.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Right you are! My fault there.

Yes they do. Adair I would say returns quite a bit more. I think it's something like 8 on D and 10 return on O.

E-town returns most, if not all of their skill kids with some new transfers in those spots, but really took a hit up front on both sides of the ball.

My only critique with Adair is if you have all this experience back... you have to upgrade that schedule a little bit. I am not sure there is a single team expected to be in their respective class' Top 10.

District 1 should be pretty stout with Tilghman and Caldwell and three good but not great programs in Trigg, Union, and Ft Campbell... Adair, IMHO, probably needed at least one game against a team similar to Caldwell or PT's level so they would know what to expect come the 2nd Round.
Man this is a tough one. I don't like picking against coach Hilton. :popcorn:

Adair County 21
Taylor County 14
Dudley :Cheerlead
I can't say Adair... Hilton will have Taylor Co. Ready to win....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:My only critique with Adair is if you have all this experience back... you have to upgrade that schedule a little bit. I am not sure there is a single team expected to be in their respective class' Top 10.

District 1 should be pretty stout with Tilghman and Caldwell and three good but not great programs in Trigg, Union, and Ft Campbell... Adair, IMHO, probably needed at least one game against a team similar to Caldwell or PT's level so they would know what to expect come the 2nd Round.

Honestly, I don't think that would matter one bit & there isn't anybody on here that wants to see Adair County climb the mountain more than me. Skill wise, E-town will be as good as any of the others in D1 outside of Tilghman (maybe not quite Caldwell, but as good or better than the other three & I'd still put their overall skill up against Caldwell. If E-town's QB, Sullivan, gets the clear from his Tommy John surgery I wouldn't even hesitate to put their skill up against Caldwell...a push). Adair isn't Tilghman ready. They have ran into them the last few years & last years 2nd round match up proved to be the same. Both teams return practically the same teams from last year. Fortunately for Adair County fans, though? This ride will carry into the 2016 season. Their home run hitters, 6'5 200 QB Chance Melton in particular, are all juniors right now.

It's big picture thinking in Columbia. Last year they were playing to get to their first playoff win & that got accomplished. This year, they are playing to make it to their 1st Region Title game, which, if they win their district could happen.

The difference in Caldwell and E-town is the supporting cast around their skill. E-town was hit hard in that department. Their OL & DL both took a huge hit. They didn't lose all of them, but they did the ones that moved the furniture.
I would like to see Adair win, but cant pick against Taylor County because Dudley Hilton will have them ready to play this season.
Dudley has 20 upper classmen keep your eye on him
Did they play last year?
I don't care who the coach is, Taylor County is still Taylor County. Adair will win the game.
Jackson05 Wrote:I don't care who the coach is, Taylor County is still Taylor County. Adair will win the game.
Confusedtare:
Jackson05 Wrote:I don't care who the coach is, Taylor County is still Taylor County. Adair will win the game.

If you keep making statements like this no one is gonna take you seriously..the coach is everything in high school football.

Let me justify this statement

Bell Co before Dudley 0-eternity on State Titles..... with 2 State titles

Bourbon Co 0-eternity on State Titles...... with Won one his second year

Rockcastle with Larkey winning program and played for state title without can win district

There are all kinds of example like this across the state Coaches can make the difference
:truestory:
It still gets down to talent. Adair obviously has talent. Taylor does not. A good coach can only do so much. You can put kids in the right place, but if his Jimmy is better than your Joe there isn't much you can do about it.

Now if the guy from Adair has no clue about how to coach his team or attack what Taylor County is doing, that's a little different. I tend to give the guy a little more credit than that.

Sorry I don't sip from the cup of Hilton.
Jackson05 Wrote:It still gets down to talent. Adair obviously has talent. Taylor does not. A good coach can only do so much. You can put kids in the right place, but if his Jimmy is better than your Joe there isn't much you can do about it.

Now if the guy from Adair has no clue about how to coach his team or attack what Taylor County is doing, that's a little different. I tend to give the guy a little more credit than that.

To borrow a line from Lee Corso, "not so fast my friend." Coaching is huge. Consider last year's Taylor County team. Started 0-3 under previous coach (third loss was a blowout to rival 1A Campbellsville, where TC ended up with negative total yards for the game that led to coaching change) Dudley comes in and goes 4-3 with the same players. Two of those three losses were to Lex Catholic and Boyle County. Go to playoffs at Knox Central and played a close game, even were up in the second half before falling 21-12. Same players but looked like two different teams before Dudley and after Dudley. I also am curious as to the lack of talent you are referring to. Granted TC is not loaded with D1 talent but neither is Adair.
Jackson05 Wrote:It still gets down to talent. Adair obviously has talent. Taylor does not. A good coach can only do so much. You can put kids in the right place, but if his Jimmy is better than your Joe there isn't much you can do about it.

there is plenty Dudley can do about it and he will win this game. remember I said so.
pjdoug Wrote:there is plenty Dudley can do about it and he will win this game. remember I said so.

Adair would win this game if Vince Lombardi was coaching Taylor co. Adair is for real everyone knows about Melton, and Lasley but they have several players that will make some noise this year Cameron Lasley 6-1 receiver with big future ahead of him. The Grant brothers Lonnie Grant is much more gifted with more size than his older brother that had over 2000 yards rushing in his career also catches the ball as good as any back in the state. Daniel Grant is a senior that anchor's the D-line and can flat cause nightmares for the offense. Josh Brown is a great linebacker that is as tough hard nosed player anywere has led the team in tackles the last 2 years..Jeremy Luttrell 6-3 230 OL-DL is definitely next level material..And trust me Adair's offensive line can run Hixson and Doss can move..I'm not going to lie and say good luck to Taylor co. because of the way they do things but those thinking they can beat Adair will see.
Dudley will NOT let a coach or 1-2 players beat him. Mark it down. You better overpower, and execute to the best of your ability to win. There is no one better at taking an offensive and Defensive strength away.... He keeps the ball....
A sip from dudleys cup might be good for ya.
What Central and Western Ky needs to know about Hilton...
His teams grind you for 4 full quarters
His teams don't commit turnovers or fumble often
His teams jump up and slap a high five with a 3 yard rush as the seconds tick away, and love it when it takes 3-4 tries for first Down.
His teams will not miss many tackles and be prepared
His teams will not let a good RB beat him, or Qb. They will hit them early and often.
All this throws the team out of rythem. And wear teams down in 2 nd half.
I'm from EKY. He did it here, did it at Bourbon, and will continue. Bet the coach of any opposition knows the name and knows he is one of the top HS coaches in the state. No matter what.. If you don't know the above, or believe it. You will soon. Promise that.
Moose Head Wrote:Adair would win this game if Vince Lombardi was coaching Taylor co. Adair is for real everyone knows about Melton, and Lasley but they have several players that will make some noise this year Cameron Lasley 6-1 receiver with big future ahead of him. The Grant brothers Lonnie Grant is much more gifted with more size than his older brother that had over 2000 yards rushing in his career also catches the ball as good as any back in the state. Daniel Grant is a senior that anchor's the D-line and can flat cause nightmares for the offense. Josh Brown is a great linebacker that is as tough hard nosed player anywere has led the team in tackles the last 2 years..Jeremy Luttrell 6-3 230 OL-DL is definitely next level material..And trust me Adair's offensive line can run Hixson and Doss can move..I'm not going to lie and say good luck to Taylor co. because of the way they do things but those thinking they can beat Adair will see.

Just curious, Dudley aside, why the lack of respect for the cards? There have been several posts extolling the seemingly neverending talent at Adair. Personally, even though I am a Taylor fan, I know little about Adair, therefore I am not going to disparage a team that I know little about. I did go to a 7 on 7 at Adair a few weeks ago. I don't think we played Adair's starters but the Adair squad we played was no better than our athletes. I know it was backyard football (7 on 7) but I am trying to understand the overconfidence.
HighViz Wrote:What Central and Western Ky needs to know about Hilton...
His teams grind you for 4 full quarters
His teams don't commit turnovers or fumble often
His teams jump up and slap a high five with a 3 yard rush as the seconds tick away, and love it when it takes 3-4 tries for first Down.
His teams will not miss many tackles and be prepared
His teams will not let a good RB beat him, or Qb. They will hit them early and often.
All this throws the team out of rythem. And wear teams down in 2 nd half.
I'm from EKY. He did it here, did it at Bourbon, and will continue. Bet the coach of any opposition knows the name and knows he is one of the top HS coaches in the state. No matter what.. If you don't know the above, or believe it. You will soon. Promise that.
Why is he coaching high school if he's the greatest thing since sliced bred? And some of you guys should be his agent making millions of dollars..I want to ask you guys a question and answer it honest because I don't really know but rumors are when he took the Bourbon Co. job he brought several players with him true or false? And one thing in football all good coaches know is you can't make the kids do it and coaches can't do it for them the kids play the games.
Moose Head Wrote:Why is he coaching high school if he's the greatest thing since sliced bred? And some of you guys should be his agent making millions of dollars..I want to ask you guys a question and answer it honest because I don't really know but rumors are when he took the Bourbon Co. job he brought several players with him true or false? And one thing in football all good coaches know is you can't make the kids do it and coaches can't do it for them the kids play the games.

You do realize that he is second in number of victories in the Commonwealth to coach Haywood? (His winning percentage is higher than Haywood's .769 vs. .754) He was head coach at the University of Pikeville before coming to Taylor. You are correct that he cannot play, it is the kids that play. As a coach it is his job to make sure the kids are ready to play. He established a powerhouse while at Bell and won a state title at Bourbon. He has won everywhere he has been. He had the option of not returning to Taylor this year but chose to. Maybe it's just me, but if I had that track record I would have to see potential before I would take a job. Adair may very well win this game, but I can't wait for kickoff and get this season started!
Better believe Dudley will have his boys ready.
A few things about Dudley.

At Bourbon, the Persian (sp?) brothers, Tim and Tom (most notably, Tim) did move in...but, they did that before the '96 season where Bourbon finished 2-8.

Secondly, Bourbon did and didn't dominate the 97 season. Dudley getting them to 7-0 in and of itself speaks volumes to the magic he makes, but Bourbon finished 3rd in their district that year (maybe 4th, but I believe that was LexCath. Boyle 1, Danville 2, LexCath 3, Bourbon 4). Their first loss that year was a 37-0 loss to Danville.

That district swept their sister district in the 1st round. In the 2nd, it was a mess. Danville hosted LexCath and Boyle hosted Bourbon. Bourbon beat Boyle in a slop fest, and 2 miles down the road, LexCath beat Danville on a last second hail Mary from about 50 yards out.

Down goes LexCath in the region (3-4 match up) & down goes Lawrence County in the Semis who had just snapped Breathitts 42 game win streak.

Back to the topic at hand.

I personally think Adair will handle Taylor. Adair has a ton of weapons. They have a group of skill kids that most schools would like to have, and 3-4 of them (QB included) can take it to the house anytime the touch it. Chance Melton (QB, 6'5 200 JR), Jordan Lasley (JR..a buck 50 w rocks in hid pocketd, but can crap on lightning) and transfer Shymez Brabson (ATH- JR) can all go the distance at a given moment. Brabson played a significant role as a sophomore last year in TN at his previous high school.

Dudley wouldn't have gone to Taylor County if he didn't think he could win. He wouldn't have gone there if he didn't think the kids were there that would fit his style of play. As other posters have said, they will try to beat the will out of you. He/They are going to see just how many times you can take getting hit in the mouth (literally).

I, for one, thought playing LexCath to a 13-8 score was a fluke. But, then..when they almost knocked off 1 seed Knox Central on the 1st round...he and his teams made me a believer yet, again.

I love Dudley as a coach and his teams for the style they play. It's time tested. And in a world where it's almost "If you aren't in the spread, you don't know how to coach" mindset, I love seeing old school prevail...be it the older guys or the young guys who are old school in their ways.

With that said, I believe and hope that Adair County pulls this one out. Exciting times in Columbia. Something every small community should experience in that fall, and I hope they take it as far as they possibly can and then some...starting two weeks from tonight.
Moose Head Wrote:Adair would win this game if Vince Lombardi was coaching Taylor co. Adair is for real everyone knows about Melton, and Lasley but they have several players that will make some noise this year Cameron Lasley 6-1 receiver with big future ahead of him. The Grant brothers Lonnie Grant is much more gifted with more size than his older brother that had over 2000 yards rushing in his career also catches the ball as good as any back in the state. Daniel Grant is a senior that anchor's the D-line and can flat cause nightmares for the offense. Josh Brown is a great linebacker that is as tough hard nosed player anywere has led the team in tackles the last 2 years..Jeremy Luttrell 6-3 230 OL-DL is definitely next level material..And trust me Adair's offensive line can run Hixson and Doss can move..I'm not going to lie and say good luck to Taylor co. because of the way they do things but those thinking they can beat Adair will see.

Lombardi ain't coaching. Hilton is and he will win this game :betterthanexpected:
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:A few things about Dudley.

At Bourbon, the Persian (sp?) brothers, Tim and Tom (most notably, Tim) did move in...but, they did that before the '96 season where Bourbon finished 2-8.

Secondly, Bourbon did and didn't dominate the 97 season. Dudley getting them to 7-0 in and of itself speaks volumes to the magic he makes, but Bourbon finished 3rd in their district that year (maybe 4th, but I believe that was LexCath. Boyle 1, Danville 2, LexCath 3, Bourbon 4). Their first loss that year was a 37-0 loss to Danville.

That district swept their sister district in the 1st round. In the 2nd, it was a mess. Danville hosted LexCath and Boyle hosted Bourbon. Bourbon beat Boyle in a slop fest, and 2 miles down the road, LexCath beat Danville on a last second hail Mary from about 50 yards out.

Down goes LexCath in the region (3-4 match up) & down goes Lawrence County in the Semis who had just snapped Breathitts 42 game win streak.

Back to the topic at hand.

I personally think Adair will handle Taylor. Adair has a ton of weapons. They have a group of skill kids that most schools would like to have, and 3-4 of them (QB included) can take it to the house anytime the touch it. Chance Melton (QB, 6'5 200 JR), Jordan Lasley (JR..a buck 50 w rocks in hid pocketd, but can crap on lightning) and transfer Shymez Brabson (ATH- JR) can all go the distance at a given moment. Brabson played a significant role as a sophomore last year in TN at his previous high school.

Dudley wouldn't have gone to Taylor County if he didn't think he could win. He wouldn't have gone there if he didn't think the kids were there that would fit his style of play. As other posters have said, they will try to beat the will out of you. He/They are going to see just how many times you can take getting hit in the mouth (literally).

I, for one, thought playing LexCath to a 13-8 score was a fluke. But, then..when they almost knocked off 1 seed Knox Central on the 1st round...he and his teams made me a believer yet, again.

I love Dudley as a coach and his teams for the style they play. It's time tested. And in a world where it's almost "If you aren't in the spread, you don't know how to coach" mindset, I love seeing old school prevail...be it the older guys or the young guys who are old school in their ways.

With that said, I believe and hope that Adair County pulls this one out. Exciting times in Columbia. Something every small community should experience in that fall, and I hope they take it as far as they possibly can and then some...starting two weeks from tonight.
Very well spoken Fly Like A Duck..proof is in the pudding Dudley, has eared his respect but the boys at Adair, must now do the same thanks, and we will talk soon.