Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 34 EKU 27
Final from CWS. A very ugly game but a W is a W.

Wildcats improve to 4-1 on the season.
Ridiculousness...

Based on tonights performance the SEC opponents are going to roll is up and smoke us!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Went to this one and it was just a complete mess. Kentucky had no business thinking this was an automatic blowout win for them and looking ahead to Auburn.
Kentucky is lucky to escape with this one. The whole team sucked. Proud of colonels. They put up one heck of a fight
Just embarrassing.
This offensive line is softer than most middle school teams ive seen.
Towles continues his good, suck, good, suck routine and its becoming a problem.

Just stupid.
Can't believe we won this game, can't believe our o-line got trashed like that by an FBS team, can't believe the better qb was on the other team, and the best running back too. Mr. Fball, this is why we tear our hair out year after year. I won't say anything else about Barker getting on the field, because if he didn't last night it's never going to happen. Hey Gut, Towles is on line for a good game against Auburn so maybe we have a shot. His stats wound up looking pretty good last night, but he failed the eye test again. And coaches, how could you not have your team mentally ready to go against a lesser opponent your kids had a bar brawl with?!? If we were anywhere close to legit, this would have been in the neighborhood of 35-7 at least.
And also I hate to be clueless, but why wasn't McGinnis kicking last night? The kid that was kicking missed one extra point, nearly missed two more, and I just KNEW, I mean I KNEW, he was going to miss the one at the end of the 4th quarter to tie the game, because that would have been so KENTUCKY FOOTBALL if he had.
Spirit100 Wrote:Ridiculousness...

Based on tonights performance the SEC opponents are going to roll is up and smoke us!!!

This gives a very disturbing visual image!!

Van Hagar Wrote:Can't believe we won this game, can't believe our o-line got trashed like that by an FBS team, can't believe the better qb was on the other team, and the best running back too. Mr. Fball, this is why we tear our hair out year after year. I won't say anything else about Barker getting on the field, because if he didn't last night it's never going to happen. Hey Gut, Towles is on line for a good game against Auburn so maybe we have a shot. His stats wound up looking pretty good last night, but he failed the eye test again. And coaches, how could you not have your team mentally ready to go against a lesser opponent your kids had a bar brawl with?!? If we were anywhere close to legit, this would have been in the neighborhood of 35-7 at least.

Everytime Towles looked to the sidelines and the camera was close up on him, I had to laugh.....remembering your comment!! Dude....where'd we park the car?? LOL
UK is lucky to have gotten a win in this game. This one may have done me in though. I don't even look forward to the next game. I hope my mind changes as the week goes along, and I can forget this circus.

Van Hagar Wrote:And also I hate to be clueless, but why wasn't McGinnis kicking last night? The kid that was kicking missed one extra point, nearly missed two more, and I just KNEW, I mean I KNEW, he was going to miss the one at the end of the 4th quarter to tie the game, because that would have been so KENTUCKY FOOTBALL if he had.

Yeah..that^^
If the coaching staff had any faith in our team, we would've gone for the win on the last TD. Go big or go home! I would've said no guts no glory, but UK proved that saying incorrect last night.
Just pathetic. That's all.
Towles has the arm strength,but I think that is about all he has.
McGinnis is injured
^I hadn't read about that.
All week we heard about getting Barker and some of the younger kids in this supposed blow out game....Then throw in the Boom Williams drama...That was very poor preparation and effort by our team and coaches...Very lucky to get the win, but it was a win and we are 4-1...We have 10 days to prepare for Auburn let's hope our players and coaches do a better job, bring on the War Eagles or Tigers...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just embarrassing.
This offensive line is softer than most middle school teams ive seen.
Towles continues his good, suck, good, suck routine and its becoming a problem.

Just stupid.

It was truly alarming how often EKU was able to get to Towles, I hate to judge Patrick on nights like this when he spent most of the night running for his life...
Glad to see my Colonels put on a good showing. After watching EKU at the NC St. game, I was expecting a blowout. I really wish I could have seen this game. Having no cable and living in NC, UK vs. EKU is not priority for some reason.
A question for other UK fans. If UK manages to get to six wins against less than stellar competition, would you be happy to a trip to the Toilet Bowl? Do you think UK would be deserving of a bowl with a possibility of 3 conference wins?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:It was truly alarming how often EKU was able to get to Towles, I hate to judge Patrick on nights like this when he spent most of the night running for his life...
I do agree they got to him often, but man he has got to learn to get rid of the ball. Taking a sack when he can throw it out of bounds is just uncalled for.
Kentucky now ranks 119th in sacks allowed. After 105th last year, 112th the year before. Sacked four times by EKU. Per Kyle Tucker...
4-1 Overall, 2-1 SEC

UK is now tied at 2nd Place with Georgia in the SEC East with identical records

1. Florida 5-0, 3-0
2. Kentucky 4-1, 2-1
2. Georgia 4-1, 2-1
4. Missouri 4-1, 1-1
5. S. Carolina 2-3, 0-3
6. Tennessee 2-3, 0-2
7. Vanderbilt 2-3, 0-2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Glad to see my Colonels put on a good showing. After watching EKU at the NC St. game, I was expecting a blowout. I really wish I could have seen this game. Having no cable and living in NC, UK vs. EKU is not priority for some reason.
A question for other UK fans. If UK manages to get to six wins against less than stellar competition, would you be happy to a trip to the Toilet Bowl? Do you think UK would be deserving of a bowl with a possibility of 3 conference wins?

Do you not get the SEC channel??
Toilet Bowl!! Confusednicker:
:flush:

OldJacket Wrote:All week we heard about getting Barker and some of the younger kids in this supposed blow out game....Then throw in the Boom Williams drama...That was very poor preparation and effort by our team and coaches...Very lucky to get the win, but it was a win and we are 4-1...We have 10 days to prepare for Auburn let's hope our players and coaches do a better job, bring on the War Eagles or Tigers...

So what's the real story about the Boom drama?? I've heard everything from being mad over his playing time to him going to be a new daddy.

BelfryPride Wrote:4-1 Overall, 2-1 SEC

UK is now tied at 2nd Place with Georgia in the SEC East with identical records

1. Florida 5-0, 3-0
2. Kentucky 4-1, 2-1
2. Georgia 4-1, 2-1
4. Missouri 4-1, 1-1
5. S. Carolina 2-3, 0-3
6. Tennessee 2-3, 0-2
7. Vanderbilt 2-3, 0-2

And we SHOULD have beaten Florida!!
55 rushing yards against a FCS team is just plain out embarrassing and giving up 4 sacks. This is the outcome when you come into a game expecting to just show up and get a blowout win. I am sure Coach Stoops will absolutely make practices miserable this week. They have to learn not to overlook an opponent.
Hats off to EKU for playing an excellent game! Hats on to the Ky program for looking far less than a legitimate SEC program! Just when I wanted to believe these Cats have a chance to have a special season I get a smack in the face and big dose of reality... It's unbelievable how close this team was to suffering a loss that would have been historically embarrassing to say the least! I'm 53 years old and have had optimistic hopes CRUSHED by this program so many times (year after year) as a matter of fact that it is very hard to take this program serious? I guess once again we will be expected to hope for a 6-6 season and a bid to an irrelevant bowl....... Whoopdy de doo!!! Maybe by some type of magic we will have an unthinkable 7-5 regular season? Lol, I guess the only thing to do is laugh it off and look forward to basketball season....................
Granny Bear Wrote:Do you not get the SEC channel??
Toilet Bowl!! Confusednicker:
:flush:

So what's the real story about the Boom drama?? I've heard everything from being mad over his playing time to him going to be a new daddy.

And we SHOULD have beaten Florida!!

No. We have rabbit ears.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Hats off to EKU for playing an excellent game! Hats on to the Ky program for looking far less than a legitimate SEC program! Just when I wanted to believe these Cats have a chance to have a special season I get a smack in the face and big dose of reality... It's unbelievable how close this team was to suffering a loss that would have been historically embarrassing to say the least! I'm 53 years old and have had optimistic hopes CRUSHED by this program so many times (year after year) as a matter of fact that it is very hard to take this program serious? I guess once again we will be expected to hope for a 6-6 season and a bid to an irrelevant bowl....... Whoopdy de doo!!! Maybe by some type of magic we will have an unthinkable 7-5 regular season? Lol, I guess the only thing to do is laugh it off and look forward to basketball season....................

I agree. Watching and rooting for UK, except for last night as I am an EKU grad. I am frustrated that UK shoots for 6 wins to earn a bid to a bowl no one cares about. What is wrong with shooting to be the best in the conference and playing a legitimate bowl? I never understood the philosophy that UK has towards football play sisters of the poor and hope for two conference wins to earn a bowl. I don't care who you root for, 6-6 is not worthy of a bowl appearance. The NCAA needs to get rid of about half of these bowls, there are too many of them. IMO, only teams with winning conference records should be eligible for a bowl bid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The sky is falling.
EKU outplayed and out-coached Kentucky for all but the last 7 minutes of the game and overtime. UK should have lost the game but they did not.

I'm not taking up for them, but these are college kids. They hear the media all week and even their own coaching staff promising that Drew Barker would get playing time, in essence saying we're going to beat EKU with no problem. EKU played their asses off for their fallen team mate and UK wasn't expecting that.

UK has a 12 day advantage to prepare for Auburn that rolls into Lexington very beatable for a Thursday night game on ESPN. That game is a sellout already and will more than likely be UK's "Blackout" game.

The 12 day layoff comes at a good time for Kentucky to heal up some. The back half of the schedule is very favorable for Kentucky having 4 of the 7 games remaining in Lexington.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FBALL Wrote:The sky is falling.

The three teams I have always followed, UK, North Laurel and the Bengals, are a combined 15-1 right now. That's unheard of for the three that aren't used to a lot of success, and I know I should be more positive right now, I'll absolutely give you that point. I should just enjoy the moment, but why can't I shake this feeling that the sky WILL fall eventually?
This might be the year EKU gets a victory over the Cats?

- See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...QVsfT.dpuf

As we go back to an earlier post I kinda saw this coming! Painfully so......
Old Kentucky football looses that game..........
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Demarcus ware Wrote:I do agree they got to him often, but man he has got to learn to get rid of the ball. Taking a sack when he can throw it out of bounds is just uncalled for.

right. he was leaving the pocket and hanging on to the ball.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Old Kentucky football looses that game..........

Judging from the scores of games in the past - old Kentucky football would have never let that get to overtime.