Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 27 Scott 26
final
Wayne is looking really good right now at a time where JC isn't looking so hot.
Wow, sounds like an incredible game. Best wishes to Scott's kids and congratulations on a hard-fought game - especially to the seniors. Great bunch. Best of luck to Johnson Central in their quest for a state title. JC hasn't made it past the regional final since 2006, and this group now has an opportunity to do what no JC team has ever done - make it to the state finals. Best of luck - you guys got this. Knock it out!!!
WideRight05 Wrote:Wow, sounds like an incredible game. Best wishes to Scott's kids and congratulations on a hard-fought game - especially to the seniors. Great bunch. Best of luck to Johnson Central in their quest for a state title. JC hasn't made it past the regional final since 2006, and this group now has an opportunity to do what no JC team has ever done - make it to the state finals. Best of luck - you guys got this. Knock it out!!!

Great post!:rockon:
That game was everything I thought it would be. Neither team had a ounce of quit and it came down to the last play.
Congrats to Johnson central...
Congrats to JC.
Congrats. I got to listen to the end of the game. Tremendous comeback.
Congrats JC. Way to hang in there and fight back. The city of Paintsville will be the a disaster zone next Friday with both JC and Paintsville hosting semi-final games, and BLACK Friday on top of that.
Jc will be at Wayne next week
JC will be at Wayne County, not at home.
Love it!
Belfry and Pikeville. Are they both home?
I know Belfry is don't know about Pikeville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Mjolnir Wrote:Love it!
Belfry and Pikeville. Are they both home?

Belfry is but Pikeville will be at Paintsville.
Congrats JC! Hope to see you guys in Bowling Green!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats JC
Dreams are made of such things.
Unbelievable play at the end.....congrats to JC!!!#CLUTCH
Congrats to the JC Golden Eagles! Sounds like this was a heckuva game! Way to keep fighting And pull out the win!
Who caught the game winning td? Did workman throw it, that young man showed a tremendous amount of grit tonight.
Geordon Blanton caught the pass from Bryce Workman.
With 7 seconds left, that was the best pass play (so far) in JC's history.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Just got home.... a win like that made the 3+ hour drive a lot better.

For 47:53.... Scott beat JC. All phases of the game.
Scott caused 4 JC turnovers.... 3 INT's & 1 fumble.

I really thought our season was gonna end tonight. In the 4th quarter, we had two INT's deep in our own territory.

But in those last 7 seconds.... magic happened!!!!
NEVER DOUBT A STATE CHAMPION WRESTLER!!!!!!
Thanks Pulp ,good luck to JC @ Wayne next week.
That last play was incredible.
I've seen two videos of it, and both really dont capture the awesomeness the catch and body control Geordon Blanton used.
I told you all last week Scott was no push over and would challenge JC to the end. I've heard nothing but great things about this game. I chose the wrong one to attend...:biggrin:

A heartbreaking end to a very good season for Scott. Those kids have a lot to be proud of taking the program to the heights they did this year. And congratulations on the win JC and having the perseverance to battle literally until the last play of the game!

I couldn't think of a better way to honor Scott than for you all to go to state and bring a championship back to EKY. Best wishes and good luck Golden Eagles.

Pulp- I hope you got to enjoy your milk and LaRosas pizza while in NKY! Hope all of you made it back home safely! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
To the WSIP broadcast team: a fumble that the offense recovers is not a turnover. A turnover is a play by the offense that results in a loss of possession. Please stop referring to fumbles recovered by the offensive team as turnovers - such plays are not turnovers.

Pulp, how hobbled did Workman look last night? Did Scott just do a great job defending him or was he just not a threat to keep the ball on the option?

The broadcast team was very complimentary of Scott's team, but they made it seem like Workman played a very gutsy game on one good leg. If he can't run, JC may have serious trouble getting past a surging Wayne County team.

BTW, thanks for the updates. If JC makes it past Wayne County, my daughter and I will probably make the trip to Bowling Green.
Scott's DB's did an excellent job on pass coverage for 47:53 seconds. Workman did come up a few times with a limp, but he played the entire game.

No joke, I woke up this morning and thought it was a dream.

I was standing along the fence in the end zone where Blanton caught the GW TD pass....... how he caught that ball and got his feet down and maintained possession is a miracle. But thank God he did.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wayne is looking really good right now at a time where JC isn't looking so hot.

this was closer than I expected. should be a tough game at Monticello next week.
^^ I am SO mad at you!!! I went to sleep last night thinking Johnson Central had lost the game. You WILL pay!!!

Congratulations Golden Eagles. Sounds like it was a fight to the finish!!

Sure hope you guys go to Bowling Green; if so, I will be there to cheer you on!!

I'm angry with Pulp NOT pj!! pj post bombed me!!