Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Wayne County - 4A Semi-State
On Black Friday, Johnson Central makes the 3+ hour drive to Monticello to play the Cardinals of Wayne County.

The winner will advance to play in the Class 4A state championship game.

This would be a great Wrestling meet. Wayne County & JC have a Top 10 ranked wrestling team year in a year out.

But this is football.
Last Friday night.... JC escaped Covington Scott with a answered prayer. That's the only think you can say..... not a Hail Mary, but an answered prayer.

This will be the 2nd time in JC's history they have played in a Semi-State football game. The last time was in Class 3A in 2006 vs. Covington Catholic.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC takes down Wayne 14-7 with a pile-driver in the 4th, Ric Flair style at that
I think everyone really wants this for JC. They have a lot of good people in that town, on the team, parents, fans, and definetely apart of the coaching staff. I hope everything goes well for them this week. That is a tough journey to take before a foootball game, but if anyone can be prepared for something like that I think they can. Every time you move up a week in the playoffs the outcome will always depend more and more on who wants it more. One thing ive always loved about that community is regardless of the outcome week after week the players always know their entire community is behind them. Imagine having two teams from Johnson County playing the state championship at the same time. It is a great example of what kind of program you can have when you have good people influencing your players everyday.
baseball1974 Wrote:I think everyone really wants this for JC. They have a lot of good people in that town, on the team, parents, fans, and definetely apart of the coaching staff. I hope everything goes well for them this week. That is a tough journey to take before a foootball game, but if anyone can be prepared for something like that I think they can. Every time you move up a week in the playoffs the outcome will always depend more and more on who wants it more. One thing ive always loved about that community is regardless of the outcome week after week the players always know their entire community is behind them. Imagine having two teams from Johnson County playing the state championship at the same time. It is a great example of what kind of program you can have when you have good people influencing your players everyday.

I'm really rooting for JC but it would be better to have two Pike County teams playing instead, but I will cheer for whoever makes it between Pikeville and Painstville.
Wayne County 28-14.
Very good sign that this game is being played on "Black Friday"...

JC's O-Line has been playing their best football of the season during the playoffs. If Workman is 100% then I believe JC wins 2-3 TDs. If he is not, then it will be close but in the end I think this is the year JC makes it to Bowling Green.
I'll be pulling for jc and this is coming from lc fan! Good luck golden eagles.
JC wins 28-13
JC and Wayne County have no previous varsity football meetings.

Wayne County's last Semi-Finals appearance was in 2013 in Class 3A vs. Paducah Tilghman. WC won 34-10. WC lost 0-3 vs. Belfry in the State championship.
OMG, you mean you have NO stats to compare???
Well, we may as well not even play the game!!!
Confusednicker:

Johnson Central is on a mission and they proved that last week when they played a very good Scott team.

I think they will pull out the win in another barn burner.

Johnson County by 7.
JC by 10.
Also, JC and Wayne County have no common opponents this season.
Johnson Central and Wayne County met in the 2012 Kymsfa 7th grade state semi-final. The Eagles took that one 24-6. If I remember correctly the Cardinals jumped out 6-0, and then with just a few minutes to go in the 2nd the Eagles took the lead 8-6. Onside kick and a reverse on the next play gave the Eagles a 16-6 lead and then another onside kick, a few other big plays, and the score was 24-6 at halftime. No one scored in the second half.

I think this may be the only meeting in football ever. Lol
I watched Wayne county play twice this year so I'm going with the underdogs. Nothing against Johnson Central or Pulp Fiction.....I just like picking teams in my area. :Cheerlead

Wayne County 42
Johnson County 28
I can't believe Wayne is back this far.
mysonis55 Wrote:I can't believe Wayne is back this far.

Wayne is back and up in class.....I beginning to think they have a heck of a coaching staff. Confusedinglepar ...Plus the Athletes
Eagles by 14
lets go wayne county a good football team good luck to both teams and hope injury free
eagles by 7
Get the W Golden Eagles. This should be a war. Like to see Coach Matney get to the State Title game, he has earned it.
Look for JC to get a win in this one. I really expect this year to be an EKY year bringing State Titles in 1A, 3A and 4A home to the mountains!
Can anyone from Wayne tells us about the visitors seating? Someone said that there were very few seats compared to other schools.
baller55 Wrote:Can anyone from Wayne tells us about the visitors seating? Someone said that there were very few seats compared to other schools.

Its small....better bring a chair.
johnnyd Wrote:Its small....better bring a chair.

Thank you!!
Johnson County by 7
People like to complain about Johnson Central's strength of schedule. Since Pulp Fiction has not posted Wayne's schedule, here goes.

Wayne County has wins over the following teams

0-10 Russell County
1-10 West Jessamine
2-9 South Laurel
2-9 Clay County
2-8 Perry Central
5-7 Rockcastle County (2 Wins)
6-6 Mercer County
7-5 Monroe County
8-5 Know Central (2 Wins)

I really look for this to be a really good game.
Being a "Fan of Jewell Field" I'm not a fan of the capacity of visitor seating. It's decent, but small as an earlier poster said bring a chair and you'll enjoy the hospitality!
Most seem to be picking Johnson Central, which they have to be considered the favorites, but Wayne was preseason #3...........in their own district. I know this regardless of schedules, scores or bus-rides, EVERYONE left can play and this game should be a good one. I'm very impressed with Johnson Central and all their program success the past 12 years, but Wayne County has become a pretty nice program under Coach Thompson. Good luck, safe travels and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Home field advantage is 7 pts. and thats all it atkes for Wayne to beat Johnson Central and Wayne still a year or two away from being really good. Ive seen both play and to me its a toss up thats why im going with the home team Wayne 27 Johnson Central 25
hoghead Wrote:Home field advantage is 7 pts. and thats all it atkes for Wayne to beat Johnson Central and Wayne still a year or two away from being really good. Ive seen both play and to me its a toss up thats why im going with the home team Wayne 27 Johnson Central 25

I think that you stole my user name and I'd like to place a wager on this game for my name back. If Wayne happens to win, which they won't, I'll stop using hoghead. When JC wins, because they will, you will stop using hoghead.
So you saying Wayne co not got good people ,parents,coaches its people like you that useless to society!!! Grow up