• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fern Creek @ Bowling Green 11/27/15
Thoughts and predictions :popcorn:

Fern Creek 12-1
Bowling Green 12-1
Purples 28-14
Bowling Green 35
Fern Creek 17

Purples keep rolling after smacking a good Owensboro team last week.
Purples in a very big way.
Fern Creek in the upset. 28-21
Blackcat, you really need to quit drinking before posting. Fern Creek won't play within 3 touchdowns of BG.
Bowlig Green by 21.
I don't know why by I really want to see Fern Creek win this game. I'm not a fan of either team but Fern Creek just seems to be having a special season and I would hate to see it end for them.
mysonis55 Wrote:Blackcat, you really need to quit drinking before posting. Fern Creek won't play within 3 touchdowns of BG.

I guessed I'm drinking BlackCat moonshine also. Fern Creek in a shocker!!! :Cheerlead
Bowling Green 37 Fern Creek 21
mysonis55 Wrote:Blackcat, you really need to quit drinking before posting. Fern Creek won't play within 3 touchdowns of BG.

64SUR Wrote:I guessed I'm drinking BlackCat moonshine also. Fern Creek in a shocker!!! :Cheerlead

:partyhard

Fern Creek getting no respect.

I really think they can pull the upset.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote::partyhard

Fern Creek getting no respect.

I really think they can pull the upset.

I don't think it's an upset. I think they win as well by 7.
That would be almost as big of an upset as when Graves County beat BG last year. But, as we saw, strange things can happen.
It would be an upset if Fern Creek prevails, but, not as big a one as some think.. Fern Creek has the depth, talent and athleticism to play with BG and they've been in games all year with some of the states best teams, so, they certainly won't be in awe.. I think BG wins a close one, at home.. BG 24 FC 14
Last week BG shut down Owensboro, the #3 team in 5A 42-12, on their home field. Fern Creek beat South Oldham 21-20. I think South Oldham was ranked #7th. The game is at Bowling Green. The only team close to the Purples on Fern Creeks schedule is a loss to Manual. Bowling Green didn't have many problems with Manual in our scrimmage this year. The Purples are clicking on all cylinders right now. It should be a great game.
Kyhs, obviously you haven't paid too much attention to what they have or haven't done. Look at the loss to Manual. That was a loss to a team that got beat down by St X. Then look at how BG beat St X down. Yes, it would be a large upset.
Then there's the fact that Bowling Green has only lost 3 games in the last 5 years!!! Let's not forget that.
mysonis55 Wrote:Kyhs, obviously you haven't paid too much attention to what they have or haven't done. Look at the loss to Manual. That was a loss to a team that got beat down by St X. Then look at how BG beat St X down. Yes, it would be a large upset.

Actually, it was St.X that beat down BG, 45-19. Would still be a huge upset, though.
You are right Samson. My bad. That's what I get for a quick check like that. I still think BG should be the big favorite. Especially at home.
Teams match up differently and this could be one of those games.
mysonis55 Wrote:Kyhs, obviously you haven't paid too much attention to what they have or haven't done. Look at the loss to Manual. That was a loss to a team that got beat down by St X. Then look at how BG beat St X down. Yes, it would be a large upset.

Obviously, you don't know much yourself, since St X beat down B.Green earlier in the year.. I admit it would be an upset, but, not near to the degree that Graves was last year..
adopted purple Wrote:Then there's the fact that Bowling Green has only lost 3 games in the last 5 years!!! Let's not forget that.

I doubt they have any of those players from 5, 4 and 3 years ago that contributed to all those wins and very few from 2 years ago.. They do likely have several from last year though, the year they didn't make it out of the 2nd round. Look, I like BG and I'm pulling for them to win it all, but, thinking they're that much better than a 12-1 Fern Creek team, is a bad mistake. FC is likely the most athletic team they'll play all year, including St X and Owensboro and are more than capable of playing with the Purples if they play an A game..
Still got BG by 3 touchdowns.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I doubt they have any of those players from 5, 4 and 3 years ago that contributed to all those wins and very few from 2 years ago.. They do likely have several from last year though, the year they didn't make it out of the 2nd round. Look, I like BG and I'm pulling for them to win it all, but, thinking they're that much better than a 12-1 Fern Creek team, is a bad mistake. FC is likely the most athletic team they'll play all year, including St X and Owensboro and are more than capable of playing with the Purples if they play an A game..

Lets get a couple things straight. BG lost in the regional final last year not the 2nd round. BG beat the 5A champs on their home field. The coaches have lost 3 games in 5 years if that makes you feel any better. BG has beaten Manual, McCracken, Owensboro 2x and Christian 2X who all have equal or better athletes as Fern Creek. Fern Creek lost to the 1 team on their schedule who had talent in the same ballpark as FC.
BG beat Pulaski last year without Riley Hall. So that really isn't saying much as Pulaski SW beat them without Hall too.

Kinslow from Fern Creek will be the best athlete on the field Friday night. BG has played the much tougher schedule and I expect them to win, but Fern Creek presents an interesting match up athletically for BG.

I predict a low scoring game. The BG offense the past 2 seasons has struggled with physical athletic defenses. FC is both of those things defensively. Fern Creek will be lucky to score twice on the BG defense without turnovers.

BG 20 - 13
Iam4thecats Wrote:Lets get a couple things straight. BG lost in the regional final last year not the 2nd round. BG beat the 5A champs on their home field. The coaches have lost 3 games in 5 years if that makes you feel any better. BG has beaten Manual, McCracken, Owensboro 2x and Christian 2X who all have equal or better athletes as Fern Creek. Fern Creek lost to the 1 team on their schedule who had talent in the same ballpark as FC.

Christian Co is a stretch, at best, but, I'll give you the other 3 as being equal to Fern Creeks athleticism.. Desales got shutout by Fern Creek and that's a team who'd be a Top 5-6 5a school if they played in 5a..They'd play right with Owensboro, at the very least.. I just think FCs being sold a little short by several people in this thread and shouldn't be overlooked or taken very lightly..
You can bet they won't be overlooked by the coaches and players. We fans tend to overlook other teams much more and I admit most of my picks are not based on numbers and stats. The only picks I really care about involve the Purples. I've only been wrong three times in five years.
adopted purple Wrote:You can bet they won't be overlooked by the coaches and players. We fans tend to overlook other teams much more and I admit most of my picks are not based on numbers and stats. The only picks I really care about involve the Purples. I've only been wrong three times in five years.

Well don't go out on a limb there. They've probably only been considered underdogs 3-4 times in those 5 years.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Well don't go out on a limb there. They've probably only been considered underdogs 3-4 times in those 5 years.

I don't think you understand how dominant this Bowling Green team is.
Owensboro is not chopped liver and BG almost put a running clock on them in their house. This was a team that at that point was averaging 40 points per game and they held them to 12.