Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Christie
Has "the hug" doomed any chance he would have ever had with republican voters.
Pretty well wrapped things up for me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Has "the hug" doomed any chance he would have ever had with republican voters.
I hope so.
Him being him has cost him any chance with republican voters. It baffles me why people like Paul and Christie run for president instead.of doing there jobs.
[Image:

]

Confusednicker:
^
Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:[Image:

]

Confusednicker:
You could pick any Republican in Washington to put on that pic. After seeing the Dems gloat over the omnibus spending bill and how they pretty much stripped any conservative policies i have come to the conclusion that the republicans are the laughing stock of politics. They are nothing more than Obama's whipping boys and he makes them like it. Republicans have become nothing but cowards afraid to fight for anything they believe in. About time to drop the republicans and just start voting straight independent.
Demarcus ware Wrote:You could pick any Republican in Washington to put on that pic. After seeing the Dems gloat over the omnibus spending bill and how they pretty much stripped any conservative policies i have come to the conclusion that the republicans are the laughing stock of politics. They are nothing more than Obama's whipping boys and he makes them like it. Republicans have become nothing but cowards afraid to fight for anything they believe in. About time to drop the republicans and just start voting straight independent.

I heard somebody say that spending under the new omnibus has been looking like a jailbreak. Ironically, the sequester did manage to check wild spending liberals to some degree, I say ironically because it was the brainchild of the Obama administration and Boehner took him up on it.

Republicans are afraid to take Obama on, and though we don't know exactly why, it is a bet they've not been willing to make. The media role in the past 7 years cannot be overstated either. Harry Reid held control over the US Senate for those years and anything Dems didn't like got ignored. To make things even worse, the media said nada about the truth of the situation, while collaboratively branding Republicans who did not want to be herded like swine as inflexible obstructionists. Therefore, when the inevitable showdowns came down to government shutdowns, the media laid the blame at the feet of Republicans knowing full well the "change" being foisted upon us was coming 100% from the Dems. One thing is undeniable, the unilateral actions taken so far by Dems have certainly been no joke. ObamaCare, DADT, The Dream Act, forced immigration from Syria no less, and looming on the horizon the specter of gun control.

It sort of feels like Viet Nam all over again. The closer one gets to the end of his tour of duty, the more he worries he might not make it out alive. One year and counting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Demarcus ware Wrote:You could pick any Republican in Washington to put on that pic. After seeing the Dems gloat over the omnibus spending bill and how they pretty much stripped any conservative policies i have come to the conclusion that the republicans are the laughing stock of politics. They are nothing more than Obama's whipping boys and he makes them like it. Republicans have become nothing but cowards afraid to fight for anything they believe in. About time to drop the republicans and just start voting straight independent.
No you cannot pick any Republican in Washington on that picture and have it make sense. If you had said that you could pick 80 or 90 percent of Republicans, then I would wholeheartedly agreed with you.

About 20 percent of Senate Republicans are not doing Obama's bidding, and probably a little higher percentage of Republican House members are still willing to fight Obama and the Republican "leadership." If the GOP does not get its act together soon, I would not be surprised to see the most conservative members of Congress bolt and form a new party. The Democratic Party has taken over the leadership of the GOP and the omnibus spending bill is the latest smoking gun.
TheRealThing Wrote:I heard somebody say that spending under the new omnibus has been looking like a jailbreak. Ironically, the sequester did manage to check wild spending liberals to some degree, I say ironically because it was the brainchild of the Obama administration and Boehner took him up on it.

Republicans are afraid to take Obama on, and though we don't know exactly why, it is a bet they've not been willing to make. The media role in the past 7 years cannot be overstated either. Harry Reid held control over the US Senate for those years and anything Dems didn't like got ignored. To make things even worse, the media said nada about the truth of the situation, while collaboratively branding Republicans who did not want to be herded like swine as inflexible obstructionists. Therefore, when the inevitable showdowns came down to government shutdowns, the media laid the blame at the feet of Republicans knowing full well the "change" being foisted upon us was coming 100% from the Dems. One thing is undeniable, the unilateral actions taken so far by Dems have certainly been no joke. ObamaCare, DADT, The Dream Act, forced immigration from Syria no less, and looming on the horizon the specter of gun control.

It sort of feels like Viet Nam all over again. The closer one gets to the end of his tour of duty, the more he worries he might not make it out alive. One year and counting.
Fox is now in full Rubio mode. This evening, I watched Greta, who I generally feel is one of the most fair interviewers left on FNC, grill Cruz over Rubio's lies about Cruz's record on the Gang of Eight's amnesty bill. Cruz's explanation of his amendment made perfect sense to me, but it seemed as if Greta was wearing earplugs.

Cruz said the amendment that he proposed was one page long and would have added language to Rubio's bill that would have barred illegal aliens from ever getting citizenship. Instead of reading the bill, Greta kept reading a single sentence from a letter that was signed by Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Mike Lee, and Steve King, all of whom opposed the Rubio-Schumer bill.

Last night, I watched Brett Baier, who was apparently working from the same script as Greta, give Cruz the same third degree and asking him virtually the same questions. Apparently FNC employees have their marching orders from Ailes and Company.

Today's FNC poll shows Hillary beating Trump by 8 points in a head-to-head match-up - with Cruz in a dead heat with her. If Cruz can win Iowa, I believe that the race will tighten up quickly.

I thought Rubio showed very bad judgment in missing the vote on the spending bill. He has also made a big mistake in attacking Cruz on immigration. The "everybody else was doing the same thing" argument is a weak one, even when it is true. I remember Cruz going on the Rush Limbaugh show to urge listeners to call Congress to urge their representatives to vote against the Gang of Eight bill.

Rubio is a fool to claim that Cruz supported amnesty just like he supported it himself. You don't win conservative votes by becoming a target of both Rush and Mark Levin and his lies about Cruz's record has placed him in their crosshairs.
Honestly, why in the hell would Paul and the rest of these rejects allow this spending bill to go threw?

They have the freaking majority and yet never use that to there advantage.
Shut down the damn government if you have to. Make Barry sign the bill and put it on his desk. Another RINO joke.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Honestly, why in the hell would Paul and the rest of these rejects allow this spending bill to go threw?

Shut down the damn government if you have to. Make Barry sign the bill and put it on his desk. Another RINO joke.
Because the Republican party is a joke and a bunch of spineless cowards that's afraid of Obama and the rest of the dems..
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Honestly, why in the hell would Paul and the rest of these rejects allow this spending bill to go threw?

As soon as both Boehner and McConnell pledged not to shutdown the government, this is really the only possible outcome. Paul Ryan is no improvement over Boehner and McConnell needs to go.

If either Trump or Cruz becomes president, I expect either of them to veto more bills from the Republican Congress than Obama did, and that is a sad future to contemplate.

Only 33 Senators, 26 of them Republicans, voted against the bill, so an effective filibuster was not possible. Rubio did not have time to vote and Lindsey Grahmnesty voted for the bill.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Fox is now in full Rubio mode. This evening, I watched Greta, who I generally feel is one of the most fair interviewers left on FNC, grill Cruz over Rubio's lies about Cruz's record on the Gang of Eight's amnesty bill. Cruz's explanation of his amendment made perfect sense to me, but it seemed as if Greta was wearing earplugs.

Cruz said the amendment that he proposed was one page long and would have added language to Rubio's bill that would have barred illegal aliens from ever getting citizenship. Instead of reading the bill, Greta kept reading a single sentence from a letter that was signed by Cruz, Jeff Sessions, Mike Lee, and Steve King, all of whom opposed the Rubio-Schumer bill.

Last night, I watched Brett Baier, who was apparently working from the same script as Greta, give Cruz the same third degree and asking him virtually the same questions. Apparently FNC employees have their marching orders from Ailes and Company.

Today's FNC poll shows Hillary beating Trump by 8 points in a head-to-head match-up - with Cruz in a dead heat with her. If Cruz can win Iowa, I believe that the race will tighten up quickly.

I thought Rubio showed very bad judgment in missing the vote on the spending bill. He has also made a big mistake in attacking Cruz on immigration. The "everybody else was doing the same thing" argument is a weak one, even when it is true. I remember Cruz going on the Rush Limbaugh show to urge listeners to call Congress to urge their representatives to vote against the Gang of Eight bill.

Rubio is a fool to claim that Cruz supported amnesty just like he supported it himself. You don't win conservative votes by becoming a target of both Rush and Mark Levin and his lies about Cruz's record has placed him in their crosshairs.

I heard that back and forth between Cruz and Greta. I'm sure you caught this but Greta was incredulous with Cruz because he would enforce immigration law in deporting illegals. She just kept repeating, "you mean you're going to deport 12 million Moms, Dads and children?" Which of course means that though she is a lawyer of sorts, she is none the less all-in for amnesty. Greta is weird by most standards in my book, I just cannot stand to listen to her simplistic sidestep any longer. She is one of those people who can't seem to discern the truth from the lie. I find that she is naively prone to buy into the administration's spiel regarding the stands they have taken on so many controversial issues. When she has someone come on to refute the White House rationale, she always rejects what they have to say, erring on the side of liberalism.

At any rate, Cruz's explanation made perfect sense to me too, and let's be honest here. Rubio has engaged Cruz in the news making manner he has, because he has in my view the most to loose. He did get up close and personal with Schumer and the Dems love him for it. Every one of them give him an attaboy whenever they get the chance, it's sickeningly obvious. FOX News is so in Rubio's corner. The only ones I watch anymore are Hannity, Varney & Co, Lou Dobbs, and Judge Jeanine. Rubio did in fact show extremely poor judgment in missing the spending bill vote but, I'd bet he did it for political reasons. Overall, FOX keeps drifting further and further left.

The head to head between Hillary/Cruz and Hillary/Trump will change as soon as Iowa votes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]