Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auburn 75 Kentucky 70
Fourth loss to an unranked team. Skal, Poythress, and Lee stayed in Lexington apparently because they was non factors.
Calipari has been a non-factor this season. UK has way too much talent to be losing to teams like Auburn.
Skal be non factor all season. Time to give some of the other feshmen a chance to play. Skal has peoven time and time again he was all hype and no fight. Now let someone play who is not scared to show what he's got.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Cal's stomping around, cussing and yelling and always beating these guys down and embarrassing them on National TV is not working this year IMO. This group is not a very confident group and he doesn't seem
To be able to get the most out of them with his usual tactics....
panther nation Wrote:Skal be non factor all season. Time to give some of the other feshmen a chance to play. Skal has peoven time and time again he was all hype and no fight. Now let someone play who is not scared to show what he's got.

If this was Morgantown, he would be riding Huggy's bench.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Calipari has been a non-factor this season. UK has way too much talent to be losing to teams like Auburn.

I don't understand why you call yourself a UK fan? Cal has done a solid job with this bunch of overrated players! All you wrote about on here last year was how terrible the Twins were! Tyler Ulis is probably the most overrated midget in the history of UK basketball. Ulis seldom finishes a drive and he is shooting 28% from 3 point range! Ulis's lack of size is killing UK's half court Defense! The Auburn guards Canty and Harris combined for 47 yesterday against Ulis and Murray, no way on gods green earth do they put 47 on the Harrison twins. Ulis was a big 0 for 3 from 3-point range with 0 blocks or steals! Murray took 22 shots yesterday the Twins combined only averaged 17.5 shots a game during their 2 years at UK! Ulis did have 10 rebounds yesterday only because Murray clanked so many shots there was bunch of long rebounds. Ulis and Murray just might lose more games (12) this year than the twins did in 2 years at UK!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:If this was Morgantown, he would be riding Huggy's bench.

He wouldn't even ride my bench!
Granny Bear Wrote:He wouldn't even ride my bench!
Waterboy?? Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:He wouldn't even ride my bench!

Towel boy....Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
honestjchsfan Wrote:I don't understand why you call yourself a UK fan? Cal has done a solid job with this bunch of overrated players! All you wrote about on here last year was how terrible the Twins were! Tyler Ulis is probably the most overrated midget in the history of UK basketball. Ulis seldom finishes a drive and he is shooting 28% from 3 point range! Ulis's lack of size is killing UK's half court Defense! The Auburn guards Canty and Harris combined for 47 yesterday against Ulis and Murray, no way on gods green earth do they put 47 on the Harrison twins. Ulis was a big 0 for 3 from 3-point range with 0 blocks or steals! Murray took 22 shots yesterday the Twins combined only averaged 17.5 shots a game during their 2 years at UK! Ulis did have 10 rebounds yesterday only because Murray clanked so many shots there was bunch of long rebounds. Ulis and Murray just might lose more games (12) this year than the twins did in 2 years at UK!
The twins were horribly overrated. Do they have 10 points between them in their rookie season yet? Calipari has already admitted that sticking with the Harrisons too long probably cost UK the game against Wisconsin.

It is easy to blame Calipari's recruits, but part of coaching is teaching, and Calipari needs far more talent to beat a well coached team than his opponent. Hopefully, he will not just give up this season the way that he did on the UK team that lost to the worst team in the NIT, Robert Morris, a few years ago.

When a team lacks an inside game, its guards are going to struggle. There is no excuse for Poythress and Lee to be playing so badly. Both have the size and athleticism necessary to be dominant big men. Their failure this season is Calipari's failure.

I get tired of watching UK fans blaming Calipari's own recruits for their poor performance. When a team with the size, speed, and athleticism like UK has plays poorly against bad teams, the buck stops with the head coach. I am sorry that you think that a real UK fan should blame players for their coach's shortcomings.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The twins were horribly overrated. Do they have 10 points between them in their rookie season yet? Calipari has already admitted that sticking with the Harrisons too long probably cost UK the game against Wisconsin.

It is easy to blame Calipari's recruits, but part of coaching is teaching, and Calipari needs far more talent to beat a well coached team than his opponent. Hopefully, he will not just give up this season the way that he did on the UK team that lost to the worst team in the NIT, Robert Morris, a few years ago.

When a team lacks an inside game, its guards are going to struggle. There is no excuse for Poythress and Lee to be playing so badly. Both have the size and athleticism necessary to be dominant big men. Their failure this season is Calipari's failure.

I get tired of watching UK fans blaming Calipari's own recruits for their poor performance. When a team with the size, speed, and athleticism like UK has plays poorly against bad teams, the buck stops with the head coach. I am sorry that you think that a real UK fan should blame players for their coach's shortcomings.

You never explained Tyler Ulis's poor 3 point shooting this year? He missed a bunch of open looks against Auburn. You never explained how the Auburn guards put up 47 on the UK guards? Weather you liked the Harrison twins or not they were both solid defenders who could switch and guard players who were taller than them because both were strong and hard to push around!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The twins were horribly overrated. Do they have 10 points between them in their rookie season yet? Calipari has already admitted that sticking with the Harrisons too long probably cost UK the game against Wisconsin.

Teams are not respecting Ulis's drives to the basket! Lee and Poythress looked great against UL because the guards made shots! Ulis is the most overrated player in the history of the UK basketball program. He seldom encourages his own teammates and has shown too many poor reactions to his teammates mistakes all while his teammates have do extra to make up for his lack of size and strength. When the man Ulis is guarding plays basic pick and roll basketball UK cannot switch because of Ulis's lack of size and strength. Many UK fans complained last year when Cal stuck with the twins in the final four game against Wisconsin, very few understand that with Ulis in the lineup Wisconsin and their big strong Guards would have won by 15! UK fans like you talk like Cal lost last year to a YMCA team and give him no credit for going 38-1. Wisconsin was a hell of a Basketball team with 2 guys drafted in the First round of the draft and Nigel Hayes is also a top NBA prospect. Hoot you must of been heavily medicated during the Tubby Smith era of UK basketball! The truth about this years UK team is Cal is in a trap with a second Choice recruit that the UK fan base has fell in love with, the Leroy Byrd effect. If Cal was smart he would play Murray at the PG!
Ill take Cals coaching and getting the recruits were getting, even the misses like Skal, compared to anything Tubby, Billy G, or anybody else could have done.

This is just not that great of a team. Simple as that. Wait until next year. These 5 frosh coming in could beat our starting 5 right now IMO.
"Wait until next year"....hmmm. Heard that before!!

i.e. LAST basketball season; ALL football seasons, etc.
Granny Bear Wrote:"Wait until next year"....hmmm. Heard that before!!

i.e. LAST basketball season; ALL football seasons, etc.
It's always been that way with everything UK. Next year the football team will go to a bowl. Next year the BB team will win it all. With all the talent that has came through UK since cal has been there he should have at least 2 titles. A good X's and O's coach he is not. At least it is fun to watch most of the time I guess. Plus, there's always next year and we can always cheer for the cheerleaders, at least they are consistent at winning
21 national title now I think
Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:It's always been that way with everything UK. Next year the football team will go to a bowl. Next year the BB team will win it all. With all the talent that has came through UK since cal has been there he should have at least 2 titles. A good X's and O's coach he is not. At least it is fun to watch most of the time I guess. Plus, there's always next year and we can always cheer for the cheerleaders, at least they are consistent at winning
21 national title now I think
Confusednicker:

I agree he should of won 1 more title. I think Cal choked against UConn in 2014, his game plan for that game was terrible. I also think some of these older UK fans have some crazy idea that today's basketball is the same as Basketball in the 1970's! Bobby Knight was a great X's and O's coach but he would have a hard time in today's game simply because today's player would not play for him. Cal does a great job of getting these 5 star players to play team defense and to share the Basketball. Cal gets no credit for coaching young teams well. Cal has to keep things simple and focus on getting the best effort on the defensive end.
Fire Cal! That cheat'en slimeball can't even cheat anymore....
I am sure glad that with all of UK's big man problems, they are not still saddled with Kyle Wiltjer. Thanks, Coach Cal, for easing him out.
I think a few years from now, Skal Labissiere will be considered as big a bust as Andrew Wigman. The guy obviously has zero upside. Maybe he can find room on Gonzaga's roster.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I think a few years from now, Skal Labissiere will be considered as big a bust as Andrew Wigman. The guy obviously has zero upside. Maybe he can find room on Gonzaga's roster.
Wigman=Wiggins, the player who was such a big disappointment at Kansas. :biggrin:
I agree in that one. I hope skal is gone