Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Floyd 46 P-burg 43
Final. First district win in 6 years for SF. Congrats.
Congrats South Floyd
Congrats South Floyd but this would have never happened if 3 of Prestonsburg's starters had not been out of this game with injuries.
wow good job and thats why you need a bench to step it up a notch when players are out
UnderArmour24 Wrote:Congrats South Floyd but this would have never happened if 3 of Prestonsburg's starters had not been out of this game with injuries.

People like you are what gives this site such a bad name sometimes. Why don't you grow up and give SF the respect they deserve. These girls don't deserve to hear people making excuses. Keep pluggin girls and a great win. :Thumbs:
Good Job Lady Raiders...
An amazing effort by the SF defense, down 8 with less than 2 min. and the little Castle must have had 5 or 6 straight steals and drew a charge, and then Tuttle hit a three and Dye hit one then someone else hit one. I really dont think Pburg got a shot off till the desperation 3 at the buzzer.
Bball Wizard Wrote:People like you are what gives this site such a bad name sometimes. Why don't you grow up and give SF the respect they deserve. These girls don't deserve to hear people making excuses. Keep pluggin girls and a great win. :Thumbs:

I gave them respect i said congratulations. I dont know where you get excuses out of me sayin 3 starters are hurt though cause its facts.
I know its facts but evreyone gets on here and bashes teams. These girls hadn't won in like 6 years and they just need to feel that they did it themselves. I know the facts!
congrates to the lady raiders the little spark plug came in and made the difference great job ashley, everyone says you are to small way to show them and great def. effort by these young raiders. who stepped up and help on the board i know when i left at halftime Dean only had 2 rebs. but might have cleaned up in the second half. tuttle can shot the eyes out , also heard conn hit two big FT's in the last minutes good job girls.
Hope everything turns out alright for Slone from pburg hear it was a acl injury.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:I gave them respect i said congratulations. I dont know where you get excuses out of me sayin 3 starters are hurt though cause its facts.

I personally don't think you were giving excuses, having 3 starters out does make a huge difference in the game!
Congrats to SF
Pburg has 3 startes out all 3 due to ACL's...SF would have never been in this game had Slone and Feilds been there
Congrats SF.
Basketballer Wrote:Pburg has 3 startes out all 3 due to ACL's...SF would have never been in this game had Slone and Feilds been there

Who is the other girl out for Pburg?
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
you never now with basketball do not make excuses for them great game sf anfd good luck.
Well if they are "true" ACL injuries that could mean Pburg could be playing without them for quite some time.
If this is the case then Pack will have to find someway to take care of the ball. when a 7th grader prevents your guards from getting the ball in position to take but one shot in the final 2 min, you have a major problem.
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:Who is the other girl out for Pburg?

lil Brittany, Shes been out all season though.. Meghan and Lindsey have only been out like 2-4 games.. They got hurt inthe same game int he same quater just minutes apart. I have only heard they are ACL injuries. So i can't promise thats what they are..
I heard that Meaghan had hurt her knee but I hadn't heard about the others... I hope they all get better soon
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My understanding is that Megan Slone is out with an ACL for the year. Lindsey Fields had hurt her knee and will return in a couple weeks. Those were the only two starters Prestonsburg was missing.

Of course, according to some me (WMDJ) is biased so what do I know, we just asked the coaching staff before game.

Congrats to SF, defeating PB for like the 2nd time in school history! The game was poorly officiated though, especially against Prestonsburg, but a wins a wins a win.
congrats Ash for stoping the guard play of the cats at only 4'7
Make up ypur mind people was it 2 starters out, or 3 starters out, or were the refs biased, or was it a saturday and a full moon. Jeez cry me a river. Congrats to the Raiders for their first win in six years. Can that be right?
I thought Piarist didnt leave the dist that long ago.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Make up ypur mind people was it 2 starters out, or 3 starters out, or were the refs biased, or was it a saturday and a full moon. Jeez cry me a river. Congrats to the Raiders for their first win in six years. Can that be right?
I thought Piarist didnt leave the dist that long ago.

They have 3 players out, and one (Brittany Collins) has been out all year due to her ACL, so that's probably why some might say they only have 2 out since she hasn't played all season.
Sometimes being a smartass doesn't really help the situation, no one's mentioned anything about the refs being biased,it being a saturday, or a full moon. We all make mistakes and sometimes type one thing when meaning another, no reason to get uptight!:thumpsup:
I would suggest you do a couple things before you make your next post.
Find the definition of sarcasm.
The second would be to read the whole thread. A post was made that said the only reason SF won was due to 3 starters being out then, another post that said 3 starters were out, then one said 2 were out according to the Coach, and then there was a comment that "The game was poorly officiated though, especially against Prestonsburg" Now after all of that I felt sarcasm was the perfect response.

I would also ask you to refrain from calling any member a smartass, its no very polite, or a staff member, its not very Smart. Some may not be as understanding in the future, you risk a suspension or a ban. Now its up to you, consider this your warning.
Doc Holliday Wrote:I would suggest you do a couple things before you make your next post.
Find the definition of sarcasm.
The second would be to read the whole thread. A post was made that said the only reason SF won was due to 3 starters being out then, another post that said 3 starters were out, then one said 2 were out according to the Coach, and then there was a comment that "The game was poorly officiated though, especially against Prestonsburg" Now after all of that I felt sarcasm was the perfect response.

I would also ask you to refrain from calling any member a smartass, its no very polite, or a staff member, its not very Smart. Some may not be as understanding in the future, you risk a suspension or a ban. Now its up to you, consider this your warning.

As a administrator it's not very Smart to be this sarcastic to members when you should be setting an example by just simply asking if it was 2 or 3 starters out. How can I risk a suspension or ban simply because you let your anger get the best of you in this situation and I was simply telling you to calm down. I didn't do anything wrong to get a warning, simply posting sarcasm in a way you did which I felt was the perfect response.

But back to the game, if Prestonsburg would have had everyone healthy they would've pulled this one off. Hopefully meaghan slone isn't out for the season, she's a great player and Prestonsburg needs her!
Who knows if they would have won if they had her... they had 6 wins going in and the Raiders had 3... so there wasn't that much difference. Good win Raiders and do not listen to the haters and keep moving forward. 2nd in the conference is in your sights if you keep working hard.
meganwillis10 Wrote:Who nows with her if they would have won they had 6 wins going in and the raiders had 3 so not that much difference. good win raiders and do not listen to the haters and keep moving forward. 2nd in the conference is in your sights if you keep working hard
6 wins compared to 3 is a difference, two of SFs wins came from Jackson City. How can you say I'm "hating" when I congratulated the girls. Prestonsburg just has more experience and it killed them not having all their starters on the court. But hopefully come district tournament everyone will be healthy, that's when it matters most! Prestonsburg should take this loss as motivation.
[QUOTE=ACE_21]As a administrator it's not very Smart to be this sarcastic to members when you should be setting an example by just simply asking if it was 2 or 3 starters out. How can I risk a suspension or ban simply because you let your anger get the best of you in this situation and I was simply telling you to calm down. I didn't do anything wrong to get a warning, simply posting sarcasm in a way you did which I felt was the perfect response.
QUOTE]

There was no anger in my post, if there had been I would have simply banned you for calling me a "smartass". I made light of the excuses being made, if anything I was attempting to lighten the mood. I was calm when I made that first post, and the one inwhich I asked you to consider as a warning. You and you alone took it upon yourself to insult me, I would ask that you in the future allow the Mods to determine who is or isnt angry, if you feel that someone has stepped over the line, please feel free to pm me or any of the Mods.
Doc Holliday Wrote:[QUOTE=ACE_21]As a administrator it's not very Smart to be this sarcastic to members when you should be setting an example by just simply asking if it was 2 or 3 starters out. How can I risk a suspension or ban simply because you let your anger get the best of you in this situation and I was simply telling you to calm down. I didn't do anything wrong to get a warning, simply posting sarcasm in a way you did which I felt was the perfect response.
QUOTE]

There was no anger in my post, if there had been I would have simply banned you for calling me a "smartass". I made light of the excuses being made, if anything I was attempting to lighten the mood. I was calm when I made that first post, and the one inwhich I asked you to consider as a warning. You and you alone took it upon yourself to insult me, I would ask that you in the future allow the Mods to determine who is or isnt angry, if you feel that someone has stepped over the line, please feel free to pm me or any of the Mods.

Check your PMs:thumpsup:
the only reason sf won this game is because of the refs,everyone knows that.a ref should never be aloud to ref in his home town.we will see them again at p-burg.
congrats sf..