4. Shelby Valley
5. Johnson Central
6. North Laurel
7. Perry Central
8. Southwestern
9. South Laurel
10. Breathitt

Thoughts??
Southwestern should probably be a little higher. Maybe South Laurel too.
Perry and southwestern definitely should be in top 5
There will be several of these meet over the next three weeks an the list will change a lot!! South is a good team but they have failed in the big games, already got beat by knott an have big game at Harlan I think tonight,if they win that they will jump up the list a lot .
South is 3-0 They have not played Knott
All I've heard through the pre season is Hazard I thought they would be way up there. Harlan county don't impress me and PCC is definitely a top 5 team.Its so much different from the preseason poll I think WYMT is just trying to please everybody. I miss the Dipper who told it like it is. Just my opinion
Big Hammer Wrote:All I've heard through the pre season is Hazard I thought they would be way up there. Harlan county don't impress me and PCC is definitely a top 5 team.Its so much different from the preseason poll I think WYMT is just trying to please everybody. I miss the Dipper who told it like it is. Just my opinion

Hazard needs a few more big wins after the win over Leslie. They haven't made it out of the district in a while.
The Dipper was a lot of fun, but he would have picked Jenkins over Trinity. He always picked the mountain teams, the way I remember.
ky playmaker Wrote:South is 3-0 They have not played Knott

They had scrimmage at Hazard. Knott beat South 5.
scrimmages don't count for anything. coaches use those to practice on things not to just win and Thats why Dallas cowboys are 11-1 and not 12-4 they were 1-3 in preseason.
I agree until South beats the Knotts perry's harlans norths south looks about right to me. I dont know anything about shelby valley or johnson central though.
[quote=ky playmaker]South is 3-0 They have not played Knott[/QUOTE you r correct, but they did play them in pre-season game at knott less than a week before the season started an got beat around 10 points.
ky playmaker Wrote:I agree until South beats the Knotts perry's harlans norths south looks about right to me. I dont know anything about shelby valley or johnson central though.
i hope they win ther region, but they have to have coaching stability , they have as good as players as anybody,but changing coaches 3 years in a row over there tells me there's some problems over there that people on the outside don't see. I hope this fixes it, they r great kids!!
Yes he did favor the mountain teams over the outsiders but was pretty well spot on with local vs local. What I miss is his knowledge of the game, the teams, and the kids. We'll never get that from WYMT
ky playmaker Wrote:scrimmages don't count for anything. coaches use those to practice on things not to just win and Thats why Dallas cowboys are 11-1 and not 12-4 they were 1-3 in preseason.

Never said they meant anything , just replying that they played in preseason.
They have to put someone from the 15th in top ten but that's the weakest region in the state. Those two will always have good records because who they play
Southwestern and Perry should be ranked higher. Not quite sure that Breathitt should be top 10.
I agree the Dipper was great for the mountain kids and yes he pulled for the mountain teams but if they were over matched he told it like it was
If they were overmatched, he still picked them to win, the way I remember. I used to listen and wonder if he would ever pick a team from the "Golden Triangle" to beat someone in eastern Kentucky.
I don't understand breathitt in the top 10. They wouldn't that good in the summer and every good team in the region beat them easily. And I would like to know why perry and hazard aren't playing this year. Perry should have been playing at hazard this year and I know the hazard coach wanted to
Watching Knott right now on TV... PCC will walk through this region if that's all the 14th has to offer.
Pic didn't impress me that much. They let an average Knox team score over 80 points on them. That are good but the region is wide open
Exactly, an average team. Leslie is not average and they are in this game with the almighty Knott
This region is not wide open.. PCC clear favorite
PCC then Hazard
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Watching Knott right now on TV... PCC will walk through this region if that's all the 14th has to offer.
score of the ga,e u watched?
51-48 Knott
An kcc home court is worth 10 points, kcc isn't as good as people have been saying!! Maybe Pcc is way better than people think!
Southwestern is definitely a top 3-5 team in the Mountain Top 10. Watched them scrimmage Male and win pretty convincingly. Then Male turned around and beat defending state champion Louisville Butler. Butcher has a talented group on the Reservation. Could be building something extremely special for the next couple of years.
[Image:

]

Shizzle fizzle bolz, big matchup tonight with Perry and Lynn Camp.

#bettercomeearlytogetaseatforthisone More mash taters please!!!
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1fnuf9.gif]
Dr.Basketball Wrote:51-48 Knott
Wowza! Jada train with a big game brutha! Shaba layup to put Knott up 3! Bolz there a reason she numero uno in the region baby! Ohair is a munsta! Leslie needs to take JPC Basketball 101 lesson 12 in shooting brutha! As my grammy used to say at the table,spoon of mashed taters got to go in the hole or youz just wasting mash taters on the table! Leslie shot more free throws than ole Fatpat going to the buffet baby! #closebutnocigarforeaglets More mash taters please!!!