Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 (What a Joke)
01/16/2017

GIRLS
1. Harlan County (40)
2. North Laurel (35)......13-6 (37-72 Paintsville[SIZE=2])...KHSAA score is wrong
[/SIZE]3. Paintsville (32)........16-1 (15-0 in KY)
4. Perry Central (27)
5. South Laurel (24)
6. Shelby Valley (18)
7. Harlan (14)
8. Johnson Central (12)
9. Leslie County (9)
10. Southwestern (5)
Others receiving votes: Knott Central (3), Pikeville (1)

This just shows how clueless you guys are! Please explain how the FOUR of you come up with this. Because it is appearing that you guys are holding a grudge for some reason. I mean seriously? Did I hurt your feelings last week? If so....nice....Hold it against a Girls High School Team.

Paintsville goes 2-0 last week. BEATING your #2 and #7 Teams on the road and North Laurel looses Saturday and they DON'T drop. What's sad is that this is NOT my feelings only. The whole BGR and Mountain Community sees and feels pretty much the same way.

Paintsville is 4-0 against Mountain Top 10 Teams.
North Laurel is 2-2. One of those losses to Paintsville by 35 pts....REALLY!

There is a reason Brian Milan and Derek Forest moved on to bigger and better things.

I know Rankings don't mean anything, especially yours now. BUT, to BLATANTLY Disrespect a group of High School Girls the way you people are. Does mean quite a bit......:lame:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:01/16/2017

GIRLS
1. Harlan County (40)
2. North Laurel (35)......13-6 (37-72 Paintsville[SIZE=2])...KHSAA score is wrong
[/SIZE]3. Paintsville (32)........16-1 (15-0 in KY)
4. Perry Central (27)
5. South Laurel (24)
6. Shelby Valley (18)
7. Harlan (14)
8. Johnson Central (12)
9. Leslie County (9)
10. Southwestern (5)
Others receiving votes: Knott Central (3), Pikeville (1)

This just shows how clueless you guys are! Please explain how the FOUR of you come up with this. Because it is appearing that you guys are holding a grudge for some reason. I mean seriously? Did I hurt your feelings last week? If so....nice....Hold it against a Girls High School Team.

Paintsville goes 2-0 last week. BEATING your #2 and #7 Teams on the road and North Laurel looses Saturday and they DON'T drop. What's sad is that this is NOT my feelings only. The whole BGR and Mountain Community sees and feels pretty much the same way.

Paintsville is 4-0 against Mountain Top 10 Teams.
North Laurel is 2-2. One of those losses to Paintsville by 35 pts....REALLY!

There is a reason Brian Milan and Derek Forest moved on to bigger and better things.

I know Rankings don't mean anything, especially yours now. BUT, to BLATANTLY Disrespect a group of High School Girls the way you people are. Does mean quite a bit......:lame:

the SV and NL games were neutral site games, not true road wins.
Paintsville is pretty good, but the Valley game is when Valley shot 12 for 55 from the field. It was not because of paintsville D either. All they played was a 2-3 the whole game. I will say paintsville is number 1 right now, but March matters most.
Paintsville should be #2 for sure
Warthog Wrote:the SV and NL games were neutral site games, not true road wins.
Paintsville is pretty good, but the Valley game is when Valley shot 12 for 55 from the field. It was not because of paintsville D either. All they played was a 2-3 the whole game. I will say paintsville is number 1 right now, but March matters most.

Paintsville should be 2 maybe 1. And yes paintsville is the reason valley shot bad I'm sure paintsville girls didn't stand around with their hands down and just let them shoot lol give them credit they just beat them.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Paintsville should be 2 maybe 1. And yes paintsville is the reason valley shot bad I'm sure paintsville girls didn't stand around with their hands down and just let them shoot lol give them credit they just beat them.

I gave them credit when I said they were number 1 right now but 3-26 from 3 Iagainst a zone is just a bad shooting night
Warthog Wrote:I gave them credit when I said they were number 1 right now but 3-26 from 3 Iagainst a zone is just a bad shooting night

Lol don't always make excuses they just beat them that night
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Lol don't always make excuses they just beat them that night

There may be a chance for Valley to redeem themselves later in the year. But the only games that matter are the ones in regional anyways. Should be a dandy
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Paintsville should be #2 for sure

If you haven't seen Harlan County play then you missing out. HC is absolutly loaded. Not only do they have two of the best players in the mountains they also have great depth. They go 9 deep with 4 juniors and 5 sophomores. They have great size and guard play. I would love to see a matchup with Paintsville. This is just one guys opinion (wait I guess it is also the 4 sports commentators at WYMTs also). But let's not get so tore up over rankings right now. It all comes to the end of February. Maybe the 2 can meet up in Northern Ky
in March and settle this.
My top 10

1. Harlan County
2. Paintsville
3. North Laurel
4. Perry Central
5. South Laurel
6. Harlan City
7. Leslie County
8. Southwestern
9. Shelby Valley
10. Johnson Central
Warthog Wrote:There may be a chance for Valley to redeem themselves later in the year. But the only games that matter are the ones in regional anyways. Should be a dandy

Valley should be well rested by the time they play Paintsville on their home floor Last regular season game. What a schedule!!
Paintsvilles 2-3 zone is a direct result of a lot of teams shooting bad! Paintsville guards are quick and make their opponents take quick shots . Then the bigs get a hand up on all shots on perimeter as well! If that not enough, when teams penitrate the zone they have to shoot over outstretched arms. From there it's one shot and out because they rebound it well. By far it's there best defense against shorter teams who normally shoot it well. Just my opinion.
Wymt has 4 people that do these rankings and I doubt any ever played. They are totally clueless
Warthog Wrote:I gave them credit when I said they were number 1 right now but 3-26 from 3 Iagainst a zone is just a bad shooting night

SV shoots 28% from 3 point range on the year. Maybe the problem is actually jacking up 26 3 pointers in an important regional game.
Warthog Wrote:the SV and NL games were neutral site games, not true road wins.

A 2-3 was obviously all they needed to play. Valley people stating this would never happen again and that they are a 12-15 point better team than Paintsville are fooling themselves when they think Paintsville has and will peak too early are hoping that is the case.
I just don't understand a fan saying we got beat but we're still the better team. I'm glad we go by score at the end and not by fan choice. It makes it more interesting. Lol
HARLAN 51
Paintsville 38
All A state tourney
Maybe someone at WYMT knows a little more about ranking teams than people want to believe.
Lol...ok
Just proves what I expected all along. I don't know nothing lol
Harlan has a great teams and Brock is a big time scorer. Not surprised to see them beat great teams.