Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott vs Perry 2/3/17
The Patriots just came off a big win at Powell!! Travel to the palace Friday nite! I know there has to be some comments and predictions out there! Let's get it on!!
[Image:

]

Well shizzle nizzle, ole fatpat and Pat Nation isn't falling for that Pumpkin juice trick again. We be coming in Friday night baby with some serious bizness to take care of, wowza! The palace won't be the same when ole fatpat gets done rockin to the free world. Brother Cecil will be shoutin Lord Have Mercy and TV 24 will be showing replays of Purty County's debacle all day Saturday.....

Pats by 7

#bettergetafewmoretransfersbeforefriday More mash taters please!!!
Knott can't deal with the bigs on the inside and they have no answer for Tobler, and with it being at the Pumpkin palace, Knott will certainly not get any calls, due to the fact that Perry County is let regulate what refs are able to ref in their gym. That just amazes me, guess that is not discrimination or anything.
Transfer Central wins this one going away 15+
Perry has 2 transfer and so does Knott what's there to complain about?
PCC just a little too much in this game. They win by 8.
Dores by 10. Will be closer than expected. Teams haven't played yet this year so I expect the first half to be a slow one whIle the teams get a feel for one another.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Knott can't deal with the bigs on the inside and they have no answer for Tobler, and with it being at the Pumpkin palace, Knott will certainly not get any calls, due to the fact that Perry County is let regulate what refs are able to ref in their gym. That just amazes me, guess that is not discrimination or anything.

Just curious.....what do you mean they get to regulate what refs are able to ref in their gym ?
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Knott can't deal with the bigs on the inside and they have no answer for Tobler, and with it being at the Pumpkin palace, Knott will certainly not get any calls, due to the fact that Perry County is let regulate what refs are able to ref in their gym. That just amazes me, guess that is not discrimination or anything.
transfer central!! Now that's some funny shi!!!!!! 😂
Name one kid from knotts team that wasn't born and raised in knott co .They all are from knott co.
Passtheball needs to get facts straight.Knotts kids are all from knott county.Best wishes to both teams .
Passtheball Wrote:Perry has 2 transfer and so does Knott what's there to complain about?
That is funny, all of Knott's players are from Knott County, not 2 but 3 of Perry's are from out of the state or even out of the country, not even close to the same, just saying.:Thumbs:
eky.sports.fan Wrote:Just curious.....what do you mean they get to regulate what refs are able to ref in their gym ?
According to some of the coaches, certain refs were asked to call certain games at the pumpkin palace and they were told that they were not allowed in the gym. To say the least, the coaches were a little upset. Some of the games didn't even involve Perry County teams. How in the world is this let go on, sounds like a law suit waiting to happen. Perry County mafia at it's best. Only in the 14th region. :HitWall:
dore20 Wrote:Dores by 10. Will be closer than expected. Teams haven't played yet this year so I expect the first half to be a slow one whIle the teams get a feel for one another.
This will be a very rough game, big rivalry game, foul trouble will be a problem, hope everyone stays under control, too close to the end of the season to have kids with suspensions.
Has nothing to do with where you born and raised. If you came from another school after your freshman year you are a transfer..
Doesn't matter if you are from Nigeria or Lotts Creek..
Passtheball Wrote:Doesn't matter if you are from Nigeria or Lotts Creek..
Totally different situation. Players were brought in to Lotts Creek, just like Perry is doing and the young man got out of that situation. Very good reason to leave and play with county kids. Not even close to the same thing, nice try though. :lame:
Hey, I agree, it was a bad situation but he's still a transfer. I'm not for the whole Cordia deal, make them a prep-school. I don't even agree with the whole Perry thing but a transfer is a transfer..
mountain hoops guru Wrote:According to some of the coaches, certain refs were asked to call certain games at the pumpkin palace and they were told that they were not allowed in the gym. To say the least, the coaches were a little upset. Some of the games didn't even involve Perry County teams. How in the world is this let go on, sounds like a law suit waiting to happen. Perry County mafia at it's best. Only in the 14th region. :HitWall:
Wow - I thought the assigning official sent refs to games and it wasn't up to the host school, to "ban" certain refs from a school seems crazy to me, seems like that would be some sort of violation of the KHSAA association; seems like that would open the door to allow schools to dictate who they wanted on the whistle - like saying everyone except "Ref A" and "Ref B" are "banned" from our school campus for game against (fill in the blank) - then only A and B could call that game ----------If this is truly happened, then you would expect KHSAA to do something
EVERY coach is allowed to "scratch" so many refs from calling at your school.

A lot of times the assigning secretaries have a hard time honoring scratches during tournaments because of the lack of bodies and schedules, but that sounds like what happened here and it's getting blown out of proportion.

I don't know about this specific instance - but I'm guessing it's something that happened during the All-A since that is the only time non-Perry County teams would have been playing at the palace. I don't know that scratches carry over to when your school is hosting other teams' games.
eky.sports.fan Wrote:Wow - I thought the assigning official sent refs to games and it wasn't up to the host school, to "ban" certain refs from a school seems crazy to me, seems like that would be some sort of violation of the KHSAA association; seems like that would open the door to allow schools to dictate who they wanted on the whistle - like saying everyone except "Ref A" and "Ref B" are "banned" from our school campus for game against (fill in the blank) - then only A and B could call that game ----------If this is truly happened, then you would expect KHSAA to do something
Exactly, not up to schools at all. Assigning secretary assigns the games, well except in Perry County. They dictate who they get. violation? would have to say so, and that is what the coaches and refs think too. But will anything be done about it, we will have to wait and see.
zaga_fan Wrote:EVERY coach is allowed to "scratch" so many refs from calling at your school.

A lot of times the assigning secretaries have a hard time honoring scratches during tournaments because of the lack of bodies and schedules, but that sounds like what happened here and it's getting blown out of proportion.

I don't know about this specific instance - but I'm guessing it's something that happened during the All-A since that is the only time non-Perry County teams would have been playing at the palace. I don't know that scratches carry over to when your school is hosting other teams' games.
This is true, the coach has the opportunity to scratch 3 refs at the beginning of every season. If you are scratched as a ref, you are not allowed to call for that team. In this instance, these refs were not scratched by any coach at Perry Central, they simply were not allowed to ref games in the palace. This would include WYMT, All -A, and any other games that have went on in the gym. Total discrimination by the Perry County Administration.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:This is true, the coach has the opportunity to scratch 3 refs at the beginning of every season. If you are scratched as a ref, you are not allowed to call for that team. In this instance, these refs were not scratched by any coach at Perry Central, they simply were not allowed to ref games in the palace. This would include WYMT, All -A, and any other games that have went on in the gym. Total discrimination by the Perry County Administration.

Sounds like you are one of the sour refs that turned their schedule in this year. Mad because you didnt get to call all-a or was it the wymt? Because I know a few of you that was bitching after the wymt. It was only a few. Hmmm. I think I know who you are.
When you dont get what you think you deserve then it's automatically discrimination or some shady deal going on. Maybe you wasn't wanted by someone.

Anyway, at least you had a big game last year.......
mountain hoops guru Wrote:This will be a very rough game, big rivalry game, foul trouble will be a problem, hope everyone stays under control, too close to the end of the season to have kids with suspensions.

Foul trouble will not be a problem for Pcc, they are ten deep.
postman Wrote:Name one kid from knotts team that wasn't born and raised in knott co .They all are from knott co.

Caudill is from letcher co
[Image:

]

#everycontinentwillbejoinedtonight More mash taters please!!!
Paparazzi Wrote:Foul trouble will not be a problem for Pcc, they are ten deep.

So is Knott!
stripedofficial Wrote:Sounds like you are one of the sour refs that turned their schedule in this year. Mad because you didnt get to call all-a or was it the wymt? Because I know a few of you that was bitching after the wymt. It was only a few. Hmmm. I think I know who you are.
When you dont get what you think you deserve then it's automatically discrimination or some shady deal going on. Maybe you wasn't wanted by someone.

Anyway, at least you had a big game last year.......
Sounds about right for the 14th, officials talking about other officials. My days of coaching are over, but still keep in touch with those walking the sidelines, and they keep me in the loop of what is going on, on and off the floor. Go to games when I can, watch some on tv, catch some on the radio, and of course get all the talk at the flea market. The 14th has always been a cut throat association from as long as I can remember. I remember getting several calls from different officials asking for good ratings and to rate other officials low to help them out in getting regional and state tournaments. So pathetic that some of these guys have to ask for help and not let their ability take care of itself. There are some pathetic excuses for refs in this region and then they call people to help them out, just amazing that this goes on.:devilflam
Back to the game tonight, Knott has been playing very well with my buddy BB back walking the sidelines. This will be a difficult game for both teams because of the rivalry between these two teams. Hope the cooler heads prevail in this one and everyone comes out in good shape for tournaments to come. Still think Perry by double digits.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1iwdwg.jpg] Bolz its on like ole Fatpat hitting the buffet bruh! Rolling Cigars baby for ole Fatpat,Ct,Jpc,and the entourage be smoking baby after post game! Tobby and the Comydores wont know what hit em baby! Plain and simple! Supaman Jones and Kenoble be rocking the rims and White Chocolate Combs be breaking ankles brutha! Shizzle Nizzle! Sir Caudill & DC3 be linked in with Nasa gps systems! Dialed in,linked up,and loaded up like first of the month boi! #toupeesbespinningtonight More mash taters please!!!