Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central vs.East Ridge/Pikeville at Paintsville
Who you got?

Going with ER
In a upset Pikeville
One right and one wrong
Pike Central over ER
Pikeville over Paintsville. Wow, I called that one. At Paintsville too.
Mjolnir Wrote:One right and one wrong
Pike Central over ER
Pikeville over Paintsville. Wow, I called that one. At Paintsville too.

Wow!!! You should be a Vegas odds maker. Pike Central over ER is a good win over there, Denise is a good coach. I was told that PC didnt really play well til the second half, is that true? I like to see the Lady Hawks get back to thw program they used to be and it seems they are on the right track with Newsome taking the reigns and leading the horse to water
15th now a 4 team race with pikeville , paintsville , Johnson central, and pike central. PC is really playing good now
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:15th now a 4 team race with pikeville , paintsville , Johnson central, and pike central. PC is really playing good now

Id say 5 team, JC, Paintsville, SV, Pikeville, PC (if PC can get over the Belfry hump)
I'd agree probably a four team race pike central has a pretty good record but that's because of a weak schedule no disrespect toward them but really haven't beat anyone that's the caliber of these other 4 teams
FrozenColonel Wrote:Id say 5 team, JC, Paintsville, SV, Pikeville, PC (if PC can get over the Belfry hump)

What would you say was Pike Centrals big win of the year?
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:15th now a 4 team race with pikeville , paintsville , Johnson central, and pike central. PC is really playing good now

Seriously, a 4-team race and Shelby Valley isn't one of them? Are we maybe a little biased?

SV has gone 2-1 against Pikeville, winning at home and neutral, losing on the road.

SV has lost to Paintsville (neutral) and won at Johnson (road).

I'm not even going to mention the 31-point shellacking they gave PC on their own home court.

I don't see how anyone would say with a straight face that Pike Central is a regional contender and not Shelby Valley.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Looking over their schedule it looks like Betsy Layne or East Ridge may be their best win to date.
I'd say SC or ER.....think everyone thinks it's a 4 team race now between SV, Paintsville, JC, and Pikeville... But I do think PC, Belfry, SF or maybe another team could upset one of the big 4 on a given night.
new o Wrote:Looking over their schedule it looks like Betsy Layne or East Ridge may be their best win to date.

By record, their best win would be Sheldon Clark. Still having a hard time putting them in with the regional contenders when they got swept in both district games with Belfry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Seriously, a 4-team race and Shelby Valley isn't one of them? Are we maybe a little biased?

SV has gone 2-1 against Pikeville, winning at home and neutral, losing on the road.

SV has lost to Paintsville (neutral) and won at Johnson (road).

I'm not even going to mention the 29-point shellacking they gave PC on their own home court.

I don't see how anyone would say with a straight face that Pike Central is a regional contender and not Shelby Valley.
I just figured valleys tough schedule might start wearing on them,pianist twice, John I burton, ridge view Va., Betsy lane twice,Allen central,Hancock co, Jenkins coming up and Letcher coming up Lol
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:I just figured valleys tough schedule might start wearing on them,pianist twice, John I burton, ridge view Va., Betsy lane twice,Allen central,Hancock co, Jenkins coming up and Letcher coming up Lol

Oh please. Every team plays some games like that. Name me a team that plays every game against a tough opponent.

At least we're clear that you're not capable of being objective.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Letcher is no cupcake, cmon now. The rest are but I believe Letcher can beat SV.
BallFan11 Wrote:Letcher is no cupcake, cmon now. The rest are but I believe Letcher can beat SV.

Letcher has no shot against valley
Going to be a great girls regional looks like
More Cowbell Wrote:Oh please. Every team plays some games like that. Name me a team that plays every game against a tough opponent.

At least we're clear that you're not capable of being objective.

Oh please you have no sense of humor
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Letcher has no shot against valley

Sorry I think you're wrong there pal. Letcher can and will play with them.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Oh please you have no sense of humor

Sense of humor? All I saw was SV being called out for playing some weaker teams, even though everybody else does the same thing.

And you did make the astute observation that they were not one of the 4 regional contenders this year.

So, ha ha. I guess.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Sense of humor? All I saw was SV being called out for playing some weaker teams, even though everybody else does the same thing.

And you did make the astute observation that they were not one of the 4 regional contenders this year.

So, ha ha. I guess.
. They have played a weak schedule, the Christmas tournament was pitiful and obvious just trying to add to the win column so ha ha
More Cowbell a bit defensive. He is certainly the least biased person on this thread. Face it SV played a weak schedule,but they will be on the top with wins and that is what matters. (To some)
Mjolnir Wrote:More Cowbell a bit defensive. He is certainly the least biased person on this thread. Face it SV played a weak schedule,but they will be on the top with wins and that is what matters. (To some)

Lol well said
Watch out for pike central this team is getting better even though some of you don't want to admit it
Plus they might have the best coach
SV schedule is tougher than PC and valley has quality wins against the other contenders PC isn't even the best team in their district and your putting them up there in the region when they haven't beat any quality team must know something we don't
I agree they(pike central) are improving,but to say they have the best coach may be stretching things a bit.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:. They have played a weak schedule, the Christmas tournament was pitiful and obvious just trying to add to the win column so ha ha

Mjolnir Wrote:More Cowbell a bit defensive. He is certainly the least biased person on this thread. Face it SV played a weak schedule,but they will be on the top with wins and that is what matters. (To some)

I never said their schedule wasn't weak. All I said is that it was no different than that played by the other contenders.

And I'm sorry, but someone who puts Pike Central in as a regional contender and leaves out Shelby Valley, is not someone I would call unbiased.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Watch out for pike central this team is getting better even though some of you don't want to admit it

What are you basing this on? They have not beaten anyone of consequence all season.

Paintsville, Pikeville, Valley, and Johnson can all say that they have at least beaten another top team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If beating a weak ER team makes you a region contender then there is a lot of contenders this year PC is getting better but not there yet
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Plus they might have the best coach

Lmao