Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region Tournament Teams
How do the teams in this year's tourney rank?

IMO:
1. Magoffin
2. Pike Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Betsy Layne
7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge
Lawrence Wrote:How do the teams in this year's tourney rank?

IMO:
1. Magoffin
2. Pike Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Betsy Layne
7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge

Looks good to me!
1. Magoffin
2. Pike Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. East Ridge
7. Besty Lane
8. Prestonburg
PCC
MC
SV
Belfry
Paintsville
ER
BL
P-burg
whos your momma Wrote:PCC
MC
SV
Belfry
Paintsville
ER
BL
P-burg

Magoffin is WAY better than PCC... IMO...
dude Dont Start That! Seriously Just Post The Order U Think. If U Thin Mc Is Better Put Mc As #1
1.pcc
2.mc
3.sv
4.paintsville
5.belfry
6.er
7.bl
8.p-burg
Lawrence Wrote:How do the teams in this year's tourney rank?

IMO:
1. Magoffin
2. Pike Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Betsy Layne
7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge
Looks Great!:thumpsup:
IMO:
1. Magoffin
2. Pike Central
3. Shelby Valley
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Betsy Layne
7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge
HOW???????
can you put PCC over Magoffin. ? you can't....
whos your momma Wrote:PCC
MC
SV
Belfry
Paintsville
ER
BL
P-burg

:thatsfunn I really wish someone could give me a reasonable explanation as to how Pike Central should be rated above Magoffin. Let me stress the word reasonable.
the radio just said the rankings! so obviously there is some way pc is on top
1.pcc
2.mc
3.sv
4.belfry
5.paintsville
6.er
7.bl
8.p-burg
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:HOW???????
can you put PCC over Magoffin. ? you can't....

THEY JUST DID!
Lawrence Wrote::thatsfunn I really wish someone could give me a reasonable explanation as to how Pike Central should be rated above Magoffin. Let me stress the word reasonable.

I can give a reasonable explanation as to how! Alright see, people believe it or not have different opinions. In my own opinion, PC is a better team, but based on the records I would have to give MC props and say that they are #1, with PC a very close 2nd. After that I really don't think that it matters, cause I think those will be the 2 teams in the regional finals. PC is playing really good b-ball at the right time of the year. Plus PC is a battle tested team, where as MC has not played a tough game in a while. Don't get me wrong cause they did play a tough schedule, but all the PC girls want to take Haley to state one more time and Haley wants to be there one more time. PC developed alot as a team while Haley was out injured and since she has been back they have been hott.
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:the radio just said the rankings! so obviously there is some way pc is on top
1.pcc
2.mc
3.sv
4.belfry
5.paintsville
6.er
7.bl
8.p-burg
This is obviously a Pike County station by the way the rankings look.
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:the radio just said the rankings! so obviously there is some way pc is on top
1.pcc
2.mc
3.sv
4.belfry
5.paintsville
6.er
7.bl
8.p-burg
well if the radio said it does that make it right , i could get on there and reverse the rankings and say thats right but that dont make it right we will all find out saturday night but dont forget this both teams have to make it there
1.pcc
2.mc
3.sv
4.belfry
5.paintsville
6.er
7.bl
8.p-burg

I'd really like to know which radio station this was. Obviously, this is a biased ranking.
Hawksfan Wrote:I can give a reasonable explanation as to how! Alright see, people believe it or not have different opinions. In my own opinion, PC is a better team, but based on the records I would have to give MC props and say that they are #1, with PC a very close 2nd. After that I really don't think that it matters, cause I think those will be the 2 teams in the regional finals. PC is playing really good b-ball at the right time of the year. Plus PC is a battle tested team, where as MC has not played a tough game in a while. Don't get me wrong cause they did play a tough schedule, but all the PC girls want to take Haley to state one more time and Haley wants to be there one more time. PC developed alot as a team while Haley was out injured and since she has been back they have been hott.

I respect your opinion but don't you think there is a difference between opinion and fact?
1. Magoffin
2. Sv
3. Pc
4. Belfry
5. Paintsville
6. Betsy Layne
7. Prestonsburg
8. East Ridge
For all of those people out there who think that Pike Central is the number one team in this region, I have a scenario for you to consider. If Kentucky would have beat Florida earlier in the year when they were ranked #1 and Florida beat them today, would that make Kentucky the number one team in the SEC? That's basically what you are trying to say. To make it even more interesting, take a look at the comparisons between the teams. Kentucky (20-10) Pike Central (17-10) Florida (25-5) Magoffin (27-3)
honestly......no One Is Going To Change There Opinion Over What U Say On Here. U Are Just Another Picture With A Name That Types Back And Fourth.just Like Everyone Else! This Is Opnions Not Facts. Theres A Difference.u Never Seem To Give Any School Credit Other Than Magoffin,yea There Prob. Your Team But Theres More Talent Out Here In The 15th. Yea I Dont Mean U Need To Change Ur Opinion Or Anything. Im Just Saying Im Not A Magoffin Fan And I Think They Are #1 As Of Now! But I Also Give Credit To Pcchs,p-ville,sv,. We Have Alot Of Talent Here In The Mountains And The Records Dont Count When U Walk In The Expo! You Start Out 0-0 And Want To Finish 3-0 Thats It!!!!we Will See Who The Top 2 Are Come SaturdaySmile
1. Magoffin County
2. Shelby Valley
3. Pike Central
4. Paintsville
5. East Ridge
6. Belfry
7. Prestonsburg
8. Betsy Layne
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:u Never Seem To Give Any School Credit Other Than Magoffin

I give plenty of credit to the other teams. There are more than just one good team in the 15th region. Honestly, any one of these teams in the tourney could put together a good enough run to win the thing. I am not trying to say that all of these other teams aren't any good. The only thing I am trying to point out is the fact that Magoffin is and should be the number one team in the 15th region until they get beat. Even if I wasn't a Magoffin fan, I have enough basketball knowledge to recognize this fact.
Lawrence Wrote:I'd really like to know which radio station this was. Obviously, this is a biased ranking.

based off this site isnt that what the majority of the rankings and posts consist of...
1. and 2. MC or PC goes into either slot
3.Valley a great team being shadowed by both PC and MC
4. Belfry has been slaking of lately could be a so called "sleeper"
5. Paintsville has been playing some great ball including the close game with MC but on their home court
6. 7. 8. Er, P-Burg and BL all have played sloppy year round will be intresting to see if one can pull the upset...
Comparing these two looking at overall schedule and the last meeting I would say Pike Central has had the best season up to this point.
BondJamesBond Wrote:Comparing these two looking at overall schedule and the last meeting I would say Pike Central has had the best season up to this point.

Bold statement right there. I mean how can you say they had a better season? 17-10 compared to a 27-3?
Yeah I think Magoffin is the best team out there and it is hard to deny that. But dont mean they will win it, they have the best chance but who knows.
Magoffin
PCC
Valley
Belfry
Paintsville
ER
BL
Pburg
BondJamesBond Wrote:Comparing these two looking at overall schedule and the last meeting I would say Pike Central has had the best season up to this point.

Smile Thanks for the good laugh.
Lawrence Wrote:The only thing I am trying to point out is the fact that Magoffin is and should be the number one team in the 15th region until they get beat. Even if I wasn't a Magoffin fan, I have enough basketball knowledge to recognize this fact.
The Cantrell rankings have them(Magoffin) at #1 and they are ranked #1 by record.
If these were real "RANKINGS" I would agree, they probably should be #1.
However, these are fans opinions of where the teams rank.
Everyone has their own opinion and the fact that Pike Central has a win against Magoffin doesn't make them that far fetched as #1.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:The Cantrell rankings have them(Magoffin) at #1 and they are ranked #1 by record.
If these were real "RANKINGS" I would agree, they probably should be #1.
However, these are fans opinions of where the teams rank.
Everyone has their own opinion and the fact that Pike Central has a win against Magoffin doesn't make them that far fetched as #1.
Valley has a win over PC does that make them #1 ?
The Fan Wrote:Valley has a win over PC does that make them #1 ?
If that's your opinion.
My point is that if two teams have split their games then it is not that far fetched for one to be ranked over another...It's all about opinion and is subjective...there is no objective measure.