Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Volcano Could Eventually Wipeout Mankind
WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) —
A supervolcano in Yellowstone National Park has the capability to "potentially wipe out life as we know it," Fox News reported Thursday.
Citing an Arizona State University study, the report said this could happen much sooner than previously anticipated.
The researchers involved analyzed fossilized ash from the last time the volcano erupted.
Results showed that the changes necessary to provoke eruption happened over the course of just a few decades -- not thousands of years, like was previously believed.
The volcano last erupted 630,000 years ago, according to National Geographic.
If it were to erupt again, the ASU study found that it would eject 2,500 times more material than Mount St. Helens did three decades ago, covering the United States in ash.
It could possibly even launch the globe into a volcanic winter.

http://fox45now.com/news/offbeat/report-...of-mankind
Granny Bear, if this thing blows you might as well get ready to give me a lifetime ban on here because there will be no more Mr. Nice Guy. Confusednicker: I'm already making my list and things I want to say to these people.
Well take that list and compare it to what the world might look like after a life threatening event. See how important those things are. Wink

I LOVE volcanoes!! There are live vid cams on these all over the world and several of them I like to check routinely. One time, about ten years ago, Yellowstone lake started to flood on one side, but was starting to show the bottom of the lake on the other side. Turns out, the entire ground was "shifting". :o

Also, one of the cameras caught a UFO above it last week. Google it. So much fun!!

Wink
I agree Granny, volcanoes are awesome displays of natures majesty, but this Yellowstone one is absolutely terrifying. I hope it still has a few thousand years of dormancy ahead of it.
Me too!! But it's already late from the previous cycles!
I say your a daisy if you do.
Try us Yellowstone. I think your just a scared girl
You're nuts!!

And I'm your huckleberry!!